It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United Nations Calls For IMMEDIATE Investigation Into Trayvon Martin Events

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Well the U.S. is part of the United Nations so technical if they feel human rights are being violated, they can investigate. If it was a big enough human rights violation they could even send in troops.

Now, does the Treyvon Martin case warrant a U.N. investigation?

F*ck No.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
surely when one person shoots another person (regardles of their skin colour) they are violating that persons human rights? are they going to investigate every murder worldwide then? i think not.

if the msm had any moral credability they would be subjective (ie:- skin colour should not be an issue) and focus on the crime itself and what the facts are. the simple fact that the media chose to report on this particular crime out of the numerous murders/violent crimes that happened across the U.S. that day/night is tantamount to creating this so called racehate/racewar and the "revenge" attacks that followed.

martin luther king put it something like this "judge not a man by the colour of his skin, but by the content of his character". a world where everyone thinks like this (people as humans rather than black or white) is quite far away, but not unreachable. just my opinion.
edit on 7/4/2012 by josephamccoy because: grammar

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
F the UN. Obama may want that kind of crap... This is my country. Mind your own business!

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I mean this litteraly, over my dead body.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Exactly.More than a thousand farmers have been murdered in my country since 1994.It has become such a dangerous career that thousands have given up,and has led to South Africa having to do what was never necessary in previous years- import food to make up a shortfall.There's a minority population of a few million whites that may be under outright attack by certain groups in the black citizenry when Nelson Mandela dies-wonder if they will bother to step in here,if it ever becomes necessary.Propably not,if it does'nt serve a particular agenda.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
If the UN is going to investigate, I wish they would do it in a county like Belgium or Switzerland. I really don't appreciate them here. I really don't like supporting them. I don't even like listening to them but Our Dear Leader does. I guess that makes it important.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homeguard
F the UN. Obama may want that kind of crap... This is my country. Mind your own business!

Hey!

Did you actually read any of the attached information, or just the headline?

Just wondering.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
idk why the UN thinks this is a rights issue, he had the right to have a gun too, and he also had the right to say, "don't shoot me bro", pretty sure he gave him a warning, they don't call it a mexican stand off for nothing, lol all puns aside, really UN GTFO out of america, and go ahead try touching my guns
, we'll see who can touch em first

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by Cuervo
This is what our UN has been doing in every nation. For some reason, we think we can be in the UN but not be subject to it. The biggest problem with this bit of global accountability is... why this incident? Why not investigate one of the many global atrocities we are responsible on virtually every corner of the globe. Of all the things they could shine a spotlight on, why this?

That alone is extremely suspect.

I don't think it is suspect, I think it may be asking for a review of how a neighbourhood watch person can shoot someone in cold blood and call it self defense, even when he was asked to stop pursuing him. Maybe the UN is questioning how (what some people feel is) cold blooded murder in North America can go unpunished.

You are part of the UN, do you think America should be exempt to the laws it will push to be held in other parts of the world>

I think you missed my meaning. I totally agree with you; it should be scrutinized. That's the job of the UN. My problem is that the UN doesn't give a crap about anything else we do. If we were held accountable for the other things we did on a global scale, then this wouldn't seem so weird. Personally, I find it pretty cool that they are saying something but I'm just thinking "why now"?

It would be like if you ran over a pedestrian but the cops only cared that you didn't signal first.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

i recommend the UN, as a collective, to go fly a kite and have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne
[

starving africans eh? the UN will need many guns and boots on the ground to instigate agenda 21, I wonder if they are banking on africa to provide the many troops that will be nescessary to enforce this?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Originally posted by Furbs
So what?

So the UN calls for IMMEDIATE investigation..

What is the UN going to do if we said no?

Contact the US government to explain the situation and ask them to send in troops.....

oh wait.. nvm..

(adjusting tinfoil hat)
What if riots start with deaths resulting.
Obama could ask for an "impartial" intervention and all of a sudden, we're seeing baby-blue PeaceKeeper helmets in the streets of Florida.
Call me crazy, but isn't this the type of thing that ATS is all about?

There's a beautiful irony in what you just said. The only reason we would even need intervention is because our own troops are too busy intervening.

I was going to put a laughing emote at the end but decided that's a little too sad to be truly funny.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
How odd is that!!?! Why on earth did they choose this particular case to stand up and say such a thing about? How many other shootings and such have happened and they didn't blink an eye? Something isn't quite right about that.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

The U.N. can investigate this when the post their findings of the events in Syria and Sudan.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
What the hell is wrong with this world??????

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Homeguard

I 100% agree with you. I want the UN to investigate my human rights because mr o ripped off my change.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

I have such a hard time believing this it just makes no sense what so ever. my head hurts EDIT: Quick googlin' shows it is true. /facepalm

Not so fast.

So far the story has only been reported on "The Telegraph". Faux News got its 'report' from The Telegraph. Bloggers got their reports from The Telegraph, Faux, or other bloggers.

Ms. Pillay has an awful lot on her plate at the moment to be worrying about one murder out of thousands in the USA, although she is the United Nations Human Rights Commisioner and the United States is one of the United Nations, and its citizens are Humans with Rights. That said, assuming she did make the reported remarks (remember Martin's supporters have petitioned the UN to encourage international publicity), they are basically platitudes. Of course all murders should be investigated and the perpetrators punished, does anybody here deny her the right to make such comments?

The reported remarks are really not very controversial. She supposedly said the law should apply equally to everyone, and she was awaiting the results of the investigation and trial. Just like everybody else should be doing.

But the UN doesn't get involved in cases like this in countries where there is a functioning legal system, and her remarks, if they actually happened, aren't interference. What do you expect her to say when she is asked to comment officially - "go away and leave me alone"?. American's are not immune from international attention over human rights violations, any more than South Africa, Burma, or Syria.

edit on 8/4/2012 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
People got to know something
is up when the whole media attack
machine is making up lies
and the UN is coming down from
the heavens to get involved into something
that they have no business in..

People still not seeing how this is being
played out by the race baiters, al, jack, msnbc, cnn,
fox, abc, everyone and thing you can think off.

Still want zimmermans head?

Connect the dots people they wana riots, and civil
disturbance, do not fall for it JUSTICE FOR ZIMMERMAN !!

Exactlty what they want, massive civil unrest so they can impliment more radical laws,and justify Martial law

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa
reply to post by Bixxi3

I have such a hard time believing this it just makes no sense what so ever. my head hurts EDIT: Quick googlin' shows it is true. /facepalm

Not so fast.

So far the story has only been reported on "The Telegraph". Faux News got its 'report' from The Telegraph. Bloggers got their reports from The Telegraph, Faux, or other bloggers.

Ms. Pillay has an awful lot on her plate at the moment to be worrying about one murder out of thousands in the USA, although she is the United Nations Human Rights Commisioner and the United States is one of the United Nations, and its citizens are Humans with Rights. That said, assuming she did make the reported remarks (remember Martin's supporters have petitioned the UN to encourage international publicity), they are basically platitudes. Of course all murders should be investigated and the perpetrators punished, does anybody here deny her the right to make such comments?

The reported remarks are really not very controversial. She supposedly said the law should apply equally to everyone, and she was awaiting the results of the investigation and trial. Just like everybody else should be doing.

But the UN doesn't get involved in cases like this in countries where there is a functioning legal system, and her remarks, if they actually happened, aren't interference. What do you expect her to say when she is asked to comment officially - "go away and leave me alone"?. American's are not immune from international attention over human rights violations, any more than South Africa, Burma, or Syria.

edit on 8/4/2012 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

I may have missed it, is she interested in the massacre in Afganistan also or just the Zimmerman case?

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I feel so sorry for the Martins. Their son's horrific death is being used for so many different social and political agendas, none of which they sought, nor are in control of.

I just hope that they ultimately find justice and some modicum of peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join