It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My friend claims to have special abilities, I think he's crazy.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Your friend sounds a bit like Forrest Gump and a bit like Spiderman.

It would be really easy to prove this. A simple video of him running from behind. He stays anonymous and you prove your friend has these abilities.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnCreed777

"like cover a football field in between 7-15 seconds."

thats a big gap?
is he slower after having a smoke

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
i don't think that running the length of a football field in 15 seconds should be considered 'special' unless in this case 'special' is referring to the kids that take the short bus to school...but as far as some of the other things you mentioned...i think what you are describing is that your friend has either a heightened sense of perception or something else a bit more complex to describe, but i'll try.

i've seen it in sports...where someone seems to always be in the right place at the right time to take advantage of a situation...as if their mind ran a million simulations instantaneously and they made a decision that just so happened to be the exact location where he needed to be to give himself the victory and this is done with regularity so that most people will say...its a special ability.

Michael Jordan explained it once...he called it 'the moment'...in this place, for him, reality slows down but his own perception of it is still moving at real time...like everyone is moving in slow motion except for the observer.

i suppose some may assume perhaps that he's just a fast thinker...but I think what is really happening is that people exist in different locations in space time.

for example: lets say two people are standing side by side and by all accounts and observations they are basically standing in the same place at the same time.

lets assume that one of the people; however, exists in reality at a moment in time which can be considered or described as being slightly before the other. a difference imperceptible by the casual observer.

i don't know how to write this as a mathematical equation but i'm sure some of you do.

the situation that arises is that no matter what one does, it always happens at a time and place in the other persons past, which that person never experienced because it hadn't happened yet...so its as if the something someone else does never happens or that the person who the action was directed at responded to it too quickly for it to be effective.

conversely, everything one person does always occurs in the other persons future and by the time they arrive in their own future its already occurred and nothing can be done to undo it.

so, the ability is not special...your friend is before you and probably many other people.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
One of your threads from 2011:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"Can everyone control their adrenal glands?

I am slightly bored but mostly curious, I was thinking about something i've been able to do since I was a little kid. I've always been able to control my adrenal glands, force them to secrete epinephrine, reproduce the hormone quicker etc. Ever since I was little i've been able to push my to extremes such as increasing stamina via, say going two days without food and and minor dehydration while enduring demanding physical activity, pushing past exhaustion. I took biology, advanced biology, and anatomy in highschool and not once read about this bieng natural. Is it? is it just a natural human trait? Anyhow i'd like to hear your take on it. "

Sounds and awful lot like your "friend".

And another thread:

"Ok, so i'm not exactly sure why I'm writing this, mostly for some sort of answer to this strange phenomenon. To elaborate i'll start from the beginning. A few years ago after a "super moon" event I noticed something starnge about myself that wasn't ther before, I "knew" what people were thinking. Not in a literal sense however, I knew what there deepest emotions were, their insecurities, through this I had a general idea of what they were thinking. I looked it up and supposedly people with said trait are called empaths hence a heightened sense of empathy. I'm not sure how this came to be but after I tried it on a few people and was accurate I knew i wasn't crazy. "

And another:

"What I wish to know is if there is a surefire method of determining whether or not an indigo. I've taken all these indigo tests and analyzed the characteristic data, according to all of this I am an indigo adult and have no reason to question otherwise. "

You seem like a nice kid, but I have to be blunt here. Stop trying to find reasons to believe you are something special. I've read your threads. Indigo children, cryokinesis, super human abilities, and so on and so forth. You are not going to be an X-Man, or a Super Saiyan. This kind of thing seems to be common among younger individuals who are interested in paranormal abilities. The fascination seems to manifest as a belief that you are indeed something special or have, or can learn to have, control over these abilities.

I used to browse the Psi-Ability forums back in the early 2000's, and this kind of mentality was very common, and the coy cries for attention are very transparent. You need to understand that just because you are interested in these subjects, it doesn't mean you will necessarily experience them first hand. And by deluding yourself into believing that you are, or by bending the truth of your claims, you severely damage the credibility of the phenomenon, and it makes it harder for other researchers to learn anything of value because you are filling the internet with more fluff. And just because you have vague feelings of being disconnected from those around you does not mean you are anything special like an indigo child or anything like that. Chances are, you are just surrounded by idiots, like most of us are in our daily lives. By all means, keep researching, keep studying, but don't add yourself into every equation. It's not honest with yourself or others. When you become interested in one of these subjects, look at things objectively, and don't pay attention to other people who are in the same boat as you are, as their delusions will only fuel your own. Good luck.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Morgenstern89

straight burn, good one dude

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

Originally posted by JohnCreed777

So here are the abilities he claims to have, some I know he's had because I saw him use them: can control adrenal glands, run really fast and then some, like cover a football field in between 7-15 seconds.

i wanna see this, bust out you smart phone and start recording
edit on 6-4-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

This isn't hard to believe.NFL players routinely run the 40 yard dash in under 5 seconds.Stands to reason that they could do 100 yards in under 15.As for the rest of the op
Nothing paranormal about it.Sounds like he believes anything he's told.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

So here are the abilities he claims to have, some I know he's had because I saw him use them: can control adrenal glands, run really fast and then some, like cover a football field in between 7-15 seconds.

i wanna see this, bust out you smart phone and start recording
edit on 6-4-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

This isn't hard to believe.NFL players routinely run the 40 yard dash in under 5 seconds.Stands to reason that they could do 100 yards in under 15.As for the rest of the op
Nothing paranormal about it.Sounds like he believes anything he's told.

the guy said 7-15 seconds which if u average is about 10 seconds i would like to see any football player run a hundred yards in 10 seconds or less, 15 maybe but any less than that is something special but it is obvious that this is a hoax so the point is moot

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Ok everyone you want the truth? Here it is, I have no friends with any abilities, my friends are nothing like me, i'm the one with abilities. Am I superman, or do I claim to be special in any way? NO! Do I have superpowers or possess any traits worthy to spark Stan Lee's interest, no. So, why are earth why did I say I was my friend talking about myself voiding any possible credibility? It is because of the fact that no matter how great ATS is at providing information, it is still hounded by skeptics and debunkers bound and determined to dis-credit anything in existence. I'm a member on ATS for two reasons 1 information, 2 answers. I dont give a crap whether or not anyone believes for if they wish to debate then they clearly do not have the answers I seek.

Almost 3 years ago I went from a life of close minded skepticism, to having an ability. I had two choices, declare myself insane or test this "thing" that I could suddenly do. I tested it on a few people I knew not very well, and one stranger. I looked into their eyes, and amongst the blurring traffic in my head I just knew their current emotions, what they thought of me, and what they thaught of themselves, the insecurities. This ability costed me a good friend of 8 years. My friend lied to me, betrayed me, and I knew all along, I was proven right when I caught said friend saying horrible things about me behind my back. Sometimes I wish the ability was fake, sometimes I wish I was lying and I am crazy, but every day I live with the evidence. I can't turn it off it something that is with me every second, as a result I have become somewhat anti social and a bit of a recluse. Yes I can run fast, really fast, like superhuman fast? No, just fast enough to beat the fastest runner I know who also does steroids, and when he moves you can see how fast he is. Well I'm faster, I don't know exactly how fast but I do intend to get my hands on one of those speed guns cops use. I'm pretty sure I could cover a highschool size football field in less than 15 seconds maybe give or take a few seconds. I just counted to 15 and it seemed to take forever, anyhow just thought i'd clear that up as i'm sure many of you thought of a stadium field.

I did go out for football in junior high, my old man pushed me he knew i'd be good. My school was small and had a 9 man team so it was troo small for tryouts, we simply just went to practice. At the time I was 110 pounds and scrawny, I had horrible reflexes, I was clumsy and had horrible coordination. I humuliated myself on the first day of practice and never went back. The coach was a former bully and all three of his sons were bullys, all 3 of them on the team along with their friends. That summer I exercized and honed in every skill I was low in, I played catch with my dad at least 3 time a week. By the next year I weighed 145 lbs, I was stronger, faster, and my reflexes and coordination were improved by tenfold. My old man told me I should go back in I would probably be the best reciever the chool ever had. That year during phy ed. we plpayed flag football, once I got warmed up I was unstoppable, no one knew what to think. I never went back out for football for reasons previously, I do regret it every day, it kills me to not know just how good I could have been. I was scared and stupid, a mistake I hope my kids will never have to live with.

Almost a decade later, my coordination is quite well as I practice throwing knives up and catching them, the goal is to catch them as if I were to use it. If I fail I recieve a sore hand, something that rarely happens. My reflexes are not cat-like because a cats are slower than mine, this too i've tested. Things like these I may be willing to make a video of, they are nothing special. However no one will ever find a video of me running or using any other of my abilities, I do not care to exploit myself just so some skeptic will believe me. I do not believe I am psychic as I am well aware that anyone can have any of the traits I have, for some it takes years maybe even decades to practice. For some reason I didn't have to practice very much if any, nonetheless that does make me a savant or spider-man.

I know what I can see, I know it is the truth to me. Whether or not it is someone elses truth is up to them. As long as I know this these things and keep my sanity in check while maintaininga level of humbleness, I don't give a rats a%& what anyone else thinks.

So here you have it, break it down and analyze ever keystroke as I know you do so well.
Cheers

P.S. I apologize for any unintended offense this may unleash.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Interesting. There have been report of peoples like you. I really don't think that you are crazy, but are someone very special. if it can comfort you, i can push aside cars with my thoughts when they are way too close to my car. I think that abilities like that should be studied, cause when used for good purpose, it might be very useful against the NWO. I suggest you should continue to enhance your abilities.
edit on 7-4-2012 by starheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
What's with the recent threads from all these 'special' people?

I don't get it?

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Lots of "my friend can do this" posts. Your friend can do that and you're gullible to think this is a super power. He has self-control. And mirror neurons that tell him something hurts when it's in a fake story. The neck cutting doesn't hurt anybody in a movie. It's corn syrup and red food dye, and fake heads. He has a vivid imagination.

You are on the path of being fooled, or your friend is on a path of becoming a cult leader with his own followers. Does he have to have super powers to be recognized as a friend? Maybe he just likes showing off his vivid imagination. Do not give this one money when he asks for it. The magnetic effect he has on you is working.

Enjoy the summer pretending to be comic book heroes. Remember it is only make believe.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

It's hard to believe any "truth" you post after what you pulled.

Burn the web of lies and start over. Don't try to weave it into another fashion.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
What's with the recent threads from all these 'special' people?

I don't get it?

They're "special" and you aren't. That's why you, me and the sane people don't get it. Because only the "special" get it.
See, it all makes sense now

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
You would have received the same criticism whether it was you claiming to have abilities, or you claiming that it was your friend. You complain that you would be "hounded by skeptics and debunkers" if you said it was you, what do you expect? ATS' motto is "Deny Ignorance" and that's exactly what everyone is doing in this thread. There's a difference between debunking, and being objective/thinking critically. So not only did you consciously deceive the members (poorly, I might add, since you'd already made a thread about it before), but you became self righteous when they were right and called you out on it!

"Am I superman, or do I claim to be special in any way? NO!"

No, but you sure want others to think you are, look at all these threads you've made trying to reinforce your own beliefs.

You say you want answers. You don't want answers. People are giving you answers. But you don't like the answers. You don't even have to ask to find answers, you could just research. But instead, you are posting threads on the internet. What you are looking for is validation. You want someone to tell you that you are an indigo child, because you want to believe you are. You want someone to tell you that cryokinesis is real, because you want to believe it is. And so on and so forth.

You've offered up so much information regarding what lead you to ATS that none of this really surprises me. You are a 21/22 year old kid who was an outcast at school, and as you've said yourself, are now an anti-social young adult. Welcome to the club. I can guarantee you that most of the members of boards like this are, or were in the exact same situation, or worse. Typically, it is the outcasts who are interested in these kinds of strange things. It's very comforting to think there's something special about yourself, that you could be above everyone else, and believing you are is an attractive idea. But really, it's just that most kids your age are imbeciles, and your interests don't fit with theirs.

"However no one will ever find a video of me running or using any other of my abilities, I do not care to exploit myself just so some skeptic will believe me."

"I know what I can see, I know it is the truth to me. Whether or not it is someone elses truth is up to them. As long as I know this these things and keep my sanity in check while maintaininga level of humbleness, I don't give a rats a%& what anyone else thinks. "

That is not how this works. You can't come and ask people to validate your own beliefs, turn them away when they ask to see proof of your claims, and then smugly tell them "Hey man, your loss if you don't believe me."

I encourage you to keep researching, but don't get carried away. You do get carried away, and as a result, many of your ideas/beliefs are poorly thought out, and you are unwilling to hear, understand, and accept the opinions of others who, in many cases on this forum, have probably been into this stuff longer than you have, and know better. On top of that, you don't have the maturity to be honest with others about this. You were caught, and got all high and mighty instead of just admitting it. Not going to be good for the track record, dude.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by selfharmonise

A single brush stroke does not show a painting, it shows a crush stroke. Such as the assumption of details never delivers the truth. You have to pay attention to see the bigger picture.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Mind over matter. Some people have it the other way around. You know that your friend is not some freak show, I hope that some here realize that he does not owe it to the world to prove his abilities because abilities do not prove worth. I'm guessing your friend knows on the inside/ subconsciously that he is important, and that such a belief is made manifest. Others accept the belief that they are "average" which is no different than considering oneself unimportant, which is simply untrue..though it tends to lead them to overcompensate, usually by attempting to intimidate those with a mustard seed's knowledge of their own worth and capability.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen I would like you for all coming here tonight. The insults are much appreciated, I shall as advised close my mouth and simply discontinue any sort of search for answers. I have yet to find anything usable or even valid. What I will do is pretend to be normal or "sane" and declare myself insane and perhaps check myself into the nearest mental institution. Since I seem to get nothing but criticism at the mere mentioning of the word "empath" I must not be one as there must be no such thing. We're just crazy is what it is, theres no such thing. After all if you can't see it, it clearly does not exist. Perhaps someday i'll be lucky enough to meet a crazy person such as myself, oh wait duh, mental institute.
Sadly for you, you will never see any proof, i'm not special. So if you want your daily pickings of "special" people talk to Stan Lee, i'm sure he knows a few

Nonetheless, it's hard to say i've ever found anything useful here so as advised I shall. Burn the bridge, and "burn the web" however it would be pointless to "start over" so have a good night and good bye.

*thread annhialated*

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Hmm, appears I can't find the delete option....

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Sounds more like he has an overactive imagination and a bit of an ego/pride issue, rather than being "crazy" or having a mental illness (or any "real" supernatural power,lol)

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Ladies and gentlemen I would like you for all coming here tonight. The insults are much appreciated, I shall as advised close my mouth and simply discontinue any sort of search for answers. I have yet to find anything usable or even valid. What I will do is pretend to be normal or "sane" and declare myself insane and perhaps check myself into the nearest mental institution. Since I seem to get nothing but criticism at the mere mentioning of the word "empath" I must not be one as there must be no such thing. We're just crazy is what it is, theres no such thing. After all if you can't see it, it clearly does not exist. Perhaps someday i'll be lucky enough to meet a crazy person such as myself, oh wait duh, mental institute.
Sadly for you, you will never see any proof, i'm not special. So if you want your daily pickings of "special" people talk to Stan Lee, i'm sure he knows a few

Nonetheless, it's hard to say i've ever found anything useful here so as advised I shall. Burn the bridge, and "burn the web" however it would be pointless to "start over" so have a good night and good bye.

*thread annhialated*

You meet peoples disbelief with sarcasm? No one is insulting you. People are criticizing you because you lied, and have provided no proof for this validation you seek. Justifiably, people aren't just taking your word for it, and you are getting angry at them like a frustrated child. No one's saying these abilities don't exist, that's what you think people are saying. They're saying that as of right now, there's really no reason to think that that's the case with you, as you have provided no evidence aside from your own account. You are avoiding any direct confrontation with people in here because you know you've miscalculated this little stunt. As I said, you are looking for validation. You want to make a claim, however real or unreal it may be, and you want people to believe you, and ooh and ahh over your stories, to validate your beliefs, but that's not going to happen, and it doesn't need to happen.

Why do you need anyone's validation here? Why do most of your threads involve you asking people to validate beliefs you already hold?

"Can everyone control their adrenal glands?"
"Who are we (the indigo peoples and children)?"
"Psychic abilities: Do they exist? Whats are they? how can we prove their existence if so?"
"1 year ago, several unsual psychic-like dreams, and cryokinesis."
"Anyone know how to do cryokinses (for real) if it's real I wish to learn, WARNING includes some dre"
"Does Cryokinesis other other varying kinesis's exist, if so does anyone have a practical way of lea"
"I'm not really sure who I am, who I was in a past life? I want to enter the akashic hall of records"
"Any surefire way to prove to your inner skeptic that you are an indigo adult?"
"So, I think I may have some sort of ability, curse, insanity or coincidence. Is it some branch off f"

Reading through those threads, none of them strike me as a person looking for objective answers, facts, theories, or differing opinions, which is the proper way to research. They all strike me as someone who wants to tell someone their story, has made up their mind already as to what is the truth, and they want people to agree with them en masse.

We'd all be more than happy for you to prove your initial claim, what with the ease of obtaining a digital video camera these days.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join