It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible Isn't Stupid, We Are

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleSun

Just because something isn't in the bible doesn't mean it didn't happen. Emperor was creating a new religion to unite Roman when the bible came together and had to decide on one meaning from political pressure, not due to the purity of the events as they happened.

Precisely. Just because it's in the Bible, contrary to popular belief, doesn't make it true.

Nothing (and I do mean nothing) makes it that far through time without damage. Revisions and reorganizations galore...

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NaptownBrown

Originally posted by jiggerj

reply to post by Starchild23

Here is my proof: Thousands of years of ancient Hebrew prophecy regarding the Messiah fulfilled exactly as had been predicted. Thousands of years before Jesus arrival, ancient Hebrew texts describe him.

Not convinced enough? Ok, there is plenty more.

Jesus Christ DIED and was DEAD for three days. And then rose from His tomb and appeared to hundreds of people, whose testimonies are recorded in The Bible. He sat down and ate a meal with some of them. Not just one person saw Him, but many. You don't believe it because it is recorded in a book (as opposed to documented on film)...yet, you accept the history of many other things based solely on what you've read. You believe them as fact because of the testimonies of others.

Here is an example: If I beat Tiger Woods in golf, but nobody saw me do it...the story would quickly fade away. But if I beat Tiger Woods in golf and 100 people saw me do it....then the stroy would get legs. People would write about it. People would record the occasion.

Hundreds of people saw the resurrected Christ. If that is not proof to you, than you are simply refusing to believe.

Your own argument goes against you, Nap. If you beat Tiger Woods, you are 100% right; people would write about it. HUNDREDS of people, meaning there would be so many sources that it would be hard for anyone to disbelieve. What do we have on Jesus? ONE book. And it's not only that it's just one book, but every piece of what could termed as compelling evidence is missing.

Where's Noah's Ark? We don't know.

Where's the Ark of the Covenant that contains the Ten Commandments? Can't find it.

Where's the body of Christ? Well, ummm, would you believe it floated up into space? Yeah, that's the ticket.

From what I've seen of burials in the ancient past, the deceased were placed in catacombs. There are catacombs with thousands and thousands of bones. So, if god supposedly killed every firstborn of Egypt, tell me, where is this catacomb? Surely it would have been marked somehow, and written about in Egyptian history, right?

So, what we have is a book full of inconsistencies and contradictions, with no evidence to back up any of it.

Did Jesus exist? Hey, who knows. Did he walk on water? Did he bring Lazarus three days rotten back from the dead? The only response I can muster is: There has never been, nor will there ever be such a thing as magic.

When Jesus fed a multitude on a few fish and a few loaves of bread, why didn't just 10% of that multitude write about it? They didn't have TV or radio. All they had was writing. There should be sources upon sources upon sources to validate this event. Where are they?

Nobody thought to save his mother's body? The body of Lazarus? Why isn't the place of his last supper memorialized? Why wasn't the whole cross saved? The thorn of crowns?

Today, there are people claiming to miraculously heal others in the name of Jesus. Why can't they restore a lost limb?
edit on 4/9/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/9/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

Well, lets take your response piece by piece.

First of all, there are five books that contain actual events of Jesus (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and Acts). So not one, but five. The Bible is a collection of books.

Secondly, in those five books, hundreds of people witnessed the resurrection. If I beat Tiger Woods in golf, would each person who witnessed it write a book about it? No, but they would gladly testify to it. If they were all lying, then the story would eventually die out pretty quickly right?

So you need to see Noah's Ark to believe? Somehow I feel like if they did discover it, you would still not believe.

To address your Egypt-catacombs issue. We bury our dead in cemetaries over here in the States. Been that way for a long time. BUt just because there are no gravemarkers at Gettysburg, doesn't mean that people didn't get slaughtered there during the Civil War.

Those books were copied from one another, with little variations to make them appear to be from different authors. Once again, those apostles didn't write those books.

Would I believe Noah's ark if found. Well, only if it showed that this craft cracked right in half. It was too long for the design and would never have survived an ocean storm.

Have a pic for ya, of a cemetery in Gettysburg.

edit on 4/10/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleSun

reply to post by jiggerj

All sinners are saved through the blood of Jesus. His sacrifice was enough.

Well, after watching 'Bloodline' I think your Jesus was an average Joe that married Mary Magdeline and moved to France, where their bloodline is alive and well, and protected.

Yeshua did not go to France. He traveled to India after "resurrection" where there is more documentation of His life there than there is any evidence of him in the Gospels. St. Miriam did go to Southern France where Saint Sarah was born and the bloodline continued. This is not some "Divinci Code" story, it is documented fact. I am a member of the Merovingian bloodline - one of less than 800 people in the world with documentation tracing my genealogy to Elizabeth de Aquataine and King Merovech and from there the historical records to St. Sarah and Yeshua. There are many many more in Southern Spain. It's not surprising that the bloodline went to Charlamagne and includes Alexander the Great - all documented and historical fact. Anyone who doesn't believe that to be true should use the same questions to question their beliefs of the bible. Again, it's no huge "secret" or conspiracy. Just genealogical fact. Just because it's not included in the "bible" doesn't mean it didn't happen like so many think.

Historically, the Merovingian Kings were Frankish rulers and the last Merovingian King was deposed and replaced by Pepin, the first Carolingian King of the Franks. This was back in the year 751 AD.

The only current mention of the Merovingian Kings is in the book "The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail" which has been thoroughly discredited as a hoax.

I myself am related to Louis XIV of France and so I would be (according to "The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail") of the Merovingian bloodline. The thing is, I'm not. Louis XIV was of the Bourbon family and was from 1,000 years after the Merovingians were deposed.

History & legend differ.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Man made life was done in 2010.
Synthetic cells.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleSun

If you are going to rely on the Gnostic writings, or what people refer to as the Lost Gospels, then we will never really agree.

The Bible is the only word of God I am willing to accept. I will not accept the writings of the gnostics or what some call the Lost Gospels. There is no evidence that the Q Logia even exists.

Its basically, I believe basedon implementation of the Biblical teachings. If you refuse to believe based on History Channel docs, then I suppose its your right to live short of God's glory.

I hope that one day you will open your mind to our Heavenly Father.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NaptownBrown

The Bible is the only word of God I am willing to accept.

Oh, so your willingness makes it true? Your decision to believe it makes it true?

Wow, now I KNOW you're full of it.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Oh, so your willingness makes it true? Your decision to believe it makes it true?

No no, he's not full of it in the way you suggest. This is the way it is: People can only pretend to believe in something that has no evidence. They can't really say if anything in the bible is right or wrong, or true or false. If somethng can't be proven, then the only thing that the religious can say is, "I just believe it, that's all."

It is the way with the billions of believers of every religion that is based on irrational, illogical events.

As for me, I wholeheartedly believe that a 4 1/2 billion year old ping pong ball sits in the very center of our planet. Hey, prove me wrong!

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

No no, he's not full of it in the way you suggest. This is the way it is: People can only pretend to believe in something that has no evidence. They can't really say if anything in the bible is right or wrong, or true or false. If somethng can't be proven, then the only thing that the religious can say is, "I just believe it, that's all."

It is the way with the billions of believers of every religion that is based on irrational, illogical events.

As for me, I wholeheartedly believe that a 4 1/2 billion year old ping pong ball sits in the very center of our planet. Hey, prove me wrong!

No ping pong balls have been discovered floating in space, formed of pure spontaneity.

Consider that your disproof.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tomten

The moment man becomes god, is the beginning of the moment man decides he knows better than god. And that will lead to the moment when man forgets god completely.

That, my friend, is the moment we are all truly screwed.

...I may use that as my signature.

edit on CWednesdaypm292914f14America/Chicago11 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxThexGreatxEscapexx
The bible has a ton of contradictions. You'll never get anywhere with it unless you learn the original language the bible was translated from. Latin and Greek, Leo Tolstoy did it.

The original language was in Hebrew, but the original Hebrew bible were based on ancient texts - Akkadian, Sumerian, Assyrian..written in cuneiform and predated the bible.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

reply to post by tomten

The moment man becomes god, is the beginning of the moment man decides he knows better than god. And that will lead to the moment when man forgets god completely.

That, my friend, is the moment we are all truly screwed.

...I may use that as my signature.

edit on CWednesdaypm292914f14America/Chicago11 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

It's actually pretty good.

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

No ping pong balls have been discovered floating in space, formed of pure spontaneity.

Space is not at the core of the earth. Why can't you just believe it? Just BELIEVE!!! lol

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Where's Noah's Ark?
Where's the Ark of the Covenant that contains the Ten Commandments?
Where's the body of Christ?
Did Jesus exist?
Did he walk on water?
Did he bring Lazarus three days rotten back from the dead?
The body of Lazarus?
Why can't they restore a lost limb?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

eh, if you don't want to believe, thats your choice. I won't try to convince you otherwise. I'll just love you anyway. I say that the Bible is the Word of God. I believe that to be 100% true. I will continue use Jesus as an example for the way to live my life. I am not hurting anybody or throwing insults.

Is it really such a bad thing to love others as I wish to be loved? That seems pretty basic.
Am I really hurting society by rallying around those in need?
Am I harming you or others with the message salvation and everlasting life?

You may think I am 100% wrong and that I am an idiot. That's fine.

BUt what if I am right? What if there is a heaven and a hell? What if Jesus really was the only way to prevent eternal agony?

Maybe you know 100% without a doubt that it is all a lie. The Bible and everything. Maybe it's the greatest hoax in human history. But what if you are wrong? Are you willing to take the chance that you are wrong in this situation? An eternity means forever...it means there is no end. Where would you like to be spending eternity, hypothetically speaking? If you are 100% sure, then it doesn't matter.

You seem like an analytical guy...what if there is a 0.001% chance its all true? You really want to wager your soul on it? You are free to do so.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

so what do you put your faith in?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I never read the Bible but I feel that I know that book ,I wonder what is the Bible about!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by diamondoftheworld
I never read the Bible but I feel that I know that book ,I wonder what is the Bible about!

Are you kidding?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

eh, if you don't want to believe, thats your choice.

Interesting choice of words. Choose to believe? I just had someone tell me it's fact.

So which is it? Fact or faith? Knowledge, or belief?

Perception is more powerful than truth, but it will only hide so much of the world in your mind...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Space is not at the core of the earth. Why can't you just believe it? Just BELIEVE!!! lol

Because if a ping pong ball were at the center of the earth, that means Earth formed around it. Logically, that would imply that ping pong balls form in space. And if space is largely homogenous (to a degree) then wouldn't you say different types of ping pong balls are drifting through space?

After all, if it happens once so easily, it would happen again and again. Lightning may not strike again in the same place, but you can bet your rosy posterior that it strikes again.

And since we don't see any floating in space...well, we can conclude that your hypothesis is incorrect.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Demigodly

Originally posted by xxThexGreatxEscapexx
The bible has a ton of contradictions. You'll never get anywhere with it unless you learn the original language the bible was translated from. Latin and Greek, Leo Tolstoy did it.

The original language was in Hebrew, but the original Hebrew bible were based on ancient texts - Akkadian, Sumerian, Assyrian..written in cuneiform and predated the bible.

The book wasn't originally written in Latin. Do your research, then post.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join