It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible Isn't Stupid, We Are

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by chr0naut

Originally posted by netgamer7k
The OT and NT are the most common ancient texts throughout the world, no one can deny that. To claim it has been changed through the centuries is simply false, because we would be able to identify where and when it was changed due to the massive number of copies.

Just last week I watched a documentary (I think it was called, Riddles of the Bible, I THINK) that showed ancient bibles where the oldest didn't have this part, but the next oldest did have that part. At one point two different christian bibles were being manufactured at the same time for two different parts of the world. I know that at one time God's wife (Ashira?) was in the bible, but because more and more people were worshipping her instead of god, she was deleted.

The Old Testament mentions people who worship Asherah Poles (phallic poles or trees stripped of branches, located in high places and dedicated to the Canaanite goddess Asherah) as worshiping false gods and idols.

In later times this same goddess was also called Astarte or Ishtar. Asherah was the wife of the god Baal, not the Hebrew God.

The Hebrew God never had a wife.

This has never been redacted from the Bible in any version.

I've also watched a documentary on this, but I have this link: www.infobarrel.com...

In the first paragraph of the article in the link you posted stated that the Hebrew God and the Muslim Allah are one and the same God.

This is entirely incorrect.

I would suspect that the article linked is an opinion piece and has little scholarly merit.

The only information I could find on the author of the article is that he is no longer a Private Investigator and has a fascination for Alistair Crowley, Witchcraft and Legends.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It's not my style to convert anyone either. I just happen to hold an opposing opinion to many on this thread is all. Where the original post proclaimed that the Bible, and God, were actually scientific, spiritual, moral, and beneficial for humans; and that it is just humans who misinterpret and do not fully understand, I hold the opposite belief. My own study of Biblical teachings, observation of Christian "love," and Christian morals have lead me to conclude that Christianity is not a good moral compass for any living person. What little Christianity can claim as good moral avenues, is borrowed from other religions, or constitutes simple humanitarian activities. Removing God, and the Bible leaves us no less moral, or scientifically sound. My belief is that removing God and the Bible actually gives us stronger morals, and a better grasp of scientific mechanics.

reply to post by Demigodly

The second video you linked does certainly present more scientific findings than the original. I don't have the background in archaeology, or geology to confirm or deny the statements you've made. For sure there is something which was discovered. Whether it is Sodom and Gomorrah, or just a burned Babylonian city I cannot say. The sheer amount of criticism from both Christians, and the scientific community at large makes me skeptical though. When the people who's claim you're trying to prove say they don't accept your findings, red flags go up for me.

I do want to point out, however, that there are 6 volcanoes located in Syria. Three of which have erupted within the past 3000 years. By Biblical account, it's not impossible for volcanic activity to have been responsible for the destruction of the supposed village. Sodom and Gomorrah's destruction may have simply been Jewish people taking claim for a natural disaster. Again though, I don't have the appropriate background in volcanic study to say so myself. Just thought I would point that out.

I cannot stress enough though, the importance of remembering that Christians and archaeologists alike discredit Ron Wyatt, and his discoveries.

reply to post by Starchild23

Do you think that living by Biblical commandments, honoring Yahweh, and obeying all of the laws and practices of the Bible is a good, moral, spiritually and scientifically sound way to live your life?

Do you think the God of the Bible is all-knowing, all-powerful, and all-loving even though he murdered the entire contents of a planet, for faults he allowed to develop within the species he populated it with?

To believe that an egotistical tyrant, who dolls out infinite punishment for finite crimes such as not worshiping him, yet eternally rewards the murder of non-believers, is the right God; is irrational to me.

You might not be irrational, but the belief that the Bible is a good guide to live by, that certainly is in my book.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

It's not my style to convert anyone either. I just happen to hold an opposing opinion to many on this thread is all. Where the original post proclaimed that the Bible, and God, were actually scientific, spiritual, moral, and beneficial for humans; and that it is just humans who misinterpret and do not fully understand, I hold the opposite belief. My own study of Biblical teachings, observation of Christian "love," and Christian morals have lead me to conclude that Christianity is not a good moral compass for any living person. What little Christianity can claim as good moral avenues, is borrowed from other religions, or constitutes simple humanitarian activities. Removing God, and the Bible leaves us no less moral, or scientifically sound. My belief is that removing God and the Bible actually gives us stronger morals, and a better grasp of scientific mechanics

Alright lets keep the idea in mind that no one is trying to convert anyone here... In your bibical studies did you happen to come across a guy named Jesus? Now im not Christian myself, but his words are beautiful... dare i say flawless... And they do not agree with much of what is said within said book...

God is not in the bible, but a man that knew God personally is... Using his words as a guide line will show you truth in all scripture, even outside the bible... You'll find that he lines up with much of what is written about the so called "spiritual masters" such as Buddha & Krishna...

Don't discount Jesus my friend... I believe that is an error on anyones part...

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Matt 5:17- "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them"

Jesus fulfilled the entire concept of the OT with his death and resurrection. The OT laws were still in effect while Jesus was ministering. It was only after his death and resurrection (coincidentally celebrated tomorrow) that the OT passed away and now serves as a reference point for information and history regarding the predicted Messiah. We use the OT to show us why we know Jesus is God. It is the proof.

SInce you know so much about the Bible (as you claim) you should know that Matthew is almost exclusively concerned with referencing the OT to lead us to the knowledge of Jesus as God.

I appreciate your debate with me on this as it airs out many misconceptions about the Bible and Jesus.

SO you can put down the Laws of Moses (such as your Leviticus referenence).

I don't claim to know what makes people homosexuals...but I also am not fit to exclude ANYBODY from the love of Jesus. If you are gay, come to Jesus and He will love you. You will know REAL peace and prosperity like you couldn't have imagined. Thats how great His love is. It doesn't make sense, we can't earn it and we don't deserve it...but His grace is given freely. All sinners are saved through the blood of Jesus. His sacrifice was enough.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by starheart
reply to post by jiggerj

The next religion is not Muslims, cause they are getting banned. My guess is that they will either present us with an alien deity, or a ''God'' that will truly cut our freedom. Any which way, its bad, and no matter how much Christianism may had have flaws, i'll take it more than the two other solutions.

LOL, They are getting banned? Not in the United States they aren't, and I may not be a Muslim, but if the United States tries to ban them from being here, I will do EVERYTHING, and I do mean EVERYTHING in my power to stop that from happening.

Why would you do that? Would you defend the KKK? Communism? Why would you defend a religion that treats cattle better than women and children? It's only in the last hundred years that we've crawled out of that ignorance and I don't want to slip back into it.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NaptownBrown
reply to post by jiggerj

All sinners are saved through the blood of Jesus. His sacrifice was enough.

Well, after watching 'Bloodline' I think your Jesus was an average Joe that married Mary Magdeline and moved to France, where their bloodline is alive and well, and protected.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Isn't the theme of the "Bible isn't Stupid, We are" just the expression of the term Beast in a different way. Beasts are stupid, they can't grasp higher thought. There is really no need for a church for Beasts that can't process higher concepts.

Beasts are all that is left after the millinea long drift from the concepts of Jesus as expressed in the 7 churches theme of Revelation. The Beasts just go eat at a Dead Church----a mindless church.

Most that know the vogue of Moses was still to personify god, as the polytheists always had done, but Moses got it down to just one God that represented all the others, and that became the Monotheism concept. Technically, Mohammad drew from that same One God concept and Islam uses the same God concept with Allah.

The "I am that I am" is the same God as Allah, and just as no icon could be used by Moses to represent God, as close the as Islam folks could get was to worship the East or the signs of rising Sun and the concepts of the universe's creator for which no one can well define except in nature itself.

Those that try to make Jesus as god tell great lies, and this is something that neither Judaic beliefs nor the Islamic would accept. Such is the corruption of the churches per the Revelations 7-church theme were the churches become dead and filled with the Beasts that are dumb and mindless.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MagnumOpus

Those that try to make Jesu]s as god tell great lies

Not entirely true...

Those that preach Jesus have a base of truth...

They assume he said something he did not....

No lie came from that man's mouth according to scripture...

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal

reply to post by SeventhSeal

No, not the crusades, the real believers in Bible. Crusades were misunderstanding of the Bible by greedy and power-stirved people. Bible never said that we had to control the world on His name, greedy people did. Go in a real monastery, and ask the monks there if they want to control the world.
Even Jesus said no, when Satan tempted him.

Jesus never existed.
Satan is part of ancient mythology.

Let's cut the BS, k?

I'm watching an AWESOME documentary right now that disputes your belief that Jesus never existed. Don't know if you've ever heard of the documentary called 'Bloodline', but I'll post the link anyway.

topdocumentaryfilms.com... atch+Free+Documentaries+Online%29

Though I have no background or business declaring this information to be true, I still find it fascinating. The show is searching, and finding incredible clues that Jesus WAS crucified, but didn't die. He died 22 days later. Supposedly, Mary Magdeline helped Jesus (her husand) slip away, and though it is unclear whether Jesus died on the way or not, he and Mary moved to France. I might add, a very PREGNANT Mary Magdeline.

There is one thing I greatly fear. What if evidence did come to light that jesus was not the son of god, and I mean evidence so powerful and compelling that even the jesus fanatics couldn't deny it. What would happen? My guess is that sheep will always need a leader, so the christians would find another god and another religion to cling to. If that religion is Muslim, then I fear we freethinkers are all doomed.

I wrote this post before my skepticism peaked. Just checked on this documentary (Bloodline) and discovered it to be a complete and deliberate hoax. Really, religious and ufo hoaxters should face serious prison time. When any new discovery comes up no one will believe them because we are so jaded by the liars of this world.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Well, after watching 'Bloodline' I think your Jesus was an average Joe that married Mary Magdeline and moved to France, where their bloodline is alive and well, and protected.

Yeshua did not go to France. He traveled to India after "resurrection" where there is more documentation of His life there than there is any evidence of him in the Gospels. St. Miriam did go to Southern France where Saint Sarah was born and the bloodline continued. This is not some "Divinci Code" story, it is documented fact. I am a member of the Merovingian bloodline - one of less than 800 people in the world with documentation tracing my genealogy to Elizabeth de Aquataine and King Merovech and from there the historical records to St. Sarah and Yeshua. There are many many more in Southern Spain. It's not surprising that the bloodline went to Charlamagne and includes Alexander the Great - all documented and historical fact. Anyone who doesn't believe that to be true should use the same questions to question their beliefs of the bible. Again, it's no huge "secret" or conspiracy. Just genealogical fact. Just because it's not included in the "bible" doesn't mean it didn't happen like so many think.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I see that it is impossible to reason with brain-wash people.
There is the most believable reference for my claims. I have at least 20 others. But i know that whatever i show you, you still won't believe me.
educate-yourself.org...
I hope you a good day.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Yes, the Zionists claims that one of their 13 bloodlines come directly from Jesus, which is a claim that will give them power to control us if it is accepted by the Vatican.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Lets be correct and say that the god of Islam, Allah, is most certainly not God. Having read a Quran, I can assure you of that.

Mohammed, drawing upon his experiences growing up in Mecca (a Jewish and Christian neighborhood at the time), attempted to use the Jewish Torah (The Christian Old Testament) and the Christian Bible as his outline for the Quran.

However, if the Quran is the infallible word of God...why all of the basic errors. Like, for instance, the Quran says that the Holy Trinity for the 'People of the Book' is God the Father, Jesus....and Mary? Yea, thats not the Holy Trinity of Christian belief.

Just to be clear, Jews and Christians address the one true God...albeit the Jews only address God the Father (until The Second Coming). Muslims, well, I most assuredly am not fit to make any judgments upon them...but I am certain that the god in their holy book is nothing of the sort.

posted on Apr, 8 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Satan is the father of all lies. So why cling to the things of this world that only disappoint and deceive you. Even the very evidence you wanted to use against Jesus was fabricated...as are many of the things you 'hear' about Jesus.

There is so much time spent trying to discredit Jesus as 'God became flesh' that you must ask, 'Why are they trying so hard to smear Him, who simply brings peace and fullness of joy?' Why would people go so far as to make up lies to prevent you from finding true peace and prosperity? Because they want you to feel hopeless about everything. Thats how they control you and steal your freedom...they need you to be apathetic towards it all. TPTB know that power of the Lord. They have known since they put Him to death. They feared his coming. Because everyday people are turning from the ways of the world (lies, sadness, defeat) and living with peace of mind instead of the prescribed madness of this world.

The way of the Lord is peace and fullness of joy. You will encounter no lies from our Heavenly Father.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

Satan is the father of all lies. So why cling to the things of this world that only disappoint and deceive you. Even the very evidence you wanted to use against Jesus was fabricated...as are many of the things you 'hear' about Jesus.

There is so much time spent trying to discredit Jesus as 'God became flesh' that you must ask, 'Why are they trying so hard to smear Him, who simply brings peace and fullness of joy?' Why would people go so far as to make up lies to prevent you from finding true peace and prosperity? Because they want you to feel hopeless about everything. Thats how they control you and steal your freedom...they need you to be apathetic towards it all. TPTB know that power of the Lord. They have known since they put Him to death. They feared his coming. Because everyday people are turning from the ways of the world (lies, sadness, defeat) and living with peace of mind instead of the prescribed madness of this world.

The way of the Lord is peace and fullness of joy. You will encounter no lies from our Heavenly Father.

You offer absolutely no prove except that which you have been taught to parrot.

If you seek to convince us, then prove your case. And please don't give us more of the parroting, or "you have to have faith" nonsense.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Lets be correct and say that the god of Islam, Allah, is most certainly not God. Having read a Quran, I can assure you of that.

The God is the same. The worship is different. It is not your place to dictate to whom someone is praying. You can't just pull a 2nd grade and say "Nu-Uh!!!" If someone says they are praying to the Christian God and then proceeds to murder every single person in his town, he was still praying to the Christian God. Your God doesn't have to agree with what he is doing (I don't think it matters, as I think God is a farce), but it doesn't change the fact that Muslims believe your Gods are the same.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

There is the most believable reference for my claims. I have at least 20 others. But i know that whatever i show you, you still won't believe me.
educate-yourself.org...
I hope you a good day.

I find it pointedly hilarious that you have chosen to educate us with a 404 Page.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

educate-yourself.org...
I hope you a good day.

I find it pointedly hilarious that you have chosen to educate us with a 404 Page.

Actually, there are plenty of links on that site that work.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleSun

reply to post by jiggerj

Yeshua did not go to France. He traveled to India after "resurrection" where there is more documentation of His life there than there is any evidence of him in the Gospels. St. Miriam did go to Southern France where Saint Sarah was born and the bloodline continued. This is not some "Divinci Code" story, it is documented fact. I am a member of the Merovingian bloodline - one of less than 800 people in the world with documentation tracing my genealogy to Elizabeth de Aquataine and King Merovech and from there the historical records to St. Sarah and Yeshua. There are many many more in Southern Spain. It's not surprising that the bloodline went to Charlamagne and includes Alexander the Great - all documented and historical fact. Anyone who doesn't believe that to be true should use the same questions to question their beliefs of the bible. Again, it's no huge "secret" or conspiracy. Just genealogical fact. Just because it's not included in the "bible" doesn't mean it didn't happen like so many think.

So...you're telling us that you are a descendant of Jesus Christ, the supposed "Living God"?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

Here is my proof: Thousands of years of ancient Hebrew prophecy regarding the Messiah fulfilled exactly as had been predicted. Thousands of years before Jesus arrival, ancient Hebrew texts describe him.

Not convinced enough? Ok, there is plenty more.

Jesus Christ DIED and was DEAD for three days. And then rose from His tomb and appeared to hundreds of people, whose testimonies are recorded in The Bible. He sat down and ate a meal with some of them. Not just one person saw Him, but many. You don't believe it because it is recorded in a book (as opposed to documented on film)...yet, you accept the history of many other things based solely on what you've read. You believe them as fact because of the testimonies of others.

Here is an example: If I beat Tiger Woods in golf, but nobody saw me do it...the story would quickly fade away. But if I beat Tiger Woods in golf and 100 people saw me do it....then the stroy would get legs. People would write about it. People would record the occasion.

Hundreds of people saw the resurrected Christ. If that is not proof to you, than you are simply refusing to believe.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join