It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible Isn't Stupid, We Are

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NaptownBrown
reply to post by Starchild23

Here is my proof: Thousands of years of ancient Hebrew prophecy regarding the Messiah fulfilled exactly as had been predicted. Thousands of years before Jesus arrival, ancient Hebrew texts describe him.

Not convinced enough? Ok, there is plenty more.

Jesus Christ DIED and was DEAD for three days. And then rose from His tomb and appeared to hundreds of people, whose testimonies are recorded in The Bible. He sat down and ate a meal with some of them. Not just one person saw Him, but many. You don't believe it because it is recorded in a book (as opposed to documented on film)...yet, you accept the history of many other things based solely on what you've read. You believe them as fact because of the testimonies of others.

Here is an example: If I beat Tiger Woods in golf, but nobody saw me do it...the story would quickly fade away. But if I beat Tiger Woods in golf and 100 people saw me do it....then the stroy would get legs. People would write about it. People would record the occasion.

Hundreds of people saw the resurrected Christ. If that is not proof to you, than you are simply refusing to believe.

And every single piece of proof you have of this was not only written by second hand accounts, but also 300 years after the fact. It is illogical to assume that nothing changes over that time.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

If they want to worship the verifible True God, than they can open a Bible (well, the ones that live in free countries can open a Bible). My time in Saudi Arabia tells me that a good portion of people over there want to know more about Jesus, but their oppresive families (coupled with strict Sharia Law) make it nearly impossible for them to even explore becoming a Disciple of Jesus.

What I'm saying is that even alot of Muslims know that the God of the The Bible is the True God and that the Quran is simply a Frankenstein of Jewish and Christian texts mixed with sorcery and demonic influence.

Here is a fun fact for you: Muhammad, after he had his visions, thought them to be demonic visions. He told his wife they were demonic. But his wife was the one with the money and power...and she convinced him that his revelation was divine and that he was a prophet. Then she funded his wars against the Bedouin tribes...which lead to forced conversions to his religion.

Do your homework.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NaptownBrown

So basically, Muhammad was married to a bloodthirsty woman willing to kill for influence over the nation.

Sounds pretty American to me.
edit on CMondaypm040442f42America/Chicago09 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

All four Gospels (the portions of The Bible regarding Jesus' life on Earth) were written within the century of Christ's existence.

In fact, we can conclude that they were written before the destruction of the Temple in 70 AD, since Jesus predicted this would happen, but there is no mention of it in the Gospels.

If we take the names of the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) on face value alone, two of these accounts would have been eyewitnesses (Matt and John).

Now I understand that some people claim that Matthew, Mark LUke and JOhn were not really the authors. If that were the case, then we don't know who wrote the gospels but they certainly appear to be written by people with a first hand knowledge of the events of Jesus life.

I believe that those four men did write the gospels. Here is why: Luke unquestionably wrote his, as the language and grammar used is clearly eminating from an educated person, of which Luke was.

Matthew is the choppiest, but also gives us the most insight into the OT prophecies. It is written as though somebody was traveling with Jesus and recording all of the Messiah-proofs via OT reference.

John clearly is the most unique which is not a coincidence since John is referred to as the Disciple that Jesus loved AKA His closest Disciple. And thus, John has information in this Gospel that would reflect his being somebody exclusively close to Jesus.

Mark is the only one that I cannot pinpoint as being written by Mark, but based on the three others, I can extrapolate that Mark was the author.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

If they want to worship the verifible True God,

If they want to worship the verifiable True God [VERY sic], they can worship him in whatever way they please. Do you not think Jews see Christians as misguidedly bastardizing THEIR faith?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Mary Magdelene was his closest disciple.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Based on what? A movie you saw?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

The majority of those people are forced to worship Allah in their country or they will be killed. So They do not 'worship him as they please'.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Based on what? A movie you saw?

Based on how he treated her. Based on how Jewish men are virtually forbidden from being single. Based on how he was called a "rabbi", and rabbis (by definition) have wives.

Also, based on the fact that he asked her to continue the church for him. Unfortunately, Peter is a jealous fraud.
edit on CMondaypm090945f45America/Chicago09 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Mary Magdelene was his closest disciple.

and possibly his greatest... I can't wait till we get our hands on those missing pages...

I believe Mary can see Jesus' spirit...

edit on 9-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

The majority of those people are forced to worship Allah in their country or they will be killed. So They do not 'worship him as they please'.

I wonder what they do with left handed people in Islam

are they allowed to live even? I slam has to have this discrimination and is probably very much unchanged as their language.

I don't know much about Islam either cept the terrible images coming out of it, peaceful or not one of its followers are restrain themselves living in a christian country, even if they seem docile they have a different thought patterns going on up there where you are amongst them and working with them ect.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

reply to post by Furbs

I wonder what they do with left handed people in Islam

are they allowed to live even? I slam has to have this discrimination and is probably very much unchanged as their language.

I don't know much about Islam either cept the terrible images coming out of it, peaceful or not one of its followers are restrain themselves living in a christian country, even if they seem docile they have a different thought patterns going on up there where you are amongst them and working with them ect.

I watched a video on Islam not too long ago.

The evidence I witnessed in this very accurate video suggests to me that you haven't a clue what you're talking about. Try living there, instead of Googling it.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

The evidence I witnessed in this very accurate video suggests to me that you haven't a clue what you're talking about. Try living there, instead of Googling it.

I don't have to live there... I am an American traveler, they come here, (the ok ones I guess)

a Sunni Muslim I dated and a Ethiopian lady also told me they are rare or something in those two cultures. But Coptic is Christian and alot of people in Islam's own culture do not like Sunni.

both those GF's thought I was special

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I don't have to live there... I am an American traveler, they come here, (the ok ones I guess)

a Sunni Muslim I dated and a Ethiopian lady also told me they are rare or something in those two cultures. But Coptic is Christian and alot of people in their own culture do not like Sunni

Try asking the ones that didn't leave.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

the ones who are still blind have not come here or are scared to death of their man god husbands... I have already had to pick one of my ex's up from her husband beating her because she stayed out dancing with her friends. She was arranged to that marriage but I was still the one to take her to her sisters home a totally broken woman from when we were in our forest.

I told her she has rights here and to call the police on his... she was totally scared for her life said she didn't have a green card, she didn't exist here to our police and government.

gotta love that Islam giving their women liberty!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
should read literally... I slam my wife!!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

the ones who are still blind have not come here or are scared to death of their man god husbands... I have already had to pick one of my ex's up from her husband beating her because she stayed out dancing with her friends. She was arranged to that marriage but I was still the one to take her to her sisters home a totally broken woman from when we were in our forest.

I told her she has rights here and to call the police on his... she was totally scared for her life said she didn't have a green card, she didn't exist here to our police and government.

gotta love that Islam giving their women liberty!

So you're going to base an entire faith off of one incident?

This is beside the point. We are discussing the validity of the Bible, and the accuracy of our interpretations.

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

no I have dated into alot of cultures... even a Jewish barista at the local Starbucks, her family did not like my last name (I was a bit younger then 2002) all over in her home even on the edges of the table cloth there was the star of david. She had to hide me from her family after they learned of my namesake.

what's that all about?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

the validity of the Bible is Jesus' disciple Mary and his protection of the woman in the market place who was going to be stoned... this seems to be an American thing? women worldwide are still suppressed, even here via wages and a few other issues.

I am big on women's rights and I am a man... go figure... must be because of what I have seen?

posted on Apr, 9 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

no I have dated into alot of cultures... even a Jewish barista at the local Starbucks, her family did not like my last name (I was a bit younger then 2002) all over in her home even on the edges of the table cloth there was the star of david. She had to hide me from her family after they learned of my namesake.

what's that all about?

Old Judaic traditions.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join