It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Titanic was the Olympic.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlutterByte

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

Originally posted by FlutterByte
Oh shock horror.
Just imagine how different the history of civilatization as we know it would have played out if a large ship called the Olympic had sunk after striking an iceberg.
OMG, they would have had to change the name of that movie with Leo.

Get a grip.

What's your point?

The name of the ship is irrelevant - it does not change the fact that it sank and people died. If you say it was an insurance scam, do you really think the Olympic was not insured?

You are missing the entire point.

The Olympic was going to cost so much to repair that it was easier to pull an insurance scam- hence they were swapped and at some point, it was decided to get a few key enemies, such as Lord Astor on board to kill two boirds with one stone.

It's important because Morgan was invloved, his legacy and business is still pulling strings around the world today- it helps show that 'respected', wealthy people can be evil. Too many people say 9/11 couldn't have been an inside job because they'd never kill their own people etc, but stories like this show highlight that there are people out there in postions of extreme power that do not think twice about other people's lives.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Why does everything have to be a conspiracy?

Maybe the ship just hit an iceberg and sank... anybody ever think of that?
Accidents happen. True, some bad decisions were made, they were travelling too fast and the ship wasn't turned in time to avoid hitting the iceberg but I think to suggest that the ship hit it deliberately is just nonsense.

The suggestion that it was the Olympic is frankly laughable. Do people now really think that people back then were stupid? Because every person that is saying that a switch was made is saying just that!

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cahlmac

People back then were stupid because they didn't realize that a vessel that was practically identical to it's sister were switched in name? Would you notice if someone changed your flight number with another jet? I have no idea where you come off saying that the discussion of such an event is absurd.

There are some simple facts here which are highly suspect.

If you look at the role Ismay played, if you look at the extreme amount of money they stood to lose if they didn't switch the two, you can clearly see something strange forming.

The real questions here is this, did they intend for the ship to be rescued and simply reap the insurance money? Or did they orchestrate it so that only a small segment of the ship would live?

edit on 15-4-2012 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
reply to post by cahlmac

People back then were stupid because they didn't realize that a vessel that was practically identical to it's sister were switched in name? Would you notice if someone changed your flight number with another jet?

No I wouldn't notice... why would I?
How many jets are in operation right now?

Back in 1912 these were the two biggest ships in the world.

Think about it!
edit on 15-4-2012 by cahlmac because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
What an amazing thread!

Maybe the ship just hit an iceberg and sank... anybody ever think of that?

If you'd watch the video you'd hear the parts where they said icebergs should have been visible from 6 miles, and also that ships never sink from hitting icebergs (normally).

The whole investigation whitewash segment reminds me of what I've heard about the Kennedy investigation.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Another thing, many of the trades men invovled in doing a refit. Would have been Prodestant workers. The heavy work would have been done by Catholic workers. Mostly poor and uneducated at that point. So being prodestants, they could have kept it to them selves. Specially if was anything to do with masons or the other orders there in Ireland.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328

If you'd watch the video you'd hear the parts where they said icebergs should have been visible from 6 miles, and also that ships never sink from hitting icebergs (normally).

'Normally'

Is that not a bit of a contradictory statement above?

MS Explorer. One such example.
edit on 16-4-2012 by cahlmac because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by cahlmac

Because too much profit was to be made by eliminating the ship and the key passengers on it.
If it was not planned JP Morgan and the rest of the future federal reserve cabaal would have been on it but they had been warned.
When in doubt think the worst about people in power and you will usually be right.

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by cahlmac

MS Explorer was cursed to doom from the date it was given the name. They should have just called it The Blue Screen Of Death and been done with it.
edit on 17-4-2012 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TephraOr did they orchestrate it so that only a small segment of the ship would live?

It was orchestrated and the survivors were cherry picked. Don't fall for the 'women and children' first. A first class man (Unless you were a threat to the federal reserve to be- then you were toast) had a better chance of surviving than a steerage woman or child...

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by VforVendettea

Yeah,.. you should have just left it at your first comment above...

Anyway...................................

posted on May, 1 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Now what's kinda weird.......since this thread started there has been an absolute orgy of Titanic programing on the tube, even the Cameron guy's footage from more recent trips, but....... they seem to put great effort into NOT showing the name area !?

Sure I could have missed it, but I did make an effort to watch the newer stuff...even 'dvr-ed' the one with Cameron and the one with Ballard.....every time, at the moment when the name area would just be a frame or so away, they'd cut to a different shot! Was that just my imagination?

Any of you tech-savvy types got any stills from some of the recent programming that's been on?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

Back on the 5th page of this thread, I posted screen shots showing T-I-T-A-N-I-C.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by frayed1

i have not actually noted that - but based on my experiences of this and other conspiracy fantasies - any images or video from cameron etal which showed teatires identifing the wreck as titanic would be denounced as fraud / CGI / photoshop by hoax believers

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join