It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Titanic was the Olympic.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
three opponents to the federal reserve act were on board. All three drowned. John Jacob Astor IV, Benjamin Guggenheim, and Isador Strauss

The titanic sank on the 15th April 1912

In 1913 the federal reserve act was made into law.

This made it necessary for US citizens to pay income tax (the interest on the loans)

The deadline to US tax returns is the 15th April

The sinking of the Titanic was an insurance scam. The switch was made in Belfast docks. Under-water video of the sunken vessel in the Atlantic proves the name plate now shows the letters "M" and "P". The letters of "Titanic" "A" and "N", previously affixed over them, have dropped off.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by repeatoffender

i've suspected this for many years now. an insurance scam and chatter that there was damage to the olympic before the name change.
cannot watch the clips, however the meat you offer rings a bell.
f.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

the titanic was underinsured - a pretty poor " insurance scam "

CX

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
An interesting and much discussed before conspiracy this one.....a good book on the subject is "Titanic...the ship that never sank."

CX.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

I'm not sure what to make of this.

I, as well as I'm sure many others, would be quite interested to see some sources linking photos to the letters "M" and "P you are claiming were covered up with other letters that have since supposedly fallen off.
If such is shown in one of these videos, it'd be proper nice and accommodating were you to point out which one, and where about on the tick such can be found as opposed to having to sit through how many hours(?) of something many of us may currently be only marginally interested in.

Such highlights and smoking gun type bullet points could very well set the hook on this bit of bait you've laid out. However, if the hook has no meat, some of us aint biting.

edit on 5-4-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
given that the ships were in the dock together while the titanic was getting its final fit and the olympic for some repairs it was probably a slight of hand to just swap the names around and get the olympic back into service quicker by painting over the names/id numbers, while it sounds silly that so many workers would not notice the change in name i wonder how many ever looked at the ship names except recruits on their first day as it would probably goto ship on dock 4 and do what it is that you have to do

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Its definately an interesting theory, and I always did find it strange how John Astor (one of the richest men back then) died.
Here is a video of Mr Gugenheim and Mr Astor. Mr Gugenheim is the first man in the video where he says "We're dressed in our best and we're prepared to go down like gentlemen".
You see Mr Astor at around 50 sec, and later at 1.15, but I don't think in real life that was how he died. Reports show he was actually crushed by one of the pipes.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Not exactly an insurance scam , more likely just to kill the people mentioned. They made a lot more money from the fed scam.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I guess I will watch the videos but if it is a waste of time I will surely be back in this thread to let everyone know.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix

I, as well as I'm sure many others, would be quite interested to see some sources linking photos to the letters "M" and "P you are claiming were covered up with other letters that have since supposedly fallen off.
If such is shown in one of these videos, it'd be proper nice and accommodating were you to point out which one, and where about on the tick such can be found as opposed to having to sit through how many hours(?) of something many of us may currently be only marginally interested in.

Such highlights and smoking gun type bullet points could very well set the hook on this bit of bait you've laid out. However, if the hook has no meat, some of us aint biting.

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I guess everyone here is already familiar with the 1898 book Futility, or the Wreck of the Titan, by Morgan Robertson.

If you are not familiar, please check Wikipedia:

en.wikipedia.org...

The sinking of the Titanic was the "911" of the early 20th century, in terms of "shock and awe".

And just like 911, it was "predicted" in fiction...

The "coincidences" between the 1898 book and the real sinking 14 years later are ASTONISHING.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The video was actually very interesting. It is a good digest of this conspiracy but doesn't really mention the setup of those opposing the Federal Reserve riding on the ship.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by repeatoffender

Originally posted by nineix

hmmmm.
Looks like "M".
edit on 5-4-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

the titanic was underinsured - a pretty poor " insurance scam "

One of the videos said.....titanic was built for 10 million, Lloyds of London paid out 12 million at the end.

The wrecked Olympic was the one that could not be insured for the full amount.

Had not heard this one before.....and I thought I followed the Titanic 'stories' !! I recall watching the tv coverage when the first pictures of the wreck were shown!

Those letters look really damning.........if that footage (in the 5th vid., I believe ) stands up to scrutiny, or if some more footage exists of that part of the ship......another source showing that same area ?

(Didn't the 'deep diving' Cameron guy recently go to the Titanic site?)

Thanks for posting this, S&F

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This is a fascinating story, and I have only had a very short time to do any reading on it (I run a bookshop).
However, I did come across this link, which, in the last paragraph particularly, seems to cloud the water as it were.

Let me know what you think, I am quite new to this or any similar site, but find the discussions right up my street!

Anyhow, enjoy.
library.thinkquest.org...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Best i could do with my limited PS knowledge.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I don't buy this. Thousands of men working in the shipyard would have known.

Blatant BS.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Yes Frayed1, he did, his report is quite lengthy, very detailed.

marconigraph.com...

It uses pictures from the Olympic in place of Titanic for illustrative purposes where stated.
Not sure it uncovers anything, and has been out there for some time.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The most interesting theory in this post was that the wreck of whichever ship that actually went down was in part used to wipe out many of the influential people at the time who might have been opposed to the Federal Reserve being formed.

This part bears some further research.

Not sure about the whole Olympic vs. Titanic thing though, but definitely "on board" (pun intended) with the whole "let's wipe out the richest men of the time in one foul swoop" theory.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
I don't buy this. Thousands of men working in the shipyard would have known.

Blatant BS.

just like hundreds of people that could have been involved in a 9/11 conspiracy would have knowledge but dont leak anything, where are they?, or the JFK assination where are they?, or the Iran contra conspiracy or countless others. fact is if whistle blowers are not protected then why leak info, you really think 100 years ago an irish guy with 10 kids is going to have any incentive to leak info, and even if rumours circled they would have died off. an ideal place to look would be ireland itself for stories of this kind

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join