It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons why I believe the sun is more luminous and why it matters to you

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Perhaps the reason you can't look at the sun like you used to is because....dun dun dun...you're older and your eyes have become more sensitive to such a light source.

Doesn't mean something is NOT up with the sun, but let's not throw out all possible and logical options to this theory.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The average sun light measurement as far as photography is concerned is always taught as being 5,600k. When used to process photographs this creates a white balance that shows skin tones as correct if capturing outdoor portraits in a sunny environment. For over 20 years through film and digital this measurement has served me well. Since the middle 90s the spectrum has slowly changed and almost every shot needs to be post-processed to ensure a correct white balance. The fact is natural light is now magenta based, is cooler, less yellow and to eye is more "White".

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

reply to post by theabsolutetruth

That has to do with all of the nice golden brown tans you got as a child. Sun damage is cumulative. You damaged your skin as a child, and now you are reaping what you have sown.

I didn't burn as a child just got naturally golden, and this shouldn't mean burning as an adult.

"Naturally Golden" is sun damage. Do some research.

my skin has natural olive tones and wasn't over exposed to sun, just got naturally more golden more easily.

Even incidental sun exposure can lead to skin damage. But, you don't have to take my word for it.

Tung R, Vidimos A.Melanoma. In: Carey WD, ed. Cleveland Clinic: Current Clinical Medicine 2010. 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Pa: Saunders Elsevier; 2010:section 3.

Google it and see what you find.

thanks, I am intelligent and I do know about these things, and even with such knowledge, I believe the increased sensitivity isn't caused by previous sun exposure.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by seentoomuch

The instruments used to calculate luminosity are within the atmosphere. They experience the same atmosphere we do, so changes in the atmosphere are factored into the readings.

As evidenced by young and old the instruments are incorrect. I asked my son again today and he remembered the sun as being yellow when he was a child. A lot of people remember it. Instead of saying we are all blinded by the light, lol, just admit that sometimes the textbooks and instruments are wrong. Probably software trying to see luminosity and the base calculation being a off by a mile.

STM

The plural of anecdote is not data. It matters little how many people come to this thread and tell me that chicken nuggets are raining from the sky, if no one has a chicken nugget to show for it, then the stories are merely that.

No one can offer any physical evidence of what they are claiming. The instruments you are using to calculate the luminosity and color of the sun are not set to the same calibration that they were when you were younger. There are thousands and thousands of plot points of data being calculated daily. People that have have made it their life's work to study the sun, mind you, and all of these people are wrong because you think the sun was a different color when you were younger.

Now seriously consider what it is you are saying for a moment. Every piece of equipment, every single researcher, every plotted data point.. for over 100 years.. is erroneous? That is your claim. Yet, you have no evidence to back it up other than what feels right.

I would like to ask you a question. Which is more likely, that the eyes of people change as they age (which we know happens) or that the sun is changing so quickly and deeply that we are able to see it within our lifetime, while at the same time all of our instruments remain untouched?
edit on 5-4-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
The average sun light measurement as far as photography is concerned is always taught as being 5,600k. When used to process photographs this creates a white balance that shows skin tones as correct if capturing outdoor portraits in a sunny environment. For over 20 years through film and digital this measurement has served me well. Since the middle 90s the spectrum has slowly changed and almost every shot needs to be post-processed to ensure a correct white balance. The fact is natural light is now magenta based, is cooler, less yellow and to eye is more "White".

thank you for this information, I do a lot of photography and also have to correct white balance, though couldn't compare it to anything to justify it as a confirmation.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by shortsticks

I've never been a chemtrailtard until the middle of last year. It was then from a view across my valley and daily bus and train commute to work that I realised the skies over Yorkshire are FULL of trails.

Every ten minutes, a plane or two or three will be visible from my house on certain days, so that's a lot of planes!

I get to hear them from my attic studio because they fly low. The passenger jets don't leave long trails and are silent but they fly at 64,000ft and appear to linger compared to the lower, trailers. I get to see them because I have two large Velux windows that I sit under while I use the computer.

We get three types of day here now.
1. Days when planes can be seen at sunrise towards the east, overhead at midday and in the afternoon, westerly.
2. Days when we get flat dull overcast Stratus cloud which rarely brings rain. In winter, we had some rain but less than normal. The planes can sometimes be heard flying above this cloud.
3. Days when the sky is crystal clear, or with small amounts of cloud and no planes fly.

I see all this from two cities and the vehicles in between and I'm not the only one who's noticed.

We had a crystal clear day today and the early spring sunshine felt exceptionally hot on my face and chest.
Even though the early 10 degrees rise above the horizon, the sun's heat felt like the midday sun while the air temperature was below 10 degrees celcius. Yesterday, we had mega dark, fast moving clouds and inches of snow sweep down much of the country.

What a different a week makes: Now it's out with mild March. . . and in with Arctic April as snow falls from Scotland to Devon Parts of Scotland blanketed in up to 10 inches of snow while further south, temperatures still in double figures Met Office issues weather warnings for Wales and Midlands as Arctic front moves south Hundreds of spring lambs perish on North Yorkshire Moors amid snow storms and plummeting temperatures Up to 40 vehicles 'currently stranded' on impassable A68 at Tow Law, Country Durham after wind and heavy snow caused 4ft drifts Good news for skiers as some of Scotland's resort re-open Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

I haven't seen a cumulonimbus cloud in ages. We now have an official UK water drought.

If there is a "problem" with the sun, then I believe TPTB are already tackling, albeit unsuccessfully.

With hosepipe bans now in effect for 20 million people in south-east England and fish being rescued as rivers dry up, the worst drought since 1976 is hitting home.
From today's The Guardian Newspaper

BBC info on GeoEngineering Trials

This image is from the site above. Please note the system that is a "more effective" and "less expensive" way to reduce temperature

The sun is super white as soon as it comes up over the horizon. I remember yellow sun, orange sun, not white.

edit on 5/4/2012 by lostjohnny because: I added an addendum

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

My son is 30, old eyes, huh?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostjohnny

I've never been a chemtrailtard until the middle of last year. It was then from a view across my valley and daily bus and train commute to work that I realised the skies over Yorkshire are FULL of trails.

Every ten minutes, a plane or two or three will be visible from my house on certain days, so that's a lot of planes!

I get to hear them from my attic studio because they fly low. The passenger jets don't leave long trails and are silent but they fly at 64,000ft and appear to linger compared to the lower, trailers. I get to see them because I have two large Velux windows that I sit under while I use the computer.

We get three types of day here now.
1. Days when planes can be seen at sunrise towards the east, overhead at midday and in the afternoon, westerly.
2. Days when we get flat dull overcast Stratus cloud which rarely brings rain. In winter, we had some rain but less than normal. The planes can sometimes be heard flying above this cloud.
3. Days when the sky is crystal clear, or with small amounts of cloud and no planes fly.

I see all this from two cities and the vehicles in between and I'm not the only one who's noticed.

We had a crystal clear day today and the early spring sunshine felt exceptionally hot on my face and chest.
Even though the early 10 degrees rise above the horizon, the sun's heat felt like the midday sun while the air temperature was below 10 degrees celcius.

I haven't seen a cumulonimbus cloud in ages. We now have an official UK water drought.

If there is a "problem" with the sun, then I believe TPTB are already tackling, albeit unsuccessfully.

With hosepipe bans now in effect for 20 million people in south-east England and fish being rescued as rivers dry up, the worst drought since 1976 is hitting home.
From today's The Guardian Newspaper

BBC info on GeoEngineering Trials

This image is from the site above. Please note the system that is "more effective" and "less expensive"

edit on 5/4/2012 by lostjohnny because: I added an addendum

very similar chemtrail / cloud patterns here in the south of England, starting early in the east and moving west or just plain blanket cloud with no rain. The earth here is parched and cracking inches deep and hosepipe bans are in place.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
it really does seem BRIGHTER now...very hard to look at

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I'm in my early 50's, and I've also have taken notice on how bright the sun has been. I just mentioned this to my wife a few weeks ago and she agreed. Before you could take a quick glance at the sun and still see the outline of the sun. Now forget it, it's really quite difficult just to glance at it.

You may be on to something here. I hope you're wrong, but there's nothing else to do but wait and see.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Its humorous to see how many people agree with you.

I too have been around and have seen MANY suns rise and set, and guess what? Its always been bright I've always had to squint or wear sunglasses, and it has always hurt my eyes to look at it.

Its the god damned SUN! I have friends who have died from melanoma!

I apologize if I come off as cynical, but please remember the mind has a funny way of reminiscing on old times and making them either better, or different than they actually were.

I have also seen the sun appear blood red at times, have seen the moon change colors, and the whole shabang. But this is because of SCIENCE. Not because of some blue kachimga or whatever the hell that is.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I, too, noticed a change in the color and intensity of the sun beginning in the mid to late 90's. You are not crazy and it's not from staring at the sun, as I am not in the habit of looking directly into the sun. I am, however, very observant of things around me. Perhaps our thinning ozone has a role to play as well - with less atmosphere to penetrate, the sun looks whiter. Whatever that may portend for the earth, I have no idea. I simply take each day as it comes with gratitude and appreciation. Whatever will be, will be. I choose not to live my life in fear of the unknown, which may or may not happen. Namaste.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

thank you for this information, I do a lot of photography and also have to correct white balance, though couldn't compare it to anything to justify it as a confirmation.

A way of understanding the changes is to set a manual white balance temperature of 5,600k on your camera then take some raw shots in the morning, at noon, mid-afternoon and the "Golden hour" about an hour before sunset. All of your captures will be needing post processed and the processing will all be about removing a magenta cast to obtain a correct white balance. This is as scientific as it gets as your not just reading the bright noon sun you are reading the sun at all times of the day. Whether this gradual light change is based on sun change or atmospheric change I cant say....But it is a fact that the light has changed..

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

As stated several times now and evidently you just don't get it, I believe the atmosphere has changed, or the sun is emitting much more. And as for all the people making it their life work to get the correct calculations, well, I've heard that one before. They used to insist it was impossible for Mars to have water ice yet it was always obvious to me. I bet you didn't believe it either. You probably were stating that without vulcanization, etc, water ice could not be a part of it, that spectographs or whatever would have shown it, etc and yet NOW it is considered fact. I imagine soon we'll be hearing about some scientist that is getting a nobel prize for astro whatever for "discovering" that the sun has changed or that our atmosphere has. Probably some exotic particle that hasn't been in the equation. But all the while, we, the regular people already knew.

STM

edit on 4/5/2012 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

A way of understanding the changes is to set a manual white balance temperature of 5,600k on your camera then take some raw shots in the morning, at noon, mid-afternoon and the "Golden hour" about an hour before sunset. All of your captures will be needing post processed and the processing will all be about removing a magenta cast to obtain a correct white balance. This is as scientific as it gets as your not just reading the bright noon sun you are reading the sun at all times of the day. Whether this gradual light change is based on sun change or atmospheric change I cant say....But it is a fact that the light has changed..

thanks, I will give this a try. I also believe it has gotten less yellow, which does mean more magenta. I have some small windows on a door which beams light along the house mid afternoon and this light seen from a room with halogen lights looks almost pink / violet, which I guess is magenta.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
i think you guy's should just stop looking at the sun.
i can only speak for myself and i've not noticed anything, but then again i never look at the sun.

edit on 5-4-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gaurdian2012
crazy perhaps but your definately on to something I too am old enough to remember looking directly at the sun bright golden yellow circa 70's now the sun is blue white in appearance so something has changed infact my theory is the global warming is due to the sun not the amount of carbon we waste star and flag for stating the obvious

Both of you are forgetting that as we age, our eye do to. They can barley stand that kind of exposure when they young. The older the eyes get, the worse they get.

Don't look at the sun more than a second or two.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
i ve been ridding bikes for about 20 years now...
in the beginning i just could not ride the bike while wearing sunglasses... i had this silly theory that somehow sunglasses would affect the flow of the air and my eyes would get more tears...i found it just unneeded

right now on a moderately sunny day its just impossible for me to drive without sunglasses, i just cannot see clear enough, there is some sort of glance i just cannot take...

yeah i guess my eyesight has been damaged by pc screens and so on, but i find it so strange, the exact same activity and yet i simply cannot perform without the shades

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I knew I wasn't the only one who noticed the sun being whiter. When I was just a very young boy I was playing in the yard and seen a full eclipse of the sun. I had no idea what I had seen and when I ran in to show my mother it was completely gone. It really scared me when I seen it and it turns out that it was a vision I had in the yard as no eclipse had happened, what God was telling me I don't know but it has been imbedded in my memory for over 30 years now.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

And we had 6 inches of snow yesterday...

It was 23 degrees a couple of days before!

Loads of planes before the snow added to a big natural stream of cold air!

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join