It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MONSANTO Bill S510/HR2751 BANS Homegrown FOOD Makes Private, Backyard Fruit, Veggie Gardens ILLEGAL!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

under bill S510 which had *ALREADY* passed Senate (which survives as HR2751) in some shady, fishy turbo mode with flying colors, all-American traditions like eating an apple, pear or peach, or whatever from your backyard tree or propagating your own veggies, or sprouting granny's non-Monsanto heirloom seeds all ILLEGAL.

it makes giving away or selling or trading any of the above with anyone (ie, neighbors) equal to the federal offense of SMUGGLING punishable by fine and/or imprisonment (in addition to poisoning and death).

it also strictly prohibits transfer of approved, purchased food to a third party, so it makes it illegal to give a warm welcome to neighbors with a fruit basket or warm home baked cookies outside of your own residence, or to feed the homeless, all unless you have a resale/charity permit/license to do so.

. good grief, Monsanto!

"S510 PASSED: Food Safety Bill S510 was rushed trough the Senate
March 14, 2012

@ 1:30 "The connection to Monsanto"
*drum roll*

"S510 gives Monsanto unlimited power over all US seed, food supplements, food and exclusive rights over all US farming."
edit on 4-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
So its not a law until the president signs it right?

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Screw Monsanto. I'll do what I want with what I plant and grow......

I don't think the plant police are going to be in my neck of the woods anytime soon.

Des

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
How is this real? I'm speechless..

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Of course no one will see this on the MSM because the news is full of Political madness right now. So the question is what can we do about this.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Get a grip.

It'll never fly.

We all human piglets on the earthen trough - north america would go beserk if they couldnt stuff their faces.

Canadians would go insane.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
What the hell?

is monsanto trying to take over the world?

by far the most idiotic bill ive read

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
You're a bit out of date.
SB 510 passed the Senate in 2010.
The related HR 2751 became law on January 4, 2011.

Have you been having any trouble at your local Farmers' Market in the past year? I haven't.
edit on 4/4/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
LMAO those punks think they can stop you from growing your own food? Do they know how many armed Americans they will encounter?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
this whole this sounds fishy

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
So its not a law until the president signs it right?

Apparently cuz its Monsanto, they didnt need it?

Organic home growers are already being fined and summoned:

he's been growing for 15 years - so WHY NOW??

also i recently seen on TV its happening to lots of people in various states since last summer, who grow just a few veggies in their yard, they get fined and told by the city/zoning to replace their "crop" of 2 tomato plants with LAWN
but havent been able to find it hit YT or online yet except stories/summaries like on gardenweb....

basically officials drive by and if they can see veggies or fruits from the curb/front of your house - you are fined and summonsed!

this really has already gotten RIDICULOUS.....

Police State, Codex alimentarius mandate!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
You're a bit out of date.
SB 510 passed the Senate in 2010.
The related HR 2751 became law on January 4, 2011.

Have you been having any trouble at your local Farmers' Market in the past year? I haven't.

I have an annual booth at my rural farmer's market...no problems here. I dare say if anyone showed up trying to shut us down....well, let's just say it wouldn't be pretty....

Des,

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I would say that it is a very dangerous thing for the government to try to monopolize the food supply of a nation that still has the right to bear arms.

Its always controversial when the government tries to regulate certain human behaviors but food? Really? That is the one thing we depend on to exist and to tell us that we can't grow our own food and eat what we want? If this is truly the nature of this bill, then we have a rough road ahead of us if the US government feels the need to pass this sort of legislation.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ObjectiveEgalitarian

If this is truly the nature of this bill

It wasn't and it isn't. But of course it's much easier to watch a hysterical youtube video than to do any actual research.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by survival
Get a grip.

It'll never fly.

We all human piglets on the earthen trough - north america would go beserk if they couldnt stuff their faces.

Canadians would go insane.

If I had a buck for everything I said would never fly for the last 30 years I could retire... It may not fly right away but it will fly soon.

Bottom line for me is I will do what I please with growing food etc. They won't enforce this on people growing in thier backyard etc. they will use it to force seed growers and growers out of business who sell heirloom stuff to the public.

If they ever did enforce it and came to my house they would not take me quietly.... put it that way.
edit on 4-4-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Read between the lines - the 'surviving' bill that passed HR is redundant yet vague with lots of ambiguous terminologies - heck as if they have not had such agricultural protocols before until Jan 2011? lol BS - The fact that Senate fast-tracked PASSED Monsanto S510 and it could had passed HR is a prelude of whats brewing, as is recent organic farmer raids, fines, shutdowns, deaths, suicides...

if organic home growers like ourselves with as littles as 1-2 acres property are now only in recent years fined thousands of dollars for some rows of veggies or a mini orchard of our fave fruits - its outrageous.

www.govtrack.us...

Republicans & Democrats Collude To Pass Food Safety Bill!

U.S. Senate slapped the so-called Food Safety Modernization Act (S.510) as an amendment onto the "Consumer Assistance to Recycle and Save Act" (H.R.2751), passed it by unanimous consent, without a vote (because very few Senators were present during the late-night debate on the START Treaty), and sent it back to the House to be approved.

farmwars.info...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

That is why I stated "If that is truly the nature of the bill". I also agree with you that it would be easier to watch a video that may be emotionally charged as a means to persuade a certain viewpoint and to simply roll with that.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Here's the passed bill;www.opencongress.org.... Still looking through it, though. Monsanto should be curbed at every opportunity. Remember they are major donors with patents on the seeds in the Svalbard Seed Vault.
The "terminator seed" could be used for a global takeover of food grains in the future as well.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Clearskies because: of semicolons and stuff.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
So what is the "true nature" of the Bill??

Please share, plenty of space for it.

I don't thing there is a Reply limit in this thread, is there?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
If you have a problem demand a jury trial.
They will HATE the people even more when we clog this systems with their stupifying laws,
only to be able to easily promote jury nullification with things like home gardens.

Home gardens would be an easy way to educate the public on jury nullification.
They will try to keep the juries from realizing they can just find a guy innocent if they want to,
but how many people out there, even the baa baa's would convict for a home garden?

And if they try it, they'll find a lot of mess when they come and try to take away
my squash.

Thank you phage for pointing out that this is an old bill, and that a modified version has already passed.
It has cause some trouble though, and I must assume it is part of the laws targeting raw dairy producers.

At some point, they will push too far. I'm not sure what that point is, but when it is reached, all hell
will break loose.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join