It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was $12,000 A Restaurant Tip Or Drug Money?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
every restaurant ive worked at any money left on the table after customers leave and there bills paid is considered a tip no ifs ands or buts.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

I wish I could star this response more than once.

My friend and I were talking about the lottery the other day when the Mega Millions was so high and things we would do besides donate to charity and family. We both agreed we would ALWAYS tip $100 or more at restaurants, for the pizza guy, cab rides, you name it. People who work for tips are some of the hardest working people in this country, and it would be a nice way to say thank you. Maybe that's what happened in this case, and the moron called the police.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
she's a bit of a daft bint to goto the cops and hand over the money unless it was an IRS sting to test the honesty of the person or something like that but i'd imagine the local cops are looking forward to a nice christmas booze up/meal on the cheap this year

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Lesson learned.. When you find money keep it! It's sad you can't even do the "right thing' these days. Psh!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I'd rather turn the money in than find out that it was stolen/dirty. If the cops lie and betray their duty/promise, then while I may not get the benefit of the final sum, the proof would show them to be the negative in the world and not myself. Two wrongs do not make a right, so why join the guilty in their conduct? Does lowering yourself into useless rebellion really prove any other point than that it is easier to join the decay you hate than it is to manifest life? So to all who advocate hiding truth; You make yourself worse than those you scorn.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dasher
I'd rather turn the money in than find out that it was stolen/dirty. If the cops lie and betray their duty/promise, then while I may not get the benefit of the final sum, the proof would show them to be the negative in the world and not myself. Two wrongs do not make a right, so why join the guilty in their conduct? Does lowering yourself into useless rebellion really prove any other point than that it is easier to join the decay you hate than it is to manifest life? So to all who advocate hiding truth; You make yourself worse than those you scorn.

This is just nonsense. If you really took responsibility for everything that happens for everything you consume and use in your life, judging by this statement, you personally would probably go insane.

You won't take "dirty money" even if it was not explicitly stated that it was, and possible that it wasn't....

....but have you ever filled your car with gasoline where wars were fought and villages burned so the company that extracted the oil could get the original contract.

Ever worn shoes or clothes? Did you make sure child labor wasn't used in the manufacture...

Kind of a long list to pick from but these two should suffice....

edit on 5-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
Alot of confiscated money has been traced back (via serial #) to cops/detective pocketing it years later

so of course, its in their interest to accuse it of being DRUG money, so they can 'confiscate' it - for themselves.

Proof please.Show me reputable sources on this.Not some internet site that's anti-police.Thanks.

As for the op..that article tells you nothing.I'm guessing the customer who left that "tip" was dropping it off for a drug buy that someone other then the waitress was suppose to find.And if any of you believe it was left as a "tip" you're delusional.
edit on 5-4-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
she probably handed it in to the Police because she thought she could claim it back after 90 days.

This would cover her ass in case it was some mafia money and some unpleasant ppl will be looking for it like in those lame ass tv shows.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
ive got a tip for the lady...

STOP BREEDING, CLOSE YOUR LEGS

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Why did she call the police when she was given it as a tip? She should have said nothing?

£100,000 has just gone missing from a secure police compound in the UK, the police love to spend dirty money!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Evidently these officers haven't seen individual's from the Emirates and the amounts they leave in tips during summer at popular southern European hot spots.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Based on NO facts whatsoever, the cops just declare it to be "drug money" and giving themselves permission to steal it from her. She was a fool to try and be honest in this case.

Evidence? Yes there is evidence the money is tainted by drugs. At least seventy five percent of the money will test positive according to:

On the average, of every four bills in circulation in Los Angeles, more than three have traces of coc aine or another illicit drug stuck to the paper, according to the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, which relied on that fact to dismiss a case against a man suspected of drug trafficking.

The notion that most U.S. currency is tainted with drugs has been well known in law enforcement and scientific circles for about 10 years. However, the 9th Circuit decision, issued Tuesday by the San Francisco-based court, underscores just how amazingly widespread the tainting has become.

[Jay B. Williams]' tests are consistent with other research nationwide. In one study, Florida researchers analyzed 135 bills gathered randomly from cities around the United States; all but four tested positive for coc aine.

Prevalence of Drug-Tainted Money Voids Case Law

A terrible thing. The currency in your pocket may test positive for drug contamination.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
REALLY? it smelled like marijuana so on that BS excuse they get to keep it. That is so low of the police to do that to this woman. The cops probably already got it spent. I live in Duluth just east of this, I'll be keeping my eye on this one for sure. Police in this state are well known for being extremely shady and crooked.

here is another great example of how good MN cops are, this story is from last year, but it shows a relevant trend. www.startribune.com...
edit on 5/4/12 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
it's her on fault. partly. she's been conditioned from birth, to think anything over $10,000 is drug money, unless you're a senator or famous; they're apparently the only people allowed to have money without suspicion.

contrary to popular belief. money is not illegal. it is not a crime to have $12,000 or $120,000 in cash. second, she is guilty of judging the women who left her the tip.

instead of thanks, she called the cops. now, she's crying and no one is listening.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I live in the area, the hardest drug around is pot, but alcohol is more wide spread than anything else. Everything I have read I don't think it is drug money. The restaurant is a haven for those that have retired not drug addicts and way too busy for a drug deal to go down. If this was a drug deal they are stupid with all the open space and lack of people outside of the cities in this part of the country.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Sad yes, but it is Never stupid to do the right thing. She might have missed out on 12k but she did not damage her karma when she did what she believed was right. Until we see this is not about 12k or untrustworthy police nothing will change.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

i find that impossible to happen without delibrate contamination. it is just physically impossible for 3 out of 4 bills incirculation to come into contact with coc aine at the point of sale, or thru drug users.

coc aine traffickers go to great lengths to avoid having the cash and the product in the same place or in contact with each other.

the reasoning is to avoid rip-offs and to avoid losing both the drugs and the money, instead of one or the other incase of a law enforcement raid or sting.

i find it more probable that it is a federal law enforcement strategy to delibrately contaminate the money before being put into circulation, to help in dog detection, prove a drug trafficking conspiracy and to seize assets.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
reply to post by emberscott

i find that impossible to happen without delibrate contamination. it is just physically impossible for 3 out of 4 bills incirculation to come into contact with coc aine at the point of sale, or thru drug users.

Regardless of your feelings. Here is the .GOV SOURCE

This is a result of the forty first us presidents war on drugs. You cannot imagine how much legal money has been called illegal money and confiscated due to this. You may not like it. This is the way it is by us law. It is not unique to the us. Other countries do the same.The uk is one that has laws like this also.

I suggest you simply do not travel with large sums of cash. If you do then do not get stopped by the police. They will take the money leaving you with the burden of proof the money was obtain by you through legal means.

edit on 5-4-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Who brings 12K rolled up with them to a restaurant anyway?
Damn shame she lost it all. Could of went on a nice holiday with the kids.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
If you get a tip and you call the cops about it, you deserve to lose it for being stupid.

It's incredibly sad what law enforcement has turned into. I'm a good upstanding citizen and I feel more comfortable around criminals than I do around police.

When my parents were children, it was the opposite. You just cant trust the authorities anymore.
edit on 5-4-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join