Was $12,000 A Restaurant Tip Or Drug Money?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Never call the cops unless somebody is dead/dying or needs to die. Most of the time, cops are only good for killing people and stealing s***.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
LOLOL it is definitely drug money.
no man would ever tip a B that much.
A female however....

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I could care less if its drug money... The woman deserves the money either way. Better in her hands feeding her family than in the druglords hands or the corrupt cops hands imho.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
So she gets a giant tip, has 5 kids, barely makes any money, CALLS the police, but they still take it from her "thinking" its drug money. She waited the 90 days for it to be reclaimed, and they then tell her, nope were classifying it as drug money...

Moral to the story- no good deed goes unpunished.

Lesson learned- don't ever report found money to the police.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
reply to post by emberscott

i find that impossible to happen without delibrate contamination. it is just physically impossible for 3 out of 4 bills incirculation to come into contact with coc aine at the point of sale, or thru drug users.

coc aine traffickers go to great lengths to avoid having the cash and the product in the same place or in contact with each other.

Most of the contaminated money is not contaminated through direct contact with the drug.

Most is contaminated through auto counters and money stacks.

1 contaminated bill in a single bank auto counter, will contaminate 1000 bills by the end of the day.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
hello

The police are ill-informed. All money have a drug residue on them, usually coc aine. I have even seen the show Manswers take on this topic. They gave the amount of bills needed to obtain a certain amount of coc aine. It will take more than that money to prove it in court though.

She should have kept it and kept her mouth shut.

God Bless

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The police are now giving the money back. I'm glad the Moorhead police got a dose of national attention for this one. Never will I call you people unless someone is dead or about it die. Crooks.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I just got an equipment violation ticket and when the bill came in the mail it was for $135, Here is how it breaks down.....
Fine- $50
SURCHARGE- $85
I don't even think the mob would charge rates like that, it is just too greedy.
The best part is they'll use the money to buy more equipment to give more tickets.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
One more reason to never call the cops.

Remember this one? Dallas cops keep $2,000 found by a girl. They gave her the same line "if not claimed you can have it" and then they just took it. www.wfaa.com...

I remember when I was naive and believed the whole "Stop Snitchin'" thing was just so people could get away with harming others. Well, maybe it is. But it's just as much about not being harmed by the cops.

They're like vampires. The moment you invite them in you're screwed.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Didn't anyone tell this nice lady? Possession of cash in America is a criminal act. In fact, it's SO criminal that it stands in a special category all it's own. It's the only "crime" I know of that guilt is assumed and innocence must be PROVEN...and don't try that reasonable doubt silliness. These are cops, not judges and it's their beer bash money at stake here....

I hope this woman gets HER.....*HER* $12,000 BACK. SHE didn't get it dealing dope...and there is NO WAY to know if the lady who left it did. She could be someone with means and money that just learned they have terminal cancer or something. There are all kinds of reasons that a person might do something so wild...and all of them are *NONE* of the cops business...

When the hell did we let ANYTHING become guilty until proven innocent??? The money sure is...Guilty as sin. Just ask the cops in this case. Tried and convicted...sure as anything. It's sentence? To be executed by the Police Department.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
If you get a tip and you call the cops about it, you deserve to lose it for being stupid.

So she is stupid for trying to be an honest person? I don't call that "stupid" I call that commendable. There is a huge shortage of honesty in this world today.

But for the sake of argument, let us say what she did was stupid. When did being stupid become a crime in which one should be penalized for? If the cost of being stupid was $12,000 in cash, you would be dead broke with all the stupid comments we have seen you post over the years.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
big-tip-or- tainted-cash-waitress-gets-to-keep-12000-left-by-restaurant-customer

They finally let her keep the money... Yay!

They argued that most money in your pocket is already contaminated with drugs residue.
edit on 5-4-2012 by Kr0nZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

first of all if she's so poor she shouldn't have had FIVE KIDS.

Second of all WHY WOULD SHE call the police? should have just kept it.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Ok, So the police gets 12k from a waitress and it is given to her. There is no evidence that it actually is drug money, therefore the money is rightfully hers, i hope she fights for it for the sake of her kids.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Well at least there is a good updatefor this.

The police let her keep the money.....

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Just to answer a few posters who can only see the dark side ......

Short Story.

A nice but lonely lady is told by her doctor that she has three weeks to live. She takes all her money out of the bank and drives around giving away $1000.00 here and there.

At the end of a long day she eats at a restaurant and talks to the kind waitress and thinks to herself, 'I'm glad I didn't have her life. Crap, she can have the rest that's in this box.'

Life is not all about the dark side.

P

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I find it sad that an honest woman like this is working as a waitress having a hard time providing for her family while washington is full of corrupt politicians.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The lady was being honest, that does not make her stupid or anything else, like some low life opportunists have said. The police end of things needs addressing, if they have not done so already.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
This sort of thing has been going on for years, and has always disgusted me. Who would put drug money on a table in a public place? Actually, I think it would have been better for the benefactor to have found a better way to deliver such a large sum of money to the woman anonymously, but still, nothing wrong with giving away money. There is a level at which a large monetary gift must be declared on taxes, but I think it's more than 12k.

I heard another story a few years back in which a man was making I think agricultural purchases (no, not that; legitimate agricultural purchases!) in Mexico, and had to deal in a cash-only basis, and had his money confiscated. It's pretty obvious to me that the authorities don't actually believe they are confiscating drug money in such cases, but are just doing it because they can, using the great new Amerikan ideal of "guilty until proven innocent" as an excuse.

Good to see someone fighting back. I like to see publicity on the internet and in other media making a difference, as in the recent "pink slime" debacle, and hope something comes of this for the good, since it is really a more important issue than pink slime, as nasty as pink slime can be...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
greedy a*****es let the woman keep the money whats wrong with these idiots

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum