It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Hang The Traitors" Syntagma Square Suicide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This is a sad report about a suicide of a 77-year old Greek called Dimitris Christoulas
who a 9am today shot him self in in the head at Syntagma Square.
He left a suicide note calling for the traitors to greek people to be hanged.

"The Tsolakoglou government has annihilated all traces for my survival, which was based on a very dignified pension that I alone paid for 35 years with no help from the state. And since my advanced age does not allow me a way of dynamically reacting (although if a fellow Greek were to grab a Kalashnikov, I would be right behind him), I see no other solution than this dignified end to my life, so I don’t find myself fishing through garbage cans for my sustenance. I believe that young people with no future, will one day take up arms and hang the traitors of this country at Syntagma square, just like the Italians did to Mussolini in 1945"

Greese is in a right mess with 24% unemployment and youth unemployment close to 50%
but storys like this make the desperation of the greeks people for some form of a normal
life with a job or pension in old age more real than the five second token report on MSM
with little information so dont expect to see this reported on the BBC anytime soon.

Syntagma Square Suicide Note Ends With Call To Young Greek People To "Hang The Traitors"

edit on 4/4/2012 by skuly because: trying to make note bigger and failing

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
s*i ts gettin weirder and weirder these days

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
It is HORROR when a citizen, a precious human life, chooses death with his free will than to live.

Comprehensible so for the late Dimitris Christoulas. May he find peace..

There certainly are traitors, not only of Greeks, but of Humanity as well.

They are the bankers, the rich elites, the greedy investors, the imbecile gov officials whom made false promises to attain power and wealth through corruption.

Greed is ok, but when done in excess such as what those traitors had done, tragedies will only occur, not only in Greece, but to our world.

Although those traitors had proudly proclaimed a 'hair cut' on loans, but still a majority of tax and earned revenues from GDP goes into paying off the non-stop interest and capital repayment on loans, loans which were squandered by the corrupted into frivoulous projects and lining of pockets, offered freely by other international traitors whom feed on greed.

More could have been done, but greed overwhelms. Hope could have been given to people like Dimitris Christoulas, such as management of a portion of revenues to help them keep clear of garbage can sustenance, but it was not done, leaving the only choice avaliable to these old folks.

The young are not blind, for they too, will grow old one day. When they see people like Dimitris Christoulas, they saw a reflection of what they will be in a matter of years later - with no hope for the future in their own land.

The greek gov, elected and given a mandate to take care and lead the greek people, had failed. They caved in to lenders easily, gave in to their demands, and had offered little or nothing for the greek people to survive, not even hope, let alone national leadership and pragmatic egalitarian morale.

Biz and trade still continues in Greece. It does not and never will stop. Revenues are still being earned by all, from the top to the bottom of society. It needs a multiplier effect to enlarge that revenue base so that more can have a share of it. Money needs to circulate, and not stop at a corrupted's pocket. New industries and services need to be created.

Demostrations can go on, but so too must commerce, or all will starve or take their own lives. The time to share has come. And traitors for sure will hang in time if they still continue on with biz as usual. It's gotta end one way or another. Better them to face justice and be hung than mankind to starve or choose suicide.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
There is a real contradiction in this man's letter. He suggests an armed revolution but rather turns his gun on himself. It is a very sad situation, but I don't buy the old age reason. He was able to point it and pull the trigger. If he was morally unable to "dynamically react", why talk about an insurrection and then pass the responsibility for it? I think he was in two minds hence the mention and decided to go out innocently. Time will tell if others take this action but I think they will see he took the easy way out instead.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
There is a real contradiction in this man's letter. He suggests an armed revolution but rather turns his gun on himself. It is a very sad situation, but I don't buy the old age reason. He was able to point it and pull the trigger. If he was morally unable to "dynamically react", why talk about an insurrection and then pass the responsibility for it? I think he was in two minds hence the mention and decided to go out innocently. Time will tell if others take this action but I think they will see he took the easy way out instead.

This was an old man who worked for and contributed to his retirement for 35 years. He lost everything including his life. Show a little compasion.
brice

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a very wise quote from the man. I actually posted it on my FB.
it is a shame that he had to be driven to such an extent.
but hopefully his sacrifice will make him a martyr of sorts, and the young will finally realize just how corrupt everything is.
may he rest in peace.

the story probably won't get much coverage, so my hopes aren't too high for it being an eye-opener to the public, unfortunately.
edit on 4-4-2012 by novemberecho because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by novemberecho

You might want to link this news report as well.its BBC so the parts about hanging
not reported and oddly not seen it shown on BBC 24 or any of they other news shows
so prob the item was droped quicky.

Its only got 303 views at time of writing.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
All other versions of that note reported by the MSM are different to the one above. The fact of the matter is that either side will want control over those words, which is why the Greek government were trying to halt discussion of it.

Those in power will want to play it down, and those who want a revolution will want to play it up.

The fact is that a pensioner with friends and a family decided that life was too hard to continue because of his government and their decisions. The fact is that this man then killed himself in Syntagma (Constitution) Sq. That's a message in and of itself. It doesn't matter so much whether the man called for violent revolution and the hanging of the technocrats or not, the fact that he did what he did and where he did is enough to be an inspiring move and a clear indication of his sense of futility.

I predicted that there would be a revolution in Greece this summer. I didn't think it would start this early, but I really am wondering if this is the beginning of the collapse of the €.

All it wold take is for those protesters to get organized and the country would unravel. At the moment they are all individuals throwing rocks and molotov cocktails without a plan or a purpose.
But when a large enough group makes a concerted effort to move on the parliament we could see the € spiral out of existence.

Personally, I cannot wait for that day and I hope the peaceful European revolution starts quickly, before our governments have the chance to enact dictatorial laws to save their own butts.

Who else is looking forward to the global industrial action on May 1st?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I have to also add that it amazes me how little attention is paid to what is happening in Greece by other countries.

If - when - the Greek people seize control of their government, they will be out of the €. The debt hole that would leave would swallow several major banking corporations on the planet within hours, markets would crash and you'd see scenes of rioting and looting all around the world - including in the USA and UK.

I really don't think people understand how the global markets and banking work, and how the entire thing now rests even more so on Greece not collapsing.

With all the bailouts, the damage done by Greece collapsing would be ten-fold. If they'd let them leave the € before then maybe some banks would have gone under but it wouldn't be the end of the world. Now, with all the loans and the demands on the Greek people for austerity too, this is a completely disastrous situation for all of us.

Also have to mention that crowds are once again gathering in Syntagma Sq today after more protests for 6pm were called. Looks like the riot cops in Athens are gonna have another busy day ahead of them.
edit on 5-4-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Greece collapsing is not so much of a problem now though. Initially yes, but since then markets have basically assumed it would collapse whatever. Therefore it actually going is bad for Greece but not for the world. That situation changes when you factor the same scenario for an Italy or Spain (entirely possible) - Spain in particular with an unemployment rate currently of 23.7% or nearly one in four of the adult working population (and their banks failing all the stress tests).

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
And so they should be IMHO.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Greece collapsing is not so much of a problem now though. Initially yes, but since then markets have basically assumed it would collapse whatever. Therefore it actually going is bad for Greece but not for the world. That situation changes when you factor the same scenario for an Italy or Spain (entirely possible) - Spain in particular with an unemployment rate currently of 23.7% or nearly one in four of the adult working population (and their banks failing all the stress tests).

Lets think about the possible scenario for a few moments...

The immediate risk is that Greece collapses, either by revolution of the people or by a default.
France will then be unstable, either through genuine problems of exposure to that debt or through the perception of it by the people.
Either way it bring the € one step closer to collapsing, which will spook the people and potentially trigger a run on the banks.

At the same time, you have billions of $'s being wiped from the markets as panicked investors grab what they can and run. News of this then exacerbates the run on the banks in the high street.

I think the biggest flaw in your argument is that you assume bankers, investors and speculators to be "sensible".
They are not sensible. It's believed that many are clinically psychotic by their very behavior and they cannot comprehend risk. The numbers they deal with every day are insane, and the value of such is diminished exponentially until money is nothing more than a pixel on a screen.
Many also think that their precious government will have no choice but to throw money at them again if the € does collapse.

I think you are giving the insanely greedy way too much credit. They were not clever or sensible before, they certainly won't be now.

That's just my opinion of course.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I get your point but the point i was making was that Greek default has been factored into many of the newer forecasts, etc. That is why Greece is relying on ECB loans - investors will not touch it with a barge pole.

UK exposure is quite high but the stress tests that banks passed recently had to factor in a possible Greek default - the banks still passed these tests.

Basically, what i am saying is that Greece was written off a while ago. Yes, they would still prefer to save it and will do so if at all possible. However, if it goes, it will not be global doom. Spain and Italy, on the other hand, have not been factored in and they are actually potentially in a far worse position than Greece.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The time has come for Greece to get organised. Rioting and public demostrations can only get so far to get things done.

It needs a council of 12 to take charge. No, it is not a rip off from the christian twelve disciples, but based upon the 12 critical needs of a society to progress without governorship being a dictorship, but with delegation of powers to more, for no one flawed mortal can do the job of saving the nation alone.

They are 1) economy, 2)labour/trade, 3)finance, 4)national security, 5)health, 6)education, 7)science and tech, 8) community/arts, 9) Welfare, 10) law, 11) homeland security, 12) Foriegn affairs.

At present, the intelligent and intellectuals will shy away from holding responsible positions. It is only normal. No flawed human would dare to lead during chaos. They are opportunists at heart, taking only the lowest risk, for they have too much fears, and would only come forward when issues are clearer, or when fools are discredited or out of office after much hardwork, and less blame to take credit over others.

They have yet to learn that in order to progress, mistakes will be made, so that it can be corrected to progress, nor are capable of taking such responsibilities.

It is no better time than for those whom are altrusic at heart to take the lead, for the sake of the nation, while those fearful are hiding away.

Leaders are servants of all. The most critical people are the grassroots,for without support, leaders are nothing more than flowers in a vase. Thus the altrusic must have no ego, and be selfless in their attempts to save the nation, not for fame, fortune or glory, for all to have the freedom to speak freely, change or be changed, regardless of religion, culture or social status so that NONE gets left behind.

Once the 12 had volunteered and identified, the roles and responsibilities will be upon each to take control and find others within grassroots the districts of Greece, to disseminate concepts, pull more altrusic members in, offer ideas and debates to find best solutions to proceed and progress.

There are no Uni degrees or courses on how one becomes a president or congress member. Jefferson, Washington, Lincoln, etc were mere farmers or sons of farmers. They were not nobly born, born with supposed 'divine rights of kings', and yet they created history, and freed mankind. So too can anyone. It is the heart that counts. Education can be gained through study, but a character can only be forged by time and critical experiences. It is the character that counts the most in leadership.

What is definately critical in Greece right now is the economy and leadership. With the right leaderships that listens to the People through honest and sincere discussions and debates, it will find the best solutions to proceed by majority of citizens.

Debts and more debts are not the solution. Greece is not without an economy of its own, but only its revenue being used to pay off debts incurred by the corrupted. Money loaned previously do not disappear into thin air, but went only into ill conceived projects or mostly to line the pockets of the corrupted. It is not fair the common masses be made to paid for the few whom not only got off free, but rich and enjoying life under the sun.

The wheels of the economy still hums, although slowly, but it can be churned up, with creative ideas that humankind does not lack, but it must be honest and fair to all inorder to be trusted. Money needs to be circulated so that more will get to touch it and at least be able to subsist without looking hungrily at garbage cans. It had worked for centuries in all kinds of nations, and will most certainly work now in this current age.

I wish my fellow human brothers and sisters in Greece all the best. Upon them lays the responsibilties not only to Greece, but to all humanity, on what humans can and will do to succeed, just as Icelanders had proven not too long ago. Much of mankind around the world are already getting organised today, to seek for common aspirations of man and never ever to be further enslaved. Good luck!

new topics

top topics

join