It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS - What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. True or False?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
from another free perspective on all issues,

truth existence as a fact is due to absolute superiority freedom conception being the truth

so the recognition that truth exist from that conception that truth is freedom absolute existing value, what was relatively existing, m guessing here, started to open up to else so stopped moving as being all, which is surely partially the reason how existence became a fact object after all

but truth existence is not any freedom, it is the absolute freedom that act its knowledge of freedom true value objectively, how objective exist from being true value while formed only by different free points

what is true freedom?? when truth is freedom absolute value then any is free so any aware or instant constant become free too, so here we have the essential base of true freedom being a cell one only, without being a cell but abstractly as to identify its individuality

before, truth was existing in abstract terms, so relatively, there were a superior connections happening between free identifications

in objective result, those free identities were staying still, only truth superiority could move as truly free
but that kind of moves was relative never constant or clear in knowing how it is also same free truth

what happen later is a free move that clearly know and show why freedom is absolute superiority by being that freedom knowledge when it means it in objective value

that what proved truth freedom being existing as an absolute fact since objective was proven being exclusively different freedom points realities to each others in same truth concept while an outside individual freedom is meaning it clearly by being alone true freedom value

so the knowledge of freedom value to existence always became known as light eureka to what was subjectively there existing and all different kind of means and wills to take advantage of that knowledge start to seek ways of free moves

why freedom is absolute value? so the exclusive value that might exist

bc what is at the same time positive always constant and superior always constant is objective value, and what is objective value is absolute value and what is absolute value is the only one true value

then all values are relative to freedom value

and any value is only objective, subjective value are opposed to true values relativity to freedom value

how freedom is at the same time positive and superior constantly?

logically, positive and superiority are the opposite to each others they can never relate or b joined, which prove truth as freedom being both

bc PLUS is always possible existence so what exist freely without being a fact, when facts always must belongs to objective logics or sense

so the secret epsilon is freedom way, the absolute plus superiority to everything and all as facts defining objective whole

so of course nothing is a fact from always so to, as any that might occur from constancy reasons or relative occurence of moves are facts too, but they are as nothing value too while nothing since stayed constant from the begining is more pur in nothing value

while all this has nothing to do with truth nor freedom value nor PLUS existence

what is plus to positive is superior definitely out of all existing
what is plus to superiority is positive definitive own source still existence

so positive in plus conception, is superior to superiority where superiority is always its essential existence so always more the existing reason

plus in literal definition is freedom, as clearly not related to realities nor facts, so free from it as a plus
otherwise if it was a result of reality or facts it wont b called plus it would b called positive reality and facts

so plus is actually, positive superiority, so what is superior to superiority bc as it can b its own source so it would b objective real and not out of all as superior, and when superiority is what exist since out of all reasons then positive superiority is positive existence

how to justify it being the truth in different perspective,

through the fact of constancy that cannot not exist

since constancy is a must to b, then freedom is the truth

stay the same thing is impossible mathematically, each repetition of a thing deny the thing

goals or objective means as constant concept is impossible too in maths terms
a purpose by definition deny constant concept existing it cant b what makes it real or its reason

while constant is the exclusive definitive element in all and any

repetition is by its fact concept mean constancy and goal by its abstraction is seeking constancy supports

so freedom is the constant element while freedom cant b but through positive superiority as plus concept abstract existence that could become real since it is the truth

so what is out of all as any plus is the constant reference

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by Iamschist
As for faith, mine was strong before, during and after. God and I have a relationship, deep and abiding. I do not question or blame. When I was young and tragedy struck, yes I railed, over time I got my answers and came to grips with my anger.

I believed in a loving Father-God. I was a praise-god person. What I've gone through has made me deeply question that. What I've had to go through has weakened my faith in Him .. not made it stronger. I'm seeing a lot of what looks like useless suffering .. for me .. and for a lot of other people. And I definately am questioning and blaming ... I know there is a God .. I'm just not sure anymore that He is who they say He is ...

So in this case .. that which hasn't killed me has weakened my faith.
Birth pangs, is what I see here. There's usually this kind of pain when change is to occur. You questioning yourself and your convictions can be pretty darn liberating. I've gone through the motions myself, I was a "true Christian" but then I questioned all of it, constantly asked to "know God" and then I went for a ride and was shown the different facets of that religion: it's history, it's conspiracy, it's words. Seen the repression, the atrocities, seen deception. What I discovered also is that I learned something about myself from all of that exploring. It's like I watered the seed and an amazing plant burst forth. The fruit is sweet and nurturing. So I no longer consider myself "a Christian", but I've learned to look at most schools of thought and religion (like Buddhism, Gnosticism, Hinduism, Taoism, Metaphysics ... etc.). I'm more compassionate and loving because of this journey, and liberated - the fruit is good.

I've said it before, funnily enough in another one of your threads, that "All things happen for a reason." It's your journey. I'm happy for you despite all the hurt you're going through. You'll pass it and will end up in a better place as long as you accept that possibility. It starts with you and what's in your heart. Seek & ask, constantly!
edit on 4/4/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/4/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Good old Nietzsche. The, arguably, greatest philosopher of the 19th century turned babbling madman.

"Whatever does not kill me, makes me stronger."

Sure, he said this - but he also said:

"Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you."

In one quote he advises one to, in the will to power, seek destruction and gain strength from it whereas in the next quote he warns against the dangers of battle. Personally, having done battle with the vices of various addictions, I do not feel "stronger" physically - in fact, quite the opposite. Spiritually and soulfully - yes.

The lesson: Be careful with this quote. Jim Morrison died chasing it. As have many others.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
so positive absolute superiority is the truth of freedom evolutions ways, the linear constant sense, the more to what is is the constant reference, the plus always that only exist

but that while is the truth is not truth existence justification, truth existence is bc of plus so freedom acting as ones from outside of all truth too, right

freedom as the truth can stay still leaving constant recognitions to truth freedom

but the implications of individuals in existence that never meant to exist is clearly pointing truth existence sense being first individual freedom responsability to move consciously right as being true

so individuals have the tendency to put all on the absolute freedom out of all while freedom out of all has the tendency to put all dependant on individuals right obligations moves

but truth conception is never anyone it is like some principles known about existence justifications meaning objective true existence sense realities

so what everyone should stop claiming not knowing to justify not willing to do any right obligation to all and to truth, is the knowledge of individual freedom existence, so the constant rights

what is constant is the relation between positive and superiority, it is the free way so all ways

positive must be more superior then superiority, as a plus
and superior must b more positive then positivity, as a plus

that is why also we can perceive why truth freedom is meaning individuals moves

superiority is meaning positive superiority to it
while individuals are meaning superior positivity to them,
so the relation between positive and superiority is total opposite sense which is surely the reason of duality in everyone when right relation sense start only within oneself right realisation

positive sense is being right out of all so superiority sense existence
while superiority sense is objective free realisation so positive existing sense

what matter is to keep realizing this within one freedom objectively for positive existing and subjectively for superior existing, till a mind is formed of being for true positive superiority one abstract existing reality

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I believe the saying "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" is true from my personal experiences. However the trials and tribulations in someone life will either make them a stronger better person or it will slowly destroy them. I watched my grandparents die, my grandfather died in my arms with me crying promising him I would lose weight, after they died I was motivated to keep my promise after that first month of shock and I got off my butt and lost 140 pounds. I have many other things. I have literally had 2 near death experiences, I used to stay sick all of the time. After I over came that I got stronger and now I only get sick once every two years. I was emotionally abused in church, turned my back on God and later came back to him. Since I came back and realized the problem is not living a christian life but the corruption in the churches I am stronger in my faith. I know that everything I have and everything I do is because of him. My weight loss is a miracle from him even though most people want to dispute me on it. I have grass growing in my yard which is a very long story of how the grass died and went away and then me replanting. I prayed God would cause the seed to grow and he let it grow. To me that is a miracle and no one is going to change my mind. I am happy I found this thread. I write a blog every so often and I wrote the first draft of the blog I am going to post today. It is called "I am a rich man". I am rich because God has blessed me. I guess I should add it in, that what does not kill you makes you stronger before it goes to print.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by montanasoutherngent

u r clearly meaning ur rewards from god as ur positive proof of being strong, this is contradictory

if u were strong u would b at least capable to do whatever u want, meaning god being the source of what u get is meaning ur absolute weakness of being someone, u r there as any mass populations in miserable conditions sense reaching mercy of unknown gods for the least power sense they need to b constant

what is not absolutely positive do not exist, what do not exist is then inferior thing, what is inferior cannot b strong individual but in objective inferior life realisations so by using everything and else in terms of possessions and force

that what prove strong concept being to evil realms as well as weak

what is right is simply free, so what is never defined in comparaison with else or others but always on its own terms of being true

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I think it depends on a person's perspective. If you allow experiences to get you down instead of looking for the hidden lesson in them, it might make you weaker. Likewise if you are able to grow from an experience, and figure out how to apply the lessons in them to other things, I think that would make a person stronger.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

It definitely seems false to me. It seems like it's a mental loophole that allows people to accept that they are in more unfortunate situations.

It's easier to see how garbage this idea is if you consider a small example. Say one person in a race trips and stumbles. Are they better off or worse off? Worse of course, they are now behind. What they choose to do after that can turn it around for them, but being at a disadvantage is a disadvantage.

Anytime you look at two people, the one with more disadvantages will spend more time trying to overcome those while another person without those will have more time to spend getting ahead. Lots of times our internal struggles are not known to the outside world, either, and people with extra struggles are just seen as lazy or weakened by those around them. If they share these with others, it can easily be seen as complaining. It doesn't 'count' to mention them because "that's just part of life; deal with it."

In my opinion, you really have to be a glutton for punishment or just self delusioned to believe extra challenges in life make you stronger. Health doses of challenges get you ahead if they are of your own choosing.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bekisu

it never make u stronger when u lean on believing smthg else

ur means are geniune but they rely on another fact, u become stronger when u choose free way out of what is there and keep supporting it right, so u relate with everything from outside while u catch its right facts only in truth value that u can use for urself means and better constancy

the thing is that everyone and any is only its freedom, so just the most true freedom abstract cell, that is why it doesnt matter else to individual terms so there is no point in learning anything when u r never really connected to
u r connected to objective facts from its freedom too as to others from ur freedom
so no means to get lost with what never matter really nor positively

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

Hey...um could you clarify? I'm having a hard time following. Could you maybe phrase this another way? I don't want to respond to it until I'm sure I understand the message you are trying to relay.

Are you saying that believing there is a lesson to be learned in some kind of experience would in fact not make you stronger, because you're relying on the belief that there is a lesson to be learned when there may not be?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I mean It can, depending on the person. But in general I'd really say no. People who are dealt horrible hands in life have a higher chance of developing a mental illness or addiction.

Rape doesn't kill people but it definitely screws people up. War, if it doesn't kill you will make you crazy. Bullying tends to leave people will lower self esteem. Child abuse can bring out the violent side of a psychopath if you have the right brain and gene type.

edit on 4-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

To me it's a selective comment. I was injured in the Navy a little over 10 years ago and it'll likely kill me in the end. I'm emotionally stronger from that and how I acted during the incident, physically however I've gotten cartilage damage,neurological damage etc.... I've been through tons of hurricanes the last one being Rita which wiped me out, Typhoons, tornadoes, earthquakes etc.... I think people need to take the best things out of bad situations, I guess you could say getting back in the saddle of life. I have to end this here said neurological issues make it hard to get my thoughts out a lot of the time.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
False. What doesn't kill you, but almost does, routinely has the power to break you. Which, in some cases, is worse than death in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekisu
reply to post by absolutely

Hey...um could you clarify? I'm having a hard time following. Could you maybe phrase this another way? I don't want to respond to it until I'm sure I understand the message you are trying to relay.

Are you saying that believing there is a lesson to be learned in some kind of experience would in fact not make you stronger, because you're relying on the belief that there is a lesson to be learned when there may not be?

yea also, but the major superior point so out of all is to get the fact that u must b only u absolutely bc truth exist so u must be free superior as an individual otherwise u cant be an individual, and if u r not a true individual then u will b possessed easily by others powers or else, and what possess individuals inferiorities are always evil livings meaning objective rights abuse for absolute freedom constant wealth still

the point of being true too, is what positive existence is superior one, it means that if u see smthg being objectively absolute positive u must leave it all there and get out
so even if there are some good lessons as u call it, dont learn them they are not urs
but learn but what u do from the start alone
to me the right attitude constant with others and else is simply in realizing a relative reality with its rights, dont ever see other or else as superior to learn from
superiority is only freedom truth, and since truth exist then superiority as u exist is u, the only freedom that exist absolutely in constant terms

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Great subject thread OP. In my experience, I would say yes to the opening question, but with certain exceptions. Hardship and suffering must also be counteracted with experiences of joy and happiness. One loses hope rather quickly if they cannot see the distant land in the horizion while being stranded on a ship in the sea.

Another thing that is important is a introspective attitude. Without the ability (or focus) on understanding the suffering and hardships and how it applies to your life, you will not learn the lessons necessary for it to be beneficial in some way. When that happens it somewhat transmutates into negativity, or sways you from your given path in life. Personal responsibility and acceptance of what is are important to the end result. Insight is vital.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
What doesn't kill you, doesn't kill you. Whether you get stronger or weaker from the experience depends on how you choose to react to the action that doesn't kill you. So I guess my answer to your question is "none of the above". I think there are just too many variables for this to be a true or false question. This one deserves essay status...

edit on 4-4-2012 by wearewatchingyouman because: fix

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I don't think the adage is particularly true after a certain amount of time. When I was younger, let's just say between the ages of 12 and 25, I really did feel that what didn't kill me made me stronger. That's probably because a lot of it was new and I felt up to the challenge.

Now, coming up on 40 and having been a lot of places and seen a lot of things, I sort of feel weary at times. The miles have taken a toll that I did not foresee. I thought the energy and enthusiasm was a bottomless well, but alas, I often can't help but feel a little worn out from the long road of hardships.

Part of life's challenge is to choose to take some positive from all the tough things, summarize and move on to new challenges and exciting things that can bring joy. But that is easier said than done, given some of the terribly difficult things that can, will, and have happened.

One thing that has become more important to me in the past couple of years is to be kinder and empathize more when others are struggling, to try to help out so that it doesn't kill them, but maybe makes them stronger. Peace.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
compromises cant b constant existence, in least proof of that, u cant compromise with urself then u will b different out and inn which also will confirm a problem of nonconstancy

but in other free perspective to say the fact

what is not constantly free will not have energy of its own, then anything it does will b overweight efforts and results, at the long run it become clearly satanic, never tired in exploiting all inferiority of freedom energies to its edge repetitions
but also it is a perspective on gods, how did they become such evil oness clarity
by insisting on taking advantage of truth existence knowledge to share free powerful still stands out taken for granted as if they exist always too, they lost their true freedom by having to compromise first in what they do, so they became hateful each meaning their freedom each absolutely while clearly attacking directly true existence rights as the last issue left in meaning their freedom as the only existence fact

hypothetically, if everything is positive bc united then anything is negative alone, and positive is seen as opposite fact since to everything so never to own fact

what is its own source is always positive, this is also what justify freedom being truth existence

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I myself have thought a great deal about the value of suffering. Id say ive suffered to much to have an objective opinion on such a thing... Id hate to say it was useless.

In a world where every expression has already been expressed our scars may be the only thing that will give us a reason to live. I would suppose the captive identifies with the capture in the end, memories and a experiance being more like a hyjacker.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

what about the things that paralyze you? like a carcrash? if you survive a nuclear war, you don't become superman(although I do not know. haven't seen one)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join