It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent Sleep Paralysis?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I'm no doctor but it sounds to me that you're just not sleeping right.i've had sleep paralysis for years.Doesn't sound like that.A few years ago when I was working a weird shift I had a few odd things happen.My gf at the time told me I'd sit up in bed with my arms straight out in front of me.Then I'd look at her and go back to sleep.Then there were times where she said I'd start convulsing but it only lasted for about thirty seconds.I'd change positions then I'd go back to sleep as if nothing happened.Don't you know that once I changed shifts and starting sleeping better it all stopped.My point is maybe you should start sleeping better and cut the stress out of your life.It'll help,trust me

ETA:If it stopped when your husband yelled that,then it was probably sp.It's enough to make you fully aware and awake.
edit on 4-4-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Thank you very much to all who replied. There was a lot of excellent advice given. Although I don't think it was a seizure, I will still mention it to my doc next week.

Happy Thursday to you all, keep smiling.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

first like many others are suggesting as well...... go see a doctor.. this may have a scientific or medical explanation....

always remember the possibility of paranormal should be left as a LAST RESORT....after you exhausted all other means....

just because it should be a last resort, shouldn't mean that it should be disregarded anyway

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RickGrimes

sleep paralysis is a real phenomenon, not paranormal. It has to do with the hypnagogic state your brain enters right before you fall asleep. However, if you look around the internet you will see stories about "the old hag" and similar stories. These stories are attempts to explain sleep paralysis in cultural terms. Worth a good read if you're interested in the subject.

I will be seeing my doctor and making sure this was just a one-time, arbitrary event. Thanks for the advice!

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: smyleegrl

Originally posted by CesarO
reply to post by smyleegrl

What you are describing cannot be sleep paralysis if it were you could not move, how was your head hitting anything if it was going back and forth? unless you slept on top of it? You should go see a doctor about it because that is not normal and it dident stop because your husband said stop, most likely it just shook you enough to stop the electrical impulses that were causing it, a seizure sounds to be the most probable thing, but check with a doctor first.

In other episodes of sp, I manage to snap myself out of it by making myself move. It breaks the paralysis or something, but it's taken me years to be able to do it.

Thank you for the advice about the doctor. I have my yearly physical next week and I will definently ask her about it.

It's so nice to find other people that have these experiences too! I've actually had sp my whole life...I can even remember getting it as young as 5...and I get it pretty regularly but I was finally diagnosed at 17...after going to the doctor I found out I'm in a very small percentile of people who feel extreme pain while in sp...does anyone else experience this! I like you have recently been able to force myself to move...cause it's the only way to snap out of it...but it just hurts so much! I just had an experience where I could control the hallucination and dream I was stuck in...and I had to imagine something scary in order to scare my self away...is anyone else in this position?

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: smyleegrl

To me it looks like you you had a outer body experience, or more precise you where stuck in the process.
The paralysis, ringing ears and fear are specific for (starting) obe.
Its part of human evolution to (learn how to) astral travel. Nothing weird about it, its our future.

There are tests during the process...

I think it has to to with nature making you ready for the obe experience. If you pass the test you will go further. If not you will be stuck in the process and it will repeat itself until you have found a way to deal with the situation.
For example: if you sense or see the dark man staring at you in the corner of the room or beds end during sp, or holding you back in bed find the courage to send him away. Just tell he has to go. Or ignore him totally. He will dissapear.
Its a test. I am not sure if it is projection that you create yourself and it is not really important actually. Maybe you see other creatures: do the same, send away or ignore. Focus on getting out of your body (or should I say duplicate yourself) If you succeed you will be ready to explore. You will learn how to travel and experience who you really are.
Dont give up, you are close. Fight the fear.
Good luck!

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing, I have had sp for about 25 years, other sleep disorder before that, but I know what you are talking as most of my episodes end in a few seconds of violence. Sometimes it's 3 or 4 times a night. But comes in waves, I sleep good for a few months and then have a week or so that I don't.
My advice is to de-stress, avoid caffeine before bed time etc. Or learn to recognize and understand what is happening, I have hallucinations during mine, so my brain is some what conscious, if I can take control and not get caught up in what is going on it is usually a pleasant experience. Think out of body experience.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join