It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to take the gun from the American public!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Guns don't kill people, people kill people

Have you looked at how many people die in car accidents every year, you should, because that statistic alone should make you more afraid than any gun owner.

Enough Said
edit on 3-4-2012 by FutureThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by CantSay

Agreed. The Trayton Martin killing would never had happened if guns were illegal in the US. Everyone is going nuts about racism and self defense, but that's not the really issue. Guns are!!!!

Brilliant!! So instead of Trayvon Martin having a quick painless death, he would have been bludgeoned with a baseball bat. Makes perfect sense, where do I sign the petition?

When you were in school did you blame all your spelling mistakes on your pencil?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Doctors kill far more people a year by practicing faulty medicine, I think we should get rid of doctors.

Who is with me??

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
SANFORD, Fla. —
Two men were arrested in Sanford on attempted murder charges after trying to kill another man with a hammer, the Seminole County Sheriff's Office said on Monday.

Here

The victim didn't have a gun.

We need to get rid of hammers too.

It's obvious.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

And what you DON'T account for are the MILLIONS of gun owners that DON'T act like idiots, but yet, have guns to PROTECT their families. I don't call people names if I can help it, but your thought process is flawed SEVERELY!!!! It is IDIOTIC to think that by making guns illegal, you will be safe! YOU will be the UNARMED HONEST, LAW ABIDING CITIZEN AGAINST the UNLAWFUL, GUN TOTING CRIMINALS which are going to get them REGARDLESS... I'm sorry, for the yelling, but this is just ridiculous... It's just like making drugs illegal... GUESS WHO HAS DRUGS... The NON-LAW ABIDING people...

No Thanks... I'll give what I can, and support those who support the right to bear arms. I've had LOSER THUGS break into my home only to steal everything of value that I've worked for for twenty-plus years. THEY better be glad I wasn't home because HELL YES, I would have shot them... Right in the center of their COLD, STEALING hearts!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
2nd april 2012
7 shot Dead , 3 injured in Oakland
www.bbc.co.uk...

2nd april 2012
4 shot injured restuarant
www.hattiesburgamerican.com...|mostview

1st April 2012
2 Shot Dead, 12 shot injured miami
edition.cnn.com...

8th March 2012
2 shoot dead, 7 shot injured pittsburgh
www.cbsnews.com...

27th February 2012
3 shot dead , 2 shot wounded
www.foxnews.com...

22nd February 2012
5 shot dead, atlanta
edition.cnn.com...

29th January 2012
5 shot dead Birmingham, Ala
www.reuters.com...

This is only a few of the mass shootings over the last couple of months. Its not including the single shooting incidents or the huge amount of suicides carried out with guns. Its only the start of April and the bodies are piling up from gun crimes in the US. The US society is sick. It needs help. The gun needs to be taken off the american citizen. These statistics are only going to get worse. THe US like a lot of soceities are under serious pressure. Its people are angry, anxious, scared, struggling and unfortunately trigger happy. How many people in the US are at breaking point and are armed?

The only excuse that is wheeled out time and again is, 'its part of our constitution' or protect ourselves from the government. What a joke. The US society are completely at each others throats. The governments have nothing to worry about.

Well did you ever think it might be time to change the constitution. Its 2012. Maybe its time for a new one?

The population of America needs to be disarmed. You don't hear too much from the government because they seem to be content for the citizens to be killing each other.

The problem is , its like trying to get an alcoholic to stop drinking or a junkie off drugs. They are so addicted to their drink or drugs or weapon they are blind to the truth.

When a population is allowed to arm themselves with small weapons of death , and when there is so many guns in the population, doesn't the population become a weapon of mass destruction.

How do you convince a nation to grow up and realise its time to put down the guns?

Very good article i found here while looking around on this;
www.guardian.co.uk...

Maybe we should take away the keyboards of those that litter posts with typographical errors and words that are not spelled correctly before any ban on guns occurs since it must be the fault of the keyboard that these errors occurred.
edit on 3-4-2012 by mandella1099 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
2nd april 2012
7 shot Dead , 3 injured in Oakland
www.bbc.co.uk...

2nd april 2012
4 shot injured restuarant
www.hattiesburgamerican.com...|mostview

1st April 2012
2 Shot Dead, 12 shot injured miami
edition.cnn.com...

8th March 2012
2 shoot dead, 7 shot injured pittsburgh
www.cbsnews.com...

27th February 2012
3 shot dead , 2 shot wounded
www.foxnews.com...

22nd February 2012
5 shot dead, atlanta
edition.cnn.com...

29th January 2012
5 shot dead Birmingham, Ala
www.reuters.com...

This is only a few of the mass shootings over the last couple of months. Its not including the single shooting incidents or the huge amount of suicides carried out with guns. Its only the start of April and the bodies are piling up from gun crimes in the US. The US society is sick. It needs help. The gun needs to be taken off the american citizen. These statistics are only going to get worse. THe US like a lot of soceities are under serious pressure. Its people are angry, anxious, scared, struggling and unfortunately trigger happy. How many people in the US are at breaking point and are armed?

The only excuse that is wheeled out time and again is, 'its part of our constitution' or protect ourselves from the government. What a joke. The US society are completely at each others throats. The governments have nothing to worry about.

Well did you ever think it might be time to change the constitution. Its 2012. Maybe its time for a new one?

The population of America needs to be disarmed. You don't hear too much from the government because they seem to be content for the citizens to be killing each other.

The problem is , its like trying to get an alcoholic to stop drinking or a junkie off drugs. They are so addicted to their drink or drugs or weapon they are blind to the truth.

When a population is allowed to arm themselves with small weapons of death , and when there is so many guns in the population, doesn't the population become a weapon of mass destruction.

How do you convince a nation to grow up and realise its time to put down the guns?

Very good article i found here while looking around on this;
www.guardian.co.uk...

Violent crime is lower now than it's been since before WWII. The only streets that are dangerous at all is Wall Street and K Street.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
How many of those guns used in those crimes were purchased legally. And I also wonder how many of those people that committed those crimes had a criminal background. Do you honestly think that banning guns is going to keep them out of the hands of criminals. Go look at the crime statistics for England, they banned guns, and I did absolutely nothing to harbor violence.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Most unfortunately, anyone who willingly forces me, by necessity, to do such a thing, has by my books; lost their right to the communal oxygen supply. The only reason I would ever have, and may the good lord forbid it ever happens; for shooting someone, is if they were trying to harm me or my family. Stuff is transitory, it can be replaced...my family is a whole 'nother thing entirely. Harm them? You're dead, or I'm going to die trying to make you so.

I am, by nature, live and let live. I'd rather you not steal my TV, I doubt I'd shoot someone over it. My family, as I said above, is something else entirely.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Lol.

No I am afraid it is not time to change the constitution. Most of those crimes will have been with illegal firearms.. you know the ones that will still be on the street if they make them illegal (because.. these are already illegal.. get it?).

If you are afraid of someone killing you with a gun, my answer is, get a gun.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

SANFORD, Fla. —
Two men were arrested in Sanford on attempted murder charges after trying to kill another man with a hammer, the Seminole County Sheriff's Office said on Monday.

Here

It's obvious.

We disagree on a lot...but this issue isn't one of them.

Removing the right to bear arms is nothing short of insane. The North American Indian didn't have a whole lot guns either....look what happened to them.

Never underestimate the US governments willingness to murder defenseless civilians.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by InsideYourMind
I feel sorry for you op, getting blasted with "wawawa but guns are my freedoms".

Legally letting anyone run around with a gun is madness and uncivilised. A gun is a deadly weapon, they should only be allowed to be used by people who have been trained to use one properly, and be permitted to carry one with a license.

A car is a dangerous vehicle as it can be a threat to others, that is why you need a license and training to drive one, otherwise you are breaking the law.

It's typical though, cowards will be cowards, and for that they need a gun.

I could never imagine walking down the high-street in town with the thought that any pedestrian on the street could have me at gunpoint in a flash. Honestly, i feel that isn't "freedom" at all... i'd rather be free to go about my business without the constant threat of some moron running around with a gun.

I see it as an ego thing. "Not a man if you don't own a gun" -- "So uncool, get a gun".

Do you people in the US even understand what the word freedom implies? Getting held at gunpoint is a freedom? Woah, nice going.

(first one to call me a "terrorist" or a "anti-american" gets a medal for being as typical as you can get)

How about naive? Whats that get me???? Do you live in reality? Guns exist.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Based on you logic automobiles should also be outlawed as the fatalities resulting from traffic accidents are over 50 times greater than deaths by handguns !!!

I suppose that you'll be wanting a few horses to go with that covered wagon of yours...right?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
At one time, I was probably the most liberal person in the world.

Still, I grew up in Western PA/Eastern Ohio. People hunt there -- not for the sport of it; not for the bragging rights; not simply to cull the deer population, but because people need to eat. New Castle and Youngstown never recovered from the steel mills closing. If you bring down a good-sized deer, that means a higher food budget for the winter. Or that money that would have been spent at the supermarket can go to some other important thing -- like heating the house.

So, yeah. Maybe my somewhat (still) leftist mind sometimes can't fathom the need for AK-47s, assault rifles, handguns -- or even knows the differences between them -- but if you start taking away the very tools my Mahoning Valley brothers and sisters need to simply survive, well, you'd better believe I'd be raising my voice in protest right along with them.

And, no, I don't own a gun. I don't like them, personally. But that's my choice -- just like it's somebody else's choice to own and use them responsibly. However, I do know how to use them properly and safely. Yeah, that's right -- fifth grade P.E. We all had to learn gun safety. Probably because that's around the age when kids first start hunting with their dads (or moms).

And while it's on my mind (or before somebody starts to connect the dots and says "Hey, wait a minute..."), yeah, we had that kid shoot his pregnant stepmother a few years back. The whole country was asking why an eleven-year-old had a gun in the first place; we were asking why the dad didn't have the gun locked up. Yes, it's normal for a kid that age to go hunting, have a gun, and attend all the classes (after all, you have to in order to get a junior license) -- but children should never actually have access to that stuff unless an adult is around. Everybody knows that.

Also, that Pittsburgh shooting happened within my hospital system. Luckily, our disaster response is pretty awesome -- both with medical personnel and police. And, you know what? We pulled it together and moved on. Because we're Pittsburgh, we're Western PA, we're tougher than anything, and that's what we're the best at doing -- picking up the pieces and moving forward.

Wow. Well, this sort of veered into a different direction. Don't take the guns out of Western PA: Problem solved. Also, I never realized how proud I was of my home. So, thanks OP for making me realize that.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
OP you don't think it's suspicious that the MSM would report on a murder that happens every day in this country? TPTB are obliviously pushing this. You know why? Because as once they implement Marshall law, they're not gonna want an armed populace or militia! Trust me it's coming, all of these EO's and acts Obama has singed now. Were going down the #ter folks, and no one seems to care. The only way people will wake up is if an FBI agent stomps down their door and shoots their dog.

Oh well, I'm just along for the ride.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Most unfortunately, anyone who willingly forces me, by necessity, to do such a thing, has by my books; lost their right to the communal oxygen supply. The only reason I would ever have, and may the good lord forbid it ever happens; for shooting someone, is if they were trying to harm me or my family. Stuff is transitory, it can be replaced...my family is a whole 'nother thing entirely. Harm them? You're dead, or I'm going to die trying to make you so.

I am, by nature, live and let live. I'd rather you not steal my TV, I doubt I'd shoot someone over it. My family, as I said above, is something else entirely.

Right, I'd die for my family or friends, I wouldn't suffer so much as a paper-cut for my stuff.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
As far as I'm concerned the right to own arms is as intrinic a human right as the rights to: freely choose too or not too practice a religion, vote, choose your own mate, or speak your mind. I'm fortunate enough to be born in a country that has mostly recognized all those rights. I think a lot of Europeans don't appreciate the scale and natural bounty of the US. We have some of the largest cities in the world and a lot of large wild spaces. The US coveres half a continent. I grew up and still live 80 miles(112 km) from Atlanta one of the largest cities in the US and growing up we hunted whitetail deer, turkey, quail, duck, dove, rabbits, squirrel, and racoon. Since then both feral hogs and coyotes have expanded into the area. Aside from the black bears that are north of us, the armerican alligator south of us, there are few major natural predators left in this part of the country. During the Great Depression many game animals were over hunted in the area I'm from but people didn't starve. Where I live in the unincorporated areas, we have both abundant game animals that taste good, but we are a ways away from the protections that civilized society offers. If I call the cops from my home and the 3 deputies that cover the county during the night are otherwise engaged or on the other side of the county it could be 30-45 min+ for a deputy or state trooper to show up if called. I've never lived in a state or city that had stringent gun laws. I know that there are problems in the cities with crime and guns, but even in the cities with the strongest gun laws bad guys still get guns.

We were raised to respect and fear firearms. Basic firearm safety has been drilled into me since I was a child. My grandfather and uncle were the men in my life and they both owned pistols. My uncle was a truck driver and sometimes ended up in bad parts of cities delivering or picking up a load, and my grandfather was a millworker who was a WWII vet. Neither hunted, so their only reason for owning a gun was for personal defense. My cousins and other uncle were avid hunters. As a very young child I was taught to never ever touch or play with a gun, and most importantly if i wasn't at home and found a gun to tell an adult immediately. I fired my first firearm (.22cal rifle followed by a .410 shotgun) under close adult supervision around the age of 6 or 7. Between 12 and 13, I spent a year cutting grass, raking lawns, and other odd jobs saving money to buy a 12guage shotgun for hunting ( my grandfather bought it in his namefor me). Hunting was a phase that I grew out of pretty quickly, but after high school, I joined the Army. I've fired almost every NATO and former Warsaw pact personal and crew served weapon at least once and am intimately familiar with many US individual (M-9, M1911, M-4, M-16, M-249, M-203, AT-4,and M-14), crew served weapons (M-60, M-240, M-2, and MK-19), and major combat systems (M-3 Bradley and M-109a6 Paladin).

I currently own a 9mm pistol, that 12 guage I bought over 20 years ago, and an ak-47 (egyptian made, semi auto only perfectly legal). The pistol I bought when I turned 21 after I got off active duty from the Army. The ak is a hand me down from my stepdad, which is nice because I would have bought either an ak or an AR otherwise. I believe everyone should own a pistol, a shotgun, and a rifle. I'm really considering getting back into hunting for both the cheap meat and the skillset in case things get bad in a SHTF type scenario, so I'm looking for a good deal on a hunting legal rifle (hunting with an AK is a big no-no). I take personal offense at the title of this thread.
I echo the sentiment of others saying you can have my guns when you take them from me. I know given my qualifications (documented with marksmanship awards no less) and lack of criminal history that I would probably be allowed to own firearms with much more restrictive registration laws, but that is not the point. The right to defend your life in all circumstances and your property with some comon sense to me is an intrinsic human right.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

SANFORD, Fla. —

Here

It's obvious.

We disagree on a lot...but this issue isn't one of them.

Removing the right to bear arms is nothing short of insane. The North American Indian didn't have a whole lot guns either....look what happened to them.

Never underestimate the US governments willingness to murder defenseless civilians.

It's the epitome of insane actually.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Well, I wonder: If Jesus had a gun what kind of gun would he have: A Comanche Winchester 32 top load lever action dear rifle with a buck skin fringe, his side arm would be just like mine, a Ruger Vaquero 357 with hollow points, he could take your arm with out actually hitting you. (god bless)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
If all of you pro gun Americans grew up in the UK, most of you will probably be of the same opinion as most Brits regarding armed civilians and vice the versa for us.

It's what you're brought up with.

I wouldn't be an American if I grew up in the UK. I won't pretend to understand what growing up in the UK is/was like. However I have lived in the USA my whole life and I don't always understand what happens here. Though what I do understand is our founding fathers were very clever with the foresight to see how these inalienable rights endowed upon born and bred Americans would/might someday be necessary. Seems those days are looming ever present on the eventual horizon!

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join