It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama warns 'unelected' Supreme Court against striking down health law

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by milominderbinder

"If you see something...say something", right?

Seems to me every man, woman, and child ought to be calling the "Terror Hotline" at DHS and reporting that Dick Cheney appears to be behaving suspiciously and always has been, for that matter.

I would think that hotline is on red alert right now.

People are furious with Obama's "comments".

Worse yet, what was he "thinking" about ?

What would he have really liked to "say" ?

Hmmm.

It's all about perception.

Obama has been "acting" suspiciously for a long time.

What should people do if they see Obama at Wal-Mart ?

edit on Apr-04-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

Obama is becoming unglued. Everyone is turning on him. The Supreme Court, Chris

Matthews and Peggy Noonan are giving Obama a headache.

Now Obama is lashing out at capitalism. He says it doesn't work.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Oh, and there are some real Conservatives in DC. They are just brow beaten by Liberals and the Admin and portrayed as loons or evil meanies.

There may be, but it's not just the "Administration" (of which they are a part, although not vocally so) and/or "Liberals" browbeating them - their own party tries to whip them into line, too, because their party has been taken over by Neocons, which are neither "new" nor "conservative".

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

If all polls were skewed...don't you think the data would be all over the place?

Or are you suggesting they are all in a conspiracy plotting together to show the same skewed results and trends???

That seems a bit paranoid to me.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Yes, you are correct.
I forgot to include that.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Are you kidding me?

Fox news polls are skewed to support their view.
ABC, NBC and so on are skewed to support their views.

This is basic human nature at its best.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

There may be, but it's not just the "Administration" (of which they are a part, although not vocally so) and/or "Liberals" browbeating them - their own party tries to whip them into line, too, because their party has been taken over by Neocons, which are neither "new" nor "conservative".

...the first GOP candidate that responds to a Town-Hall questioner on the subject of gay marriage with "really..who gives a sh&^"...I will quit my job and go campaign for them.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I do believe you should be Campaigning for Ron Paul then.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Are you kidding me?

Fox news polls are skewed to support their view.
ABC, NBC and so on are skewed to support their views.

This is basic human nature at its best.

I'm not talking about internet polls.

I assume you know this and are just dodging the real question.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

You're right, not everyone is suited to be a rocket scientist, but that in no way makes them useless. What would we do with an entire nation of PhD's, and no way to feed and clothe them, anyhow? That's exactly what the potential is when you start shoving everyone through college regardless of aptitude, and put yourself entirely at the mercy of goods produced overseas, which can be cut off at a whim. A society like that is not only not self-sustaining, it will eventually become unsustainable in the face of global political vagaries.

I grew up among a lot of kids with no higher aspiration than to become farmers and coal miners. Good for them - the rest of us would starve and sit in the dark without them! Politics closed the mines, and so restricted the farms that the ones who survived it are little more than subsistence farmers, now. They're not, for the most part, PhDs, Astrophysicists or Biologists. There's little call for that there, and the world has crapped on them and left them behind "for their own good - they can't keep up with the times".

They'll still be eating and warmly dressed when everyone else is waiting on the last slow boat from China with trade trinkets and goods that never come. It sometimes makes me wonder who the "savages" really are that can't keep up with the times.

We gotta do SOMETHING.

Personally, I think an excellent first step is to start making lobbying an act of treason and punishable as the same. I bet this country would return to 90's-level prosperity in less than 8 years....and then continue to improve from there.

No labor unions, no special interest groups catering to the oil companies. No lobbyists, no bribes. No law enforcement except that which has a Sheriff ELECTED by the people. No career politicians, term limits on all of them. No super-PACS. No privately-run for-profit Federal Reserve to fund these bastards.

What do you want to bet the rest just sort of works itself out?

I agree with ALL of that, plus more. I would outlaw futures trading altogether, put them traders in the same cells as the lobbyists. They're getting rich TODAY on a mere promise of money YOU might (or might not) have tomorrow.

In the matter of health care, per procedure price caps might not be a bad idea in the short term, but tort reform and severe truncation of the insurance companies would be a plus, I would think. Insurance companies and their antics are a part of what drives medical costs sky high. Other factors are equipment costs, pharmaceutical costs, and "malpractice suits", which Insurance factors into hugely, rearing it's ugly head again. Obama's solution is to give insurance companies a guaranteed sop out of our pockets. Mine is to beat them down to size. All of these things need to be addressed at the source, not have more guaranteed money thrown at them to encourage the abuse.

Individually, I've decided not to do business with insurance companies at all, doing what little I can to starve that beast into submission. Of course I have no effect individually, but neither do I make myself complicit in their abuses. Obamacare seeks to fix that problem, and FORCE me to contribute to their coffers, thereby giving them even MORE power to abuse.

Not... gonna... happen.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

No, I am talking about all polls.

Phone and in person as well.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by nenothtu

...the first GOP candidate that responds to a Town-Hall questioner on the subject of gay marriage with "really..who gives a sh&^"...I will quit my job and go campaign for them.

To say otherwise in the matter of gay marriage is the height of intellectual dishonesty. They gave up their rights to expect exclusively religious treatment of marriage when they allowed it to be licensed by the State, and then when they allowed marriages to be performed by secular Justices of the Peace.

Since they have given up the right to expect religious exclusion in marriage, how can they now claim a religious objection to gay marriage?

Religion has no place in politics. Even Jesus said so - "render unto Caresar those things which belong to Caesar, and unto God those things which are His" - to paraphrase. He also said "leave the dead to bury their dead, and keep yourself among the living". he never said "kidnap the dead and force them to live your way."

Who cares who stick what where if no one is screaming for help, and they're not doing it on the Public Green?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I agree with what you say but you forgot to mention medical fraud. Did you know that 1/4 to 1/3 of your car insurance premium is to cover the cost of medical fraud? Staged accidents, phony medical receipts, printing presses for prescriptions, overcharging by hospitals, etc, etc, etc., all contribute to the medical costs.

Lawyers fees should be capped reasonably. (I am a lawyer) but I know of lawyers who file suit without their client's knowledge over minimum charges just to collect hundreds and thousand in legal fees.

The corruption in the medical industry is rampant and costs everyone. However, I do not expect government employees to police the corruption when they can't even police themselves. Obamacare will allow this corruption to grow unchecked. People will soon find a way to take advantage of Obamacare as soon as they know what is in it. Insurance companies are now taking on this fight because it is hurting their insureds. They are beginning to do it and taking it through the courts and winning. When has government every solved anything important?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

Many insiders are saying that ObamaCare
will become a feeding frenzy for fraud.

The hustlers are licking their chops.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

No, I am talking about all polls.

Phone and in person as well.

Then give examples where the random sample polls show wildy different results for the same topic.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
I agree with what you say but you forgot to mention medical fraud. Did you know that 1/4 to 1/3 of your car insurance premium is to cover the cost of medical fraud? Staged accidents, phony medical receipts, printing presses for prescriptions, overcharging by hospitals, etc, etc, etc., all contribute to the medical costs.

Not a lawyer but was a PI for a while - ironic that the companies hardly ever investigate fraud.
They never investigate the right people either. All the cases I got were on individuals who were faking injuries. They need to go after the people who make an industry of it. The Diabetes companies who mail old people more supplies than any human can ever use in 30 days and they mail it every 3 weeks (you know to have a buffer) and sometimes double bill. That can make millions over time.

Think they only investigate about 5% of the claims on average.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

You can decimate and hate all you like. The statement I made is just the facts. It's not a political staement. Don't dilute it with your negative agenda. Save that for people who support the guy.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by xuenchen

"If you see something...say something", right?

Seems to me every man, woman, and child ought to be calling the "Terror Hotline" at DHS and reporting that Dick Cheney appears to be behaving suspiciously and always has been, for that matter.

I would think that hotline is on red alert right now.

People are furious with Obama's "comments".

Worse yet, what was he "thinking" about ?

What would he have really liked to "say" ?

Hmmm.

It's all about perception.

Obama has been "acting" suspiciously for a long time.

What should people do if they see Obama at Wal-Mart ?

edit on Apr-04-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

Obama is becoming unglued. Everyone is turning on him. The Supreme Court, Chris

Matthews and Peggy Noonan are giving Obama a headache.

Now Obama is lashing out at capitalism. He says it doesn't work.

Wasn't Bill Ayers in the news last week bashing capitalism and saying he gets up every day saying that that is the day he will end capitalism.

Well now his manchurian candidate is in office, he's increased the debt by 50% in only 3 years and the economy is in very bad shape.

I'm starting to think the people who are saying Obama is intentionally doing the wrong things to wreck the economy are right.

This healthcare bill is so immense that it alone will do the trick.

They're still writing up the regulations for Obamacare, they estimate they will be over 100,000 pages.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

I don't pay car insurance, either - it's all part of the same ponzi scheme, so I don't drive any more. Still, I see what you mean, and I think all that is covered in "Tort Reform", but the only part of that I specifically mentioned was the malpractice angle.

I agree that lawyer's fees should have a cap in matters of torts. Around here, the standard practice is to sue for 3X actual damages, of which the lawyer gets 1/3. That gives the more unscrupulous sorts incentive to pump up the bill beyond reason. I don't know, but think that maybe a flat rate would serve the public interest better, and eliminate some of the more egregious excesses.

You are absolutely right - if there is a system in place to BE exploited, sooner or later - and usually sooner - someone will find the chinks in the armor to exploit it.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Not a lawyer but was a PI for a while - ironic that the companies hardly ever investigate fraud.
They never investigate the right people either. All the cases I got were on individuals who were faking injuries. They need to go after the people who make an industry of it. The Diabetes companies who mail old people more supplies than any human can ever use in 30 days and they mail it every 3 weeks (you know to have a buffer) and sometimes double bill. That can make millions over time.

Think they only investigate about 5% of the claims on average.

There was an unscrupulous "doctor" around here - a Chiropractor - who specialized in cases of auto injury. The insurance companies got wise to that, and banded together to snag him, which they did, over a period of time, building the case on an "injury by injury" basis. I personally know of one individual who went to see him undercover with a faked "injury" for which he was treated by some goofy "ultrasound" treatment for 20 minutes or so on his "injured" spine, for which the insurance company was billed 1500 dollars - for ONE visit, lasting about 20 minutes, with a snake-oil treatment!

Things like that need to be dealt with, and dealt with hard.

edit on 2012/4/4 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Placing a cap on lawyers fees would require a regulatory system, which would then be just another system to exploit. Instead of putting caps on lawyers fees, and while I understand the suggestion I am about to make demands way more of people than they are willing to give, a better and more efficient regulatory scheme would be that all people learn the law - not legislative priest class lawyer nonsense - but the law, and then only use lawyers as assistance of counsel and not court representatives.

Wishful thinking on my part, I suppose, but a better regulatory scheme just the same.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join