It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please stop posting about the most sick crimes you can find

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

First of all,I totally get what you are saying-there is no need to watch sick crimes.But that does not mean we cannot be aware that they occur.They do,but there is no point viewing such material.
While it could be helpful to know there is an escaped axe murderer in your town,there is no need to view his crimes.

But that video...Hmm,not sure that was the best to illustrate your point.
I found it weird..making a connection with eyesight blurring after viewing "conspiracy"websites...
Not buying it,and I have my text settings on small,as always...

Then he starts with the face tapping.
Not good.
No offense,I agree with what you are saying,just not the video.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
If you guys stop posting all that stuff then what's this site going to turn into?
a UFO seeeing site
I dono what this site turning into but if it keeps going down ...then I'm out.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Says who?

There are MANY members here who WANT to know whats going on.

How does it benefit you, in any way shape or form, to know that four people were offered as a human sacrifice in Mexico?
[Snip]

edit on 1-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

I will play devils advocate here.

If I lived somewhere close where there was suspected and/or known people being say kidnapped,murdered and sacrificed..I for one would honestly want to know about it.

I come here to learn,share and get informed...on many different topics and issues.

I do not seek out sick,gory or disturbing topics but I am sure some exist....I am thankful to have ATS to turn to when something is going on around the world...whether across the world or in my own back yard...if it were not for this site..including all of it;s topics,I would be at a disadvantage,less informed on a plethora of topics ranging across the spectrum...That is what I love about this site.

I do not agree with censorship of any kind,ATS for me is one of the few places I am not being bombarded with lies from the media..Not every single thread,post and story is 100% true or accurate but that is up to me to believe,disbelieve...I can make up my own mind...So can every other member here,they should be able to use their mind,intuition and logic in able to discern the wheat from the chaff.

You are entitled to your opinions,likes/dislikes,what should & shouldn't be posted...So are we.

edit on 1-4-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

If it isn't conspiracy related it should not be on ATS...

I'd like to see more Central Bank/Rothschilds/Rockefeller/Fiat Money/Ghost/Paranormal/Secret Society/Big Brother/Aliens/Space/Black Ops/Free Energy/ Forbidden Technology/ Ancient Archaeology etc. news. And less of these threads that the OP describes. Paired with respectful discussion on these subjects. We are a conspiracy website.

But that's just me.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PerfectPerception

Took the words right out of my mind.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Good call TheBandit795.
That is exactly what ATS should be about,and it still is,once you siphon off all the inevitable BS such a site sadly attracts these days.
That is no fault of ATS,rather a fault of the sometimes vapid,unthinking goons that some of society has become.

I still find inspiration from ATS threads-Which was the number one reason I started looking at this Forum.
Its all about using our common sense BS filter.
Our brains come with that as standard for most folks,no need for a firmware update.
But for some,well...

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Its not so much the crime that i find shocking its the situation that unfolds in the public eye and then the way the situation is handled by the law and courts and cops and such.

Knowing the severity of the case in detail is sometimes gruesome but is necessity for an appropriate action from those that uphold the law.

Knowing and believing the law its doing its job and the situations for the crime can be reduced to avoid such future cases is something i as a man in modern civilization feels a need to be a part of.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
For all of the haters...consider this.
Perhaps the OP was simply asking you to at least take a minute before you post a reply or start a thread and think to yourself..."What am I contributing with what I am about to post"? Are you posting just to flame somebody..to start an argument...posting to get stars...or are you posting to uncover truth with your post?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

If it isn't conspiracy related it should not be on ATS...

I'd like to see more Central Bank/Rothschilds/Rockefeller/Fiat Money/Ghost/Paranormal/Secret Society/Big Brother/Aliens/Space/Black Ops/Free Energy/ Forbidden Technology/ Ancient Archaeology etc. news. And less of these threads that the OP describes. Paired with respectful discussion on these subjects. We are a conspiracy website.

But that's just me.

I thought it was a conspiracy site AND alternative news portal??
Large part of the content on this site is not conspiracy theories at all.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

That is no fault of ATS,rather a fault of the sometimes vapid,unthinking goons that some of society has become.

I still find inspiration from ATS threads-Which was the number one reason I started looking at this Forum.
Its all about using our common sense BS filter.
Our brains come with that as standard for most folks,no need for a firmware update.
But for some,well...

Preach on brother!

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

This post won't change anything.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I find it interesting that not a single poster here, not a single one admits to being interested in screaming headlines, or gets some kind of titilation / stimulation from reading about shocking things.

Lets not beat about the bush, its not for education. People that are saying that they want to know about some crime that happens in their local area, well that one doesn't add up. You will find out about it on the local news / newspapers or on the internet, it will not appear as an exclusive on ATS.
Plus how much local news is there on ATS? This is a global site in any case.

On the other hand I don't even read topics that have these types of headlines in them that are of no relevence to me. People that are offended by these topics should not bother with them at all. Yeah it gets on my nerves that people seem to get off on these topics, but thats their problem. And I have to say that invariably its people that are in the US. They write something in their signature like 'fry the butcher', or they will have a picture of the latest guy accused of a controversial murder or similar. Whats worse they have no clue whether the person in question is guilty or not. This insane extremism shows some kind of mental issues.

By the way for people that claim that they want to know everything and that there should be no censorship at all, I disagree. We know for example that child abuse exists, do we need to hear details about how what happened. Should we have the right to see uncensored images of people being killed / hurt because we are against censorship? Of course not, there are limits.

But if any of you guys really want to see shocking details perhaps you should visit the deepweb,

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

If it isn't conspiracy related it should not be on ATS..

I see that you are a super moderator.

I feel that you should also know that I just checked the forums page.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I could go and list all of the Forums that can be considered other that what you stated above.
Such as: Lets start with the short stories forum, oh, we even have an OFF TOPIC section full of forums that are OFF TOPIC....

I even noticed that one forum is Labeled Automotive Discussion.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It does not say automotive conspiracies, it says automotive discussion.

Here is the first paragraph on this page, you should be familiar with it.
.www.abovetopsecret.com...

AboveTopSecret.com is the Internet's largest and most popular discussion board community dedicated to the intelligent exchange of ideas and debate on a wide range of "alternative topics" such as conspiracies, UFO's, paranormal, secret societies, political scandals, new world order, terrorism, and dozens of related topics with a diverse mix of users from all over the world.

Cospiracies is the first in the list. But notice there are many other "topics in the list.

I also get tired of some of the topics posted on ATS. But we all have a right to post whatever we find interesting as long as it stays within the boudaries of the T&C's.

I can also say that most of the conspiracies have been beaten to death around here. If there is no new info posted on different topics, ATS would become stale and rot away like so many other outdated sites on the internet.

It is what it is and unless you have a little thing called "ownership" we deal with what is offered to us.

I am not upset, I just believe that some people are pretty self centered in their own bubble. I am also guilty of this time to time.

Have a nice day. it really is beautiful outside. Maybe I will go check out the Fragile Earth forum and see what news is posted about the temps.

ETA: And for all I know you could be a part owner, and if so i feel that you should make the changes in which you speak, if you feel that strongly about them.
edit on 1-4-2012 by liejunkie01 because: ETA

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123
They write something in their signature like 'fry the butcher', or they will have a picture of the latest guy accused of a controversial murder or similar. Whats worse they have no clue whether the person in question is guilty or not. This insane extremism shows some kind of mental issues.

So..you are posting pretty much to take a cheapshot at a member relating to an argument from another thread, and you decide to bring it to this one.
I know which member you are referencing btw.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Look at all the replies, I have only read your Op so far and probably all I have time for today.

I agree. Sensationalism is one thing, sick and twisted is another.

For quite some time it has turned me off to find so many msm type yahoo homepage type psychotic headlines.

I know, you can simply not open, and I don't for the most part, yet what is the conspiracy? Humans like to perpetuate these types of events against other humans. Threads like those filling the main page are just not adding to the content of the forum and becoming way too frequent, imo I think it could be part of the take down of this incredible site.

S@F

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Right on Bandit, and I was reminded of the threads that Skyfloating used to author with some very deep and insightful thoughts on subjects which do entail secret societies and their darker sides which cover horrible acts against children, women, boys, humans in general, but the difference was a maturity and actual research, not just a wanton knee jerk reaction to a headline that "may" bring them loads of stars or flags, which again is a show of immaturity on this forum.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I think that the OP is discussing the hit and run threads without any real meat and potatoes. Negative sensationalism which does not serve to create an environment of scholarly debate and discussion.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
Its news, and MOST MEMBERS here want to KNOW WHATS GOING ON in the world.

Are you "upset" because it is not "news-worthy", or are you "offended" with something specific about that news that YOU dont want discussed because it shames YOU?

I am going to say it again.

This is irrelevant, and nothing more than a form of justification. People do not want to read about this material because they want to be "informed." They want it because they want drama and conflict, and they enjoy immersing themselves in negativity. Full stop.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

I think that the OP is discussing the hit and run threads without any real meat and potatoes. Negative sensationalism which does not serve to create an environment of scholarly debate and discussion.

Exactly the point. If we want to have a discussion about why these sorts of things happen, that is one thing; but we don't. We just want to obsess about the fact that they are happening. People who protest to me that it is useful for stopping these things happening, are lying; because that is not the way in which the conversation actually gets used.

It's not, "let's analyse why this is happening," but "Oh look, this is happening! *gasp* Isn't it SHOCKING?!"

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marrr

Originally posted by freethinker123
They write something in their signature like 'fry the butcher', or they will have a picture of the latest guy accused of a controversial murder or similar. Whats worse they have no clue whether the person in question is guilty or not. This insane extremism shows some kind of mental issues.

So..you are posting pretty much to take a cheapshot at a member relating to an argument from another thread, and you decide to bring it to this one.
I know which member you are referencing btw.

No I'm making a point about obsessive and extreme behaviour. And by the way out of my entire post why did you cherry pick that part? If you disagree with my wider points then out with it...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join