It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP!!! Cyber bullying occur NOW!!! How do I stop it???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I logged onto my Facebook account a couple of minutes ago and saw something that has me so enraged I'm shaking.

Someone posted a photo of a teenaged girl with the title "Like If You Look Better Than Her.". I don't know what's more disgusting: the fact that someone posted this or the fact that 53,000 people hit like.

This young woman is an adolescent. Remember what a painful time that was? And now some #%

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

And this is exactly why I am not on facebook or will ever share private things like pictures on the internet.
The average sheep can be so disgusting sometimes as if they completely lack empathy.

I sadly don't think there is much you can do about it, other than maybe contact facebook to see if they will remove it.
And nice to hear that there are at least some good people here. I think it is really good thing that you care and try to deal with this case.

edit on 31-3-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

My suggestion would be, just like it ATS, report it to the FB administrators immediately. Good luck!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Posted her photo (without the caption) on Facebook with a request for help and to alert others to what is happening. Don't know what else to do. If you have any ideas please tell me.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Posted her photo (without the caption) on Facebook with a request for help and to alert others to what is happening. Don't know what else to do. If you have any ideas please tell me.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Fight fire with fire.
Post "If you look better than...press Like" but put a picture of the bully.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I agree it´s very sad. One time I ended up in some weird section of youtube again and there was this vid of ahorribly overweight teenage girl singing Katy Perry songs, not very elegantly, but I was shocked by the responses.

Scary how evil a crowd can get, very nasty, and that´s coming from a cynical bastard.

She didn´t seem tomind too much though cause she had a whole row of movies and I ended up clicking LIKE to a few of them just cause I felt sorry for her, lol.

But you can´t stop it I guess, I´m just over thirty but I can imagine how hard it must be with the social pressure nowadays for kids, it is intensified by the social media and it´s scary.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Social Networking is a Zoo.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Fight fire with fire.
Post "If you look better than...press Like" but put a picture of the bully.

I don't know who started this, and the person who posted the photo I saw is not one of my friends. I guess I saw it bc some friend of some acquaintance is a friend or something.

But I also don't want to fuel any flames. Wouldn't this just be another bully?

Thank you for your suggestion.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

who posted the image.. link me to their page...

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Okay. Going to try and report to Facebook. Don't know how so it may take some time.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

who posted the image.. link me to their page...

I don't know how.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Reported to Facebook.

Did some digging. Photo posted march 30.

In the time since I first posted this, the likes have gone from 50,000 to 59,000

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
lmao... how is this cyber bullying? sounds like a viral image. I HIGHLY doubt 53,000 people know this girl and think they're better then her.

Jezus, man, take a pill. Sounds like ur having a heart attack over there. I would understand if it was a picture of you but... do you even know this girl? does she even know her picture is around? does she care?

Ridiculous... lets all make a big deal over nothing.
edit on 31-3-2012 by ClydeFrog42 because: their... the'ye... blllahhh blahhhh

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Isn't it illegal to upload photos that you do not have permission to do so? If so could that girl not sue said person over uploading her picture? Also i think in some states, bullying of any sort is an actual offense of law.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog42
lmao... how is this cyber bullying? sounds like a viral image. I HIGHLY doubt 53,000 people know this girl and think their better then her.

Jezus, man, take a pill. Sounds like ur having a heart attack over there. I would understand if it was a picture of you but... do you even know this girl? does she even know her picture is around? does she care?

Are you seriously that callous???!!!!

I don't know this girl. I have no idea who she is. AND THAT DOESN'T MATTER!!! She's a person!!!

Would you stand by and watch someone beat the holy hell out of someone and not intervene??

I REFUSE TO DO NOTHING. I REFUSE TO BE APATHETIC.

This is the reason our world is in the mess it's in.
edit on 31-3-2012 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Very odd that you to post this now...

I was just thinking about this yesterday, about how online bullying, or for instance memes... could become so fast traveling and enormous that essentially anyone who is the target of one could be ridiculed into a severe depression and/or suicide.

But then I thought: This is natural. This could actually serve as a good lesson for people...

Consider the attitude a person can develop when having to deal with that sort of attention. Some people get upset and destroy themselves. On the other hand, one many learn to accept themselves and the opinions of others, and thus evolve as a human with character. Also, many of these once funny memes end up turning their subjects into celebrities! The key is in the understanding, for everyone.

People will eventually raise the bar on "funny" as well. It seems to happen in waves: Low brow becomes more and more tiresome until the generation evolves a bit, but then there is the next generation, and the next. The young are replacing us as the young...

The subjects, creators, and audience to this "bullying" are in a process of learning. This is the time when strong and compassionate characters are born, and once primitive and mean-spirited people become enlightened.

Perhaps even a few of them will ask themselves:

"What am I doing?"

In other words...
If energy is given to small mind, small mind grows.
If energy is given to big mind, big mind is realized.

edit on 31-3-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I agree...isn't there a feature on FB where you can report it as abusive?

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog42
lmao... how is this cyber bullying? sounds like a viral image. I HIGHLY doubt 53,000 people know this girl and think they're better then her.

edit on 31-3-2012 by ClydeFrog42 because: their... the'ye... blllahhh blahhhh

And you are a clear example of what is wrong with a lot of humanity. You completely lack empathy. If you normal you would feel disgusted and sad by this even though you do not know this person.

People like you make me sick.

I bet you would not lose any sleep even if it was in news that this girl took her life.
edit on 31-3-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Wow...

I dont think this girl (who you dont know) would want you calling attention to her situation and defending her without her knowledge.

Maybe she's in on it... MAYBE she doesn't care... you dont know. Yet, ur crying and reporting to the Facebook staff because your overly sensitive and dont like what you see.

mind you own business, and get your head out of your own @ss. What a lame excuse to make a thread.

lahoo-zehure

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join