It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP!!! Cyber bullying occur NOW!!! How do I stop it???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Just click to the profle of the peep that made the picture. Then copy and past the address from the top into here....

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aqualung2012

Yes, people are learning from this. That's fine.

But what about the girl? Just sacrifice her dignity because she might get famous?

I know trials strengthen us. I hope she can deal with this and overcome it. But what if it does severe psychological trauma? Teenagers are so vulnerable. They are dealing with the transition from childhood to adulthood. That's difficult enough without being humiliated on a global website.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This whole cyber bullying thing is absurd. Tell the kids to get off their computer and go outside. Problem solved.

Seriously, how weak minded has society become that people are getting all upset about something someone says on the internet.

Just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Is it of some black girl? Posted by a guy named Chris Browser?

edit on 31-3-2012 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClydeFrog42

Wow...

I dont think this girl (who you dont know) would want you calling attention to her situation and defending her without her knowledge.

Maybe she's in on it... MAYBE she doesn't care... you dont know. Yet, ur crying and reporting to the Facebook staff because your overly sensitive and dont like what you see.

mind you own business, and get your head out of your own @ss. What a lame excuse to make a thread.

lahoo-zehure

Would it be thread worthy if I told you she's African American and I'm Caucasion? There's a ton of threads in ATS about race right now. Maybe if I play that card it would get attention.

I don't care if this thread gets stars. It's not about that.

It's about helping someone.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491

Is it of some black girl? Posted by a guy named Chris Browser?

edit on 31-3-2012 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

Yes! Please tell me this is a known hoax or that's it's been dealt with!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

edit on 31-3-2012 by Skepticesque because: No point in arguing with the incompetent.

edit on 31-3-2012 by Skepticesque because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Yes, people are learning from this. That's fine.

But what about the girl? Just sacrifice her dignity because she might get famous?

I know trials strengthen us. I hope she can deal with this and overcome it. But what if it does severe psychological trauma? Teenagers are so vulnerable. They are dealing with the transition from childhood to adulthood. That's difficult enough without being humiliated on a global website.

But thats the reality of the situation. Her dignity comes from within herself. She is not "a vulnerable teenager" shes more than that. She is herself... if her dignity can be harmed its not truly dignity.

The people with poor dignity are the ones who find it so funny. It is the conceited girls and meathead guys who need to learn to grow up. It is the girl in the picture who needs to realize who she is, and realize confidence in herself.

The way people are is the best "trial," in our lives. She will be polished into a bright shining jewel if she is strong enough to withstand the pressure. Then she can shine enlightenment on the small minded people.
edit on 31-3-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: .

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Skepticesque

lol, a string of meaningless insults? classy, coming from the guy charging people with a "middle school" mentality.

Who am i? Who are you? Is this helping, a bunch of people who dont even know her having a public discussion about how she's a victim? is she a victim? how the hell do you know?

you dont. and thats all i have said. Your so self-righteous... you cant even see that. In your delusions, you think that I am the one making assumptions... while the rest of you talk about this girls situation as if you know whats best for her or as if your helping.

Heres a tip: neither of those things are true. You have no idea if she cares, your not helping (at all), yet you have a heated discussion about how sorry you feel for her.

what a bunch of BS. I couldn't care less what you have to say about me, after seeing you demonstrate your idiocy by making moronic assumptions about a picture on facebook.

@ overly-sympathetic moralistic ATS wingnuts. Get... over...... yourself!

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ClydeFrog42
[

You're not worth reporting. And you've occupied way to much of my attention. So goodbye.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

[

You're not worth reporting. And you've occupied way to much of my attention. So goodbye.

Yeah best to ignore him.. He clearly is a lost cause as he just aint physically capable of feeling emotions for others.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

so when your a direct victim, thats not worth reporting... but when you come across a picture of a girl you dont know who might possibly (probably not) be the victim of cyber bullying, then you get all hot and bothered?

I see.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

It's pointless to try injecting reason into this egotistical masturbation fest.

They are determined to help this "poor girl' whether she needs it or not, because they are right and that is all there is to it.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

You are obviously very wise. I agree with everything you say.

But there's another aspect to consider. I'm a teacher and I work with children and teens daily. I've seen the harm bullying causes. I've seen the damage it can cause.

I'm currently working on my dissertation in the area of developmental psychology in education. There are a plethora of case studies that show bullying can have long term negative consequences, especially when it occurs in the teenage years. Teenagers practically live in their limbic system, the area of the brain that deals with emotion. A person who's in their limbic system has difficulty accessing the frontal lobe of the brain, which is where rational thought, meta cognition, and other skills develop. Since some teenagers have highly sensitized limbic systems, it can be very hard for them to think coherently when something traumatic occurs, they often have difficulty thinking rationally at that moment. If the trauma is severe enough, the person may do something that harms themselves or others simply because they act impulsively.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

THANK YOU!

Its like shes an object onto which they project their own insecurities.

Hell, if a picture of me with a similar caption went viral, i would expect that AT LEAST 50,000 people would like it. Theres gotta be at least that many people on Facebook that are more attractive than me...

I certainly wouldnt want empty sympathy from a group of random self-righteouse do-gooders

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Thank you to those of you who suggested notifying Facebook. I've done so, and apparently that's all I can do. I appreciate your replies.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

There are a plethora of case studies that show bullying can have long term negative consequences, especially when it occurs in the teenage years. Teenagers practically live in their limbic system, the area of the brain that deals with emotion. A person who's in their limbic system has difficulty accessing the frontal lobe of the brain, which is where rational thought, meta cognition, and other skills develop. Since some teenagers have highly sensitized limbic systems, it can be very hard for them to think coherently when something traumatic occurs, they often have difficulty thinking rationally at that moment. If the trauma is severe enough, the person may do something that harms themselves or others simply because they act impulsively.

That has always been so... the children suffering from their over-active limbic systems are no different than the ones being edged-on by their own. See both sides...

You have a WONDERFUL opportunity as a teacher to give yourself up in order to help stop the ignorance at the base of bullying... and thats REAL teaching!

The key is to encourage strength in character. Teach your students non-attachment. Teach them to be compassionate even though they are suffering... really demonstrate this to them.

Do not coddle them and shelter them from the disagreeable parts of reality. That is actually making the children weaker, it's a disservice to them. Help them when they are in front of you. Be the initial spark of confidence in ALL of them- every day- every MOMENT and maybe one day NONE of them will be like the idiots out there.

You will not change nearly as much creating threads here as you would if you put a great emphasis on each moment, each thing in your life at any time.

You see that suffering is endless, and you vow to end it all.

The only way to do this is to live through and through. There are far more direct ways of helping either that particular girl, or even the thousands of ones you aren't aware of. Just sit with it a while.

edit on 31-3-2012 by Aqualung2012 because: .

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

By chance are you familiar with Dr Becky Bailey's work? It's called Conscious Discipline and its main goal is to teach students how to be aware (conscious) of their emotions and their thinking. It shows students (and anyone else) how to acknowledge your emotions, control them, and move past them to deal with the situation rationally. It also encourages a sense of connection between those in the classroom. The goal is to create a class "family" that allows for every student to be accepted. The program also actively teaches children how to deal with bullying. The goal is to empower the bully's target. My school has used this program for three years now and it truly is life changing. This description does not do it justice.

You're posts are spot on with CD. Which is why I wondered if you were aware of the program

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

ClydeFrog42,yes its always wise to realise that there are millions,if not BILLIONS of people better looking than oneself.And definitely,one's sense of self-worth needs to be based on a boat-load more than just one's physical appearance,if one is to ever know joy and inner peace..BUT you cannot call the concern and desire to help, that this member shows,into question,as you dont know her.I dont think she's using this because she's suffering from insecurities about her own appearance-i think she's doing it because she is genuinely disgusted by just another example of the cruelty and pettiness and sheer malice people inflict on each other every day.Every one's disgusted-apparently-with the state of humanity,yet when some one like the member who started this thread,shows a bit of compassion and concern for a stranger,you treat her as if she's an idiot.Do you WANT to live in a world where absolutely no one will ever show concern for a stranger,or stand up for them? Because they are afraid to be ridiculed by people like you? EPIC FAIL!!! And a pretty good example of why humanity is in the #e shape it is.When i saw this thread,it was one of those rare moments when i felt SOME hope for humanity..then you came along.Yah well..what WAS i thinking..

<< 1    3  4 >>

join