It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity vs Atheism: The Facts

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

edit on 30-3-2012 by ofNight because: Sleep deprived jibber jabber~

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofNight
reply to post by mikelkhall

My apologies, atheism wasn't the proper term.

I was trying to convey that both religion and a trust in science requires faith.

How does science require faith?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
atheism is just as much as a belief system. there is only one true religion. Christianity was a good reflection of it at one time. now its like trying to see the moon in shakey water. it can still be made out if awareness is a point though. its sad when a society looks up to atheist as intellectuals

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I don't get it either.

ofNight is usually better at his posts than this. Maybe he is tired. I understand what he is trying to do though. He just wants everyone to get along and not let this thread turn into a war.

So far I believe the thread has held it's own without becoming combative. I enjoy a good debate and sometimes people do get a little heated but then they rest and come back stronger. I have no problem with that.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

edit on 30-3-2012 by ofNight because: I'm sleep deprived, ignore meeeee~

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

its sad when a society looks up to atheist as intellectuals

What then pray sir, would be your ideal intellectual? Are you saying that a person must have a Theist doctrine in order to go to a good university and receive a degree?

Are you saying that an Atheist is not able to use his/her brain in a perfectly logical manner?

Are you saying that Theist are the only people that can be intellectuals?

What exactly is an intellectual? Can you give me your definition. Don't run to wiki to find it. Tell me what you believe in your own mind.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

There is literally SO MUCH Proof and Evidence that the Bible is 100% true that I could not possibly cover it all in one short post.

I will just say that I have seen overwhelming and undeniable evidence for the life death and ressurection of Jesus Christ.

And irrefutable scientific proof of Intelligent Design! Scientists have also now PROVEN that "evolution" could NOT have been the cause of our existence.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

Oak Ridge National Laboratory researchers are peering into the atomic world with record clarity, developing an electron microscope image that can distinguish the individual, dumbbell-shaped atoms of silicon in a crystal.

Source

This was back in 2004.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by GD21D

There is literally SO MUCH Proof and Evidence that the Bible is 100% true that I could not possibly cover it all in one short post.

I will just say that I have seen overwhelming and undeniable evidence for the life death and ressurection of Jesus Christ.

And irrefutable scientific proof of Intelligent Design! Scientists have also now PROVEN that "evolution" could NOT have been the cause of our existence.

I may be exhausted and asking blatantly stupid questions, but even this wins the award.

There is absolutely no scientific evidence to suggest that the Bible is 100% true. If there was evidence to suggest such, we wouldn't be having this debate.

Originally posted by mikelkhall
reply to post by ofNight

Oak Ridge National Laboratory researchers are peering into the atomic world with record clarity, developing an electron microscope image that can distinguish the individual, dumbbell-shaped atoms of silicon in a crystal.

Source

This was back in 2004.

I stand corrected, thank you.

edit on 30-3-2012 by ofNight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
atheism is just as much as a belief system. there is only one true religion. Christianity was a good reflection of it at one time. now its like trying to see the moon in shakey water. it can still be made out if awareness is a point though. its sad when a society looks up to atheist as intellectuals

The Bible hasn't changed. Man's theories and philosophies have.

Christianity is still the only one true faith.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

There is, also, literally SO MUCH Proof and Evidence that the Bible is 100% false, in that it is nothing more than a group of books that were written by men based on even older religions, that I could not possibly cover it all in one short post.

Although I'm up for it if you are.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

reply to post by GD21D

I may be exhausted and asking blatantly stupid questions, but even this wins the award.

There is absolutely no scientific evidence to suggest that the Bible is 100% true. If there was evidence to suggest such, we wouldn't be having this debate.

Of Course we would still be having this debate. Some humans are rebellious and don't like the thought of being held accountable for there actions. They want to play life like its one big game, instead of the reality of it being a test.
edit on 30-3-2012 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

The Bible hasn't changed.

Lord Jesus help this poor soul.
The bible has gone through more changes than I have underwear and I'm 56 years old so that's a lot of undies.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

reply to post by GD21D

Of Course we would still be having this debate. Some humans are rebellious and don't like the thought of being held accountable for there actions. They want to play life like its one big game, instead of the reality of it being a test.

I just downed a 5 hour energy and am ready.

Fine, provide evidence. A belief in science isn't stupid. I'm fascinated to hear of this alleged evidence, you'll make me a believer if you can go through with your word.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

There is, also, literally SO MUCH Proof and Evidence that the Bible is 100% false, in that it is nothing more than a group of books that were written by men based on even older religions, that I could not possibly cover it all in one short post.

Is that why Archeology confirms the text of the Bible and provides evidence for the reliability of the biblical manuscripts? Archaeological discoveries have verified biblical Burial Sites and Citys on numerous occasions.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ofNight

No prob. I have read a lot of your posts. You're cool.

2nd

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

reply to post by GD21D

I just downed a 5 hour energy and am ready.

Fine, provide evidence. A belief in science isn't stupid. I'm fascinated to hear of this alleged evidence, you'll make me a believer if you can go through with your word.

I believe in science too so what is your point? We just disagree with how we interpret the evidence.

And nothing I say can make you a believer, I cannot change a persons heart all I can do is sow the seed.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Is that why Archeology confirms the text of the Bible and provides evidence for the reliability of the biblical manuscripts? Archaeological discoveries have verified biblical Burial Sites and Citys on numerous occasions.

Archeology doesn't confirm all of claims made in the Bible, not even close. Lots of old books mention burial sites and cities. Just because it's mentioned doesn't mean the rest of it is real.

The Iliad and the Odyssey talks of Troy, a real city. That doesn't mean the Gods are real.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

So Jesus was God and He died on the cross, crucified for our sins, once for all.

What about these Saviors:

# Chrishna of Hindostan. # Budha Sakia of India. # Salivahana of Bermuda. # Zulis, or Zhule, also Osiris and Orus, of Egypt. # Odin of the Scaudinavians. # Crite of Chaldea. # Zoroaster and Mithra of Persia. # Baal and Taut, "the only Begotten of God," of Phenicia. # Indra of Thibet. # Bali of Afghanistan. # Jao of Nepaul. # Wittoba of the Bilingonese. # Thammuz of Syria. # Atys of Phrygia. # Xaniolxis of Thrace. # Zoar of the Bonzes. # Adad of Assyria. # Deva Tat, and Sammonocadam of Siam. # Alcides of Thebes. # Mikado of the Sintoos. # Beddru of Japan. # Hesus or Eros, and Bremrillah, of the Druids. # Thor, son of Odin, of the Gauls. # Cadmus of Greece. # Hil and Feta of the Mandaites. # Gentaut and Quexalcote of Mexico. # Universal Monarch of the Sibyls. # Ischy of the Island of Formosa. # Divine Teacher of Plato. # Holy One of Xaca. # Fohi and Tien of China. # Adonis, son of the virgin Io of Greece. # IxiOn and Quirinus of Rome. # Prometheus of Caucasus. # Mohamud, or Mahomet, of Arabia.

Sixteen Saviors Crucified

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Oh come on... Be a sport, post a couple of literal snippets of the proof and evidence that the Bible is 100% true. While you're at it, I for one would also like to be guided to the "irrefutable scientific proof of intelligent design"

I will just say that I have seen overwhelming evidence that who I am is made possible by the installation of thousands of years of handed down belief and assumption craftily mixed with an incomplete bag of scientific awareness and all of this filtered through five narrow band senses....With all that going for me, I should most certainly recognize irrefutable proof when I see it

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join