Christianity vs Atheism: The Facts

page: 2
8
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gruffly
I've heard plenty of religious people call atheists names too lol just watch the Atheist Experience. There are over-emotional people making poor decision in every group. We are all flawed
I love that show! It was while watching that show 4 years ago that I realized I was an atheist.




posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Gruffly
 


I apologize to the Atheists for not stating that believers call them names also.
I thought, maybe, the burn in hell statement might have been enough.
I guess not, I stand corrected.



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikelkhall
I apologize to the Atheists for not stating that believers call them names also.
I thought, maybe, the burn in hell statement might have been enough.
I guess not, I stand corrected.
Lol. That just adds fuel to the fire...so to speak.



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman
 


My entire point was that all of us, Atheists, Believers, Agnostics, are guilty of stupidity by not being able to talk without stabbing the other in the gut, so to speak.



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gruffly
 


No it's not? Well where did it come from then? The big bang? Well what started the big bang? Where did the first atom come from?



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by Gruffly
 


No it's not? Well where did it come from then? The big bang? Well what started the big bang? Where did the first atom come from?


A magical mystical omnipotent "guy in the sky" created the first atom.

Who created the "guy in the sky"?



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 


Good question.


Like I said, noone knows nothing.



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291
reply to post by Annee
 


Good question.


Like I said, noone knows nothing.


I know.

Every honest legitimate Atheist (not those who are Atheist because they are mad at god/church) - - lack belief in a god - - because there is nothing that proves the existence of god. Every Atheist is Agnostic - - because god can not be proven or dis-proven.

How many god believers will admit they don't know?



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee
 


None or they wouldn't be believers, which is quite close minded really.
edit on 30/3/12 by David291 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291
reply to post by Annee
 


None or they wouldn't be believers, which is quite close minded really.


I take the position "Anything and Everything is Possible/Probable" and "Science is limited by known knowledge"

However - - when you "step out of the god circle" - and look at a religious god objectively - - - its quite an unbelievable Fantasy.

Unless - - you attribute it to real off-planet beings more advanced then us.

I can definitely see myths built around behaviors and abilities of beings (coming from the sky).

edit on 30-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Unless - - you attribute it to real off-planet beings more advanced then us.

I can definitely see myths built around behaviors and abilities of beings (coming from the sky).


And for some reason that is supposed to be crazier or somehow less rational than drinking the blood of a 2,000 year old superman hybrid.


Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by David291
 


Like I said, noone knows nothing.


I know.


Yea right, and wasn't it you who shunned me one day for saying something about cogito ergo sum.

It was.
edit on 30-3-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
THE FACTS ARE THESE:

Jesus says there is no one good, save God alone. This is one of the many ignored verses of the bible.
I don't agree with it, of course BUUUUUUUUUUUT....

There are Christians who are assholes, and there are atheists who are assholes. There are Christians who aren't, and there are atheists who aren't.

What I'm getting tired of are the generalizations and the victimhood. But it ain't gonna stop anytime soon. Because it's far too easy and trendy to do these things.

Sad to say.

I hope that in the future people will stop the vilification and petty bigotries, but I don't think it will. People are far too xenophobic and don't really care.



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Jesus says



Prove anything about the existence of "mythical biblical Jesus".

Anything.



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77


Yea right, and wasn't it you who shunned me one day for saying something about cogito ergo sum.

It was.


Ah Yes! "I think, therefore I am"

Am what?



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77

Originally posted by Annee
Unless - - you attribute it to real off-planet beings more advanced then us.

I can definitely see myths built around behaviors and abilities of beings (coming from the sky).


And for some reason that is supposed to be crazier or somehow less rational than drinking the blood of a 2,000 year old superman hybrid.


The universe is: 13.75 ± 0.11 billion years old.

The earth is: 4.55 billion years old.

A lot can happen in 12+ billion years.

So yes - - - logically there probably were beings before humans. Probably beings that had a hand in the development of earth and humans.



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by Gruffly
 


No it's not? Well where did it come from then? The big bang? Well what started the big bang? Where did the first atom come from?


These are very important questions.

And here's a video explaining how neither side is entirely wrong nor right.




posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Ah Yes! "I think, therefore I am"

Am what?


It means, among a bunch of other stuff, that the only thing we can know is that we exist, meaning we don't really know anything... hence:


Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by David291
Like I said, noone knows nothing.

I know.


It seemed like you did not like cogito ergo sum earlier, so the above would be hypocritical. Maybe I am interpreting what you guys are trying to say wrong, who knows.


Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by RSF77

Originally posted by Annee
Unless - - you attribute it to real off-planet beings more advanced then us.

I can definitely see myths built around behaviors and abilities of beings (coming from the sky).


And for some reason that is supposed to be crazier or somehow less rational than drinking the blood of a 2,000 year old superman hybrid.


The universe is: 13.75 ± 0.11 billion years old.

The earth is: 4.55 billion years old.

A lot can happen in 12+ billion years.

So yes - - - logically there probably were beings before humans. Probably beings that had a hand in the development of earth and humans.


I agree with you, I was just taking a little jab at Christians. The idea of extraterrestrials seems a lot more logical than any explanation of god. Some people think that's crazy, I think they are crazy for thinking that is crazy. What a mess.

Sorry, I must be confusing today.
edit on 30-3-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
And here's a video explaining how neither side is entirely wrong nor right.


Uh huh.

No bias in that video.



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Starchild23
And here's a video explaining how neither side is entirely wrong nor right.


Uh huh.

No bias in that video.


You must be atheist. But see, every point raised in that video is entirely valid including the fact that atheists use these arguments, and that these arguments are flawed.

I, for one, will not argue a point that is very well made and completely valid.



posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
THE FACTS ARE THESE:

Jesus says there is no one good, save God alone. This is one of the many ignored verses of the bible.
I don't agree with it, of course BUUUUUUUUUUUT....

There are Christians who are assholes, and there are atheists who are assholes. There are Christians who aren't, and there are atheists who aren't.

What I'm getting tired of are the generalizations and the victimhood. But it ain't gonna stop anytime soon. Because it's far too easy and trendy to do these things.

Sad to say.

I hope that in the future people will stop the vilification and petty bigotries, but I don't think it will. People are far too xenophobic and don't really care.



But see, here's the really amusing/disgusting part.

We need a reason, in the form of either punishment or reward, to be good.

And that's why we utterly fail as a species. We can never be kind for the sake of kindness...we had to invent RELIGION, for crying out loud. Religion is nothing more than a system that both answers questions about death and provides rules about life at the same time.

And yet, that same system that we really shouldn't need, is the only reason we are alive today. It is the only reason our arses aren't toasted yet. Consider that for irony.
edit on CFridaypm414110f10America/Chicago30 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)





new topics

top topics



 
8
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join