It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam will be the first religion outlawed.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I'm not sure why you believe that Islam should be outlawed due to some protests in Europe. Were they violent protests?

IMHO, no religion should be outlawed, but no religion should be above the law either. If you are a Muslim in the U.S. and you participate in violent protests or riots you should be arrested, tried and imprisoned, regardless of your faith. If you are a Muslim who is not a citizen and you participate in those activities, you should be fined and deported without option to return.

The problem isn't with religious Islamicists protesting as much as it is with civil authorities appeasing them. You are and should be allowed your personal views on any topic you'd like. When you those views cause you to act in an unlawful manner you should be treated like a criminal.

Eric

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DavidWillts

Originally posted by GuidedKill
reply to post by DavidWillts

I don't have to prove God doesn't exist. Modern science and common sense should be enough for anyone.....BRB there is a nasty fairy from never never land buzzing around my head....darn annoying fairy tale characters....

But can you prove Gandhi said that quote that was posted? You asking me to prove that Gandhi did not say that is along the lines of me asking you to prove god does not exist, that is why i asked because you can't prove a negative. Which you tried to completely dodge the issue by posting this non-sense.

Google the quote..his wiki page is the first one to pop up. It's a long page so you will have to do a little leg work yourself.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
How can it be outlawed first if it's going the fastest? Your theory lacks of evidence sorry.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaMuslim
How can it be outlawed first if it's going the fastest? Your theory lacks of evidence sorry.

IMO religions in modern times cannot succeed if they shows signs of extremism or intolerance. Unlike major religions that already exist or have prospered from their exploits and war in the past. I think today's society does more critical thinking in general and will not tolerate another pointless religion war. History has proven most religions to be extreme and start wars to further their agenda. In the past these wars were tolerated and fought based on the lack of critical thinking in society. You either followed or were killed. I think Islam will not be successful in the long run in today's society due to their violence and lack of tolerance of other religions. The Koran teaches either you believe or you're an infidel. These narrow minded views by Islam as a religion have no place in society.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
Google the quote..his wiki page is the first one to pop up. It's a long page so you will have to do a little leg work yourself.

So in otherwords you have no idea where the quote came from. But i will help you out considering you seem to have trouble.
Yes you are right the quote does come up on a wiki page as the first result. If you were to take the 30 seconds to try and verrify your claim you would see that it is under
Disputed Quotes because nobody can find a source for the quote, but ignorant people continue to attribute it to him
en.wikiquote.org...

edit on 1/4/2012 by ArMaP because: Removed excessive quoting.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

So in otherwords you have no idea where the quote came from. But i will help you out considering you seem to have trouble.
Yes you are right the quote does come up on a wiki page as the first result. If you were to take the 30 seconds to try and verrify your claim you would see that it is under
Disputed Quotes because nobody can find a source for the quote, but ignorant people continue to attribute it to him
en.wikiquote.org...

Not exactly. I copied and pasted one list as an example and clearly stated that in my post. I did not take credit as the author of the list or even the quote. I merely copied and pasted a very large list of names like everyone does to prove a point. If this is the only mistake you found and want to attribute it to me then so be it. It's not my fault you did not read in my post where I clearly said I copied and pasted it. One mistake out of the 100 or so quotes posted does not negate my point.
edit on 1/4/2012 by ArMaP because: Removed excessive quoting.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Sorry, I'm a muslim and I can't seem to understand what you guys are trying to point out, I live in complete peace here and all you guys seem to say is that muslims are terrorists, but I've never seen them. Seems like a myth to me.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Sorry, I'm a muslim and I can't seem to understand what you guys are trying to point out, I live in complete peace here and all you guys seem to say is that muslims are terrorists, but I've never seen them. Seems like a myth to me.

This is from another thread.....Just the most recent video I have seen involving Islam. Listen to what your fellow Muslims tell this woman....It doesn't sound to me like these people are very tolerant and peaceful....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Hard thing to nail down isnt it? Simple question.What does the Quran say about non islamic people? It calls them infidels correct? Now what does the Quran say is the duty of all good Muslim to do to infidels? You see where Im going right? We know not all People who worship Islam are extremist,but they have a habit of scaring the ones who are not extremist into compliance with them. Then the radicals give the rest of them a bad name. So unfortunatly the tolerant muslims who worship Islam are lumped together with them creating more problems. We have learned over the years the best way to deal with a problem is to send the entire cause away,no matter if this is right or not.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
You can really do the whole muslim= terrorist thing with any group using that logic
Athiests- killed millions Stalin,Pol pot, kim sung ill on and on
Christians- Crusades
Jews- Killed palestinians
It does not really mean that it is true for all members of that group

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
We have learned over the years the best way to deal with a problem is to send the entire cause away,no matter if this is right or not.

Russia with the Gulags and germany with concentration camps, please tell me how sending entire populations away fixed anything long term, Show me anywhere in history where that turned out to be the best decision.
edit on 30-3-2012 by DavidWillts because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Funny i didnt say they were terrorist. I said the minority were extremist. But the minority are scaring the majority into silence. Mayby i should double space my replies from now on. I didnt mean send away to Camps or gulags. I would not wish that on my enemy. Unfortunatly the rest of the world only hears about the extremist side.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Funny i didnt say they were terrorist.

Nor did i claim you did, those were 2 different posts.

I said the minority were extremist. But the minority are scaring the majority into silence. Mayby i should double space my replies from now on. I didnt mean send away to Camps or gulags. I would not wish that on my enemy. Unfortunatly the rest of the world only hears about the extremist side.

Show me in history where sending an entire cause away because of the actions of a few managed to work out in the long run.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Funny i didnt say they were terrorist.

Nor did i claim you did, those were 2 different posts.

I said the minority were extremist. But the minority are scaring the majority into silence. Mayby i should double space my replies from now on. I didnt mean send away to Camps or gulags. I would not wish that on my enemy. Unfortunatly the rest of the world only hears about the extremist side.

Show me in history where sending an entire cause away because of the actions of a few managed to work out in the long run.

Ahh i see your confusion. It does not work to well thats true,but it moves the problem somewhere else. Its only a temporary fix. Would it be acceptable to move only the extremist away instead?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The problem is not Islam, it's the pseudo-liberal ideology of "multiculturalism" or "Diversity" (capital intended). The idea that people with widely different values can coexist peaceful 'en mass' is wrong, has always been wrong, and always will be wrong. Five thousand years of recorded history confirms it.

Similarly, you cannot blame Christianity for the Crusades. Blame those who used it for another agenda.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well see, here's where you get on the slippery slope..

Lets pick on Islam cause they are getting some bad press of late and have some naughty folks from their ranks make headlines. Of course, that doesn't mean that all Muslims are like that by any stretch - but sometimes all it takes is one bad apple getting a ton of press to sour people on the whole barrel.

So say you outlaw Islam.

Gratz. You have outlawed a religion / theology and (this is important) an entire system of thoughts and beliefs.

So why stop there?

The Catholic church has done some bad things before - would they be next?

Be very careful outlawing any train of thought - it is dangerous and slippery ground.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
LOL @ title.... of course... isn't AMERICA about 90% Christian and anti-islam and pro-zionist?

what about likely first first religion outlawed in the rest of the world though?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaakin

Originally posted by strik2dae
reply to post by LDragonFire

You know what i want, I want the world to live together peacefully, but as long as there is religion people will have different views on life and the morals by which life is lived.

Exactly! All religion should be banned, until they can live together.

But if we go that direction...and say something IS NOT allowed...what difference then from religion?
Religions seem to be supported by RULES....do nots and shall nots...freedom is the idea of WHY not?

To impose our own will upon another is the epitome of religious ideation, imo.
But of course, that is merely my personal opinion and I don't expect anyone else to share my view.

I just don't see how any progress will be made unless we think more about changing our ways of living with each other rather than focusing on how we think others should live.

If that makes sense.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

we do,ever hear of Guantanamo?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

What you say is true but such things like logic do not work on fundamentalists of any type.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join