It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam will be the first religion outlawed.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
You can't outlaw religion. You have to allow it but challenge it and mock its ridiculous aspects.

If you ban something you make it cool.

There are adequate laws already for assault and murder. They just need to be applied.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I dunno.
Traditionally in SA mostly segregated communities got along quite well, and even as a gay man I've never had a problem with Muslims.
However, we had the first urban terror campaigns in the late 1990s, linked to a radical Islamist group known as PAGAD (although they are re-grouping and deny the charges, arguing that the corrupt police and gang bosses had framed them).

Although we have an influx of people, especially from Muslim Somalia (and some areas have been taken over completely), and our visas have been compromised by terrorist infiltration (causing some Western countries to suspend our once temporary working visas) we don't have much of a religious problem.

We've had documentaries on witch-hunts in the Congo, and widespread homophobia, and these atrocities are caused by US-styled Evangelical Christians.

So, as far as violence and chaos goes, we've got a lot to fear from Christian mega-churches, and while American preachers come and stir trouble, none will help clean up the mess when beliefs in demon possession turn on children and help spread HIV (when people are told they are miraculously cured).

In the Congo 15 000 children have been orphaned because preachers accused them of being witches and demon possessed.

This has already spread here, in idioms used by charismatic Christian preachers.

The preachers have filled up people's heads with so much demons and darkness that now churches may literally turn on each other.

Soon Islam will seem like "peace" after the charismatic chaos caused by these people.

As a gay person I prefer Christianity, because it doesn't impose death sentences.
That may be true for the US, but when American fundamentalists get to meddle in a another country, like Uganda, then they seem to potentially get some of the things they plan for a future US theocracy.

I once heard that there may be moderate Muslims, but there is no moderate Islam.
At the moment it feels like there may be moderate Christians, but there is no moderate Christianity.

Shockingly our Human Rights Day this year was undermined by violence around Christianity.
www.iol.co.za...
edit on 30-3-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuidedKill
I say to hell with God, Allah, Ya way, etc. I don't want anyone who believes in a made up fairy tale to decide anything for me. Anyone who believes in God or Allah etc are about as smart as a 5 year old who still believes in Santa Claus.

Faith= belief in something that has no proof......

As Bill Maher said that's nothing to be proud of....

And maybe I dont want anyone who thinks huge masses of people are unintelligent because they have faith, to tell me what I should believe and what I shouldnt.......

Keep in mind there are plenty of people out there who are far more intelligent then you or Bill Maher, who have a faith of some kind.......guess that kind of destroys that theory doesnt it.........

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
You can't outlaw religion. You have to allow it but challenge it and mock its ridiculous aspects.

There are adequate laws already for assault and murder. They just need to be applied.

I love how all of you "enlightened" and "tolerant" people

Are advocating ostrasizing anything you dont believe in yourself, just because someone has a diffferent belief system.....

I guess you all arent so "tolerant" and "enlightened" after all

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaakin

Originally posted by strik2dae
reply to post by LDragonFire

You know what i want, I want the world to live together peacefully, but as long as there is religion people will have different views on life and the morals by which life is lived.

Exactly! All religion should be banned, until they can live together.

I do not see Buddism picking on the other religons. I have not seen Hinduism as pushing their religon and converting people. But those two are about evolving your soul and seem to be about lossing your ego and the duality view of everything. New age normaly do not preach duality from my point of view. So what do we have left. The Jewish faith that I do not hear much about. Muslim and Christian faith that say it's our religon or hell (definetly we are right everybody else is wrong mentality). I have to accept Jesus as my saviour or hell. I find it funny that from my point of view the Christians who say You have to accept Jesus or Hell have not understood anything at all what Jesus was preaching. They act as a group of bullies trying to convince me that their way will save my soul. Sorry god have already done that thru Toltec new age religon (and I was a Ateist before that happened so faith was not needed for rescuing it seems) and in the end I noticed that all spiritual teaching (the core of all religons) was the same teaching just with a different view.

The funny thing is that if you don't look at differnet religons you might miss the Chakra system and the healthier body you can recieve by only listening to medative sounds. If you are caught up in duality because of your ego then they will miss the whole awakeening process and then religon is just a waste of time if you do not like to bitch and moan about outher peoples faults (if it is a church that pushes ego and duality). God do not care about what religous doctrins we have. It is how we behave that is important. An atist will not go to hell for not beliving if he/she have empathy and heart. God sees what you are and no amount of sweettalking pursuation will get you to where you are not ready to be.

Sorry that this have become a dualistic spirituality vs people caught in duality post. However you write your view in this reality you are still caught up in the duality of it. It is a paradox that I can't shake.
edit on 30-3-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

So i see........

Its ok to paint Christianity with a broad brush but not islam?

Got it......

So because of some ignorant people in the congo or in Africa who really dont understand what Jesus was really teaching.........then the whole book is bad.......

BUUUUT people cant say the same thing about Islam wehn thousands of suicide bombers blow up market places?

DO YOU PEOPLE EVEN THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK!?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

I love how all of you "enlightened" and "tolerant" people

Are advocating ostrasizing anything you dont believe in yourself, just because someone has a diffferent belief system.....

I guess you all arent so "tolerant" and "enlightened" after all

Why should religion get a special category immune from challenge? Religion is a collection of ideas. If the ideas are correct they will stand any scrutiny debate or mockery surely?

If they can't they deserve to fade into history and be replaced by something better.

Everybody should have the right to believe what they want, say what they want. At the same time nothing should be immune from debate and nobody should be beyond the law.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Its funny (sad) in america you have 35 million la raza...
Now, of course this ISN'T in reference to legal immigrants, it is about another slippery slope step:
Conquest by illegal immigrants.
I realise this is just a blog but it shows how the same game is being played out on everyone everywhere.
You get the "whipped up" ones and they get turned on the "complacent" onesWhile the whippers sit back smilin'
Its all toy soldiers

I want to tell you that last week I attended a conference on health care reform sponsored by La Raza. And I will tell you that what they had to say, Mark, is scarier than anything that's been said so far on the health care plan.

The kind of comments that were made and the notes that I took... they started the conference out by saying "America does not need health care reform, but Latino immigrants need health care reform."

And someone from Menendez' office [Ed.: Sen. Robert Menendez, D-NJ] promised that he would make sure that "the useless barriers of citizenship would not be in this bill" and that he would make sure that they would use keywords like "streamline"...

It was La Raza, the Childrens Defense Fund and Senator Menendez from New Jersey, a representative from his office...

...Yes [they said they would get free health care for illegal aliens], these are my notes, Mark. They actually got up and said "Latino children need health care more than whites". And then they would say things like "you must go out into your communities, use words like 'streamline', use phrases like 'all workers' and 'all families'," because they said -- and I quote -- "If the American people find out that this bill is about giving health care to non-citizens, they will rise up against it.

directorblue.blogspot.ca...
edit on 30-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I say to hell with God, Allah, Ya way, etc. I don't want anyone who believes in a made up fairy tale to decide anything for me. Anyone who believes in God or Allah etc are about as smart as a 5 year old who still believes in Santa Claus.

Just because Christianety and Islam is a powerpyramidic structure do not mean (Something more) do not exist. Most of the bible and koraan can be a total lie and still god will exist. I do not belive in things without proof and I even question how real reality is. You are entitled to you opinion and ignore me if you do not like it.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Why should religion get a special category immune from challenge? Religion is a collection of ideas. If the ideas are correct they will stand any scrutiny debate or mockery surely?

If they can't they deserve to fade into history and be replaced by something better.

Everybody should have the right to believe what they want, say what they want. At the same time nothing should be immune from debate and nobody should be beyond the law.

It has nothing to do with "challenge"

I hardly think that people wishing the banning of religion is a challenge..........thats more of a decree to ban people from their own beliefs!

Who said anything about being immune from debate? Not I?

Thats how people who think its ok to ban religion work........they turn things around and say "oh well you just dont want a debate"

No debate is fine, but what is NOT fine is people telling me I cannot have my own faith, unless its their lack of faith.....

edit on 30-3-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/4/2012 by ArMaP because: Removed excessive quoting.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

So i see........

Its ok to paint Christianity with a broad brush but not islam?

Got it......

So because of some ignorant people in the congo or in Africa who really dont understand what Jesus was really teaching.........then the whole book is bad.......

BUUUUT people cant say the same thing about Islam wehn thousands of suicide bombers blow up market places?

DO YOU PEOPLE EVEN THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK!?

No, no - I never said any book was bad, and I did mention Islamic terrorism.
It's just that the US is coming from a position of a very certain history (which I said I prefer) but some of their preachers are causing chaos here, and they cannot blame anybody else.

There are many Christian traditions, and traditionally the missionaries encouraged rationalism and science, and good qualities.

However, these later mega-preachers are encouraging demonic beliefs and superstitions, and unfounded claims on diseases and miracles, as if God never established a physical order on creation and any demon or prayer can interfere in it all the time.

Maybe "YOU people" should think more before you speak.
These crimes in your religion will not wash off with sheer denialism.

If you think these things are wrong from your country and sects, then come and correct them.
edit on 30-3-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Thanks for the replies.

BTW
I'm not Christian, and frankly Islam scares me, but at the same time allah can kiss my ass.

Do you realize that you just said "God can kiss my ass"?

Allah is the word for "God" in the Arabic language.

Wikipedia is your friend:

Arabic-speakers of all Abrahamic faiths, including Christians and Jews, use the word "Allah" to mean "God".[7] The Christian Arabs of today have no other word for 'God' than 'Allah'.[14] (Even the Arabic-descended Maltese language of Malta, whose population is almost entirely Roman Catholic, uses Alla for 'God'.) Arab Christians for example use terms Allāh al-ʾab (الله الأب) meaning God the Father, Allāh al-ibn (الله الابن) mean God the Son, and Allāh ar-rūḥ al-quds (الله الروح القدس) meaning God the Holy Spirit (See God in Christianity for the Christian concept of God).

source: en.wikipedia.org...

Like Arab Muslims, Arab Christians refer to God as Allah, as an Arabic word for "God".[29][30] The use of the term Allah in Arab Christian churches predates Islam by several centuries.[29]

When you say "Allah can kiss my ass" you are ofending all the Christians from Arabic speaking countries, from the Copts of Egypt to the Melkite Catholics of Syria.

edit on 30-3-2012 by GLontra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I too find the painting of Christians with a broad brush to be highly offensive, to compare true Christians of God like the Lords Resistance Army to terrorist Muslims is just ignorant.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I completly agree. From my point of view religon is spiritual knowledge and you are supposed to use the brain you have recived to see if the message is symbiotic(service to all by all/devine) or ego parasitic. Religon and knowledge is meant to evolve not be fundamentalistic.
edit on 30-3-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

And maybe I dont want anyone who thinks huge masses of people are unintelligent because they have faith, to tell me what I should believe and what I shouldnt.......

Keep in mind there are plenty of people out there who are far more intelligent then you or Bill Maher, who have a faith of some kind.......guess that kind of destroys that theory doesnt it.........

Actually I feel it has proven my theory more. To say someone is intelligent but believes in something with no proof is really asinine....but hey it's your world, I'm just living in it's stupidity.

On another note you have no idea of who I am or my level of intelligence. Your assumption about me only proves your lack of intelligence.
edit on 30-3-2012 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with "challenge"

I hardly think that people wishing the banning of religion is a challenge..........thats more of a decree to ban people from their own beliefs!

Who said anything about being immune from debate? Not I?

Thats how people who think its ok to ban religion work........they turn things around and say "oh well you just dont want a debate"

No debate is fine, but what is NOT fine is people telling me I cannot have my own faith, unless its their lack of faith.....

Then why did you take umbrage at my post?

Curious 2nd line.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

However, these later mega-preachers are encouraging demonic beliefs and superstitions, and unfounded claims on diseases and miracles, as if God never established a physical order on creation and any demon or prayer can interfere in it all the time. Maybe "YOU people" should think more before you speak. These crimes in your religion will not wash off with sheer denialism.

yes but are these "mega" preachers from the US, ? and are they the ones to blame because these people take what is being preached and morph it into some sort of bastardized reason to kill and maim?

I just find it odd that for the most part, Africa is the only region this seems to be a huge problem in, and there are many many christian centers and populations world wide who dont suffer this sort of problem?

Perhaps its the simplistic view and ignorance of the people and not the teaching?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

I didnt mean for it to come across that way I was just explaining my thoughts...

no umbrage taken!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Actually I feel it has proven my theory more. To say someone is intelligent but believes in something with no proof is really asinine....but hey it's your world, I'm just living in it's stupidity.

On another note you have no idea of who I am or my level of intelligence. Your assumption about me only proves your lack of intelligence.

and you have no idea who many of the people who have faith are, or THEIR level of intelligence either.......

Yet you see no problem casting your own mold on them of being less intelligent then others......dont you?

Hypocrisy much?

i guess all these people were just ignorant, unintelligent apes?

Nicholas Copernicus (1473-1543)
Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1627)
Johannes Kepler (1571-1630)
Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)
Rene Descartes (1596-1650)
Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
Isaac Newton (1642-1727)
Robert Boyle (1791-1867)
Michael Faraday (1791-1867)
Gregor Mendel (1822-1884)
William Thomson Kelvin (1824-1907)
Max Planck (1858-1947)"
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Sorry Ill pit the intellect of these gentlemen against you or Maher any day
edit on 30-3-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Thanks for the replies.

BTW
I'm not Christian, and frankly Islam scares me, but at the same time allah can kiss my ass.

Do you realize that you just said "God can kiss my ass"?

Allah is the word for "God" in the Arabic language.

Wikipedia is your friend:

Arabic-speakers of all Abrahamic faiths, including Christians and Jews, use the word "Allah" to mean "God".[7] The Christian Arabs of today have no other word for 'God' than 'Allah'.[14] (Even the Arabic-descended Maltese language of Malta, whose population is almost entirely Roman Catholic, uses Alla for 'God'.) Arab Christians for example use terms Allāh al-ʾab (الله الأب) meaning God the Father, Allāh al-ibn (الله الابن) mean God the Son, and Allāh ar-rūḥ al-quds (الله الروح القدس) meaning God the Holy Spirit (See God in Christianity for the Christian concept of God).

Like Arab Muslims, Arab Christians refer to God as Allah, as an Arabic word for "God".[29][30] The use of the term Allah in Arab Christian churches predates Islam by several centuries.[29]

When you say "Allah can kiss my ass" you are ofending all the Christians from Arabic speaking countries, from the Copts of Egypt to the Melkite Catholics of Syria.

edit on 30-3-2012 by GLontra because: (no reason given)

You right because we humans have a tendency to take things a bit to seriously. From my point of view god is probably laughthing at LDragonFire now. But there might be a practical joke in the future that will happen to LDragonFire for that comment.
. From my point of view god also have a sense of humor.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join