It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange "memory" anomalies.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I apologize for making a thread about my personal issues but I value the members of this board's input. Thank you.

I quote "memory" to explain my lack of a better word. I'm not sure if what I am dealing with is memories or not. Also, I considered putting this in the medical board because I am highly skeptical and like to exclude anything medicinal and "scientific" before coming to the possibility of something spiritual. However, it would be to much of my enjoyment to read inout regarding the metaphysical possibilities of said situation.

Any way, without any more time wasting let me explain what concerns me:

For about the past year (365 time span) I have been dealing with these fleeting feelings of déjà vu. However, they differentiate slightly from actual déjà vu. Usually they occur when I take a stroll through my neighborhood and especially whenever I am creating music. With déjà vu you have the feeling that the thought or moment you are experiencing has happened previously and that it feels familiar to you.

I am getting these very quick glimpses of thoughts and "memories" that I know have not existed in my current life. As I walk, I will look at something and instantly it'll "take me back" to a moment I know I have never actually experienced. However, upon experiencing these memories I usually get a strange emotional feeling that feels alien, strange, and generally weird and other-wordly. It'll feel as if I am experiencing a moment from a completely different Universe.

I know that is a very crack-pot way of describing it, but I can't do it any better than that. The thoughts bring on emotions (within an instant) that bring on no feelings that are familiar to this world and life for me. As if my consciousness shifts or changes slightly to an altered state for just a brief second while experiencing it.

They feel familiar, but at the same time they feel so weird.

Now, there is two things I can rationalize these out to be:

1. Perhaps it is a "memory" from a dream I had that I did not remember but my subconscious did remember it and I am slightly accessing it.

2. I am technically diagnosed with an anxiety/panic disorder (which has simmered down as of lately), and with that comes the psychological anomalies known as depersonalisation and derealization.

The latter would be a much more acceptable candidate for this feeling as both depersonalisation and derealization (DR) bring about feelings of general "weirdness" which is usually how I feel upon experiencing these thoughts. However, I experience DR all the time (I know that the symptoms aren't concrete), and it generally feels different than this.

An example of this would be: In my lavatory I have a bottle of "French lavender" soap. The first time I sniffed it, I had a glimpse of a memory of me standing in a bathroom in what looked like Victorian era England. I am only 19 and have never left the States so this couldn't be an actual memory, of course. Also, I know that is a poor example which is easily left to be scrutinized but it is the first one that popped in my head.

These memories feel like they are from another life; not my current life, but maybe a past one if they exist.

Any way, I am wondering if there is a psychological term for this? I don't do any drugs nor do I take medications (redundancy) and I am in good health except for the slight depression and anxiety. However, I am a pretty bad hypochondriac (one of the main reasons of my anxiety) and while I worry about my physical health a bit, I worry tremendously about my mental health.

So, I ask to you, do you think these "memories" could be the result of a psychological or neurological disorder? Perhaps it is just dream memories or stemmed from my derealization? Or is it something else? Maybe it's just an over-active imagination.

All input is much obliged.

Thank you.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ErroneousDylan

have you considered a spiritual explanation ? it could be a spirit, ghost, angel or demon interacting with your mind. it could be a "message" or a distraction, depends if the intention of the non-human being is good or evil.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I don't really have an answer for..just thought I would share..let you know you are not alone with this weirdness

I have always had deja vu , but the last year it has intensified. It used to just be out of the blue, a couple seconds then gone...no big deal.

but lately the events seem to be doubled? I will dream it, then experience it real time. The scary part lately is in the dream they end "badly"..so then when it repeats real time and I am on edge till it's over, each time it has ended right before the traumatic ending and goes a different way. I am close to panic attacks each time...needless to say I have been walking around with constant butterflies in my stomach.

So i have been thinking..is it a second chance. Is something saying "look, timelines can change" or like you say can it be past/future time (like yours) or view to other dimension, maybe the bad ending is "elsewhere" other dimension...it's crazy right?

Maybe we will never know.

PS..depression, anxiety disorder here..nice to meet you!

I will keep in touch with thread...has my head spinning.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

have you considered a spiritual explanation ? it could be a spirit, ghost, angel or demon interacting with your mind. it could be a "message" or a distraction, depends if the intention of the non-human being is good or evil.

Yes indeed, I have. That is my main reason for posting it here. If I didn't believe there was a spiritual reason, then I would have simply placed this thread in the medical board. However, my parents are very "spiritual" (my father is Taoist and my mother is mainly Ayurvedic), and while I trust their knowledge, they always seem to jump to the conclusion that everything that happens is a "spiritual situation". Now, that my very well be true but I am very analytical and logical and like to look for more "realistic" (in terms of today's society) answers.

If I had to place a spiritual finger on it, I would say it is either: A) Intercepted thoughts from a connection to another Universe, B) Re-hashed thoughts from a previous life, C) Thoughts from another being due to connectivity (i.e. "Oneness"), or D) Premonitions.

However, all those things will get me judged as being crazy so I try not to place that finger til the very last.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
I don't really have an answer for..just thought I would share..let you know you are not alone with this weirdness

I have always had deja vu , but the last year it has intensified. It used to just be out of the blue, a couple seconds then gone...no big deal.

but lately the events seem to be doubled? I will dream it, then experience it real time. The scary part lately is in the dream they end "badly"..so then when it repeats real time and I am on edge till it's over, each time it has ended right before the traumatic ending and goes a different way. I am close to panic attacks each time...needless to say I have been walking around with constant butterflies in my stomach.

So i have been thinking..is it a second chance. Is something saying "look, timelines can change" or like you say can it be past/future time (like yours) or view to other dimension, maybe the bad ending is "elsewhere" other dimension...it's crazy right?

Maybe we will never know.

PS..depression, anxiety disorder here..nice to meet you!

I will keep in touch with thread...has my head spinning.

How coincidental that both your's and my moments of deja vu had escalated during this time. It is also extremely interesting that you experience them in your dream then in real life. That is something I have never dealt with! I can imagine the anxiety you must feel when you are expecting something terrible to happen. Still, while I would never wish anxiety on anyone, it is always nice to meet a fellow sufferer.

Perhaps timelines can change. That's not my best asset; figuring out how time works haha. Maybe it could also be a message to you saying "See, things don't really turn out as bad as you imagine." At least that seems to be the theme, post-anxiety.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I have of late been experiencing a lot more than average deja vu. Sometimes I recognize it from a dream I had and sometimes I cant put a finger on it. I know other people who have also been dealing with deja vu lately as well. I'm starting to wonder if the world is coming to a spiritual awakening.

From what I read in your post you said you were experiencing moments you felt were from another place/time. Now this is completely possible... allow me to explain.

Einstein's theory of relativity states that something that does not have mass is unaffected by time and space.

Now if you dissect a human body and weigh all the separate parts you will come up with the same mass as when the person is alive.

This means that your soul is wieghtless. Therefore it is unaffected by time. This is the "science" behind reincarnation.

Deja vu is like a memory jolt. A friend of mine said to me if you get deja vu you are walking the same life as your previous one.

It's up to you whether you wish to walk the same life as you did before. I say as long as your living ignorance free and open minded there's no way to go wrong.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

I'm so glad I clicked on this post, because you seem to be going through something similar to me. Mine started in 2008. I was having what I thought were dizzy spells, but really it seemed as though things were shifting around me. Like a glitch almost. At the same time as the dizzy spells occurred I kept getting a weird feeling of deja vu over the tiniest things. I'm only in my 30's so I was worried, but the doctors never found any reason for the dizzy spells and they stopped about a year later.

I found I started noticing little differences in what I remembered and what actually was. I've always had an exceptional memory, I could remember conversations word for word from years ago. I can still remember things from over 20 years ago in minute details. But my partner began referencing things I'd said, or we had done, and no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't remember those conversations, or things happening. When I try to remember those things there's just blankness.

Essentially nothing has changed in my world, my partner is still the same man I was with before the strange memory issues, I'm still in the same job, my family are the same people. It's just little things. Things I remember happening, but other people don't. Things they remember me doing that I don't.

On a world scale there are things that I remember that either never happened or are completely different to the last time I saw them.

I've been given a clean bill of health by my doctor so there's no medical cause for this. I've been reading a lot of similar posts over the last year or so, where people think that maybe we've switched timelines. I'm not sure if that is the case, but I do get the feeling that I don't really 'belong' here.

At the same time I'm seeing a significant rise in people with mental issues, and alzheimers in people who until recently were perfectly fine.

Who knows what has caused this, but with so many people having a similar experience, something is definitely going on.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by openeyeswideshut
I have of late been experiencing a lot more than average deja vu. Sometimes I recognize it from a dream I had and sometimes I cant put a finger on it. I know other people who have also been dealing with deja vu lately as well. I'm starting to wonder if the world is coming to a spiritual awakening.

From what I read in your post you said you were experiencing moments you felt were from another place/time. Now this is completely possible... allow me to explain.

Einstein's theory of relativity states that something that does not have mass is unaffected by time and space.

Now if you dissect a human body and weigh all the separate parts you will come up with the same mass as when the person is alive.

This means that your soul is wieghtless. Therefore it is unaffected by time. This is the "science" behind reincarnation.

Deja vu is like a memory jolt. A friend of mine said to me if you get deja vu you are walking the same life as your previous one.

It's up to you whether you wish to walk the same life as you did before. I say as long as your living ignorance free and open minded there's no way to go wrong.

Hm that is actually very quite interesting. Thank you for posting. I do believe in reincarnation but I still do not know much about it.

This is a bit of a dark time in my life, however. So, perhaps, I truly am falling to the perils of my past life.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Eirian

Glad to hear that you are in good health from your doctor!

I wonder, do you experiencing any of these symptoms as well?: I get dizzy spells too, however, I also get these little things that I would call "brain zaps" or "brain ticks". Sometimes I can think about something or just be doing nothing and I'll have an extremely istant moment where all of time seems to stop and then start right backup again. It is like a very fast jolt of consciousness shutting off and back on.

I have researched this a little it and was only able to find out these things from it: It is somewhat common with people who have anxiety but it is usually a result from SSRI withdrawal syndrome. I have never taken medicine though so that would count me out.

Another conclusion I can come to is that it is microsleep. Which can be a brief period of time (anywhere from a millisecond to 30 seconds of time!) where one falls asleep and then wakes up without realizing they have fallen asleep. I do have sleeping problems but I am not sure that is it.

Also, it seems to happen a lot when I think about something. As if I am losing myself in the moment of thought. I'll think and then reality no longer exists and then when I stop it's like "Oh.. here I am again."

Either that or it is a temporal lobe seizure, but I doubt that as well.

Amongst other symptoms I do have one's that seem to match up with Alzheimer's, like you had mentioned. I forget things so easily lately, usually almost instantly. I'll walk into the bathroom to brush my teeth and either do something entirely different or forget why I even went in there! Sometimes I'll forget how to write a word or my mind will actually read two words together and combine them. It's maddness. Of course, that is simply a result of a stressed and distracted mind haha.

I'm interested in your thoughts on this "switched timelines" that sounds very intriguing to me.

Two conclusion I have about all these mental problems would be 1) The world is pretty corrupt and stressful lately which stress, of course, is usually the cause for mental problems. However, is the world any more stressful than it was previously? I haven't lived long enough in the past to make that assessment.

2) The electronic age. That derealization I talked about earlier has one major symptom which is that things look "fake" or "plastic", usually when people go outside. The tie I made from anxiety is that, when you are anxious you have an above-average release of adrenaline and cortisol release in the body. These chemicals cause your visual focus to narrow so that when you are in an emergency situation you can detect the slightest changes in your environment, in case of predators. This narrowing of focus would cause you to have depth-perception problems and items would appear less "real" because they would look more 2D than 3D. That's why I think derealization occurs.

However, I notice the exact same thing form my prolonged, chronic use of a computer. From staring at the computer screen so long I now have the same narrowed focus because I only need to look a head of me a few inches and in the same spot. So, now, when I go out I get the same feeling of derealization without all the chemicals in my bloodstream. On top of that, I have other visual problems like visual static, migraine headaches from eye strain, and of course there are plenty of other physical symptoms that are results of just sitting infront of a computer all day, physical symptoms that affect the body pretty badly.

On top of that, we don't have to remember anything any more! Phones save our numbers for us, I can't remember anyone's number except my own. I used to remember all of them before I had a contact list on my phone! If we forget something we can just look it up on Google.com so there is no reason to remember anything. We know that answers are just a click away so why let our mind's do the work?

It may be just silly talk but I feel that electronics and a sedentary lifestyle that is so easy to obtain these days are a good factor in people getting physical and mental illness. Of course, there are great benefits from electronics too but I feel the abuse and overuse of them can be destructive. Just my thoughts. Sorry for the rambling on haha.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I have experienced deja vu and a sense of different timelines. I even brought a working boiler from another timeline to my one.

This year we have had a lot more happening. I even made a thread about my family's experiences;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then another poster suggested I opened up a Timeline watch 2012. BUt I think it is too wacky for most people to believe.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Weirdly I have had less deja vus than before, as if I have to rely on something else, as I believe they are given to us for lessons to learn. Or they may just be ripples going back in time, from future events.

Past lives can be explained by our vibration being close to somebody who had previously lived on Earth, and the Akashic records being accessed.

MOst psychic people end up with a cetain amount of anxiety or depression disorders, my whole maternal family have problems with this, as they are really psychic. Have you looked at that you may be psychic?

peace

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

Well, my father always claimed to me that his mother was a psychic, or at least had strange psychic phenomenon always happen around her.

I have had wild coincidences happen around me but I believe it is just due to my cognitive ability to see patterns. I wouldn't claim I have any psychic abilities. But anything is possible, right?

Thank you for sharing with me your personal experiences involving your family. I can't wait to read your threads!
edit on 30-3-2012 by ErroneousDylan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

It is common with SSRI withdrawal as you said....it makes you very physically I'll.

But...let me tell you this....I was having those brain zaps most of my life and thought I was crazy.

About 5 years ago the dr put me on SSRI for the first time.....no more brain zaps.
So I looked into it...low levels of SSRI in your brain cause these zaps...it doesn't only occur with withdrawal, it is naturally occurring if your brain chemistry is off kilter.

I have the reoccurring dizzy spells also and in 2008 I also felt a great change in my life.....things were just different even though technically they were the same. At first I just thought it was a change of luck, things went from great to awful almost over night and I just feel something is wrong or off.

I keep telling my husband I think we were cursed or something. But it's more than just a run of bad luck something went wrong somewhere I am sure of it.

My mother has also been going thru the same things as me, the deja vu increase, dizzy spells...something off or foreign. She is convinced a big change is coming.

I also have been wondering about a timeline change.

Another theory I had was about the Mayan calendar 2012 stuff.

The say we go thru cycles every so many thousand years and this year will be the end of the fifth cycle of earth, then their calendar is blank.

What if we are on a time loop and the Mayans figured it out or were told about, the calendar could be their way of telling us. Maybe our souls are the same souls reliving every cycle and the fifth cycle is the last?

I also believe in this fifth cycle we ran out of souls, there are so many soulless people among us.

If this is our fifth time around it explains the déjà vu also.

It's a very rough theory, I know....but I have been thinking about it for about a month now.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Hm, interesting theory. I have heard a lot of Mystics say that there are, in fact, soulless people that walk among us. I have also heard people say that this is the "final hoorah". Not that that would result in something catastrophic like the end of the world, or Universe as we know it. But, perhaps, for us we are just waking up and the end of all this just means we won't have to come back and do it all again. We will finally be free from the cycle of life and death and simply get to live.

Also, I am glad you no longer experience these brain zaps. I worry about them too much and think things like "Am I suffering from a brain tumor?" Although I know that is nonsense.

I've had a bottle of Paxil sitting on my desk here for months. I never want to take it but if it helps, perhaps I should.

Also, I am sorry you are experiencing ill-fate right now. Just remember that you can't create a diamond without friction.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

lp527.
As it was told to me by the Universe.

The biggest and one mistake the universe did were giving you a soul with out your knowledge. SO, to make up for the mistake, you died, and you where rebirth.

You are witnessing why the universe passed judgment on you by you experiencing life once again, therefore it won’t be question when the universe doors are closed during judgment day.

Dejavu.
Memory.
Dreams coming true.
I have been here before scenario.
I have a memory of this.
Yadayadaya

Point blank.. We are all reliving why the universe sent 99.9% of all humans that’s on this planet a one way ticket straight to hell…Express!

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

lp527.

The biggest and one mistake the universe did were giving you a soul with out your knowledge. SO, to make up for the mistake, you died, and you where rebirth.

You are witnessing why the universe passed judgment on you by you experiencing life once again, therefore it won’t be question when the universe doors are closed during judgment day.

Dejavu.
Memory.
Dreams coming true.
I have a memory of this.
Yadayadaya

Point blank.. We are all reliving why the universe sent 99.9% of all humans that’s on this planet a one way ticket straight to hell…Express!

Interesting.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

Originally posted by LastProphet527

lp527.

Dejavu.
Memory.
Dreams coming true.
I have a memory of this.
Yadayadaya

Interesting.

one life in the unverse asked god on judgment day.

Why would you send me to hell, and i never even asked to be here in the first place,what kind of freaking judgment is that.how fair is that...LORD.

My son died for your sins. It was not an excuse to sin...big difference...To hell you GO-BAD HUMAN,DONT EVER QUESTION THE LORD!!!!

Then the republican angels came... along with the democratic angels, and they had a debate. After the debate, the lord waited for the last human on earth to die..., started over, and did not send one human to hell.

lp527.

So...now that you know this...change your life.

It’s a rerun, but this is the greatest gift god gave to humans.

‘To relive life and change’

It’s a big difference when you really don’t know what you’re doing.

It is straight to hell when you know what you are doing…and you still do it.

This... what i am explaining to you is nothing amazing...i just noticed that a>
'dejavue can not work, unless it was a future, that has been already read, from the past"

So next time you have that fealing that you have been here before...trust me...you have....matter a fact,dont trust me...trust what you see and explain it to your self.

edit on 30-3-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-3-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I have had these "ghost" memories all of my life. Some of them are triggered when I see a certain area or place that I am sure I dreamed of. I have been through areas where I look around and recognize it from a dream. Or I hear a sound or a smell and have a faint memory of events that never happened. It always feels like something is hidden, just out of sight....if that makes sense.

I think these are just brain farts, if you will. But they do feel sooo real.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

It definitely helps the zaps go away and it clears up the brain fog ..it takes a week or two to really feel it.
If you cry alot that eases too, and it hasn't stunted my "awakening" or numbed me. I think because I have been on it so long, it's time for an alteration.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by VekTorVik
I have had these "ghost" memories all of my life. Some of them are triggered when I see a certain area or place that I am sure I dreamed of. I have been through areas where I look around and recognize it from a dream. Or I hear a sound or a smell and have a faint memory of events that never happened. It always feels like something is hidden, just out of sight....if that makes sense.

I think these are just brain farts, if you will. But they do feel sooo real.

"Ghost memories". I like that. That is a good term to describe them. I assume what I am feeling is the same. Looking at something or smelling something usually gives me the same trigger you speak of, especially smell (which I believe they say smell triggers all memories the best).

I know what you mean. It's like... you can almost recall the event but not really cognitively.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

I had to be on SSRI's for a while, but I came off them as I didn't like how numb I was as a person. I'm taking Royal Jelly now and feel much happier. It was quite strange how I came to need them. As I said it began in 2008. Suddenly things just seemed 'off' like you said. I've always had a good internal clock and could tell the time without needing a watch really, but the sun seemed to be not in the right place for the time of day the clock said, and my own internal clock was out by about an hour. Then I started to find that I was not coping with things anymore, little things sent me off kilter. I was losing my temper more frequently, and I went into meltdown. This was not me at all, because I have not had the easiest of lives, but I have always been strong and mentally sound. The doctors didn't want me to go on anti depressants, but there came a time where it all got too much and I asked for them, so they gave me a mild dose. As I said they made me numb, I couldn't even cry. So I came off them, and bounced off the walls until I got on the Royal Jelly earlier this year. Now I feel so much better and balanced. But I still know something is not right with this 'world' I'm in.

Things also began to go a bit off for me too from 2008. Whereas I was able to move from one job to another easily, now I can't even get an interview, and I've been stuck in this job for 5 years. I'm also stuck in the house we moved to in 2008, where the traffic is bad I struggle to get to work every day, there is constant noise and light pollution so I can't sleep well. It's awful.

I believe what you say about soulless people. I see how the world has changed, and so quickly too. Sometimes I'm not even certain if this world we are in is real, that's how odd things have become.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join