It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wait, Did CNN Just Lose HALF Of Its Viewers?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+126 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Wait, Did CNN Just Lose HALF Of Its Viewers?

www.businessinsider.com

For the month of March, CNN was down -50% in total viewers and down -60% in A25-54 viewers (Total Day).the viewer exodus is not limited to CNN, though..."Fox News is down -17%..."

Perhaps, if I may be so bold, this is what happens to you when you continue to report stories that no longer resemble -- even remotely -- what your own viewers see outside their windows and apartments
(visit the link for the full news article)

+60 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Interesting CNN and FOX are losing viewers like a sieve loses water.

This is what happens when you turn a once-objective news source into non-stop 24-hour-a-day shilling and propaganda.

People are waking up to the MSM lies. O happy day!

The article goes on to note: "They are turning to independent shows, like mine, and like The Young Turks... they are turning to news sites like The Huffington Post and Daily Caller... " Press TV is also up

And maybe ATS?

www.businessinsider.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

Well said. I have nothing else to say on this matter. You did it for me.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
could be due to the change-over to the digital box which they made mandatory,
I use to watch CNN until the switch.

+40 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The comments section is actually pretty accurate, too. Talks about how the mainstream media is just controlled by TPTB and isn't reporting facts but propaganda, and that people are fed up with it. More and more of my friends are finding it out too and talking about it lately.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

When did this happen? I don't watch tv so all I heard about was that back in 2000 we were supposed to go digital, then nothing for like a decade.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Hope so

Have not watched their bad/biased/msm ------ CRAP in 10 years

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I suppose you didn't notice that the news article cited by the blog in the OP contained the following:

All the cable news networks were down compared to the first quarter a year ago (Q1 2011) due to extensive coverage of the Japan earthquake/tsunami and the Arab Spring.

+45 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I blame Zionism (NOT the Jewish people - big difference).

CNN and FOX have become 24-7 Zionist shills. It's all pro-Isreal, all the time.

Makes me freaking sick. I live in the US, not Israel. I'm sick of having our media turened into an endless 24-7 zionist propaganda outlet. How did this happen, when did this happen? Oops we aren't allowed to talk about that, are we? Funny how that works, isn't it?

Fortunately, people are waking up. People are sick of seeing the US dragged into the ground to serve Zionist agendas.

Your time is gonna, come, Israel-firsters!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

That happened years ago, and analog tv set owners only account for 1/10 of USA tv owners anyway, so there is no possibility the digital change-over is related to CNN losing viewers.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Guess its time for another disaster to keep people interested, then.

We had GOM/BP oil in 2010, Japan in 2011. Wonder what kind of a monster horrorshow they will cook up for us next?

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Funny all Fifty viewers must've went to florida to protest.... Does CNN count its employees as viewers?

Everyone I know is switching over to RT news because it at least reports news that is news..

People are tired of the drama and opinions

If your a news station report the F.ing news...

Don't exploit peoples horrors for your profit

Report news.... not propaganda

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheXoor
reply to post by charles1952

Guess its time for another disaster to keep people interested, then.

We had GOM/BP oil in 2010, Japan in 2011. Wonder what kind of a monster horrorshow they will cook up for us next?

Call this a wild ass guess, TheXoor, but my guess would be stoking racial tensions to try to get some good ole' civil disorder going.

+32 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
That must be part of the reason both FOX and CNN are trashing the hit movie, The Hunger Games. Both networks have complained that the MSM is portrayed as the bad guy in the movie.....I cracked up when I heard them whine like petulant children...

Des

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

I guess people are just waking up and realizing there War Hyping and propaganda, Good i hope they lose more Viewers for all the lies they have created during Yugoslavian war and Libya,Sryia.

Now that's what i call Karma.

+32 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
The problem is, however, that the garbage is just moving online. Witness how inundated this site has been with talk of mindless non-news like Kony and Trayvon Martin over the past two weeks.

TV might be dying, but the Internet is slowly becoming the new TV.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Leftist

Go go global awareness.
Oh and er...down with Rupert Murdoch and other media controlling moguls.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
The problem is, however, that the garbage is just moving online. Witness how inundated this site has been with talk of mindless non-news like Kony and Trayvon Martin over the past two weeks.

TV might be dying, but the Internet is slowly becoming the new TV.

The big difference between TV and the internet...we actually discuss the news here. We aren't just sitting on our butts, being spoon fed only one flavor. The internet is much more biased than tv could be the way it is now.

Des

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Couldn't possibly have anything to do with more and more people no longer being able to afford cable/dish. Trim the fat with the non-essentials.

Back to basic television. But it's just as bad.. Slowly, the perfect people portrayed by television become less and less relevant... White trash chic no longer applies... People realize reality tv is the furthest thing from reality. Wishful thinking.

I'm glad tho... people need less distraction, and the parasites that feed off of us will hopefully starve as well. Sad that the host has to die to harm the parasite.
edit on 29-3-2012 by Bobaganoosh because: afterthought

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The Trayvon Martin hoax sure helped.

Maybe a revolution is on the rise? Sign me up!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join