It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

military movement in tennessee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
not sure if this is the right forum ... so mods do your thing ... ok this pic is from tullahoma,tn. there is Arnold AFB in tullahoma so it's not uncommon to see such things, only ther was a line about 15 long and yesterday the railtracks were transporting desert camo tanks and somekind of warthog looking trucks ... just a bit odd and wondering if anyone may have a clue as to where they're headed to

ok well can i u2u this pic to someone to upload bc i cant figure out how to upload this pic fom my computer [thanks]

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 42sadhu

I'm pretty sure you have to host in on a separate site like photobucket bc of all the costs of image hosting here on ATS. hope it helps

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 42sadhu

Don't think I need to see a pic...

More than likely they are doing a Railhead...basically moving equipment via rail road. It is common for the military to do this, whether they are going to JRTC or off to real war games.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Follow this LINK and select the picture you want to upload. Then right click on the picture and copy URL. Paste URL into the image icon on the ATS page and Voila.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
ok well the line of trucks that i think my friend is about to upload is on the street at a redlight

edit on 29-3-2012 by 42sadhu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The OP sent me the pic...here it is for your viewing!

ETA: The OP figured it out I see...so now you have two of them to look at!

edit on 29-3-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

THANK YOU SIR!!!!!

link   
reply to post by jerryznv

THANK YOU TOO haha sorry

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I don't think that any sight of military vehicles should be suspicious when you are in a town that borders a military base/facility...

Tullahoma borders Arnold AFB.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 42sadhu

Speaking as a non-American I find it astounding, possibly even frightening, how much military equipment you guys have. It is literally mind blowing. I've seen youtube vids of mile long trains (possibly longer!
) full of tanks and jeeps and similar just being moved. I'd dread to think how much there is in total. Mindless madness. Imagine all that money doing something useful and helpful instead.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by youdidntseeme

yea like i said it's not uncommon to see such things due to the AFB but the only reason it stands out is because the amount over the past couple of days has been WAY above the norm

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

yes it is really nothing to see long convoys on our interstate system and highways

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Go to ATS tools, then click ats uploads upload pic. then click pic, and will give you different codes for what your posting, took me awhile to figure it out

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Buddy are they by any chance headed to the airport?AFbase?
Do they fly transports out of there?
maybe they are getting air lifted?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Now that is a good and pertinent question!

OP Are you close-ish to a military airfield?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

no they are heading north-eastbound out toward I-24east ... my only guess is heading toward chatanooga but thats just a random guess

basically they were not going toward the base they were heading toward manchester which is where the exit for the interstate is

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 42sadhu

My guess is if they are going from tullahoma up to Manchester then they are most likely headed to fort Campbell in clarksville. They might have even come up from fort benning in GA or even fort stewart.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The pic shows a convoy of HIMARs. Basically a smaller wheeled version of the tracked MLRS. (Multiple Rocket Launch System).

Nothing really.

top topics

join