It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why there's good reason to believe the "Abomination that Causes Desolations" will happen this spr

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
The biblical prophecies are so vague that you can interpret them to mean so many different things, as is evident in this tiny thread. There are many, many more ideas out there than what is even shown here.

Again, I ask you, how is an unbeliever like myself, who sits on the outside looking in, supposed to believe any of it? Yet, according to the bible, since I can't muster the faith to believe in it (which would possibly ensure that I ask for forgiveness from this god), I will burn for all eternity.....

Secondly, who is the holy spirit guiding here for the correct interpretation of the scripture, and how do you know?
edit on 30-3-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

There are various interpretations of end time prophecies, but it doesn't mean that the prophecies aren't true. True interpretations get revealed and wrong ones get forgotten.

How are you supposed to believe any of it? Fulfilled prophecy is the supernatural evidence that the Bible's claims are the truth; that the Torah and the Prophets were given to mankind from a source with foreknowledge of the entire history of Israel and the surrounding nations. History, itself verifies the Bible's claims of divinity.

But you'll never believe it if you just listen to other people talking about it. See it for yourself. Pick up some history books. Pick up the Bible. And if you can't believe what it is claiming, then at least study it for the sake of understanding the roots of western culture. Even in that context, you're bound to learn a great deal from it that you'd never hear about in church or from your peers. We are all responsible for shaping our own belief systems; for putting in our own study time. Don't put in on "Christians that you know" or anyone else to be your source of info on the matter. You have to go to the source material yourself.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Everyone can be one of the Remnant. Believe what you are shown
during the Great Warning. Only God can show you details of your life.

When the anti-Christ's evil comes to round up believers and take them to the camps, in the name of Jesus Christ, call on your Guardian Angel to guide you and your family to the refuges. Trust in God, you won't be
seen.

Same as the first Christians, there will be some martyrs but all in God's
Will.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Hydroman,

I would just add also, that being an "unbeliever" doesn't guarantee you a place in the "lake of fire". Studying the text for yourself would hopefully clear up a lot of misconceptions, including that one.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Arietis
Fulfilled prophecy is the supernatural evidence that the Bible's claims are the truth; that the Torah and the Prophets were given to mankind from a source with foreknowledge of the entire history of Israel and the surrounding nations.
No. You only assume a prophecy was speaking about a certain event. Again, it's open to how you interpret it because of the vagueness of it.

You have to go to the source material yourself.
Again, I don't have a holy spirit guiding me to help me understand. So, when I read it and question things, I will be told it is because the holy spirit isn't guiding me since I'm an unbeliever.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Hydroman,

I would just add also, that being an "unbeliever" doesn't guarantee you a place in the "lake of fire". Studying the text for yourself would hopefully clear up a lot of misconceptions, including that one.
Again, it is open for interpretation. I belonged to a church where some people believed that sinners will be cast into the lake of fire, and some people did not believe that, lol. How can this be if they are all guided by the holy spirit? If they aren't all guided by the holy spirit, which ones are and how do you know?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Hydroman

You seem to be more concerned about what other people believe; others in your former church, others on this thread. You demand that we tell you why you should believe. But no one is obligated to tell you those things. To seek after truth is a personal journey.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
The world will be "desolate" without the "grace" of God's presence in
the Holy Eucharist. Only for a time, thank the Lord.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Fulfilled prophecy is the supernatural evidence that the Bible's claims are the truth; that the Torah and the Prophets were given to mankind from a source with foreknowledge of the entire history of Israel and the surrounding nations.
No. You only assume a prophecy was speaking about a certain event. Again, it's open to how you interpret it because of the vagueness of it.

You say it's vague.

I say it's specific and precise.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

You seem to be more concerned about what other people believe; others in your former church, others on this thread. You demand that we tell you why you should believe. But no one is obligated to tell you those things. To seek after truth is a personal journey.
I agree it is a personal journey. Listening to what other people believe and why they believe it is part of that journey for me. Doesn't that seem fair?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Let's see then. What will be the mark of the beast?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

I agree it is a personal journey. Listening to what other people believe and why they believe it is part of that journey for me. Doesn't that seem fair?

That seems fair.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Let's see then. What will be the mark of the beast?

When it shows up, we'll know. Just as all fulfilled prophecy is clearly seen with hindsight.

Until then, countless speculations will abound.

I'm of the opinion that the verse is a reference to the carbon atom, and that the mark will have everything to do with the so called "carbon footprint", but I'm not so arrogant to think I can't be wrong about that.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
Everyone can be one of the Remnant. Believe what you are shown
during the Great Warning. Only God can show you details of your life.

When the anti-Christ's evil comes to round up believers and take them to the camps, in the name of Jesus Christ, call on your Guardian Angel to guide you and your family to the refuges. Trust in God, you won't be
seen.

Same as the first Christians, there will be some martyrs but all in God's
Will.

God protects the faithful, you will go on Eagle's Wings to the refuges.
Above the persecution to say...unseen.

Revelation 12:14
And there were given to the woman two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the desert unto her place, where she is nourished for a time and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

When it shows up, we'll know. Just as all fulfilled prophecy is clearly seen with hindsight.

Until then, countless speculations will abound.

I'm of the opinion that the verse is a reference to the carbon atom, and that the mark will have everything to do with the so called "carbon footprint", but I'm not so arrogant to think I can't be wrong about that.
What does the holy spirit tell you that it is?

Next, you won't know what the prophecy is until it has already passed? What good is it then?

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Except for all those times he did not protect the faithful you mean...

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Except for all those times he did not protect the faithful you mean...

Hydroman,

You gotta trust God, realize He is perfect love, we know human beings
disappoint. God put you in this time, it is His desire that you be part of
the Remnant. After the Great Tribulation and the Chastisement, the
New time will be astounding, like Heaven here.

God bless you,

colbe

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Sheikh Imran Hussein studies or has studied Islamic Eschatology for his whole life, hes about 70+, and he's saying that the war between Gog and Magog may begin as soon as 5-10 years. Meaning that Nato is either Gog and Russian allies are Magog I think or vice versa. And that Israel will take over the world government and be the ruling state of the world. And the anti-Christ will appear after this has happened, the Jews are waiting for a severe punishment.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Hydroman,

You gotta trust God, realize He is perfect love, we know human beings
disappoint. God put you in this time, it is His desire that you be part of
the Remnant. After the Great Tribulation and the Chastisement, the
New time will be astounding, like Heaven here.

God bless you,

colbe
I believe that it is easier said that done. First, you must prove that gods exist. Next, you must prove it is in fact your god that exists.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Colbe, I agree with you that the remnant will be taken on the two wings of a great eagle to a place that is out of reach of the dragon's kingdom, as stated in Revelation.

My understanding of it is that a remnant in Israel will be evacuated to America, which is the great eagle torn from the back of the lion as described in Daniel. At the time of the abomination, Jesus counsels those in Judea to escape, as their city Jerusalem is being downtrodden.

The purpose of this thread is to closely follow the events involving the "March to Jerusalem" which began earlier today and to discuss the possibility that this march will lead to the "abomination that causes desolations". For this to occur, the Islamic militants will have to take control of what was planned to be a peaceful protest and turn into into a massive invasion of Israel by civilian foot soldiers who are willing to storm the borders of Israel from all sides and be willing to face martyrdom in the process.

Also, I was hoping this thread would be used to discuss the Jubilee calendar. See, I have reason to believe that Sept. 2015 will be a great Jubilee, the 40th Jubilee from the start of Christ's ministry in 28 AD, the 70th Jubilee from when the children of Israel moved into the promised land after their sojourn in the wilderness, the 80th Jubilee from the call of Abraham, and the 120th Jubilee from the fall of Adam and Eve.

God said in Genesis that His spirit would only strive with man for 120 years. I believe that refers to 120 Jubilees, which according to my detailed research will end in 2015. That means the spring of 2012 will be the time of the abomination. For this to occur, a great uprising against Jerusalem must occur. That's why this March of Jerusalem today is so important to watch.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by hab22

'There is so much more that I can tell you. One step at a time'.

Dont hold back, if you have something to tell us then please fell free to pass it on, because if what you are saying is true then it will begin soon and the more evidence we have the better prepared we will be......

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join