It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are running out of water.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
We are not running out of water. We are not keeping up with the ability to purify/desalinate it. The tech is there to do it.

[/logical conclusion][/thread][/end]

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I did see on this site
there is a group of men
that brag about how they turn
1 ton of kerosene into 1.24 tons of water.
I think everyone should head over there and help them save the planet.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
We live on a 70% water planet! If anyone could ever believe we are running low on water, I've got a big red bridge for sale near a large metropolitan city!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leftist
Water is one of the few commodities considered by most to be a human right. From the pump on the town common of an old village to drinking fountains everywhere, its one of the few necessities you can usually find a way to get free in most place

In this sense, water rights represent a kind of quasi-communist sensibility. If only the same were true for all other commodities!

However, even so, capitalism won't rest. "Bottled Water" is an insiduous example. By convincing people they need bottled water (which often has zero real difference from freely avaiable tap water), they are seeking to erode the sensibility that understands water as a free right.
edit on 3/29/2012 by Leftist because: (no reason given)

As a young man I was trained in a cold war, duck and cover, more tax's, etc.
I love how communists are pointing out my,
Fascist New World.
Helps me to deal with it,
in some weird way.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Here's a really good full length documentary on the World water crisis.

FLOW - For Love Of Water - Full Length

www.youtube.com...

Irena Salina's award-winning documentary investigation into what experts label the most important political and environmental issue of the 21st Century - The World Water Crisis.

Salina builds a case against the growing privatization of the world's dwindling fresh water supply with an unflinching focus on politics, pollution, human rights, and the emergence of a domineering world water cartel.

Interviews with scientists and activists intelligently reveal the rapidly building crisis, at both the global and human scale, and the film introduces many of the governmental and corporate culprits behind the water grab, while begging the question 'CAN ANYONE REALLY OWN WATER?'

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I live only about ten blocks from lake michigan,im good for awhile unless someone pulls that imaginary plug

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
https: //en. wikipedia. org/wiki/Slingshot_(water_vapor_distillation_system)

... /end thread
edit on 29-3-2012 by mojo2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I say again, 70% water planet! It's not like water is evaporating into space or aliens are stealing it. It will always be here unless the sun bakes off our atmosphere and dries our planet out!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I am getting bored with stories from links and video on the internet.
I want to hear story of how you hauled water, how much and why.

2 months ago Mountain on Fire!
Well Broke!
Me and wife for 7 hours haul water in,
hook to 12 volt pump spraying water on house,
to save our way of life.
Wind kept fire on top of mountain we lucky that day.

You people, says internet says this, UN says that,
Boring!
No story of water in your life.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The amount of water on the planet is not the problem. The purity of it is. In the mideast region today they face the problem now that the US might face in the future. They have the money to build desalination plants on a huge scale. They are very expensive, difficult to clean and maintain and don't produce that much water per capita.

But they have the money (from oil) so they do it. They have to, they live in a desert. These plants steam distill water which is the best method and the costliest. More and more countries are getting into this mode, because it literally is becoming the most viable alternative to pollution and shrinking aquifers.

mideast desalination plants

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Only 2% of the Worlds water is fresh water.

You can not get enough water from desalinization plants to use in farming.

The underground aquifer in the central USA has gone from an average of 250 feet deep to 80 feet deep.

Soon the farms in mid America will dry up unless this is taken serious.

The people with the money already know this and are way ahead of the game buying up rights to water- and building private infrastructure to deliver water to farms and communities.

You should look into this deeper. It's not a joke.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
It's useless, okay we're all really in trouble now cause we are all gonna die of thirst on this 70% water planet. Some people will buy anything!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Every prophet and prophecy mentions water shortages.I live on an area where a famous brand of spring water is bottled.Their well depth has dropped over a 100 ft in the last 7 years and they are fretting.All the local wells are dropping

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
Every prophet and prophecy mentions water shortages.I live on an area where a famous brand of spring water is bottled.Their well depth has dropped over a 100 ft in the last 7 years and they are fretting.All the local wells are dropping

For the non-believers, especially in the west, can you explain why people like T Boone Pickens have purchased virtually all of the water rights for the entire Ogolala aquafer?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
In the future, ground water will be more expensive then gasoline.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Yosemite Sam

We tap the Miocene Aquafier.Pickens not only bought the water he bought rights of ways for pipelines to carry it all the way across N Central Texas.Smart man.Very smart

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
reply to post by cavalryscout

When the polar caps melt they raise see level a few millimeters. I don't think that the water level is decreasing despite those reports.

Re: OP... the earth is 71% covered with water, 3% of that as fresh water. We are not running out of water. We are not keeping up with the ability to purify/desalinate it. The tech is there to do it.

edit on 28-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: oops.. 10%. Not sure how I biffed that.

Let's get even more creepy. The human body is composed of 90% water, maybe we can reclaim that as well?
prior to burial or cremation.

Lord knows there are enough of us already using up the various resources.

No attack intended, and upon reading, I'm not sure I am even being sarcastically humorous.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
No matter where you live,every household should own one of the Berkely models,..I resisted then caught a Royal Berkely on sale.Really good for day to day removal of added crap from tap water and will allow you to drink creek water in a real bind.Good investment
No chlorine or fluoride,pesticides or sediment

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Shortage of water isn't the problem. Water doesn't just vanish....

The problem is overpopulation, as usual.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
reply to post by Yosemite Sam

We tap the Miocene Aquafier.Pickens not only bought the water he bought rights of ways for pipelines to carry it all the way across N Central Texas.Smart man.Very smart

Smart? Well yeah! Before that, he bought more natural gas rights in this country than can be pushed out the back ends of 3/4's of the worlds cows. He has no problem paying for the......well what ever.....for his next 200 lives.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join