It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is matter? No one knows.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Baron01

I'd rather be a person of sub-normal intelligence to than to be a fool that rejects proof and evidence...

I actually research the things I don't understand and even if they lead to a conclusion I don't like, I accept it because it is truth, and that is all that matters.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Baron01

I'd rather be a person of sub-normal intelligence to than to be a fool that rejects proof and evidence...

I actually research the things I don't understand and even if they lead to a conclusion I don't like, I accept it because it is truth, and that is all that matters.

All of your posts leads to the conclusion that your intelligence is hard to find. You research someone else his believes on the web and then you make it your own.

moron!
edit on 28-3-2012 by Baron01 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2012 by Baron01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I'm done with you.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I tend to think that matter is what happens when there is a vortex that spirals down into another dimension, and there are so many vortexes close to each other that they get all jammed up against each other to the point where there's no relative movement. Too many holes to fall down into.

Yeah, it's nuts.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
I tend to think that matter is what happens when there is a vortex that spirals down into another dimension, and there are so many vortexes close to each other that they get all jammed up against each other to the point where there's no relative movement. Too many holes to fall down into.

Yeah, it's nuts.

without movement there wouldn't be any matter.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baron01

All of your posts leads to the conclusion that your intelligence is hard to find. You research someone else his believes on the web and then you make it your own.

Research done by scientists on the eyes of the butterfly is not "belief". So piss off, I'm not a moron. I am done talking to you about this subject.

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Yeah, it's nuts.

That's too creative for me. Usually things start of simple and than become complex. So I doubt there were vortexes and other dimensions and all of this, but it is a very interesting theory. Some say that all things have a duality of "vortex" and "matter" and that even the sun and earth have a vortex at its core. very interesting theory.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Research done by scientists on the eyes of the butterfly is not "belief". So piss off, I'm not a moron. I am done talking to you about this subject.

It becomes very clear that you shouldn't be left alone with sharp objects and children. It also must be very easy to manipulate you.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

i studied chitlins on youtube.
so basically, matter is like pig intestines.
the further you take it, the closer you are to being an arse.
brass is bronze and is basically infinite density.
iron is strong yet carbon planet IS diamond planet.
iron is stronger than brass, having infinite density properties. Carbon is diamond.
Diamond matter is real.
only carbon.
just like carbonated water becomes soda with flavor, a carbon planet can become a matter of preference with the right wives.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Baron01

You almighty being you that I must bow down to. Prove to me in a VERY VERY VERY detailed analysis that butterflies don't see more colors than humans. I myself am fully colorblind see only black and white. So what your saying is I would be a complete idiot to say that other people do see color? Or am I just inferior to what you call your sorry ignorant life. This thread is about energy not about butterfly vision which is a fact. So please give me an explanation that butterflies less colors.
Im sure im not going to be the only one to laugh at the sorry thing you call answers.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KennyDurazo

i studied chitlins on youtube.
so basically, matter is like pig intestines.
the further you take it, the closer you are to being an arse.
brass is bronze and is basically infinite density.
iron is strong yet carbon planet IS diamond planet.
iron is stronger than brass, having infinite density properties. Carbon is diamond.
Diamond matter is real.
only carbon.
just like carbonated water becomes soda with flavor, a carbon planet can become a matter of preference with the right wives.

I'm not sure I follow you so can you clarify this post?

Also, I am very interested in carbon/diamond/Planet as of recent as well.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Look up white dwarfs. They have large amounts of carbon that have been condensed into supposed diamond. The stars are planet sizes in nature thus a diamond planet.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonoraUndergroundLabs
reply to post by Baron01

You almighty being you that I must bow down to. Prove to me in a VERY VERY VERY detailed analysis that butterflies don't see more colors than humans. I myself am fully colorblind see only black and white. So what your saying is I would be a complete idiot to say that other people do see color? Or am I just inferior to what you call your sorry ignorant life. This thread is about energy not about butterfly vision which is a fact. So please give me an explanation that butterflies less colors.
Im sure im not going to be the only one to laugh at the sorry thing you call answers.

Because we can communicate with eachother we can tell which and how many colors we see. Now, how do you communicate with a butterfly and ask which and how many colors it sees? It's very obvious we humans cannot know what the butterfly sees. We can assume a butterfly sees more colors than us humans, but assuming is no proof.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Baron01

Its actually very simple. You just have to know how the eye works. I guess you skipped school when you learned about it.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Don't bother offering a scientific, objective definition, because there isn't one. That's why I put this in the philosophy forum. Which is pretty astonishing when you think about it. We know of 100+ combinations of protons, neutrons, and electrons, we learned that matter is a form of energy, we even defined energy as the ability to do work, but even as we figured out that the spacetime speed limit is 300,000 km/s, we failed to define what matter and energy actually IS.

So what IS it?

That which occupies space and has mass? ... ... okaaay... but what IS it?

Condensed energy? What does that even mean? Condensed 'ability to do work'. That still doesn't describe what it IS.

Physical substance. What IS it? No one knows for sure. I have an idea though. But I'd rather hear yours right now.

edit on 28-3-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

WTF?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Man, I knew this thread would come in handy.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Don't bother offering a scientific, objective definition, because there isn't one. That's why I put this in the philosophy forum. Which is pretty astonishing when you think about it. We know of 100+ combinations of protons, neutrons, and electrons, we learned that matter is a form of energy, we even defined energy as the ability to do work, but even as we figured out that the spacetime speed limit is 300,000 km/s, we failed to define what matter and energy actually IS.

So what IS it?

That which occupies space and has mass? ... ... okaaay... but what IS it?

Condensed energy? What does that even mean? Condensed 'ability to do work'. That still doesn't describe what it IS.

Physical substance. What IS it? No one knows for sure. I have an idea though. But I'd rather hear yours right now.

edit on 28-3-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

I know i know! It's a fairytale.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Peter Russell's Primacy of Consciousness Conference
Discussing the conundrum of consciousness itself to science and how it challenges our current paradigm of understanding and offers a new and deeper understanding towards ourselves, the cosmos as a whole, and beyond

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

It's theduality of ILLUSION,from your subjective awareness separating from your objective awareness.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
There are three kinds of matter:

#1 Matter

#2 Anti-Matter

#3 Doesn't Matter

Therefore, any objections to this post will be answered thus: Doesn't matter.
edit on 28-3-2012 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
M = E/Csquared

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

reply to post by smithjustinb

We percieve matter as solid because this way we can note the difference between objects and the space between objects. While matter/energy consists of tiny building blocks, everything is made of empty space.

This is very true. Even the building blocks are made up of smaller building blocks which are also made up of over 99% empty space. Even the macrocosm is 99% empty space. Your own relative size determines what is mostly empty space and what is not, but truthfully, everything is mostly empty space and the particles themselves against the back drop of that can barely be said to even exist at all. Yet we don't observe space, we observe the objects in space which we then use as references to define space. We observe objects because our conscious awareness is focused into a certain size so that things smaller appear as mostly form and things larger appear as mostly empty.

This is why I believe that particles don't really exist except as consciousness in which case they are only imagined.

You hit the nail right on the head Smithjustinb. Doesn't it sound holographic?

Personally I think matter is illusory being projected to our consciousness by a more powerful consciousness, possibly a "parent" consciousness. I think consciousness existed before "matter" and "matter" is what is used as a tool to confine consciousness to a simpler environment for learning purposes. For example you are confined to a classroom for preparation before you are unleashed to the wide world.

We are consciousness matter is an illusion.

-Alien

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join