It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets be real here. What if this was Zimmerman?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Would he be free and able to say it was self defense, or would he be in jail in an instance and have to prove it actually was self defense?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Please...

No more..... I can't take it....

This was enough 2 nights ago. Its not like the dialogue will change...

I vote to ban this story from the boards...

link   

edit on 28-3-2012 by dayve because: yepppppppp

link   
If that was George Zimmerman it'd be getting as much attention as the murder at Mississippi State...

It only matters when someone with light skin kills someone with dark skin... other way around... put it on the back page...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
What do you mean? He does look like that.

It's the media that called him white.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
GREENEYEDLEO HELLLLPPPPP!!!!!!

link   
Um, that is Zimmerman, just with a darker hue. Stupid questions deserve stupid answers right?

link   
are you people just trying to find every possible thing to make us all feel like complete crap for things that most of us here came to understand years ago. just stop, this is offensive and divisive as hell and serves itself just feeding the hate into the fire to burn even more, further and further, nowhere near where it needs to be. just me saying is all..

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I also find it very funny that you have millions of prodominately caucasions around the world, who are vocal about their complete disguss regarding Joseph Kony. I am sure you all know the story. Individuals and groups all around the world want his capture and even the "invisible children" foundation was created to "supposedly" aid in the capture of Kony and to shed light on the story. So my point is this without getting off topic. You have millions of people around the world fighting for the capture of Kony so he can stop taking the lives of "thousands" of innocent black men, women children and babies. Yet in this country, we can't even get justice for "1." Isn't that something...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I've seriously had enough of these threads. How many are there on this subject now? This has got to be the most ridiculous one of them yet. If you want to keep discussing this, please do it in an existing thread. There are dozens to choose from. I don't think we need any more new threads on this. It's starting to make ATS suck.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
Please...

I hope that you are not serious(and I don't think that you are). It is kind of crazy but I am never for banning ANY discussion.

People do much worse things when their voice is denied.

Perhaps the OP has a point. The question here is ...did the police act properly in dismissing this as nothing more than self defense. Were they correct in denying the family of the deceased their day in court. And if they acted inappropriately...why did they do this..then we can question whether race had anything to do with it.

Peace

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackManIsGod7

Would he be free and able to say it was self defense, or would he be in jail in an instance and have to prove it actually was self defense?

hmmmm.

What would happen if Mr Zimmerman was given due process,and be held to the old premise..

Innocent until proven guilty ??

The presumption of innocence, sometimes referred to by the Latin expression Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat, is the principle that one is considered innocent until proven guilty. Application of this principle is a legal right of the accused in a criminal trial, recognized in many nations. The burden of proof is thus on the prosecution, which has to collect and present enough compelling evidence to convince the trier of fact, who is restrained and ordered by law to consider only actual evidence and testimony that is legally admissible, and in most cases lawfully obtained, that the accused is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. If reasonable doubt remains, the accused is to be acquitted.

Presumption of innocence

Anything less,regardless on how this man is being Judged by the average American,The President,The Media,and those with an agenda,is wrong.

Period.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
Please...

I second the motion.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
So many prompt responses. Nice.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Then it would still deserve an investigation..

Does anyone really think the police shouldn't investigate this incident??

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yes, presume him innocent...

But also get his ass to court! Someone's dead. His gun was involved.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Then it would still deserve an investigation..

Does anyone really think the police shouldn't investigate this incident??

Yes.

Hes already guilty in EVERYONES eyes though. Right? So why not collect the bounty on him.......(sarcasm)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
What would happen if Mr Zimmerman was given due process,and be held to the old premise..

Innocent until proven guilty ??

Only, Zimmerman wasn't asked to prove anything in a court of law. He took the life of this kid and the department didn't even bother to carry out a thorough investigation of the events, Zimmerman was let off with no accountability and this assumption that his actions were legitimate (dead boys can't defend themselves huh?). No due process was given, Zimmerman was not held accountable, Trayvons parents were not even given the chance to lay their own charges. This herein lies the problem, something Zimmermans defenders can't get through their heads. Had the police department given a damn about Trayvons death to actually go through to court, there wouldn't be this kind of backlash. It's a shame it took a public outcry to actually get a proper investigation and court hearing going, it's a damn shame.

Don't worry though, Zimmerman will get his time in court soon, and people are learning from his actions.
edit on 28-3-2012 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Ban Guns...

Then no one can get shot!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackManIsGod7

I also find it very funny that you have millions of prodominately caucasions around the world, who are vocal about their complete disguss regarding Joseph Kony. \.

I dont find it "funny" at all. Whats funny about injustice? Why did you have to bring "color" into it? Why the racial overtones in this thread ? This is the exact reason why race stays an issue. People cant see past color. They refuse to to look at it,that we are human beings,above and beyond ANY color. I am mixed,and have seen my fair share of injustice. I can NEVER look at it as a color issue. I REFUSE to become like those who NEED to have it as an issue,as a crutch . To keep the hate alive. Expand your mind. Dont be a "race hustler".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join