It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Check out this Patent!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hey guys,

Couldn't find this posted all ready, I don't know if you can patent things that don't work?

Turns out you can patent anything anyway, but still check this out and see if it makes any sense in reality:

Pate nt

www.faqs.org...

www.google.com... =abstract&zoom=4#v=onepage&q&f=false

Does this like, mean anything?
edit on 27-3-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 27-3-2012 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Odd. Very odd.

Tubular shaped interstellar space craft

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I really have a hard difficult time taking this serious, must be in one of those moods

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Let's just say, it's not the duty of the patent office to evaluate a patent filing for scientific merit, only "to grant patents for the protection of inventions and to register trademarks." (1)

There are plenty of scientifically-unfounded patents issued (try looking up some perpetual motion machines or anti-grav devices). Just cause a patent is issued is no reason to think such a patent could ever actually function. Like this "spaceship-airplane-submarine" one.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Seems the person is trying to get a patent on his invention so that nobody else can build the same one and say they built it first. It is just a way of protecting his invention.

Hope that helps.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Nice find i have no idea about patent law unfortunatley

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

edit on 27-3-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Correct me if I am wrong.

Anyone can patent anything with the correct registration forms and fee money as long as it's not obvious or preexisting?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
On the second link faqs.org It won't let me copy and paste for some reason lol, but it says hull of said aircraft is comprised of the material Tungston steel? This stuff has been found in gold bars, and maybe just maybe this is why.

and the impact caps are cobalt steel.

edit on 27-3-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Prior art!

(This is total fiction. It utilizes the "atmosphere" of space, oops).

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

If your going to quote, quote it in context!

15. The method of claim 1, wherein a method for acquiring fuel in space, said fuel being ionized particles for operation of said craft, will comprise
a) acquiring said fuel, energy for operation from radiation induced atmospheres on moons, planetoids, asteroids, or other bodies in space, and,(b) said radiation induced atmospheres in space, being comprised of the noble gases: helium, neon, argon, krypton, xenon, and radon. Read more: www.faqs.org...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Awesome find! Cigar-shaped UFO type craft for sure! Hopefully we can get better insight from the other lovely ATSers out there!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Can anyone understand all this scientific jargon correctly?

I find this patent interesting because I've heard a similar account of how to make something like this work..

[0011]This craft will possess a proton accelerator located within center of craft, running from north pole to the south pole. As the plasma vortices narrow toward the north pole, protons impacting a cobalt steel cap in the front, will impact and divert to the left, providing fuel for the proton accelerator. In the rear of craft electrons will impact and divert to the right, from the cobalt steel cap, and the electrons will bind with the exiting protons which otherwise, would be attracted back to a now negatively charged craft, with loss of propulsive thrust. In the rear of craft, the vortex moving from center of craft toward the south pole, also narrowed providing electrons to neutralize the exiting protons. In the front of craft, impacting electrons divert to the right. Impacting protons in rear of craft will divert toward the front of craft. To accelerate this potential fuel, diversion devices at both the north end of craft, and the south end of craft, will propel diverted particles to opposite ends of craft, as shown in drawings FIGS. 13 and 14. Read more: www.faqs.org...

Or it could be bull...any one in the know here?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

[0007]This invention will permit travel in space. In view of a near miss of the earth by an asteroid during a recent tsunami, an asteroid impact that would have put us into the ice ages, and, in view of expected impacts by this asteroid in 2029 or 2036, this patent is highly opportune. The orbits of only ten percent of the asteroids are known. This craft is also a decontamination device within an atmosphere.

Looks like some Armageddon movie stuff

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Who would go thru the trouble of laying out designs and paying for a patent if it wasnt intended to be constructed?

I wonder who the poor bass-turd is who volunteered to take it on the first test flight.
edit on 27-3-2012 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This may be a real patent. Im not to sure.

He doesn't have to make this, he has to do nothing... Until someone comes along and uses any combination that is mentioned in his patent. Then he can come along and basically take them for everything their worth.

Imagine this patent got passed down a couple of generations when we might have a craft that operates in such fashion? (far out, but highly likely going to happen) His family would be set.

Having my doubts about this one though. Funny how patents work, you can invent an idea, pay to put it on paper(and not even have made one), and if anything copies it, peice of it is yours.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This may be a real patent. Im not to sure.

He doesn't have to make this, he has to do nothing... Until someone comes along and uses any combination that is mentioned in his patent. Then he can come along and basically take them for everything their worth.

Imagine this patent got passed down a couple of generations when we might have a craft that operates in such fashion? (far out, but highly likely going to happen) His family would be set.

Having my doubts about this one though. Funny how patents work, you can invent an idea, pay to put it on paper(and not even have made one), and if anything copies it, peice of it is yours.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by youwouldknow

It is a REAL patent
the question is whether it works or not......any one wanna build? lol

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by youwouldknow

It is a REAL patent
the question is whether it works or not......any one wanna build? lol

You pay...I'll play....

Des

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

LOL, I look you up when I win the lottery

Anyone wanna help me investigate the scientific authenticity of it? So far I've learned Tungsten and cobalt work well with electricity and magnetism. So reasonable choice of metals so far...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join