It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane Michigan government announces plan to destroy ranch livestock based on hair color and arrest

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
SHARIA LAW! coming soon to a town near YOU!

en.wikipedia.org...

That's almost what it seems like these days with some of the crazy stuff our Federal and local governments are doing. Like they are not coming right out and saying it; just force feeding us, one law at a time.
edit on 3/28/2012 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
racist profiling - and i really enjoy eating straight eared pigs - especially after a few six packs and lots n lots of bbq.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Oh god its the cattlecaust!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
WTF! Some people are so damn sick. Remember the million pigs buried alive by South Korea? Power to the people resisting those sick mother#ers. Humanity needs to weed out the evil bastards among us.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Meanwhile... somewhere tonight a family will go hungry.
Second line.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I'm from Michigan.

There are wild boar in Michigan that are an invasive species that kill our natural environment. They killed my dog. They destroy property, and they need to be stopped.

This is a popular decision in Michigan, as a large portion of the state are people that simply do not want these animals in the state lines.

If you are found harboring these illegal animals, you will face prosecution.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

This is obviously all about controlling the food supply! I have surmised that this would be the next direction of profits, control and genocide! How long will we let these unjust realities continue? This is not just about making money but about class warfare at the most basic level, through attrition! We must not allow this to continue! The longer we let this happen the harder it will be to stop! Wake up people this is just the beginnning!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Well, I have produced a lengthy, but succinct, email to WZZM news in regards to this whole thing.

I doubt it will see the light of day, but hey at least I tried. I believe that if this is brought to public light, then at least we can get some clarification from the MDNR on what exactly this will mean to private farms.

I don't think any sensible person would disagree that wild sus are a good thing. They are invasive and destructive. However, I also believe that responsible people who have domesticated these animals for food, who are not allowing them to get out and roam free, should be allowed to do so.

The better solution to the possible problem of allowing these animals into the wild would be regulation, not extermination.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by obilesk

Thankfully the DNR doesn't agree with you and they will be cleaned up.

Also, what concern is it of yours what Michigan does with its wildlife?
edit on 28-3-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-3-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DankKing420

Actually Flint has more car manufacturers in it than Detroit, and Flint is Detroit's latrine.

Seriously though. Is this an early April fools joke or something?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I'm embarassed to be from Michigan anymore

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by sith9157
I'm embarassed to be from Michigan anymore

Anymore??

Man, I don't admit to being from Michigan in any scenario in my corporeal life. I moved out of the pit of despair of Arenac County (right in the middle of the three poorest counties in Michigan about 45 minutes north of Saginaw) 9 years ago and never went back.

However, I am glad they are finally doing something about the boar. Those things were out of control 9 years ago, and I am glad that they took over a decade to figure out the best way to go about controlling the problem.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This is so infuriating and im not even a farmer! please people help this good man

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

yet they can't seem to do anything about the actual feral pig problem we do have?

Hang on, on hold up rewind my head is going mental,

Are you saying that the most powerful nation in the world not only has people being made homeless and living in tents and boxes but, but ,but you have FREE meat ????

Did you make a mistake there ? You have free free range meat ? like pick your own bacon ? Why is free food a problem ?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Crimenently! I kept waiting to see a news link to the Onion or something!
After reading through, it became obvious or course, this is an attack on small family farms by the monster pork industry. Sick.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Another win for free doom sorry I meant freedom liberty and the American way. USA USA USA.

Wheeee!!!
I bet you will take this new batch of laws that turn your freedoms into jokes with the a same seriousness as all the rest?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It's obvious from the video that this is purely an attempt to stomp out the bacon market competition. Looks like the cage free market is affecting the farm factory market pocket book. One way to affect companies that are strong arming family farms is just just stop buying their products.

In other words, stop eating factory farmed bacon.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
ironic that state seems to have the largest population of Muslim's in the united states... just a coincidence? or is Islam wrapped in the cloak of our own federal government?

England and France kinda ain't ours any longer...

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Since when are any types of farm hogs native to north america?

In most mid western states there are laws that allow the killing of mule deer any time of year, because they are invasive on the white tale deer population, and can breed with them taking the causing them to pollute the breed.

So? my question is, how can this happen within the domestic hog population?

1. These corporate hog facility breeds are so large and fat that they can not even breed without special equipment so that the male doesn't crush the female.

2. Since when are these hogs able to run wild and breed with each other? A corporate Hot wouldn't last very long outside on there own.

3. Since when is it invasive when they aren't even wild animals, and the corporate type hogs aren't even allowed in proximity of the open range hogs.

This is nothing but hog farmers putting pressure on the government because they feel they are going to lose money to a much better hog type.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tw0330
This is nothing but hog farmers putting pressure on the government because they feel they are going to lose money to a much better hog type.

in the age of organic food? organic and free range seems to be in demand at the supermarket.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join