It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MONSANTO Killing Off all HONEYBEES to replace with Hybrid GEBEES that Pollinate only GMO Crops

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Great thread - many thanks! My father uses Roundup. In an effort to convince him to stop this practice - I read everything I could find about Roundup just this past Sunday night - pulled an all nighter. I was so angry and upset after doing the research that I couldn't go to sleep even when I tried. I printed out 7 of the articles and now will attempt to change my father's ways - wish me luck. Fortunately he lives over 700 miles away so there's no drift of Roundup on my organic farm.

After finishing my research I now hate Monsanto (yes, I'm a little late to the party - but better late than never!). I truly need to become an antiMonsanto activist.

I'm an organic veggie and perennial flower farmer - I've NEVER used any insecticide, pesticide or herbicide. I hand pick worms, Japaneese beetles and squash bug larva. I have acres of organic vegetables and many acres of gorgeous perennial flowers. I just got the number for the local beekeepers association - I'm going to invite them to keep bees on my farm. Bees will be safe, loved and nurtured in a non-toxic environment.

Watch out Monsanto - I'm now on the war path!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by galacticgirl

i applaud your efforts and wish more commercial farms could go that route. on the other hand round up in and of itself is relatively benign in nature being an acid glyphosphate, it's when they genetically manipulate crops to be resistant to roundup and thus using it on food crops where the problem lies. used on only weeds it's has little problem for anyone, but when people consume it in food, then we have a problem.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Who said it was good?
Monsanto sells it (others do too). Farmers are not forced to buy it. Why not blame them?

they are in iraq

From the start of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, OCA has been tracking the opportunities for Monsanto, a well-known war profiteer (Agent Orange, Vietnam), to take advantage of the current occupations. These include pushing glyphosate (Monsanto's Roundup herbicide) for poppy eradication in Afghanistan and opening the Iraqi market to the patenting of plants and seeds while preventing farmers from saving registered seed varieties.

As Vanity Fair reported last year, "In Iraq, the groundwork has been laid to protect the patents of Monsanto and other G.M.-seed companies. One of L. Paul Bremer’s last acts as head of the Coalition Provisional Authority was an order stipulating that 'farmers shall be prohibited from re-using seeds of protected varieties.' Monsanto has said that it has no interest in doing business in Iraq, but should the company change its mind, the American-style law is in place."

there is your new businasty model
(not to mention the Percy Schmieser business)

Over the past 15 years or so, a collection of five giant biotech corporations -- Monsanto, Syngenta, Bayer, Dow and DuPont -- have bought up more than 200 other companies, allowing them to dominate access to seeds.

The takeover has been so dramatic that it is becoming difficult for farmers to find alternatives. As a result, in the U.S., 90 percent of soybeans are genetically-modified, and many conventional farmers have trouble obtaining non-genetically modified seeds...For example, in the US, as of 2009 genetically modified (GM) soybeans accounted for 91 percent of the soybean market. Eighty-five percent of all corn grown was GM, as well as 88 percent of all cotton.

....As for pesticide use, USDA data shows that GM crops has increased pesticide use by 50 million pounds from 1996 to 2003 in the U.S., and the use of glyphosate went up more than 15-fold between 1994 and 2005, along with increases in other herbicides to cope with rising glyphosate resistant superweeds. ...

I'm sure this couldn't be affecting honey bees
www.organicconsumers.org...

articles.mercola.com...
edit on 27-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

....confirmed transgene contamination in the wild.

articles.mercola.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Well, since these crops are genetically engineered, it'll be fairly easy to make genetically engineered bees only pollinate them. If Monsanto can target things like this, they could have very well targeted their "hybrid bees" to kill off other bees. Or maybe they used some other chemical? Or maybe natural causes? Mother nature? Hmmm..
edit on 27-3-2012 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by galacticgirl
Great thread - many thanks! My father uses Roundup. In an effort to convince him to stop this practice - I read everything I could find about Roundup just this past Sunday night - pulled an all nighter. I was so angry and upset after doing the research that I couldn't go to sleep even when I tried. I printed out 7 of the articles and now will attempt to change my father's ways - wish me luck. Fortunately he lives over 700 miles away so there's no drift of Roundup on my organic farm.

After finishing my research I now hate Monsanto (yes, I'm a little late to the party - but better late than never!). I truly need to become an antiMonsanto activist.

I'm an organic veggie and perennial flower farmer - I've NEVER used any insecticide, pesticide or herbicide. I hand pick worms, Japaneese beetles and squash bug larva. I have acres of organic vegetables and many acres of gorgeous perennial flowers. I just got the number for the local beekeepers association - I'm going to invite them to keep bees on my farm. Bees will be safe, loved and nurtured in a non-toxic environment.

Watch out Monsanto - I'm now on the war path!

What a GREAT idea, sounds like your farm will be a wonderful place for bees to thrive! Good luck with your Dad.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Thats really bad. All those at Monsanto should be in jail for god sake. This is so damn disgusting it cannot be put into words strong enough. My god, these people are truely insane.

What in gods name are our law enforcement doing? Do they not realise this will kill of thier children also?

Totally insane, I am really pi**ed off. If the police are not going to arrest and bring these people to book all that will be left is for society to do it for them.

Whats more I bet the police will defend the people who are trying to kill thier children, the police are seriously retarded, they must be to let people get away with this.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
combine an aggressive african bee (which already dominate when mixed genetically with normal bees) with a monsanto bee
then the next thing you know :
killer monsanto bees

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Has man ever successfully eradicated even one species of insect? Take you time responding...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Strange though, I thought people were worried about non GMO crops being pollinated by GMO crops. I guess that's not a problem at all.

I believe the concern with this was that if the non GMO crops became pollinated by the GMO crops Monsanto had the right to sue the non GMO farmer. Totally ridiculous, but not surprising in this day and age.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Let's not forget that Monsanto Engineers were also involved in the Manhattan Project which resulted in the atomic bomb. It's clear that this company does not have our best interests at heart.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Has man ever successfully eradicated even one species of insect? Take you time responding...

No, probably not and that's a good thing! Galaticgirl has the right idea on her farm, instead of killing insects, she creates balance and let's the insects control themselves, brilliant!L Ladybugs are a another great way to keep aphids under control, easy and affordable to get and lot's of fun to release into your garden, kids really enjoy this too. There are also ways of planting certain combinations of plants that can help keep insect and even animals such as deer and gophers from overtaking your garden. Tobacco plants ( some really beautiful varieties too) Marigolds, Herbs and gopher spurge are a few examples.

www.youtube.com...:

This great little clip givies some ideas of different plants that repel and attract insects

www.youtube.com...

This is video by the "Bayou farmer" showing how he makes organic bug spray from peppers and soap, the end of this video is really Funny too.....

edit on 27-3-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
combine an aggressive african bee (which already dominate when mixed genetically with normal bees) with a monsanto bee
then the next thing you know :
killer monsanto bees

LOL, I had a similiar thought, although now wondering if this whole "killer bee" thing isn't some sort of "terrorist" propaganda against the bees.....oh my...sooo crazy!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Big deal, Mansanto can't control a species. The species of bees will go out of there control, just like the fire ants did and in the end the bees will probably be better. We will probably get an explosion of bees which will be beneficial in the end. Mansanto, as evil a company as it is, keeps failing in the end.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
What supports and nurtures life could be termed good. That which supports and nurtures destruction could be termed bad. Again the dichotomy of opposites. A duality of this verses that. But when it comes right down to it, importance should be placed on what WE do about it not on what "they" are doing.

Fear causes us to wail and bemoan our fates and do nothing about it. But human will can change the course of whole nations. More people need to say "CAN" rather than "can't". Then back that up by action of the will.

Support your local bees and like another poster suggested, dedicate yourself to planting bee plants that honey bee's feed on. If you have any yard space, balcony space, acreage or space of any kind grow honey bee feeding plants or heritage vegetable or fruit fruit varieties.(seeds from naturally pollinated plants grown for generations.) Does there need to be a "REVOLT"? Maybe not if we just do what is right and stick with it!

No gmo's no unnatural pesticides. Did you know they are farming "gmo" salmons where they inserted a human gene to increase it's pituitary gland so the fish would grow giant and quickly? Did you know that because of this a viral outbreak which causes anemia in salmon has been released upon the oceans of the world? Monsanto and other start-up biotech companies do not support life so which side of the dichotomy do you think they are on and which side will you be on NOW!?

Salmon Virus

GMO Salmon Creates New Virus 2009
edit on 27-3-2012 by FarmerGeneral because: Add supporting links for Salmon Virus

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
Big deal, Mansanto can't control a species. The species of bees will go out of there control, just like the fire ants did and in the end the bees will probably be better. We will probably get an explosion of bees which will be beneficial in the end. Mansanto, as evil a company as it is, keeps failing in the end.

Well, I never used to think a NWO could control the human species either, but it appears they have and do to a large degree! It would be "poetic" justice if the bees and humans come back stronger than ever and thwart thier evil plans. One can only hope and plant a garden.......
edit on 27-3-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Ever thing has it's time and season (all species now extinct). Some thing better always replaces it. We are evolving not de-evolving.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FarmerGeneral

No, I didn't know that about the gmo salmon, the implications of that are mind blowing, inject insects, fish and animals with human viruses, and introduce them back into nature, how delightful.

I couldn't agree with you more that it's up to us all as individuals to decide what actions we will take on in our personal lives to be part of the solution, and I'm not trying to preach to anyone, lol, well, maybe just a little

As for myself the the sun is coming out and the birds are chirping, God I am so greatful for another day to keep on trying to do things better, and I'm gonna go work outside in the garden.

One last thought before I turn off the puter. Gardening with kids is so much fun, and such a great bonding and teaching experience.Radishes, carrots, tomatoes, lettuces are really fun, and when you watch how happy the kids are eating the veggies they help grow, it's heartwarming. Oh and sunflowers are another fast growing plant kids enjoy a lot. When my daughter was little she was better then any snail killer on the market, lol, everyday she would patrol the garden and collect snails in her little bucket, then we would walk over to a nearby field and relocate them, lol, and she had an eye for tomatoe horn worms too. Precious memories, and so many cool projects can be started for $10 or less.

Have a great day everyone!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
...and don't fergit to take yer shots - theys good stuff in em - hep ya fight off the flu.
www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

yes it is, as according to the rules i work by and the USDA. weeds are considered pests and roundup pesticide. it's all part of the USDA labeling requirements. all herbicides fall under the category of pesticide, as do fungicides, larvacides and so on.

Thank you and the others who pointed out that my use of the word "pesticide" was too narrow.

I disagree that the problem is Monsanto. I disagree that Monsanto is waging a war on our food supply. I think that any problem is inherent in the system of agriculture which has developed over many decades.

I think the premise of the OP is absurd.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join