It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MONSANTO Killing Off all HONEYBEES to replace with Hybrid GEBEES that Pollinate only GMO Crops

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

There are several identified factors. Mites and virii. Pesticides and fungi. Improper apicultural practices. The abandonment of hives by workers...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
wasn't the colony collapse disorder linked to a virus ?

if you could link that virus to monsanto, I would like to have a few minutes alone with their CEO

proliberty.com...

Bayer, Monsanto killing bees with patented chemicals, process

viewzone.com...
www.chem-tox.com...
www.foodnavigator-usa.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Well I wouldn't want to inject it into my gut at all. And I'm not sure how the in vitro experiment would translate (how would your liver get directly exposed?). But the in vitro experiment showed it's not so much the active ingredient that's the problem. Since glyphosate is now available as a "generic" herbicide, there are other formulations available, from other manufacturers.

Does that make all herbicide manufacturers part of the war on our food supply?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I was doing some yard maintenance for an older lady friend, pulling weeds, planting some bulbs etc.
She hands me a bottle of roundup. I looked at the back of it, checked out the ingredients list.

I believe 1-2% of the ingredients were rotten eggs and a couple other "harmless" things.

99% of the "other" ingredients aren't named.
I'm glad I know what that 1% is now, I was worried....

I put on a respirator, shut off the conscience and sprayed for pay.
I feel so dirty

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

As I'm sure you are only too well aware, it is a systemic poison, meaning it spreads to all cells in an organism. You are what you eat kinda thing. DDT and Paraquat were banned back in the day and for good reason, unfortunately Monsanto has so much money they can buy the FDA outright (politically speaking). As I'm sure you are also well aware, these tests are designed to show its action at the cellular level, much the same as its action on the plants it is genetically injected into and then consumed by us, or its resistant gene(s). Basically its like eating poison. As I'm sure you are also well aware, the genetic modification is done by cell invasion techniques, not exactly natural either, no?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Who said it was good?
Monsanto sells it (others do too). Farmers are not forced to buy it. Why not blame them?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
ageconsearch.umn.edu...

Higher mobility of insects and diseases

www.gmfreecymru.org...

GM crops dramatically reduce biodiversity and economic sovereignty

those are just the first couple results that came up in search for glyphosate resistance and gmo crop risks. im sure theres no shortage of ecological disasters that Bayer and/or Monsanto GMO will be responsible for in the present or near future...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Yup. Since there are risks involved with GM crops, it means that Monsanto is out to kill bees so that only their bees which will only pollinate their plants will cover the planet.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Because "farmers" (often one man, lots of industrial machines, a huge piece of land, insurmountable debts and a family to feed, in the US at least) have been conned. You did notice the article that went by on here recently about the uproar abroad in...Pakistan I believe when the crop failed?

It also has infected at least 70% (from memory) of native Mexican corn due to it's ability to spread via pollination. Some of that corn was genetically pure and unique for several thousand years at least but now, the native corn is "infected" with Monsanto genes. There seems to be little getting away from the invasion and as some of those genes are patented...well, it doesn't bear thinking about what Monsanto has with regard to legal power. Legal is not the same as lawful but in practice it is.

The arrogance of man on a global scale may, I repeat may, cause more harm than good. All the lies about better production yields are just that, lies. Money makers and power shakers. Sure they are a business trying to make money, but does that really make it right, good and honest?

edit on 26/3/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Yup thats what the title suggests..

and as crazy as it sounds,

and as hard/impossible as it would be to prove in courts...

the truth is out there - on of all sources, Youtube!!

and from a few horses-mouth "whistleblowers"

.... whistleblowes willing to put their life/career on the line and risk being killed in a sudden car "accident" or cardiac "arrythmia' or whatever

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Originally posted by Phage

Who said it was good?
Monsanto sells it (others do too). Farmers are not forced to buy it. Why not blame them?

Why not blame them? Yes, many farmers are to blame for being ignorant. I have been raised around farmers my whole life, and as able bodied as they may be, if their neighbor's crops thrived one year when their's failed, they will take their neighbors advice on what to treat their crops with next season. Farmers make so little money, most will do anything to keep afloat and have a few years in a row with gains.

Now, most farmers do not work for themselves. They are contracted by big companies who pay them to grow certain crops and even use crop dusters (and chemicals) they recommend. Farmers are pretty much guaranteed a bigger paycheck this way. Healthcare, banks, car manufacturers, and even our food production is now largely under government "rule".

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Hunger Games? Or a War On Food (WOF)!

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Wow really? That sounds like science fiction!!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Round-Up is not a pesticide.

You are incorrect it IS a pesticide. Weeds are technically considered pests right along with insects. It's "only" a toxicity class 3 herbicide, so nothing to worry about with that.

Monsanto is working on increasing its profits, like any business. They've been doing it since long before GMOs were a gleam in anyone's eye.
reply to post by Phage

Profits at what expense to human life is the question. At what point are profits more important to companies and shareholders than quality of life??? Monsanto is a perfect example of a company that places a top priority on profit without an equal regard for the consequences of said profits on human life. Monsanto has brought us: GMO's, BGH, DDT, Agent Orange, Aspartame, Saccharin and many other toxic, cancer causing, chemical goodies. Yea, you're right they have been doing it long before GMO's. One could argue that Monsanto should be renamed Satan's Chemical Corporation.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
This topic and conversation has already been started here:

Bees Dying Off, Bee Truck Crashes and our Future...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

In which I provided the following link:

Monsanto Announces New SoyBee'n Self-Pollinating Soy Bean!
www.nwedible.com...

The addition of these supposed Hybrid GEBEES that only pollinate GMO crops sure adds weight to my theory...

edit on 27-3-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional statement

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Yup the Round-Up Pesticide is normally so poisonous that it kills the plant

All chemicals that attack living things are referred to as 'pesticides'. From there they can be broken down to their specific use eg -

Insecticides
Herbicides
Fungicides
etc.

QUOTE - "Basically a pesticide is any substance or mixture of substances used to destroy, suppress or alter the life cycle of any pest. A pesticide can be a naturally derived or synthetically produced substance. A pesticide can also be an organism, for example, the bacterium Bacillus thuringiensis which is used to control a number of insect pests, or even a genetically modified crop (see Bollgard II cotton). The legal definition of a pesticide in NSW covers a wide range of substances.
Pesticides include bactericides, baits, fungicides, herbicides, insecticides, lures, rodenticides and repellents. They are used in commercial, domestic, urban and rural environments."

Quote taken from here - www.environment.nsw.gov.au...

I spent 20 or so years working as an Agronomist.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

This is a cool video about how honey bees "should" live in nature!

Earlier this month took a road trip and traveled through farming area of CA, when I stopped for gas it was the wierdest thing I had about 5 or 6 dead bees on the bottom of my windshield by the wipers, and 1 live bee frantically flying around the dead ones, it was awful.

I have no idea how the bees got there as I don't recall having any bees hitting the windshield that I noticed while I was driving. It almost seemed like they somehow got there between the time I exited the car and went inside to pay and use washroom, and walked back out to pump gas? Many roadtrips over the years and never saw anything like this? The dead bees were not squished like you would expect if they hit windshield? Where did the live bee come from? Not sure if this has anything to do with the bee's being "killed off" by Monsanto, but it was really strange.

This spring I'm going to plant some more flowers for the bees everywhere I can! These people are out of thier minds and "it's only business" argument could NEVER justify doing this! The absolute disreguard for all the other plants and flowers that rely on bees apparently are just colladeral damage to them I guess? It's so foolish and shortsided, Eienstien wrote that without bees much of live and humans would perish.
edit on 27-3-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
this will sooner or later come true (or already is)...but this time the name is not umbrella - its monsanto

At the beginning of the 21st century, Monsanto had become the largest commercial entity in the United States. Nine out of every ten homes contain its products. Its political and financial influence is felt everywhere. In public, it is the world's leading supplier of farming supplies, seeds and pesticides. Unknown, even to its own employees, its massive profits are generated by military technology, genetic experimentation and viral weaponry.

edit on 27-3-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I'm a newbie Beek and was looking for a source for Russian queens. I ran across this apiary who had his colonies largely wiped-out by what they believe are GMO crops in the area:

source

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Yup the Round-Up Pesticide is normally so poisonous that it kills the plant

yes it is, as according to the rules i work by and the USDA. weeds are considered pests and roundup pesticide. it's all part of the USDA labeling requirements. all herbicides fall under the category of pesticide, as do fungicides, larvacides and so on.

in any case monsanto will be part of the problem and not the solution.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join