It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MONSANTO Killing Off all HONEYBEES to replace with Hybrid GEBEES that Pollinate only GMO Crops

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Just wait until they start doing the same thing with humans

It will only be a matter of time.

At least we are being told about this...don't generally hear about genocide until well after it has happened!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
It's too bad someone/we couldn't "patient" natural seeds. If that were the case, it seems like that would help stave off Monsanto polluting the biosphere by having some sort of legal footing.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This may sound like a stupid question, but does anybody here really know what they are doing when they "modify" a plant? Does not sound like it...

Example of round up ready crops... they simply take the gene from a plant that is round up proof and place it in the round up ready crop... Simple Right?

Yes it is that simple... its all based on plant growth hormones and the genes that are immune to them...

All herbicides are made from plant growth hormones so if you want a plant to be immune to a herbicide you add that gene to your plant... that gene replacement has nothing to do with the platibilty of a plant...

Bees do not need our crops to live, look around people there are flowers everywhere that Monsanto has nothing to do with

edit on 29-3-2012 by putnamcrab because: Phage is gonna say something about my post... you watch!

edit on 29-3-2012 by putnamcrab because: off subject

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

In late 2005, a private research institute in Australia, CSIRO Plant Industry, put a halt on the further development of a genetically modified pea cultivar responsible for causing an immune response in laboratory mice. Opposing sides of the public debate have taken these findings in conflicting directions. Some say the Australian findings confirm the effectiveness of screening processes, while for others, the results only prove that genetically modified plants are too unpredictable to reckon with

...In order to address this problem, scientists at CSIRO took a defence gene from kidney beans and transferred it to peas....

....Initially, long-term laboratory and field tests conducted over several years suggested that the new peas were harmless for humans and animals (excluding the pea weevil). Even independent animal feeding experiments carried out by the Hungarian scientist Arpad Pusztai in 1999 showed no negative effects.

....It was only with the final molecular characterisation of the new protein and further tests on animals that scientists from CSIRO made some unexpected findings. Although the amylase inhibitor gene comes from beans, a close relative of peas, it appears that when made by transgenic peas, the protein is produced slightly differently.

...Humans could potentially have allergic reactions similar to those observed in mice.

www.gmo-compass.org...

I think it was only accidental or after thought tests that caught this one before it hit the streets..
tests that were not obligatory
edit on 29-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
DEL
edit on 29-3-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
There would be absolutely no way to create a genetically engineered bee which would only pollinate GM crops. Such precise control over behavior is simply impossible given modern genetic technology.

That said, if Monsanto ever came out with a genetically engineered honeybee that was resistant to a variety of pesticides which are in use today and which were more able to resist mites and other diseases which affect honeybees I would consider it such a great act for the betterment of humanity that I would consider them forgiven for at least a good portion of their previous acts of harm, neglect, and outright corruption.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 1nfiniteLoop

Oh ... Mark_Frost. You are such a Dirt_Bag.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Why assume the OP title is the "method" when its just the "goal"?

Monsanto is tacking it from both ends, that is, saturated use of glyphosate so that mostly GMO crops are the survivors in the seeds and the fields, while likewise CULLING the native/naturalized bees population with this buildup of pesticides/herbicides (YES Monsanto is the worlds' largest supplier of neonicotinoids which are highly toxic to bees), then forcing farmers to purchase Monsanto GE Bees to repopulate and re'naturalize' the area pollinators. What monopoly would not exploit that engineering of the bee alongside only GMO crops?
It's a no brainer given the below Monsanto Super Bee Patent, that is what they are up to!
See here:

seeker401.wordpress.com...

Considering that the honey bee has been sequenced, how long before we bear witness to a genetically modified bee? I’ve been saying this since 2008 for the record! Introducing pesticide-resistant SUPER BEE Patent # 2457842149…Apis Melifera may also soon belong to Monsanto. Kill the bees with GM and pesticides, offer a band aid solution by creating a bee that is resistant to all the crap peddled on the market and then persuade/force beekeepers to buy Monsanto bees or else. It’s wicked genius. Surely though, Monsanto and many others would call all of this paranoid phooey.

Some of us noticed the GMO wasps in Hunger Games. i wouldnt be surprised if Monsanto is working on that one too, as wasps have been noted as more efficient sonicators for species of crop that must be fertilized by anther stimulation (buzz pollination). Bumblebees and wasps can perform this type of pollination, but HONEYBEES CAN'T. 30-50% of crops require BEE pollination, wind alone just doesn't cut it and would reduce yield. So farmers will have to buy bees as they are dying off by buzzilions, and it just might be the only bee commercially available to them is a GE proprietary MONSANTO bee that has been engineered ideally for the GE markers in Monsanto crops ie scent, pheremone, nectar, flower color - all phenotypes tweeked by Monsanto cultivar selection.

Impossible? Hardly.

it could be as simple as splicing a nasanov protein sequencer into Monsanto GMO crops which serve as a strong pollination attractant.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Nasanov pheromones contain multiple compounds, so the production of a GM plant that produced all of these compounds, many the result of multiple proteins each, would involve very many genes. Many of these genes may not have yet been identified. Further regulating these genes to be expressed only in the flowers would be a very difficult task on top of this.

Furthermore, since these pheromones are used by bees to guide bees back to the colony, fields of such plants would most likely result in a lot of lost and confused bees and further colony collapse.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Well I wouldn't want to inject it into my gut at all. And I'm not sure how the in vitro experiment would translate (how would your liver get directly exposed?). But the in vitro experiment showed it's not so much the active ingredient that's the problem. Since glyphosate is now available as a "generic" herbicide, there are other formulations available, from other manufacturers.

Does that make all herbicide manufacturers part of the war on our food supply?

Phage, you're so right. Monsanto is a business, and like any other business operating in a capitalistic economy such as the US's, it has the right to taint the ecological landscape any way they see fit in the name of profit. People who question their glutinous genius are just jealous, ignorant or incapable.

Can we all just get on board with Phage?

Seriously. Let's go back to that thread where we argued that the sky was orange. Such a fun mental exercise.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The fact that Monsanto has had fungus resistant bt wheat seeds available past 10 years,

but does not want to put it in circulation - because the higher yields will DROP the price of wheat and thus all businesses (the seed supplier, the farmer, the wheat sellers) will all make LESS money with a more productive bt wheat crop yield -

demonstrates how Monsanto is NOT in the best interest of solving a "food shortage" by supplying higher yield GMA crops

but is actually conspiring to create a deficit and thus increase the price of one Monsanto seed, as well as it's yield's price in local grocery, exponentially.

It's as simple as that, supply and demand.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I can find no information confirming this statement regarding GM fungus resistant wheat varieties, only that such varieties are undergoing trials for their effectiveness and safety and that these trials have been repeatedly hampered or outright destroyed by misguided environmentalists and anarchist groups. Such varieties might exist, but that have not yet been proven effective in fields or finished the lengthy and extensive safety evaluations that are required for GM crops.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Turq1

People cry out, "Feed the world's children" and when monsanto figure's out how... People cry "foul!"

edit on 30-3-2012 by putnamcrab because: grammer

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This criminal enterprise needs to be brought to justice.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by putnamcrab
reply to post by Turq1

People cry out, "Feed the world's children" and when monsanto figure's out how... People cry "foul!"

edit on 30-3-2012 by putnamcrab because: grammer

Thanks for that, but it really has nothing to do with what I posted.

If companies can patent human genes, and force researchers to pay money to study their (/our
) genes which are all natural...wouldn't seem that big a step to patient natural corn genes and make Monsanto pay, oh a gazillion dollars to research it.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Here's the thing about bees dying.

The only ones dying are the ones being run as massive 'bee farms', who are shipped on big trucks to polinate massive monoculture fields of corn and soy, etc.

Small-time beekeepers are not experiencing CCD (ColonyCollapseDisorder). Small-scale agriculture is not in danger from experiencing a lack of pollinators.

Spend more time growing your own food, and maybe read a science book or something.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
"Wild Bumblebees have gone into severe decline in recent years"

edit on 15-4-2012 by BiggerPicture because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I have some ants in my driveway and they ate some GMO bread and died. I suspect Monsanto of killing my pet ants. They didn't die from bread before GMO food. Ants are as important as bees in our ecosystem. If they are killing the bees, they will kill the ants too.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join