A toast, to the end of veganism and vegetarianism

page: 2
3
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Pegasus2000
 


I don't see why you can't find another species to get obsessed with... Cows are pretty useless animals outside of dairy cows.



CX

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
What a shame that even now they can grow as much meat as they want, there will still be millions starving to death across the world and people throwing away food without even thinking about it.

I guess we all do it to some degree, just a shame thats all.

I'd be more impressed if the title of this thread said, "A toast...to the end of uneccessary starvation".

They wouldn't make money off that though, although i'm sure they'd give it a go.

CX.
edit on 26/3/12 by CX because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Your title and explanation contradict the whole idea of being a vegan. Vegan means no in take of any animal by-product. The major reason is that it is bad for your health. Really bad. I implore you to take down this post because you are making a post where you later contradict your point in the facts you quote. So it will not be the end of vegans as well as vegetarians.

On a off note...People need to research what foods you are eating. From pink slime being put in your beef as well as the radiation. Casein, steroids and hormones in your milk. Not to mention the effect red and processed meat has on your body.

The people who love animals also show what mass produced animal farms do to the environment and also the quality of animals being eaten. Hence more organic farmers are being set up due to the fact that many animals coming from the mass produced farms are full of chemicals, not grown to health standards and sometimes contain deadly illnesses that can kill.

Also vegans like to stay away from harmful chemicals in the food. From their constant research. vegans have helped shed light on making sure people are aware of what is going on in our food supply. As well making people aware of what is healthy. In fact all people should look into the benefits of eating more healthier with a clean lifestyle if you wish to enjoy your life.
edit on 26-3-2012 by ratpunk because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit
 


I know the farmer that raises my beef. They are very humane and listen to their cattle's needs. My studies take me deep into the needs of diet of many forms of life including plants. I understand many of the cooking practices of our ancestors and why some became kranky and overpowering. I study the chemicals that the government has allowed and the motives for their deception. Not all deception is bad. The government has been sometimes misguided by the alchemists of the world. They don't understand how tied together the Pharma Companies are with those who create the food chemicals. This will soon become evident here as it has been revealed in Europe. Our governments deception has put them under the control of the people who have designed this chemistry. They cannot fight them because they allowed it with knowledge of the possible consequences. Even the think tank has not thought about what is to come. Maybe they should have paid attention to history more, researching it to find the hidden truths.

If a vegetarian wants to mellow out, eat a little more asparagus and boiled cabbage along with the juice. To mellow out a beef eater eat more soups where the meat has not been browned, preferably made with grassfed soup bones. I study the chemistry of the foods. The study of cooking practices can replace many medications. When people employ alchemy to try to retain a young, very skinny looking body they are most times creating a very weak body that cannot tolerate a time of food shortages unless they know certain things.



posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The great debate between Meat Eaters and Vegetarians/Vegans will never stop. Yet, if one is to really stop and think about it, no matter what 'side of the fence' you're on, there has always been a proven fact that if you take the amount of grain that it takes to feed all the cattle, chickens and the other livestock that the people that can afford to eat cuts of meat, that same amount of grain could feed a very large percentage of the entire world and eventually hunger would be a thing of the past. Yet a lot of people have become apathetic and very selfish in their thinking of being at the 'top of the food chain' is some how a given right just because we can.

That same grain given to livestock could instead be given to the population of the earth, and every single person on the planet would have enough grain to eat for weeks or even months or in some cases, possibly years, pretty much on just one day's supply of grain that is fed to livestock so that you can have the nice 8 oz. (+) New York Steak that will just sit in your bowels for a few months to a year or so, keep adding it up and then one day your doctor says you have colon cancer, et. al. Yet both Big Agra and Big Pharma wouldn't have any customers if people actually knew what they were eating, and this goes well beyond the meat industry in that aspect.

Also, you have to keep in mind how much acreage it has cost on the toll of the land just to 'house' the livestock and that same land could very well be suited to create jobs that create living space for the growing population. It's almost unimaginable how much land has been given to just cattle that could house thousands, many millions of people as well. And one must not forget the diseases that come with such grotesque farming techniques that a lot of major commercial farming businesses (Big Agra) have given the human species and also has killed many human children, elderly, etc... The list goes on and on.

Farm to Fridge - The Truth Behind Meat Production (Very Graphic) : www.youtube.com...

"How Sustainable Agriculture Can Address the Environmental and Human Health Harms of Industrial Agriculture"

Abstract Website Link : www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Full Text PDF Link: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
edit on 3.26.2012 by cosmicspace because: (no reason given)
edit on 3.26.2012 by cosmicspace because: (no reason given)
edit on 3.26.2012 by cosmicspace because: (no reason given)
edit on 3.26.2012 by cosmicspace because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Stupid is as stupid does. Oh and please do show us the risks and dangers of organic gardening... Sigh!


Organic gardening is a fine hobby but will not feed the world. The dangers are slight for the amateur. Most would be during attempts to store the crops and have to do with various bacteria and fungi. Complete failure of the backyard garden by infestation or disease would not seriously impact the individual other than to require an alternate source of food. It is less dangerous to eat non-organic than to not eat at all.
The use of synthetic ammonia as a fertilizer is a requirement or the world would only be able to support about 4 billion people and most would be hungry, at that. Eliminating pesticides would result in lower yields, yet, of most crops. I expect that in such an environment, a great deal of effort would be expended in protecting the crops from hungry creatures of all kinds, including humans.
To state that "organic" is the only way to go is to say that depopulation is a necessity. Will you volunteer to be the first to go?



posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine

Originally posted by hawkiye
Stupid is as stupid does. Oh and please do show us the risks and dangers of organic gardening... Sigh!


Organic gardening is a fine hobby but will not feed the world. The dangers are slight for the amateur. Most would be during attempts to store the crops and have to do with various bacteria and fungi. Complete failure of the backyard garden by infestation or disease would not seriously impact the individual other than to require an alternate source of food. It is less dangerous to eat non-organic than to not eat at all.
The use of synthetic ammonia as a fertilizer is a requirement or the world would only be able to support about 4 billion people and most would be hungry, at that. Eliminating pesticides would result in lower yields, yet, of most crops. I expect that in such an environment, a great deal of effort would be expended in protecting the crops from hungry creatures of all kinds, including humans.
To state that "organic" is the only way to go is to say that depopulation is a necessity. Will you volunteer to be the first to go?


This statement is not only wrong but makes my Native American ancestors laugh. We have been doing this for thousands of years. Ps... Technology has evolved!
youtu.be...
edit on 26-3-2012 by ratpunk because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
and if you like fish you can grow that in your back yard as well

youtu.be...



posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Anything produced (meat and vegetables) in mass and/or assembly line production is generally inferior in taste and nutrients. I'm not a vegetarian but I do prefer healthy products upto certain extent. However the modern technology and corporations have made people lazy. Refrigerator, frozen foods, microwave dinners are all product of the corporations dominating the food markets with GM Crops and Meats. Unfortunately most of the farms and livestock/poultry farms follow almost the same business model to maximize the profit.

Vegetarianism or Non-Vegetarianism...both contain artificial and GM modified ingredients. Either way we're screwed
Only thing that can keep things in check is a nice glass of Red Wine...NO..not the cheap Gallo types
(including radiation) with the dinner on a daily basis



posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by TrueBrit
 


I know the farmer that raises my beef. They are very humane and listen to their cattle's needs. My studies take me deep into the needs of diet of many forms of life including plants. I understand many of the cooking practices of our ancestors and why some became kranky and overpowering. I study the chemicals that the government has allowed and the motives for their deception. Not all deception is bad. The government has been sometimes misguided by the alchemists of the world. They don't understand how tied together the Pharma Companies are with those who create the food chemicals. This will soon become evident here as it has been revealed in Europe. Our governments deception has put them under the control of the people who have designed this chemistry. They cannot fight them because they allowed it with knowledge of the possible consequences. Even the think tank has not thought about what is to come. Maybe they should have paid attention to history more, researching it to find the hidden truths.

If a vegetarian wants to mellow out, eat a little more asparagus and boiled cabbage along with the juice. To mellow out a beef eater eat more soups where the meat has not been browned, preferably made with grassfed soup bones. I study the chemistry of the foods. The study of cooking practices can replace many medications. When people employ alchemy to try to retain a young, very skinny looking body they are most times creating a very weak body that cannot tolerate a time of food shortages unless they know certain things.
I just wanted to compliment you on this post. I agree with were your coming from and how you stated your opinion.
Other responders please take note!


Who am I....a 52 y/o omnivore with 19 &21 y/o kids, both healthy vegatarians. We all eat for taste and health! We all respect each others choices.
edit on 26-3-2012 by grubblesnert because: spellin'



posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well, that's one way to look at these new technologies. Another is" when lab grown meat replaces real meat, that'll be the day I become vegetarian"



posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I believe that meat is good for humans in decent quantity.

When I say meat, I mean organic fed meat with no hormones and chemicals. If they could invent a fake meat that isn't bad for humans, I would probably switch to that. I do feel bad that animals die for what I eat and I feel bad for the pollution that they produce.

That or food replicators. Disintegrate everything back to the atom and create something new out of it.
Now that would be advancement!



posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Who would like to join me in a toast to the end of all the fools who would eat lab grown meat? For you will surely die from consuming this "food".

And no I'm not a vegitarian, I am a meat-osaurus.



posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
But...Bacon has magical powers!



posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I eat my own poo...
It tastes awfull and so's the texture and smell

But with it, I am self sufficient as long as the right vitamines and minerals are added.

I tried it boiled, fried, sautéed, heck I even made brownies!!

Aaahh! Well it's always better than that lab meat, no thanx!!!

I'll stick to my poo
Thank yoo
Peace!



posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain
 


Thats why i dont eat it. I just dont like it. I dont mind testing on animals by humans or that others eat them. Just as im sure humans wouldn't mind if an higher intelligence came down from space and tested on humans. They would have every right to test on us to make their more intelligent civilization safer by using us for medical testing and so on. Its just the way of the universe the strong prey on the weak



posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Just because I don't understand why humans would choose to defy their nature and abstain from the meat they were physically designed to consume, I am going to join this toast.

Also, because the whole vegan/vegetarian movement (unless medical or personal preference) is ultimately futile and naive.

Cheers!
edit on CMondaypm575712f12America/Chicago26 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnivoxSuperfuzz
reply to post by Pegasus2000
 


I don't see why you can't find another species to get obsessed with... Cows are pretty useless animals outside of dairy cows.


Actually having lived next to fields of cows, I can say they are sweet and cute animals and I love them as much as dogs and cats. natural numbers of the animals and their becoming more like the original wild creatures they came from would be good, like the wild Goats and Pigs and sheep.

But to add to your other message of meat having hormones and crap in it, there is also the filth issue. With lab grown meat there would be no poo. No Cow, pig, chicken stinking filth that is all over the meat process and fowls the waters and environment. Thus no more ecoli risk and something people who have not processed pigs, cows and fish do not see hug and small worms!
My husband cooks in a restaurant and processes the fish (hared he is vegetarian) he pulls the worms out when he sees them, the rest are hidden by the cooking. Some worm eggs do survive cooking and maybe transferred to humans. it is soooo disgusting!



posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
Just because I don't understand why humans would choose to defy their nature and abstain from the meat they were physically designed to consume, I am going to join this toast.


You can consume any thing you want. Does not mean it is good for you in the long run.



posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ratpunk

Originally posted by pteridine

Originally posted by hawkiye
Stupid is as stupid does. Oh and please do show us the risks and dangers of organic gardening... Sigh!


Organic gardening is a fine hobby but will not feed the world. The dangers are slight for the amateur. Most would be during attempts to store the crops and have to do with various bacteria and fungi. Complete failure of the backyard garden by infestation or disease would not seriously impact the individual other than to require an alternate source of food. It is less dangerous to eat non-organic than to not eat at all.
The use of synthetic ammonia as a fertilizer is a requirement or the world would only be able to support about 4 billion people and most would be hungry, at that. Eliminating pesticides would result in lower yields, yet, of most crops. I expect that in such an environment, a great deal of effort would be expended in protecting the crops from hungry creatures of all kinds, including humans.
To state that "organic" is the only way to go is to say that depopulation is a necessity. Will you volunteer to be the first to go?


This statement is not only wrong but makes my Native American ancestors laugh. We have been doing this for thousands of years. Ps... Technology has evolved!
youtu.be...
edit on 26-3-2012 by ratpunk because: (no reason given)


Bingo! And thanks for posting that video you saved me the trouble. Proof positive we could feed the world organically! That guy is also the largest producing farm in his state on just 3 acres I wonder if these naysayers are just completely clueless or deliberately disruptive since the crap they spew is so ridiculously absurd.





new topics
top topics
 
3
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join