A toast, to the end of veganism and vegetarianism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

From what I can tell mostly Disgusting...lol

I am going to go home and make a Porkchop in honor of this thread!

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
So what's your beef with vagitarianism? I for one was forced to eat canned pea's as a child by a sadistic grammar school principal. I puked green vomitus on his shoes and have been staunchly anti-authoritarian ever since...Who's standing up for the rights of vegetables and fruit I ask you?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Vegetablists get themselves worked up over the slaughter of livestock to provide meat
I don't get myself worked up when they are gnawing Quorn raggy carrots and bird food
If vegetablists want to such things maybe they will evolve and grow a beak

I am going to go home and make a Porkchop in honor of this thread!

I'm having veal mmm lovely

Cran

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
How does this signify the ending of vegetarianism in any way? People will still not eat meat if they don't like it. I don't think vegetarianism will ever end, and there is no good reason to hope that it does. People should be able to not eat meat if they don't want to.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ratpunk
Your comments were on Native Americans not other cultures. Mohawks were sent out to "take care of problems". Kind of like the USMC or special forces do today. Benjamin Franklin can tell you what he saw as far as to understand their government and ways. But the culture was never hack and slash. The water was provided by the great lakes that we enjoy even today. Major cities now are on places they developed and towns. In fact most of the names of them come from Native Americans. As far as Mother Earth it is Ecology. en.wikipedia.org... kind of like Avatar if your a movie buff.

Lots of cultures depended on Organic farming because they had no pesticides and chemicals back then. That is the whole basis on this. Thousands of years of farming went on without it. We now have great technology to continue this to feed people healthy food without massive chemicals being poured into our food supply and the water tablets.

I was only pointing out the similarity of peoples in different times and cultures. Expediency and practicality rule; there is not much place for altruism when survival is at stake. Remember the prarie fires to kill thousands of buffalo does not fit with the propaganda that the natives "took only what they needed and used everything they took."
Certainly, locations of towns and names are going to lie with the initial occupants. This happens everywhere. Look at any civilization and examples will be found.

Slash and burn is an agricultural technique. Hack and slash was more for wars. The most advanced pre-Columbian farming was in Central and South America.

Thousands of years of farming didn't use pesticides because there weren't any other options. Consider that the number of people was far fewer, so poor yields per acre wouldn't matter as much.

The one thing that always comes up in these discussions is what constitutes "organic" farming? You might want to explain your definition of organic so we are talking about the same things.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Every vegan/vegetarian does not eat meat because they dont like the taste not because "meat is murder"

I love meat il eat it forever but i just don't like lamb for sum unknown reason

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by ratpunk

Originally posted by Starchild23
Just because I don't understand why humans would choose to defy their nature and abstain from the meat they were physically designed to consume, I am going to join this toast.

You can consume any thing you want. Does not mean it is good for you in the long run.

Rule of thumb...Everything in Moderation is good (Food, Sex, Money, Alcohol, Tobacco, Power etc etc)
edit on 27-3-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

Moderation is the key to everything except happiness. And if you don't have enough of it (by enough, I mean to be physically healthy), you didn't stick to the rule.
edit on CTuesdaypm181814f14America/Chicago27 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

Well. Happiness is a journey. Key to happiness is to understand limitations (of all kinds mentioned in previous post).

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I wonder where the basic building blocks for this new "stuff" will come from?
...Obama's death panel health care bill?
ITS MADE OF PEOPLE!

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Ditto for me, SFA. I don't know why but about 6 months ago I lost my taste for meat. And this is coming from a Texan who always had the BBQ pit going all summer and pot roasts cooking all winter . . . . . .

Even with the advent of a new source of meat I probably will not be partaking, don't know why, just not interested.

STM

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join