It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From the bottom of my heart......Thank you God

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
From the bottom of my heart ........Thank you God.

Thank you for my wonderful life. Thank you for every second that I am alive to enjoy this wild ride called life. I am thankful for every up and every down. I am thankful for every early morning sunrise and stunning sunset. Thank you God for my my parents and all that they have given me. I am thankful for every buttwhooping I received and every time I saw the look of pride in my fathers eyes. Because without that I would not be the man I am today.

Thank you God for my most amazing wife, and our beautiful son. Thank you for every missed opportunity and every once in a life time success. Thank you for the warmth of the day and the still of the night.Thank you for the look of joy and excitement in my dogs eyes when I come home. Thank you for every stanger I have been able to help and everyone that had the heart to help me. Thank you for my amazing friends that love and understand me.

But I thank you God the most for for giving me the grace to be able to see the beautiful world around me amid all the chaos......From the bottom of my heart........Thank you God.

edit on 24-3-2012 by Talltexxxan because: typo

edit on 24-3-2012 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
This chain of thoughts came flooding over me this afternoon, while driving home from the beach this afternoon with my family. It was a spur of the moment kinda thing to go to the beach today, and it was a magnificant day. I have only had 3 days off since the end of Janurary and I Really needed some off time with my family.

On the drive home my 4 y/o was passed out in the back seat and my wife was asleep on my right arm and holding onto it tight. As I was driving into the sunset a song I really love came on the radio and all I could think of was ....Thank you God for this wonderful moment.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Rant or prayer? I am a little confused with your "thanking."

Sounds more of a short story to me, good that you are a having a good life, but God isn't the only reason you can thank things in your life, you made choices that God had nothing to do with..

So, what's your point?
edit on 24-3-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

I completely agree. Maybe he doesn't have these things or has lost his mind.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AK907ICECOLD
reply to post by Talltexxxan

Rant or prayer, I'm a little confused by the reason behind your "Thanking."

I dont know if it would be considered a prayer, but sure.
I figured the 'rant forum' would be the best place to put somthing down that I just needed to get off my chest.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommandoRenegade
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

I completely agree. Maybe he doesn't have these things or has lost his mind.

Not an ounce of sarcasm in what I wrote. The overpowering feeling of graditude was just something I thought I should share.

Its great, you should try it sometime.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Okay, I guess I can settle for that, Feel better now?

Sounds like a good life, wish you the best, when you have a bad or messed up day, just always remember what you shared today and you will definitely break through the wall of what ever builds in front of you.

Much Love, S&F

BTW, I do

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

God isn't the only reason you can thank things in your life, you made choices that God had nothing to do with..

editby]edit on 24-3-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

The God that I was thanking is not the exact "God" of Christianity. The God I was thanking was the source of all that is. The reason that we are all here, whatever you may call it. Certain things had to happen for all of the world to be, and I was thanking the essance behind all of that......whatever it is......I just call it God.

(I subscribe to no particular religon by the way. I feel that most of them are right in their own way.)

edit on 24-3-2012 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Yeah, I see how that idea of God can be conveyed. I can keep an open mind. No need to explain, obviously your not one of those Jesus freaks, but a person that gives appreciation for all that is around you without the idea of labeling it, just take it in.... That's beautiful man

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Thank yourself for all your hard work.
#1. God can not (for sure is what I am told...) intervene with anyone's life. So the great things you do, you did all alone, and created light from darkness.
#2. Believing in yourself is very important. I gave up standard religion, and I feel empowered. I had a moment after giving up Catholicism of glory, and connections. I felt connected with my ancestors, I saw the Earth and sky as one. I realized then we are all animals. Sophisticated, yet primitive. I once felt like my life was in control-by God. He controlled my daily actions, and responses. Now I know I am in control. I control my world, and everything around me. My plants will not thrive if I do not let them know they are appreciated. My voice when angry is recorded into the atoms and molecules of the constructed objects that can hear my voice. My friend has lived in poverty for 10 years, from trailers to small rental houses with his family. He has no motivation, other than telling me he will pray and God will take care of him. In that time I have started 2 successful businesses-moved my family from a lower class area into a nice luxurious community. He still is renting. Now should he ever buy a lotto ticket and win 10 million was that God or luck? If he should spend 5 years putting himself through college like I did, and working very hard day and night to start a business and then was successful was that God? Or does he owe himself a pat on the back.

So God helped you and no one else? Or you worked very hard for all that you have. Because I can guarantee you that if you stop working right now and have no income all of those good things you are thankful for will go away-no matter how hard you pray.

Praying is a natural thing in nature. To close ones eyes, and connect with nature is not praying. You are meditating, and you are giving your body the natural release of personal matters abroad. When you close your eyes the T.V. and work go away. You focus one the one thing that is bothering you at that time. You don't open your eyes until you have found a resolution.

I am not ragging on your beliefs, just hoping you see mine too.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Yeah, I see how that idea of God can be conveyed. I can keep an open mind. No need to explain, obviously your not one of those Jesus freaks, but a person that gives appreciation for all that is around you without the idea of labeling it, just take it in.... That's beautiful man

EXACTLY

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

well I thought that was nice to put out there.
I'm glad you can appreciate what you have. Love is everything.
I wish you much more happiness......

Peace Out

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

If you read my previous posts you will see that your beliefs and mine are one in the same.

I am in no way giving thanks to some man made idol in the clouds. I am giving thanks to the very essance of life itself. And to me THATS God. Not some bearded old white man on a thone atop a fluffy cloud.

I know that hard work and perserverance is the only way to make things go your way. Everyone is completly in charge of their own destiny no matter their circumstance. I cant stand it when people leave there life up to Gawds decisions,,,,that really erks me.

I once overheard a friend saying how much he really wanted to own a Dodge Viper. And I told him whats holding him back? Go out and do what it takes to make yoour wishes come true. And his reply was" Well, if its Gawds plan." sheeeesuh theres no helping some people.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Great Thread. God is amazing!

Listen to This.

Entire Book. LINK

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Talltexxxan, I fully understand you.

Thank you God, whatever you are, for allowing whatever this is. Thank you for the experience of the experience.

Amen Ra

edit on 24-3-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

Talltexxxan, I fully understand you.

Thank you God, whatever you are, for allowing whatever this is. Thank you for the experience of the experience.

Amen Ra

edit on 24-3-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

Thank you for your words.
I couldnt have said it better myself.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan

EXACTLY

Okay, I'll be the first. You're prayer shows you to be a light-hearted and good-hearted person. So I'm not going to pounce. Just want to point out how the religious are one-sided when it comes to the works of their god.
---------------------------
For instance, one might say, "My house burned down, but god saved me."
I would reply, "But, did god have anything to do with you being shot last year?"
Answer, "No, a criminal shot me. God had nothing to do with it."
Return, "So, god saved you from a burning house, not the firemen risking their lives to save you. But it was a man that shot you and god had nothing to do with it?"
"Exactly!"
-------------------------------
Either god is involved in everything or he is involved in nothing.

So, if you believe that god is solely responsible for your wonderful life, then you must accept that god is solely responsible for the hell other people are going through. Who are you that god should feed and clothe and love you, and not the millions of children starving to death every day, and not the women and children being raped and murdered everyday, and not the falsely imprisoned, and not the sickly, and not those addicted to drugs or alcohol? What makes you so special?

Answer: You're not special, and god has had nothing to do with your life. But, take comfort in the fact that whoever you are, whatever you are, YOU made your wonderful life! And, that's not bad; not bad at all.

edit on 3/24/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/24/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
It's nice to hear someone publicly proclaiming their gratitude for all that life can be.
It is an amazing experience not to be taken for granted.

I truly feel for those who don't get what the OP is saying - I understand, I've been there before, not acknowledging a higher power or a creative spirit that lives in all things. Much of what we get from life is a product of what we project from ourselves; if we think positively, positive things happen.

I am grateful for all I have too pardner.
You only have to lose someone important to you to discover how fragile and short life really is.
It's a short ride people.
Better enjoy it while it lasts.
Anything else is just wasting your time and that is limited.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Either god is involved in everything or he is involved in nothing.

So, if you believe that god is solely responsible for your wonderful life, then you must accept that god is solely responsible for the hell other people are going through. Who are you that god should feed and clothe and love you, and not the millions of children starving to death every day, and not the women and children being raped and murdered everyday, and not the falsely imprisoned, and not the sickly, and not those addicted to drugs or alcohol? What makes you so special?

A few years back an Uncle of mine directly stated that he had been given his new job with the help of God because he prayed for help, I thought ''Hold on, look at the suffering in the world and you think God used his infinite power to help you get a job? Something so trivial in the grand scheme of things?''

So, Jigger's comment on either God being involved in everything or nothing rings true to me. There can be no middle ground and if there is can someone please explain it?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
wow. Some of yall dont get it.

@asktheanimals gets it

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join