It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From the bottom of my heart......Thank you God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
wow. Some of yall dont get it.

@asktheanimals gets it

No, some of us do get it and are offended that you praise a God that apparently doesn't help people who truly need it, you have a nice cushy life, fair enough, you probably deserve it but you say God provided you with this life yet you won't acknowledge that God can help the pure suffering of others who really need it but doesn't.

Why don't you respond with an answer to my above post instead of saying we 'don't get it'?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

From the bottom of my heart ........Thank you God.
My soul is pure and untainted by sin and lie...I before my Father like those before Me, I shall not fear of the Evil one,but I shall forgive like those forgiven before Me.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It makes me SO happy to see when people can step back and appereciate a wonderful moment in life instead of taking it for granted.

I'm glad you had a wonderful day.

(I think people need to leave the "god" part alone here, and let it be what it is to the OP.)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

obviously your not one of those Jesus freaks

If you intend to troll, you failed, because this is a compliment, not a curse.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0rbital

wow. Some of yall dont get it.

@asktheanimals gets it

No, some of us do get it and are offended that you praise a God that apparently doesn't help people who truly need it, you have a nice cushy life, fair enough, you probably deserve it but you say God provided you with this life yet you won't acknowledge that God can help the pure suffering of others who really need it but doesn't.

Why don't you respond with an answer to my above post instead of saying we 'don't get it'?

Because I answered what you are asking in my previous post. Do yourself a favor and re-read through the other posts before yours.

But seeing as you want special treatment, I will specificly address YOU. I am not giving praise to a God as in the sense that you apparently see it. As I said in previous posts, to me God is life itself. Not some breaded old man atop the clouds passing judjments, raining down gifts along with devistation.

So for the slow learners out there you might say I am from the bottom of my heart, thanking Life and all that it is.

So there you go good fellow Orbital, does that answer your question?
edit on 25-3-2012 by Talltexxxan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

So for the slow learners out there you might say I am from the bottom of my heart, thanking Life and all that it is.

Nice insult, very well done, pat yourself on the back for that one.

So, why not create a thread thanking nature instead of God? I understand you don't involve yourself in religion so why not cut the crap and say what you mean? You've already attracted people here who sound like they're giving sermons.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Seriously people, it is about his appreciation of life. Can't you just let him enjoy it and share it?

edit on 25-3-2012 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

to me God is life
Without soul?....and without a name?

itself

Then God is" itself"...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 0rbital

Nobody is going to pop out of the clouds and smite our enemies for us, pat us on the head and drop us off in the garden of Eden. We are all created with certain aptitudes and talents and the capacity for feelings like happiness or despair.
The negativity in the world can easily overwhelm us, I was badly depressed as a teenager and hospitalized for suicidal thoughts. I was happier after treatment not because of any pills or therapy but because I realized that my thoughts and emotions were under my control.

I've had a pretty good life up until 4 years ago when I became ill and disabled. For reasons unknown my spinal cord swelled up in my neck making me numb from the neck down. They cut half the vertebrae in my neck off to allow for the swelling leaving me in constant pain since.
I can no longer work a regular job, run, walk any distance, or do most of the things I did for fun including the benefits of being with the opposite sex. Not something I admit very often, I'm sure you can understand why. It's a hard knock for any man to take. But I tell you now because you should know that people can still be happy regardless of the circumstances. Life is really what we make of it, not what it makes of you. Our emotional states are ours to control when we choose to do so.

We have free will on Earth and if we # it up, that's our fault not God's. We are the created and were born free to make whatever we can of our lives and happiness.
The OP meant no judgement on others by saying "they don't get it". It's just a phase of understanding life you haven't run in to yet. If life is too easy we tend to mess things up. When things get hard we find the best in ourselves and others.

You can do a lot of living in 52 years and gain experiences that only come with time. Like the parable says "we have 2 wolves inside us that are constantly fighting for control, one is evil the other is good. The one that wins is the one that you feed more often".
In my experience that is a truth you can count on.

Best regards.
ATA
edit on 25-3-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamondsmith

to me God is life

itself

Then God is" itself"...

I am sorry my mistake ...my post are wrong because they "are always some nosenseical jibberish"

and they are

" all bread and no meat"

but I hope

"will ever actually be somthing of substance"

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Nice insult, very well done, pat yourself on the back for that one.

So, why not create a thread thanking nature instead of God? I understand you don't involve yourself in religion so why not cut the crap and say what you mean? You've already attracted people here who sound like they're giving sermons.

I hope for you that you can see life someday past your one dimensional mindset. Words can have more meanings than just what is directly said. I used the word God for everyone to be able to relate to somthing that they understand in their own way.

Think about a piece of art. If a man paints a picture of a building and calls the painting "building", then it probobely doesnt leave a whole lot of room for inner reflection of the piece. But if he paints a picture of a building and calls it "life". Then maybe you might stand there alittle longer and have some good inner dialoge.

Enjoy life buddy...It will be the longest thing you ever do, but its still incredably short.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

to me God is life

itself

Then God is" itself"...

I am sorry my mistake ...my post are wrong because they "are always some nosenseical jibberish"

and they are

" all bread and no meat"

but I hope

"will ever actually be somthing of substance"

Still holding alittle bit of a grudge I see.

Mr. diamond smith you have a way of thinking that I do not believe I will ever understand. And by the number of stars that my comment received on your thread, it can be assumed that many many others feel the same way.

So dont blame me bud, for people (including myself) not being able to understand your line of thinking.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

And by the number of stars that my comment received on your thread
Except that I was not (allowed)able to defend myself.

In a thread where I tell my own experience of life,just a real experience of life ,nothing more.

But star and flag from me.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

And by the number of stars that my comment received on your thread
Except that I was not (allowed)able to defend myself.

In a thread where I tell my own experience of life,just a real experience of life ,nothing more.

But star and flag from me.
Because every opinion has the right to be accepted

and criticized with ARGUMENTS on Topic regarding to the Subject of the thread

in order to Deny Ignorance

I guess......

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
Seriously people, it is about his appreciation of life. Can't you just let him enjoy it and share it?

edit on 25-3-2012 by tinker9917 because: (no reason given)

If the thread was anywhere but the rant section I wouldn't have even commented, sorry to put a downer on such a positive thread but.......it's the rant section and I feel justified speaking my feelings

I hope for you that you can see life someday past your one dimensional mindset.

Look man, I loved that you recognised how special life is and that you had a magnificent day, too many of us take life for granted and that's a huge human failing. My problem is not that I am one dimensional like you blindly assume, it's that man does not put enough faith in man, faith in man is what's needed, not in God. Why didn't you thank the people who made the car that you were safely driving home in in such a blissful state? Why not thank yourself for choosing to help those people you mentioned or your parents for bringing you up with a kind heart which allows you to help others? Why not thank yourself for.....well.....you get my point.

God was not responsible for those things, he did not intervene, if God interferes in Earth's proceedings then the law of free will would have been broken. You said when you speak of God you speak of 'everything' so don't think I don't understand what you mean, I'm just saying it amounts to the same thing.

edit on 25-3-2012 by 0rbital because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2012 by 0rbital because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

I've had a pretty good life up until 4 years ago when I became ill and disabled. For reasons unknown my spinal cord swelled up in my neck making me numb from the neck down. They cut half the vertebrae in my neck off to allow for the swelling leaving me in constant pain since.

Harsh. Although I read, acknowledge and agree with most of the rest of your post I only want to reply to say I hope you feel better as time goes on. Nature can rip us off in fine style I'm afraid.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Nope, no trolling.

Just opinions and open-mindedness.
THX

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Harsh. Although I read, acknowledge and agree with most of the rest of your post I only want to reply to say I hope you feel better as time goes on. Nature can rip us off in fine style I'm afraid.

Thanks Orbital, I do appreciate the sentiment. I'm pretty sure things will never change for the better though and I'm not holding out hope for some kind of cure. My point is that I'm actually quite happy; I've had to accept a lot of changes but I got what I got - and if I can't be happy with that then I might as well jump off a bridge somewhere.
Nobody ripped me off though - # happens. At one time an MRI showed a blob and I had a false diagnosis of spinal cancer which is 100% fatal. For 2 months I though I would die within 2 years. It made me really focus on what matters most to me (family, friends and music). I just wish other people could find the inner peace I have without going though so much hell to find it.
Again, thank you for the kind words.

edit on 25-3-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Everyone regardless of if you thank a God or just feel thankful.....you should be thankful.

It can all go away in the twinkle of an eye. Be thankful now.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join