It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Filmed in Dallas From a Plane - Analyzed & Enhanced - March 2012

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
at the guys saying this is a bird...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

That's just straight B.S. Hoaxkiller gets attacked all the time just for having a differing opinion, and he only gets banned for insulting people who insult him first.

He also is not just a video and image analyst, he actually investigates the entire UFO case, and finds out who is responsible, etc.. He doesn't just prove things are fake either. He proves if they are real too, and if they are real he will try to explain what they are.

You are just one of the many haters who caused him to get banned because you attack and insult him constantly (your entire post is a giant attack on him), and he has the nerve to do it back.

You just lied and accused him of invading privacy and releasing personal information... that is slander. And you wonder why he insults people like you....

edit on 26-3-2012 by UnumSecretum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Ok it does appear to be turning in this screenshot:

See the two white wings, that were previously unnoticed in other frames.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaws1975:
"Confirmation bias goes both ways, and from reading this thread it is abundantly clear that a lot of the debunkers are every bit as deluded as the tinfoil hat types!"

Originally posted by greeneyedleo:
"really? the ones who have a higher level of expectation and demand a bit more are deluded?
ok then!
"

Sorry, but anyone who could offer up the bird hypothesis (and there've been a handful in this thread) without even attempting to address the obvious problem with that explanation is every bit as guilty of bias and force-fitting as those gullible and credulous 'believers' who'll see an alien in every video posted. 'Bird' is not a "higher level of expectation and demand" than that of the UFO true believers; it's an equivalent level, just in the opposite direction.

And in case anyone gives serious credence to the bird theory, just ask yourself: what is this bird's heading with respect to the aircraft's? Even if it were perpendicular, -90 here (which is the bird advocates' admitted best case), why is ANY component of a bird's motion passing from aft of a ~250mph aircraft's tail to beyond its nose, 5 o'clock to 1 o'clock? The direction of aircraft travel is clear, and there is no realistic combination of camera lens, camera zoom setting and aircraft window distortion that could cause such a mis-perception.

Other members in this thread have said that they've seen fighter jets pass their airliner at these apparent speeds... which is just laughable on its face. Think of even a small fighter jet's size, then imagine angular size vs. distance, angular speed as it relates to actual speed, and so on. It's high-school trigonometry. If the 'UFOs' in this video are even the smallest fighter-style jets the U.S. flies, like an F-5 or T-38, then they're traveling at probably mach 5. (And that's closer to the speed of the missiles used to shoot such fighter jets down.)

So jaws1975 makes not just a valid, but an important point: some of the knee-jerk debunkers around here offer up 'explanations' that are every bit as intellectually disingenuous as those of the knee-jerk believers. And it's disappointing to see people turn their heads, either way (toward or away from the ETH), with so little real analysis taking place.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
It still seems unnatural to me, I am calling HOAX on this.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I saw a formation of three of them over Hawthorne, CA at 4pm about two weeks ago. It was a cloudless day and their white "body" was clearly visible. I cannot guess their altitude. They traveled at an incredible speed and they looked like a projection. There was no time to grab my iPhone and open the cam app :-(

The crazy thing is: a thought about UFOs popped up out of nowhere and I then looked up. Beats me ...

On a side note: each time President Obama has visited LA, CA I've seen a certain thing in the sky that reminded me of these UFOs. So far Marine 1 has always flown over our house.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
This stuff is only going to get harder as we get better and more advanced at CGI. I'll admit to getting carried away with it because I believe there's something out there and that it's maybe only a matter of time (partly for reasons that are more personal to me right now, but will maybe speak more of at some other time. not a fan of coming across as a "UFO nut" when I'm using my real name on this site!) before we see something real.

Anyway, to the believers : it's usually best stepping back from this stuff until some time has passed (Like I'm hopefully doing from here on out.) because many of the "debunkers" as you often think of them are only looking for the truth like we are.

To the debunkers/skeptics : I guess that even though some of these videos are getting better as time passes, it's worth keeping more of an open mind. For the simple reason that just because it can be done by CGI it doesn't mean it is CGI. We might get to a point soon where we can reproduce almost anything, including genuine sightings. So if we keep calling CGI we might actually be passing over genuine footage.

Which is another angle to this. If it can be reproduced by CGI then those with a less honest intent in this field will be the first to call it that, and soon, if we can reproduce most cases but just keep saying CGI because it's possible, where does that leave us in finding the truth?

Looks like any Aliens out there are going to have to pull off some impressive stuff with their UFO's if they want to remove doubt...

The good thing is that if they ever try pulling off Blue Beam we've got a lot of people around here that might see it for what it is pretty quickly. I wonder what they'll do then if that happens? Will we be conveniently silenced, or have threads closed, or even the site shut down?

Things never get any easier do they?

Respect to all those genuinely looking for the truth, maybe we'll actually get it one day and have the courage to accept it for what it is.
edit on 26-3-2012 by robhines because: typo

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Although this video looks pretty cool and undoctored. My first guess is that this is ice detaching from the wings edges.
Any object that close would appear to be moving extremely fast. Watch it again and imagine ice from the trailing edge of the wing detaching.

EDIT- I take that back, of course the object is flying in the wrong direction for ice!

reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

edit on 26-3-2012 by HobsonsChoice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by leecarver430

Also, the "UFOs" appear to move up at some frames along with the plane turbulence and don't stick with a straight path on the background terrain.

Good eye. That would lend to reflection as well. If the image rises with the turbulence it is part of the aircraft (window). I hate saying that. It otherwise is a really intriguing video.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by HobsonsChoice

maybe its in reverse?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnumSecretum
reply to post by robhines

This video:
www.youtube.com...
..and this video:
www.youtube.com...

They are both from the same person.
One flight is from Amsterdam to Dallas, and the other just happens to be from Dallas too.
Both videos are only 720p.
Both videos seem to have the same quality, brightness, and contrast.
Both videos seem to have the same exact sound quality.
Both videos are nearly from the same position in the aircraft.
Both videos show the UFO for a very short time in the beginning of the video.
Both videos show a few seconds of normal video after the UFO is out of view.

The first video from Amsterdam has many CGI flaws in it....

These should all be red flags to you...

Think you get stars for apt detective work there UnumSecretum. I watched the first one you listed, "Amsterdam". In the "Show More" section just below the video there is another link to an enhanced version by the same person and I bring it here. First the Amsterdam one you linked:

Now the "enhanced" version they made of the same video:

These are the same people like you said that made the "Dallas" video brought by OP. Some others on here can review the enhanced version of "Amsterdam" and tell better than me what it represents.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
looks like light reflecting of a metallic surface reflecting on the Perspex/glass window.

like a trolley rolling down the aisle.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Well, for at least a couple decades, we've likely had ram jets that have a ionized exterior. The electric current moves the air faster over the skin of the plane so it has less resistance and sound. The Ram Jet only works once the plane gets moving faster than sound.

It SHOULD glow, as the ionization would create some plasma effects with the air.

A lot of aircraft are out of Groom, Texas.

The OTHER interesting thing -- which is probably old hat by now, is supersonic torpedoes. Apparently, the "missile shield" technology is a failure before it ever got working right -- as a few nations now can send a missile underwater -- i travels in it's own shock wave so it moves in a self-sustaining vacuum. The REAL tech challenge is how to turn the torpedo once it is moving, which requires carefully distorting the shockwave envelope. I'm guessing the OTHER problem would be hitting a fish in the water, but maybe the water envelope would push that out of the way -- not really sure.

Anyway; I just wanted to point out that we have "legitimate" vehicles that would come up as UFO or UWO if anyone caught sight of them -- and likely there are a lot more.

>> I can't tell anything from this video. There is not enough to say that most ANY video with an object in it could not be faked -- the rendering technology now is too good. I'm surprised we haven't seen high definition videos with detailed craft complete with reflected dust and scenery -- the technology has been around for over a decade to produce something believable on the desktop. With rotoscoping, motion tracking, and being able to render reflections from the scenery -- I could do it myself.

So unfortunately, I don't think anything is going to be PROVED unless we have a dozen people shooting video of it, and it interacts with a building, airplane, or lands.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
has anyone attempted to scale the video and approximate speed?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Correct me if i'm wrong but youtube only displays videos at thirty frames per second. If we were in possession of the original video we might be able to distinguish what it is with a higher resolution, 60 FPS.

I have found a couple of websites that may be of great interest in identifying the altitude/air speeds of commercial aircraft. It uses ADS-B transponders to relay the information on a GUI Map, you click on the plane to get up the relevant information.
I believe there is seven days worth of data, sometimes real time identity is not always possible. There is one drawback concerning the USA, the coverage, 30% in USA and about 70% in Europe of planes use the ADS-B transponder.

www.flightradar24.com...

casperflights.com...
edit on 26-3-2012 by Deeplyshallow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnumSecretum
reply to post by Pinke

That's just straight B.S. Hoaxkiller gets attacked all the time just for having a differing opinion, and he only gets banned for insulting people who insult him first.

He also is not just a video and image analyst, he actually investigates the entire UFO case, and finds out who is responsible, etc.. He doesn't just prove things are fake either. He proves if they are real too, and if they are real he will try to explain what they are.

You are just one of the many haters who caused him to get banned because you attack and insult him constantly (your entire post is a giant attack on him), and he has the nerve to do it back.

You just lied and accused him of invading privacy and releasing personal information... that is slander. And you wonder why he insults people like you....

edit on 26-3-2012 by UnumSecretum because: (no reason given)

If you are not Hoaxkiller himself, then you must be the guy's best friend because so far all your posts have been talking about CGI or linking to hoaxkillers videos or you've been talking about Hoaxkiller as you are now. The video you posted on page 7 by Hoaxkiller isn't availible to the public so only ATS members who saw your post could have viewed it and by the time I clicked to watch I was only the 6th person to view it, so how did you get it?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
an airline just taking off or landing over a city will be not be at cruising speed and after a little digging i found the video below, apparently RC jet powered planes can hit 360 miles per hour!!!! check it out, could be something like this?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

Nice thread, for once i've seen a ufo video that definately strikes me as odd. Either those are some top-secret stealth jets that can pass by very fast or those are UFO's. Since the plane is clearly in mid flight a fighter jet would cruise by quite noticably. As far as I know fighter jets do not have clearance to fly at low altitude over a densely popoulated area unless they are descending for an airstrike. Even then the jets would be going slow enough to remain visible at least through 10-15 frames not 7. Fighter jets never fly in coupled pairs unless another hostile aircraft is on them and they have to break off into an evasion pattern which are usually still very organized. Also when they do any sort of run or training exercise fighter jets flight in a very tight organized pattern. So from my opinion, those are no fighter jets. Unless that is they are highly advanced supersonic jets in which the pilots do not fly in an organized fashion. Who knows maybe the aliens wanted to get an aerial view of the Cowboys.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Those aren't fighter jets, in my reply to the op on page 10 I explain why. It's just not plausable.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
judging by how much distance it covers in the time that it does,(using the city blocks and background as reference)and estimating the altitude of the 1st object,that thing would be moving at approx 4600 to6000 mph.i guess that we may have that capability,but if it were a jet or some other man made object wouldnt there have been sonic booms,especially flying at such a low altitude?imagine the shock waves pounds per square foot,at that altitude.all the windows on the high rises would have been blown out if this was conventional technology.i say secret human craft or alien,either way it must have its own inertia shield or something.also if it were a supersonic jet it would have been loud as hell even it there was no sonic boom.just my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join