It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is George Zimmerman and What About the Police?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

No, Zimmerman acknowledges he confronted Martin. The girlfriend confirms this since she heard Zimmerman confront Martin. He then claims to have been trying to leave when he was attacked from behind.

What makes no sense is why he suddenly decided to leave after chasing Martin down and confronting him.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought there was some new claim. It's late lol. It doesn't make sense to me. Do you have a link I can read?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

www.nationalreview.com...

I found something even more interesting.

But anyway, here is apparently his first account, which has been proven false since his girlfriend heard Zimmerman confront Martin.

Sanford police said Zimmerman did not indicate a chase, telling them instead that "he had lost sight of Trayvon and was returning to his truck to meet the police officer when he says he was attacked by Trayvon," the police said in the letter posted by Bonaparte.

motherjones.com...

I will try to find the other report where Martin himself says he confronted Zimmerman.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

This story has more twists then a Pretzel.

Interesting find Tsuki...........

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Well I cant find any report where it says that Zimmerman said he confronted Martin. I was mistaken on that detail it seems. But we still know, via Martins girlfriend who heard it over the phone, that Zimmerman confronted Martin. Which does not pan out with his account of things. So someone is lying.

On a side note: I cant find anything about Zimmerman directly defending his own story. It seems as if he speaks second hand through police and his attorney. I would like to hear Martins story from his own mouth. Who is with me!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

In a few days,Zimmerman will be behind bars. Thats just the feeling I have.

I am surprised,in this day and age,NO ONE has video of this.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

In a few days,Zimmerman will be behind bars. Thats just the feeling I have.

I am surprised,in this day and age,NO ONE has video of this.

I know, I am shocked too. I am surprised NO ONE witnessed the whole thing. I think that there is evidence that we have not seen yet.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I believe the "new witness" who isn't a new witness at all (vid below shows the same interview but it was on a local news cast that took place the day after Trayvon Martin's shooting), is the same witness that ABC's report claims an officer, at the scene of the shooting, misled and has later said that he saw Zimmerman on top of Martin, not the other way around.

edit on 24-3-2012 by Kali74 because: oops vid

Do you have any source for the witness recanting his statement and claiming that Zimmerman was on top of Martin and not Martin on top of Zimmerman as we have been told?

This is the first I have heard of what you are claiming, so I am very interested in this development.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Charmed707

The second sentence was not an answer. Zimmerman's suspicions of strangers roaming the neighborhood had been raised due to the recent break-ins. Of course he will be eyeing the black males in particular because they are the demographic most likely to be responsible for such a crime. It's only common sense.

Your statictics are not true and anyone that bothers to think about it would know its not true...whites far outnumber blacks in population...here are the real stats from 2008...

As of 2008, a statistics report which surveyed all persons arrested for offending, stated that of the crimes surveyed for which the identity of the offender could be determined, 77.2 percent of all persons arrested were white or Hispanic, 20.3 percent of people arrested for offending were black or black and Hispanic; and the remaining 2.4 percent were of other races. After arrest, 45.1% of violent crimes and 17.4% of property crimes nationwide were cleared by arrest or exceptional means.[11]

Now this should put to rest your claims of the opposite...here is the link complete with further links on the page I took this quote from...

en.wikipedia.org...

The facts as we know them in this case are cloudy at best...but certainly smelly at worst...something is not right and we can only hope that a Grand Jury can reach a decision no matter what it is we must support it. Before spouting inaccurate statistics perhaps you should lok it up first.

reply to post by Kali74

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I should know by now...stating facts is racist.

signature:

Kinda silly now isn't it....facts are above your quote for all to see...will not call you racist but misinformed...but your facts are wrongly not factual
edit on 3/25/2012 by DJMSN because: add

edit on 3/25/2012 by DJMSN because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/25/2012 by DJMSN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

reply to post by Charmed707

'Racial profiling' is certainly not 'irrational'. Black males are more likely than males of other races to commit crime.

IMO racial profiling is irrational. According to whom are black males more likely to commit crime, Stormfront?

You should have googled that first.. FBI crime statistics by race. Results will vary a bit but you must consider that blacks only make up 13% of the population.

U
edit on 25-3-2012 by USarmyFL because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2012 by USarmyFL because: add

edit on 25-3-2012 by USarmyFL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

According to statistics. There is a reason why our prisons are overflowing with blacks and hispanics. Of course, this has less to do with race and more to do with social and economic status, but the fact remains that more minorities are in a position where they are likely to resort to crime as a means to an end.

As for killing Martin, from what I've read and heard, Zimmerman and Martin were involved in a scuffle outside. Martin saw Zimmerman had a gun and tried to take it from him; Zimmerman, fearing for his life, shot Martin in an act of self defense. The whole thing is a tragedy and if Zimmerman didn't have a gun on him Martin would probably still be alive. The fact remains, however, that if someone reaches for your gun with the intention to shoot you and you manage the get a shot off at him/her first, you are acting in self defense. Therefore, you should not be charged with first or second degree murder.

We could argue that once he had hold of his gun, Zimmerman should have performed a citizens arrest on Martin and waited for the police to arrive, but people seldom think clearly in fights.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Yes and I believe Zimmerman needs to stand trial and I don't understand why he's not been arrested.

Read Florida law and get the facts and you'll get why he wasn't arrested.It's not hard to understand.I'm not saying anything else about this because the mod's will slap me on the wrist again.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
reply to post by Kali74

Yes Zimmerman does need to stand a fair trial, but so does the Sanford Police Department. They have a lot of explaining to do just as much as Zimmerman does. No one is getting off the hook that easily.

He won't get a fair trial.He'll get convicted if the jury is even half black.This case is ridiculous.The man hasn't been charged because under Florida law you have a right to defend yourself.Again,look at the facts.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Yes and I believe Zimmerman needs to stand trial and I don't understand why he's not been arrested.

Read Florida law and get the facts and you'll get why he wasn't arrested.It's not hard to understand.I'm not saying anything else about this because the mod's will slap me on the wrist again.

Give me a break. It is easy to understand why he was not arrested when the Police admit they did not interview people they should have interviewed. That is a fact.

It is also a fact that Police believed that Zimmerman had a "squeaky clean" record, which also turned out not to be accurate.

You dont need to read Florida law to know sloppy police work when you see it.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I was mistaken it wasn't this "John" who is changing his story or claiming to have been lead by police.
It was the teacher, from my OP:

Another officer corrected a witness after she told him that she heard the teen cry for help. The officer told the witness, a long-time teacher, it was Zimmerman who cried for help, said the witness. ABC News has spoken to the teacher and she confirmed that the officer corrected her when she said she heard the teenager shout for help.

ABC

There's an audio of her 911 call in an article of Mother Jones, it's the last one of the listed audio files titled "Why would this man just shoot him?"
Mother Jones
edit on 25-3-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by ker2010

6'3" and 170lbs vs. 5' 200lbs.? Yeah I think the kid could have beaten him to death. When you say the kid would not have broken into a house with Zimmerman following you are proving my point. If someone was overpowering me and I had a gun on my waist and was worried they were going for the gun (which the kid may have been doing, non of us really know) then I would shoot too. Take the race out of the equation and I think more people would be willing to wait for some more info.

Had Zimmerman not followed him like the dispatcher told him this never would have happened. People have the right to walk down the street without having some gun toting idiot starting a confrontation which led to this kids death.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

You're right it's not hard to understand the law, my question is why didn't the police follow the protocols of investigation used to ensure those laws haven't been broken, such as administer drug and alcohol testing on any person that has just killed another?

You could try actually reading my OP and seeing that there are serious questions that need to be answered, I highly doubt that had the police done there job properly their would be any question that Zimmerman is NOT protected by Stand Your Ground.
edit on 25-3-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

According to statistics. There is a reason why our prisons are overflowing with blacks and hispanics. Of course, this has less to do with race and more to do with social and economic status, but the fact remains that more minorities are in a position where they are likely to resort to crime as a means to an end.

Subject for a different thread but I tend to agree with you that it has so much more to do with economics, however, minorities are convicted more often and with longer sentences than whites charged with similar crimes...and I believe this has a lot to do with Private Prison, where cheap/slave labor is exploited.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Young black kid walking home after dark+ documented overzealous cop wash out with a gun =?
Well go figure the kid is the one who is to blame for getting his arse shot.
Pathetic... I have taught my own kids to not be victims. To take action if a "creeper" is following and Zimmerman was being a creeper by following someone who he only had his own suspicions to suspect of anything. I would have confronted him, my own kids would have either confronted or ran from him and any body else being followed by a crusty looking guy in the dark would do something. So even if this Trayvon kid confronted Zimmerman it was due to Zimmerman playing cop with no ID or authorization but a real gun. How this even is being defended is just plain crap and has distinct racial overtones. "I want to report a black male approximately 4' tall and 7-9 yrs old" was one of his scores of 911 calls. Kinda makes you feel a little sick thinking there might be one of these types "guarding" your neighbor hood? As for the "stand your ground" bull crap.Zimmerman tossed it when he got out of the car and pursued the kid. You can't be standing your ground as you follow someone.
So we got a failed cop turned vigilante who chased his "suspect" and when confronted for it, used deadly force on an unarmed young man. His defense attorney has a mountain to climb don't he?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

George Zimmerman dreamed of being a cop.

But he isn't a cop.
He isn't a rent-a-cop.
He isn't a security guard or even a member of a recognized Neighborhood Watch Program - and didn't follow the rules of the program. He is a self-appointed "captain" of an unregistered program that may or may not have other members.

George Zimmerman is a vigilante.

He called 911 nearly 50 times in the past year to report "suspicious activity" in his neighborhood. That's nearly one call a week.

LA Times
the grio
Miami Herald

...passionate about neighborhood security...
...took it upon himself to do nightly patrols...
...self-appointed captain of the neighborhood watch program...

Is the media making a huge deal out of this and adding as much drama as possible? YES. But the facts of the case cannot be denied:

Zimmerman pursued and shot an unarmed kid without justification.

Even IF Trayvon attacked him, Zimmerman STILL disobeyed police and followed Martin, actually giving Trayvon the legal advantage of a "self-defense" attack on Zimmerman. (I don't think that's the way it happened).

I personally think Zimmerman had an issue with "black men", but it's irrelevant to the case, IMO. I have heard the supposed 'racial slur' on the tape and I KNOW the media is wrong about that. The word Zimmerman said was " ******* Punks" not, "...Coons".

I think murder is murder, regardless the motivation. Whether or not this is a "hate crime", the man should be arrested and tried for murder.

I cannot believe how much misinformation I see here on ATS about this issue. But I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince someone who has the mindset to defend Zimmerman in ANY way.

I eagerly (and patiently) await the outcome of the state and federal investigations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join