It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is George Zimmerman and What About the Police?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by DJMSN

First of all there's nothing wrong to profile and nothing wrong to racially profile. Keep in mind this was a gated community, with very few-non whites. Any time anything look out of place, you should be suspicious! In this case, he was suspicious because he was someone that looked like he didn't belong there, in the middle of the night, walking around like a criminal would.

Sorry but my community is a neighborhood watch community as well and there are no non-whites here, moreover so all the people here are very wealthy and don't dress like they just came from the ghetto. If I spotted a black male dressed like a thug at 2am you're damn sure I'm going to be suspicious, not because I'm racist, but simply because he doesn't belong. Sure he might be visiting, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to be suspicious. Here in my community, while not gated, we've had only 3 crimes in the past 10 years. All 3 were perpetrated by black males that don't live here in our community. Sorry, you can call me a racist all you want but the fact is I'm going to be suspicious of the group of people that have perpetrated all the crimes here.

Does this mean I won't be suspicious of white people, Asians, or anyone else? No. If I see something out of place, I report it. If I see a white teen girl walking around at 3am peering in windows, you're damn right I'm going to report that too.

As far as black people committing the most crimes, it's true. Deny it all you want but they have the highest crime rate per capita. Just look at their main music, gangsta rap, it does nothing but promote crime and teach their children to be thugs. Rather than being a bleeding heart and denying it, why don't we work to change it? Why don't we work to get them out of the ghettos, work to improve the quality of their life, work to help them find good jobs and not live lives of crime? The first rule of CHANGE is to not deny you NEED CHANGE. I personally donate $100 to black charities every year. Imagine if everyone did!

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Where is all this discussion getting us kali?

NO WHERE

You can preach and post sources all you want all day long and make new threads daily and it still isn't going to change the minds of either side nor come to a conclusive verdict. I really wish the mainstream media wouldn't have reported this so sensationally because i'm tired of reading about this distraction from things that truly matter. This specific topic is a dead end and will not lead to any solution. People are corrupt, everyone's racist to some extent. It's something we ALL have to work on. Lets move forward and try to find solutions to these future problems. I can talk and bitch all day about the different racial killings that weren't so hyped on the media and more severe and the majority of you would be
Huh this happened? Why do all the high traffic media sources not pick up on this? It's not beneficial to them, that's why. They always seem to sensationalize something to the max when things more detrimental to our society are going on behind closed doors.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

I said nothing about profiling and I never called anyone racist. I disputed a "Factual" statement from someone else and provided the real facts...Whites committ 70% of the crimes in America as oppose to African Americans committing 20 %. As for racial profiling no one has a problem with it until they are the one being profiled...a majority of Americans white in color fly...how many threads are there on this site alone complaining about being profiled by TSA ?

I have no problem with being stopped and questioned professionally...by a police officer however that is not what occurred in this case and a young man is dead....the young man was a guest in the gated community...this could have been avoided if Mr. Zimmerman had followed basic rules of the National Neighborhood Watch program...instead he failed to follow orders from a Law Enforcement Officer and continued to follow and pursue and then shot an unarmed 140 pound 17 year old....it was raining outside at the time of the incident and the kid had a hoodie on...I have a hooded jacket and use it all the time...is it a crime ?

Mr Zimmerman has had numerous complaints filed thru the Home Owners Association about his aggressive behavoir...the man used words that are not acceptable for a professional or anyone else to use when speaking to the 911 operator..the facts are he becasme police...judge and juror...then executioner without even being questioned about his actions. This case should be decided in a courtroom and hopefully will be...then each side can present the facts as they know them and maybe a decision that alll can abide by will come to the forefront.

You give $100 dollars a year to charity...or in your case a "black charity"...does that justify the killing of any blacks that might stray thru your neighborhood ? Many give to charities without drawing the distinction between black and white as far as who they help...charity is for those that need it...both black and white and red or green and blue...in other words Americans
edit on 3/25/2012 by DJMSN because: add

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This whole thing of racial profiling is stupid. Zimmerman is not a profiler or a cop, he is a vigilante.
edit on 25-3-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

Originally posted by WP4YT

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
I read he refused a pat down

who is he to refuse ?

what a joke

He refused because he is anti-TSA and has called for the abolishment of the TSA in the past. He doesn't believe that the TSA has the right to pat down and violate American citizen's privacy with no warrant or probable cause. He wasn't just refusing because he felt privileged by being a US Senator. Stop spreading that lie that is now being perpetuated by the anti-freedom media in this country.
edit on 23-1-2012 by WP4YT because: (no reason given)

Here is one of your own post about how dutiful appointed law enforcement agents...aka...the TSA...does not have the authority to pat someone down without a warrant or probable cause...I suppose if Mr. Paul were black then you would not have a problem with it ? Or if Mr. Paul was in Muslim dress style...the constitution applies to all Americans...not just white ones...not just the priviledged few....thats All Americans period...but apparently its okay to you for someone wannabe neighborhood watch man to stop and question anyone based on speculation...innuendo...and pure bais ?

Come on you are smarter than that argument...this is a very smelly case and the man at the very least needs to explain himself to a jury...but he want have too because no lawyer worth his weight will ever allow the idiot on the stand
edit on 3/25/2012 by DJMSN because: add

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by WP4YT

Originally posted by WP4YT
Keep in mind this was a gated community, with very few-non whites.

You are wrong. Whites are a minority at Twin Lakes.

Census figures show Retreat at Twin Lakes is 49 percent white, non-Hispanic, 23 percent Hispanic, 20 percent African-American and 5 percent Asian.

Source

In this case, he was suspicious because he was someone that looked like he didn't belong there...

In a community where 20% of the people are black, how did Trayvon look "like he didn't belong there"?

in the middle of the night...

The 911 call was received at 7 PM.

walking around like a criminal would.

And how does a criminal walk around?

Are these the things you tell yourself to keep a tight hold on your position? Does it matter that what you're saying isn't at all true?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I'm always curious why a "wannabe" - did not become what they wanted most.

Some "wannabe" vigilante's are time bombs waiting to go off - - when they eventually put themselves into a situation they can't handle.

It sounds like Zimmerman had some ambition in high school. What happened?

Did the earlier encounter he had when accosted affect him? Was it a physical assault? Did he have a head injury?

Did he pursue law enforcement at all?

Maybe some of this will come out as time goes on or in trial.

If anyone hears/reads anything along this line - - - I'd like to hear it.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Might I remind everybody that George Zimmerman dialed 911 46 times in the last SIX years.

That is about once every three months, which is not a lot for anybody who is out looking for crimes or is a neighborhood watchman.

You act like he dialed 46 times in a week.
edit on 25-3-2012 by Cavalier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This particular article seems to lean positive toward Zimmerman - - IMO

In 2005, when he was 21, he was charged with assault on a police officer during an altercation over the arrest of one of his friends for underage drinking in a bar, but he chose a common route for first-time offenders: A pre-trial diversion that allowed him to escape a felony conviction. Such a conviction could have precluded him from having the permit that allowed him to carry the 9 mm gun used to shoot Trayvon.

Also in 2005, his then-fiancée accused Zimmerman of domestic violence when she filed a court injunction against him. He responded with an injunction of his own. Their court battled ended when the injunctions expired in 2006.

Having worked in the past as a car salesman, Zimmerman became interested in becoming a police officer. In 2008, he attended a four-month course at the local sheriff's department.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The fact of the matter is that Zimmerman disregarded the dispatcher when she told him not to follow Mr. Martin. He decided to play hero or compensate for his insecurities by harassing a young man. He confronted him, got his ass kicked and instead of trying to get away, he shot him. Self defense? Maybe.
I carry a gun at ALL times. I have been in confrontations that have led to physical violence. NOT ONCE have I felt the need to unholster my weapon. I do not understand why Mr. Zimmerman felt the need to shoot a young man who was unarmed and was doing nothing other than defending himself with his hands. There could have been a much different outcome had Zimmerman listened to the dispatcher or backed off before it became physical. It is a sad situation for everyone involved that didnt have to end the way it did.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Two more things I would like to point out that people seem to get wrong.

Martin was suspended for 10 days. The principal claims it was for being in unrestricted areas and for being tardy.
Let me ask you: What school gives a 10 day suspension for being tardy? I'v heard of truancy tickets, but nothing about suspending a 17 year old for 10 DAYS for just being tardy. Furthermore, the term "unrestricted areas" is very ambigous. It could mean he was breaking into a classroom, in somebody's office, etc etc. Generally, nothing good comes out of students being in "unrestricted areas"

My second point:

The girlfriend's phone call is unreliable at best. She can say anything she wants to because Martin is dead. Infact, you can see see how stupid this girl is by her testimoney she is giving, which she is making quiet a bit of money doing. She says she "heard Martin get shoved". Now, we all have phones, have you ever heard a *thud* on the other end of a line and immediately thought of somebody being shoved? No, that is silly, because every physical movement and action sounds the exact same on a phone...just a *thud*. This woman was not there at the time; she did not see anything. However, even if she turns out right, in that she really did hear someone being pushed, there is no way to determine if it was Martin or Zimmerman, unless Martin said "I'v just been pushed!", which he did not do because the line goes dead after the girlfriend hears a thud. Leaving me to believe that she didnt hear a thud at all; she actually just heard the phone drop or the phone slipped into Martin's pocket, or that she is making up the story entirely.

So, citing the girlfriend's phone call as evidence is bull.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Non racist, dems fightin words :-) to some status cros

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
This particular article seems to lean positive toward Zimmerman - - IMO

In 2005, when he was 21, he was charged with assault on a police officer during an altercation over the arrest of one of his friends for underage drinking in a bar, but he chose a common route for first-time offenders: A pre-trial diversion that allowed him to escape a felony conviction. Such a conviction could have precluded him from having the permit that allowed him to carry the 9 mm gun used to shoot Trayvon.

Also in 2005, his then-fiancée accused Zimmerman of domestic violence when she filed a court injunction against him. He responded with an injunction of his own. Their court battled ended when the injunctions expired in 2006.

Having worked in the past as a car salesman, Zimmerman became interested in becoming a police officer. In 2008, he attended a four-month course at the local sheriff's department.news.yahoo.com...

YUP compared to a BLACK minor with no serious social issues he is a gem. Assault on a cop, looks good on a police academy app. Domestic violence. More good stuff on the resume` Vigilante pursuit of someone judged suspicious ending in a dead unarmed minor.Well he WAS black and wearing a "hoodie"
Pillar of the community...feh! If we had this fool in our neighborhood he would have been run out in a heartbeat.Our cops would have his ass and all this bullcrap would be moot. Fact is this guy had no authority to follow or confront this minor, and if in doing so the kid felt threatened by this guy and defended himself what gave Zimmerman the right to cap him? If it were treyvon who capped Zimmerman and stood his ground think he would still be free? The racial bias is stifling and indicative of a fear and hatred of a deep level in many of the posts here.For myself I hope the kid got in some licks before this nut job capped him. It is what I would hope my own kid would do if followed by some self appointed punk. Just think if he were to have been prosecuted for the assault none of this would have happened. This guy was not even a rent-a-cop he was a creepy guy with a gun. And as for the phone call average,..."Suspect is a black male approx. 4' tall and 7-9 yrs old" like I said creep with a gun.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ker2010

Actually he wasnt going to his fathers.His father did not live in that community.His fathers fiancee lived there and she was unaware he was in the neighborhood. Which is why she didn't realize he was missing.So we havnt heard the whole story and there are lots of rumors running around. i think theres going to be major problems prosecuting Zimmerman since the only eye witness is corroborating his testimony. If hes not put in jail people will see this as an injustice and possibly cause further tensions in that community. If he is prosecuted and the events that occurred trayvon did indeed attack him. Then we have a miscarriage of justice. In which case means anyone can go to jail if they can get the public behind them.

This is obviously becoming a lose lose situation.The only way out is if the prosecutor can prove he is indeed guilty of murder and i dont believe he has the evidence or he would have been arrested all ready.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cavalier
What school gives a 10 day suspension for being tardy?

Lots of them.

We got a note from my granddaughter's middle school that she would be suspended for a week if she had anymore tardies.

There has been a huge crackdown on tardies the last couple years.

She's with her dad on the weekends - - we have no control over it - - but talked to all involved.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by ker2010

Actually he wasnt going to his fathers.His father did not live in that community.His fathers fiancee lived there and she was unaware he was in the neighborhood. Which is why she didn't realize he was missing.So we havnt heard the whole story and there are lots of rumors running around.

Is this direct information?

Do you have a link?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Lots of them.

We got a note from my granddaughter's middle school that she would be suspended for a week if she had anymore tardies.

She's with her dad on the weekends - - we have no control over it - - but talked to all involved.

Your ISD =/= every ISD.
'Nuff said.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmericanPitBull
If we had this fool in our neighborhood he would have been run out in a heartbeat.Our cops would have his ass and all this bullcrap would be moot.

For sure. Even Arizona cops have no use or patience for Vigilantes.

They ran the border Minutemen out quick when they pushed it too far.

Arizona has a similar law of defense - - but Arizona takes gun responsibility seriously.

Something is just not right with this case. Something is missing or hidden.
edit on 25-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Lots of them.

Your ISD =/= every ISD.
'Nuff said.

What does that mean?

So - - you want to "fry" Tayvon because he was on suspension for Tardies - - - because "some" schools take tardies seriously - - - you can't accept Tayvon's school did - - - and you want to make an issue of it.

Is that right?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Notice how it is being avoided that it was within Treyvon's right to stand HIS ground if confronted by Zimmerman?, if he did offer any resistance which is in question. If I were followed by some guy who was armed but not an identified authority and I felt threatened, if I were also armed could I shoot the other guy? Could I try and beat his arse if threatened? So who was "standing their ground" the kid headed to a destination in the neighborhood or the guy who chose to follow him? So many are ASSUMING authority of Zimmerman when he had none. They are assuming only he has a "stand your ground" defense but given the above it is apparent the actual defense was the young man's not the vigilante with a gun, again emphasizing the lack of evidence of any action by Treyvon other than inconclusive blurbs. Zimmerman pursued and killed a young man and like I said he would be cooling his heels in a cell here in some gun toting redneck logging country of Oregon until it all got sussed out. And he would have been drug tested, background checked and probably psych evaluated while there.
Vigilante kills innocent young man
Police fail on the investigation
Folks already stinking tired of heavy handed police see bias and get pissed
Parents are burying their child over one man's suspicions
Do some folks live in an alternate universe?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join