It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look to the sky Monday evening (the 25th) ~ how cool, God can do anything.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad
reply to post by colbe

how cool, God can do anything

Sorry to correct you but you're god cannot defeat chariots of iron

Judges 1:19 19 And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

The war was of the Lord, whose omnipotent aid would have ensured their success in every encounter, whether on the mountains or the plains, with foot soldiers or cavalry. It was distrust, the want of a simple and firm reliance on the promise of God, that made them afraid of the iron chariots (see on [210]Jos 11:4-9)

Do your research

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Its astronomy, thanks.
Venus, Jupiter, Moon hardly visible (its like a boat), Orion, Sirius, Mars, everything is there, but I didn't notice Mary nor Jesus. Thats a joke, sorry couldn't resist

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown
Since when the christian relegion is in corelation with astrology???
What you described is visibile starting tonight, its 9:30pm here, I saw it

The sign of the Fish is a Christian logo - It represents the early days of the age of Pisces in which Jesus was born
Religion and Philosophy of the world have always recognized stars and planets in their belief systems

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

That's a misleading belief. It's just galaxies, planets and moons and other stuff in the universe

edit on 24-3-2012 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad
reply to post by colbe

how cool, God can do anything

Sorry to correct you but you're god cannot defeat chariots of iron

Judges 1:19 19 And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

C.J.

You have the cutest (funny) avator pic. I never knew about this verse so I looked it up to see if there was a footnote to explain. I added first
two previous footnotes about verse 16 and 18 to help explain.

The first Bible was written in Latin (Latin Vulgate), this is from the English translation of the Vulgate, the Douy- Rheims Bible. www.drbo.org...

~ ~ ~

Judges 1:19-20
And the Lord was with Juda, and he possessed the hill country: but was not able to destroy the inhabitants of the valley, because they had many chariots armed with scythes. [20] And they gave Hebron to Caleb, as Moses had said, who destroyed out of it the three sons of Enac.

[16] The Cinite: Jethro the father in law of Moses was called Cinoeus, or the Cinite; and his children who came along with the children of Israel settled themselves among them in the land of Chanaan, embracing their worship and religion. From these the Rechabites sprung, of whom see Jer. 35.-- Ibid.

[18] Gaza: These were three of the principal cities of the Philistines, famous both in sacred and profane history. They were taken at this time by the Israelites: but as they took no care to put garrisons in them, the Philistines soon recovered them.

[19] Was not able: Through a cowardly fear of their chariots armed with hooks and scythes, and for want of confidence in God.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

That's a misleading belief. It's just galaxies, planets and moons and other stuff in the universe

You think it is a misleading belief but you like I do not know everything.

edit on 24-3-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
Venus is the brightest planet and can be seen in the morning and is known as the Morning Star -
Sirius is the brightest naked eye star and is also known as The Morning Star,

Sirius is Isis the mother of Horus our Sun note Jesus is often depicted with a Sun Halo in iconography
Isis conceived by immaculate conception also
Isis is also known as The Black Madonna though the followers of a Black Madona were persecuted and slaughtered as heretics by The Roman Catholic Church

"...............the heliacal rising of Sirius, namely the day it becomes visible just before sunrise after moving far enough away from the glare of the Sun. This occurred just before the annual flooding of the Nile and the summer solstice..................."

en.wikipedia.org...

There are plenty of sources regarding Sirius besides Wiki also if one cares to look.

artist,

You can show similarities between astrology and paganism with any subject even things Our Lord said and did. Seee...they're not the same.

Jesus did not come to earth to preach astrology or paganism but the opposite.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I respect that humans trying to find some means in life, and that would be truth imo, but this isn't middle ages.
People learned a lot from mistakes from the past

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LerroyJenkins

Lerroy,

I just saw your reply about distrust, the same as the footnotes in the Douay-Rheims. Very good, you already knew!!!

thank you,

colbe

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Venus is the brightest planet and can be seen in the morning and is known as the Morning Star -

Sirius is Isis the mother of Horus our Sun note Jesus is often depicted with a Sun Halo in iconography
Isis is also known as The Black Madonna though the followers of a Black Madona were persecuted and slaughtered as heretics by The Roman Catholic Church

"...............the heliacal rising of Sirius, namely the day it becomes visible just before sunrise after moving far enough away from the glare of the Sun. This occurred just before the annual flooding of the Nile and the summer solstice..................."

en.wikipedia.org...

There are plenty of sources regarding Sirius besides Wiki also if one cares to look.

artist,

You can show similarities between astrology and paganism with any subject even things Our Lord said and did. Seee...they're not the same.

Colbe,
can you, as a christian relegious man/woman, live in harmony with people who follow other religions?

Also, how would you describe the fact that Lord told you (and not only you, but to whole mankind) that he is the only god you suppose to believe in, but if not, you are condemned to hell (eternal fire)?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

artist,

Funny thing is I am not a Pagan or into astrology just stating historical facts
I am not into division, everyone is free to believe what they will
How do you know what my relationship with Jesus is?
You just assume in your zealotry.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I respect that humans trying to find some means in life, and that would be truth imo, but this isn't middle ages.

Sure this is not the middle ages but ancients were not bereft of deep insight and philosophy and intelligence - Perhaps we have more information in some matters yet ancients had knowledge of things we have lost because in many ways we are out of touch with nature
Yet modern day science is full of unanswered questions as to the cause of the Universe.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

You can find astrology is the Christian religion........here is just one of the many examples..........

www.paradoxplace.com...

All 12 signs with God at the top...

PLPL

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
reply to post by colbe

Thanks. I will be sure to check it out. Was pretty cool seeing Jupiter through the telescope last night against a light sky. Banding was just gorgious with low atmospheric dusturbance. Venus too was quit beautiful, the shear ammount of light she reflects is almost blinding even with a dark filter. Mars too was looking great around 11:30 last night. Could vagly make out a white cap on the top. The sky never sceases to amaze me.

You are welcome. I like the way you express yourself. Keep sharing.

Aaron and everyone, here is the link to the series number about the eclipse. It gives you good chills.

www.youtube.com...

And take a look at # 5, God stops a star!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Sure this is not the middle ages but ancients were not bereft of deep insight and philosophy and intelligence - Perhaps we have more information in some matters yet ancients had knowledge of things we have lost because in many ways we are out of touch with nature
Yet modern day science is full of unanswered questions as to the cause of the Universe.

You perfectly described progress. The more questions, the more you now you are moving forward

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minori
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

You can find astrology is the Christian religion........here is just one of the many examples..........

www.paradoxplace.com...

All 12 signs with God at the top...

PLPL

Good find - Also Celts and ancient Egyptians had astrological signs as did Mayans and in fact astrology seems to found in most all religions.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

artist,

Funny thing is I am not a Pagan or into astrology just stating historical facts
I am not into division, everyone is free to believe what they will
How do you know what my relationship with Jesus is?
You just assume in your zealotry.

artist,

Please don't take offense. You brought the subject up. I am trying
to share no matter the similarities, Paganism and Christianity, they are quite the opposite.

You can't compare them. A famous non-Catholic Christian author said you could do the same about McDonalds! About anything.....

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

For centuries Mary has been referred to as the “Morning Star”, the popular name of the Planet Venus.

See the paganism yet? Venus is the Roman name for Aphrodite, who was the "Queen of Heaven". Also blasphemy, because Jesus is the "Bright and Morning Star" referred to in scripture, not Mary.

2Pet 1:19 (NIV) And we have the word of the prophets made more certain, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.
Rev 2:28 (NIV) I will also give him the morning star.

Rev 22:16 (NIV) "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

Since it is clear that Jesus is the "Bright Morning Star" (even said so Himself) then how should we understand Isaiah 14:12?

Isa 14:12-15 (NIV) How you have fallen from heaven, O morning star, son of the dawn! You have been cast down to the earth, you who once laid low the nations! You said in your heart, "I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain. I will ascend above the tops of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High." But you are brought down to the grave, to the depths of the pit.

Nu 24:17 (NIV) "I see him, but not now; I behold him, but not near. A star will come out of Jacob; a sceptre will rise out of Israel..."
Mt 2:2 (NIV) and asked, "Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him."

Mt 2:7-10 (NIV) Then Herod called the Magi secretly and found out from them the exact time the star had appeared. He sent them to Bethlehem and said, "Go and make a careful search for the child. As soon as you find him, report to me, so that I too may go and worship him." After they had heard the king, they went on their way, and the star they had seen in the east went ahead of them until it stopped over the place where the child was. When they saw the star, they were overjoyed.

Keep exalting that human woman who was born into sin, over the Alpha and Omega. Keep exalting your pagan goddess Ishtar over Yahweh.

Now why on earth would Mary need a savior if she was pure?

The Song of Mary
46 And Mary said:

“My soul magnifies the Lord,
47 And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.
48 For He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant;
For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed.
49 For He who is mighty has done great things for me,
And holy is His name.
50 And His mercy is on those who fear Him
From generation to generation.
51 He has shown strength with His arm;
He has scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
52 He has put down the mighty from their thrones,
And exalted the lowly.
53 He has filled the hungry with good things,
And the rich He has sent away empty.
54 He has helped His servant Israel,
In remembrance of His mercy,
55 As He spoke to our fathers,
To Abraham and to his seed forever.”

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

You perfectly described progress. The more questions, the more you now you are moving forward

Very funny how gracious of you to say I am moving forward as if you knew where I was going or where I had been - Yet another way of creating division. You assume so much.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I don't know why are you so offensive, I was speaking from general point.
Let me try this way "The more questions science asking, the more it know its heading the right way".
Better?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join