It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look to the sky Monday evening (the 25th) ~ how cool, God can do anything.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown

Originally posted by colbe

Originally posted by artistpoet
Venus is the brightest planet and can be seen in the morning and is known as the Morning Star -
Sirius is the brightest naked eye star and is also known as The Morning Star,

Sirius is Isis the mother of Horus our Sun note Jesus is often depicted with a Sun Halo in iconography
Isis conceived by immaculate conception also
Isis is also known as The Black Madonna though the followers of a Black Madona were persecuted and slaughtered as heretics by The Roman Catholic Church

"...............the heliacal rising of Sirius, namely the day it becomes visible just before sunrise after moving far enough away from the glare of the Sun. This occurred just before the annual flooding of the Nile and the summer solstice..................."

en.wikipedia.org...

There are plenty of sources regarding Sirius besides Wiki also if one cares to look.

artist,

You can show similarities between astrology and paganism with any subject even things Our Lord said and did. Seee...they're not the same.

Jesus did not come to earth to preach astrology or paganism but the opposite.

Colbe,
can you, as a christian relegious man/woman, live in harmony with people who follow other religions?

Also, how would you describe the fact that Lord told you (and not only you, but to whole mankind) that he is the only god you suppose to believe in, but if not, you are condemned to hell (eternal fire)?
edit on 24-3-2012 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

zileb,

Please, don't believe the "you're going to hell" business. God is the source of all goodness and love. In my experience, you know yourself human beings, even those who love us the most, they disappoint us.

God never does, turn to Him. He is the source of true happiness and
peace. All you have to do is pray. Ask God the Father or Our Lord for the "grace" to believe, They will give it to you.

If I was Aaron, I could say what I just said much better.

I put up all these faith threads for one reason. All these years, prophecy
states, God is going to send very soon a gift, a Pentecost for the entire
world this time. A personal enlightenment. Pray every day until it happens, I am 100% positive God loves us this much that He easily can make such an event happen.

love,

colbe

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Venus is the brightest planet and can be seen in the morning and is known as the Morning Star -

Sirius is Isis the mother of Horus our Sun note Jesus is often depicted with a Sun Halo in iconography
Isis is also known as The Black Madonna though the followers of a Black Madona were persecuted and slaughtered as heretics by The Roman Catholic Church

"...............the heliacal rising of Sirius, namely the day it becomes visible just before sunrise after moving far enough away from the glare of the Sun. This occurred just before the annual flooding of the Nile and the summer solstice..................."

en.wikipedia.org...

There are plenty of sources regarding Sirius besides Wiki also if one cares to look.

artist,

You can show similarities between astrology and paganism with any subject even things Our Lord said and did. Seee...they're not the same.

Funny thing is I am not a Pagan or into astrology just stating historical facts
I am not into division, everyone is free to believe what they will
How do you know what my relationship with Jesus is?
You just assume in your zealotry.

artist,

Please don't take offense. You brought the subject up. I am trying
to share no matter the similarities, Paganism and Christianity, they are quite the opposite.

You can't compare them. A famous non-Catholic Christian author said you could do the same about McDonalds! About anything.....

Yes you are trying to share and so am I - Yet you alienate and divide by your words -
I am no Pagan or Astrologer or Christian or Jew or Muslim or Buddist or Hindu or any of those things or alternatively I am a Pagan an Astologer a Christian a Jew a Muslim a Buddist a Hindu
I see common ground not division And we are all more than our particular worms eye view of reality
Does this mean your God your Jesus condemns me ? My Jesus does not

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysQuestion
Annunciation is on Monday though (26th)... normally 25th, but not this year.

Nice idea though - like it.

Thank you for the reminder AlwaysQuestion.

blessings,

colbe

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

artist,

You can show similarities between astrology and paganism with any subject even things Our Lord said and did. Seee...they're not the same. Jesus did not come to earth to preach astrology or paganism but the opposite.

Funny thing is I am not a Pagan or into astrology just stating historical facts
I am not into division, everyone is free to believe what they will
How do you know what my relationship with Jesus is?
You just assume in your zealotry.

artist,

Please don't take offense. You brought the subject up. I am trying
to share no matter the similarities, Paganism and Christianity, they are quite the opposite.

You can't compare them. A famous non-Catholic Christian author said you could do the same about McDonalds! About anything.....

Yes you are trying to share and so am I - Yet you alienate and divide by your words -
I am no Pagan or Astrologer or Christian or Jew or Muslim or Buddist or Hindu or any of those things or alternatively I am a Pagan an Astologer a Christian a Jew a Muslim a Buddist a Hindu
I see common ground not division And we are all more than our particular worms eye view of reality
Does this mean your God your Jesus condemns me ? My Jesus does not

Read what I underlined artist, did I mention you personally? You posted the subject. I replied about comparing the two, Christianity with Paganism. The similarities do not make Christianity false. I am not creating division, there already is much division.

I am not sure, you're a mix of Pagan and Christian belief? I am Roman
Catholic.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

artist,

Colbe,
can you, as a christian relegious man/woman, live in harmony with people who follow other religions?

Also, how would you describe the fact that Lord told you (and not only you, but to whole mankind) that he is the only god you suppose to believe in, but if not, you are condemned to hell (eternal fire)?

zileb,

Please, don't believe the "you're going to hell" business. God is the source of all goodness and love. In my experience, you know yourself human beings, even those who love us the most, they disappoint us.

peace. All you have to do is pray. Ask God the Father or Our Lord for the "grace" to believe, They will give it to you.

world this time. A personal enlightenment. Pray every day until it happens, I am 100% positive God loves us this much that He easily can make such an event happen.

love,

colbe

Offcourse I don't believe in ultimatums, but that's what bible says, or Lord.
Please colbe, I asked you two simple questions but I didn't get straight answers...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

reply to post by artistpoet

I don't know why are you so offensive, I was speaking from general point.
Let me try this way "The more questions science asking, the more it know its heading the right way".
Better?

Again you deem to take the moral high ground saying I am offensive - I actually love science though it is highly debatable as to some of the uses it is put. So tell me where is it we are headed and what is the right way.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Ok so you are Roman Catholic I respect that
What is at the heart of your beliefs that is at "opposites" with other beliefs

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Let me try this way "The more questions science asking, the more it know its heading the right way".
Better?

Again you deem to take the moral high ground saying I am offensive - I actually love science though it is highly debatable as to some of the uses it is put. So tell me where is it we are headed and what is the right way.

I wont argue anymore with you. You took something personal but I don't know what it is.
I presented only my opinion on the matter.
And it's not me who is suppose to tell you which way you should go, go wherever you want

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Better?

I wont argue anymore with you. You took something personal but I don't know what it is.
I presented only my opinion on the matter.
And it's not me who is suppose to tell you which way you should go, go wherever you want

Apologies if I came off as blunt or rude all I was attempting to point out is Science alone can not answer all life's questions - Maybe I had a crap day.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

artist,

Colbe,

zileb,

love,

colbe

Offcourse I don't believe in ultimatums, but that's what bible says, or Lord.
Please colbe, I asked you two simple questions but I didn't get straight answers...

I thought I wrote you a kind reply and you don't say a word about it.

Okay, I'll answer.

1. This question is leading. One can see from 33 A.D. on that it's hard for Christian and non-Christians to live in harmony with each other. Our
fallen nature. But with the help of God's grace, we see by history, it
can happen.

2. God didn't tell me personally zileb, I believe by faith and a few signal
graces.

We are the created, a fact so believe and follow your creator. His plan is to be loving. If you choose not to believe His plan and it's been revealed then you don't have God's personal help. Everyone needs His help with our fallen nature to make it to Heaven.

That's why you must first be baptized and pray. There's another must do. Everyone sins, it's those who deny God so remain in grave (mortal) sin do not take the advantage of God's mercy believing He forgives our sins, they do not confess their sins to God during their life. They have rejected the plan, God's loving ways so they choose hell.

God constantly tries to reach every soul and to me (this is my PO) even after they die at their particular judgment. But, if you have rejected God and the plan your whole life, how will you magically say yes at your
judgment?

You're right on this, I don't know where you are at spiritually, I repeat often to everyone at ATS. Please, begin to pray if you reject God or doubt. Talk to Him. He will help you. These are serious times, we are near to the Great Tribulation. The three basics to share again for the life of your soul. The three important....again.

Water Baptism is required, daily prayer and regular confession to God of your serious sins. And Catholics...more is required, you have to go to Confession but you have the benefit of the "grace" of the Sacraments.

God bless you zileb,

colbe

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I find your theory of some celestial event being due to the conception of Jesus (alayhe salaam) to be unfounded. If Jesus (as) was born when people believe he was, June 17, then Mary could not have possibly conceived in late March. see: www.catholicvoteaction.org... therefore the thread a sad attempt to find things that correlate with your beliefs though you are not believing in a truth.

In the early Christian Church, the birth of Christ was not celebrated. During the first three hundred years of the religion the Church in Rome discouraged such a celebration, concerned that it would appear to be more like a Pagan ritual, than a Christian holiday.

As church officials attempted to convert Romans to Christianity, many of the residents continued to celebrate a major winter holiday, "Saturnalia", which was a celebration that lasted a week, which celebrated the Birth of the Unconquerable Sun. This celebration consisted of parades, merry-making and gift giving.

This celebration culminated on December 25th with a celebration of the winter solstice. Also celebrated in Rome around the winter solstice was Juvenalia, which was a celebration for children.

Pope Julius I chose December 25 as the date that the birth of Christ would be celebrated with the hope that the choice of that date would be more easily accepted by the Romans.

www.nvcc.edu...

Better to simply say a cool celestial event is going to happen everyone might enjoy watching it, than to propagate a lie.
edit on 24-3-2012 by Jameela because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jameela

honestly are the adherents to Jesus really at all interested in debating events?

want to try to pierce the veil you may want to start looking into the Acts...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I think Christians do not use rational thought, just believe and try and force everything into that belief, this thread is proof. So no, you are correct, it is doubtful that a christian would wish to debate fact... especially one that does not fit into their fiction.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela
I think Christians do not use rational thought, just believe and try and force everything into that belief, this thread is proof. So no, you are correct, it is doubtful that a christian would wish to debate fact... especially one that does not fit into their fiction.

there is only one goal and that is to eradicate the non believers!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Muslims can use their sword literally... I will use my ideology and God given right of Speech and my country's given right to freedom of it!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
Muslims can use their sword literally..

It appears you know absolutely nothing about my religion, and when you know nothing it is better not to comment

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela

I do not think Muslim use rational thought. When a non muslim burns a Quran, people die. When a non christian burns a bible, nobody dies, they just move on because books can easily be replaced. It is doubtful that any muslim would wish to debate fact, especially one that does not fit into their fiction.

Muslim murder people, christians, jews, even other muslim for their demon Allah. Even peopel of different ethnicities, white, black, middle eastern etc. I think the fiction you believe in is that what you have is a religion of "peace".

The 10 commandments bro, you folks break every one of them.

These 2 clips above are the same incident, one actually got covered by mainstream media which is a surprise.

This one came from the town once called Ephraim in the time of Jesus, palestinian christians killed by muslim. So as you can see, this is not an isolated incident, it is literally everywhere Islam is. Oh and these just happened recently:

This one happened in London.

This one in Texas, a U.S. state. Apparently there's a whole lot of muslim who do not have a problem commiting murder
. Whats that were you saying about fiction again? Islam a religion of peace is 100% fiction, these cases happen all over the world, not just in some backwater country. You know the thing about telling lies? Those lies always seem to find you out.
edit on 24-3-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad
reply to post by colbe

how cool, God can do anything

Sorry to correct you but you're god cannot defeat chariots of iron

Judges 1:19 19 And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

This verse is unclear in the King James translation. It was not the Lord who drove out the inhabitants of the mountain, it was the Israelites, but never mind because in Judges 4:13-16 we find out what God does to these chariots:

13 Sisera summoned from Harosheth Haggoyim to the Kishon River all his men and his nine hundred chariots fitted with iron. 14 Then Deborah said to Barak, “Go! This is the day the LORD has given Sisera into your hands. Has not the LORD gone ahead of you?” So Barak went down Mount Tabor, with ten thousand men following him. 15 At Barak’s advance, the LORD routed Sisera and all his chariots and army by the sword, and Sisera got down from his chariot and fled on foot. 16 Barak pursued the chariots and army as far as Harosheth Haggoyim, and all Sisera’s troops fell by the sword; not a man was left.

So, you are wrong.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

You ever wondered why a god would create people, then choose a certain portion of them to be his chosen ones? Then he would use them to slaughter other people that he also created? And these chosen people were so rebellious at times that he'd have to kill some of them himself...or allow other people to kill them? So weird that he would do that.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman
reply to post by chr0naut

You ever wondered why a god would create people, then choose a certain portion of them to be his chosen ones? Then he would use them to slaughter other people that he also created? And these chosen people were so rebellious at times that he'd have to kill some of them himself...or allow other people to kill them? So weird that he would do that.

Perhaps the ultimate end of what he planned for all his creation (not just humans) warranted far more in the way of discipline and motivation than the rather narrow and self centered view that we humans have foreseen.

God, perhaps, is intelligent at a superhuman level and to expect Him to dumb things down and explain every thing, especially for us, is a bit arrogant.

Consider that there are some things that you will never know or understand and just have to take at face value.

The surprising thing is that as you grow older, you'll find that there are some others, that you may even suspect are beneath you intellectually, who just "get it" and understand, where you don't.

Live with it.

edit on 25/3/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join