It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look to the sky Monday evening (the 25th) ~ how cool, God can do anything.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The thread subject reminds you of Revelation. John writes about the Ark of the New Covenant at the close of Revelation Chapter 11, preparing you to share who it is in the first verse of Chapter 12.

Revelation 12:1
And a great sign appeared in heaven: A woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars:

-- -- --

dsdoconnor.com...

Does Mary Appear in the Night Sky this Feast of the Annunciation?

...On March 25, 2012, millions of Christians (Catholic and Orthodox) will celebrate the “Annunciation” – which commemorates the conception of Jesus. This March 25, there will be a neat astronomical arrangement in the sky, that seems to mesh nicely. See the description below:

The sky will be spectacular in the west after sunset on March 25, 2012, with the waxing crescent moon and the planet Jupiter very close to each other in the evening twilight sky. Plus Venus is nearby – the sky’s brightest planet. You’ll see Jupiter and the moon below Venus in the west after sunset. The famous Pleiades star cluster is above Venus.
( Image and text from earthsky.org... )

For centuries Mary has been referred to as the “Morning Star”, the popular name of the Planet Venus. In this configuration, the Morning Star appears with the moon at her feet. The Pleiades (from “peleiades” the Greek word for doves) overshadows the Morning Star. Jupiter, the “King Planet” approaches the configuration. The symbolism is striking. This is a interesting arrangement for the mystery of the Annunciation which heralds Christ’s coming through Mary....

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

monday is the 26th I believe, sunday is the 25th.
good thread though

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Is not Monday the 26th of March? Sunday being the 25th?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Thanks guys, oops, it's Sunday evening. I hope everyone has a clear
sky to view this special sign.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
God had nothing to do with with the planets being close in orbit and the moons specific place in orbit. Yes, very beautiful, last night was as well. Waxing tiny moon sliver, beautiful clear skies with nice color gradient from light to dark night blue. Stars appearing just in the dark sky and the planets in the waining day light. Beautiful to say the least.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I can't wait! - Doubt anything will be visible though

LoL love getting my hopes up!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Does the virgo constellation make up Mary or is it saying that Venus is Mary? If so i never knew this. People have tied this in with Nibiru so I guess will see tomorrow.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Annunciation is on Monday though (26th)... normally 25th, but not this year.

Nice idea though - like it.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Jesus is the morning star, not Mary. Sorry no S&F 4u.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by HigherLearningSociety
I can't wait! - Doubt anything will be visible though

LoL love getting my hopes up!

We'll see HigherLearningSociety, thanks.

This "Heavenly show" reminds me of the Star of Bethlehem series on Youtube. The author, he wasn't an astronomer, he was a teacher,
a professor.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

i would agree with you if you could prove God doesn't exist, but u cant.just like people of religion cant prove he exists.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AaronWilson
God had nothing to do with with the planets being close in orbit and the moons specific place in orbit. Yes, very beautiful, last night was as well. Waxing tiny moon sliver, beautiful clear skies with nice color gradient from light to dark night blue. Stars appearing just in the dark sky and the planets in the waining day light. Beautiful to say the least.

Aaron,

I have say, your words are beautiful! You should look at this series about
the Star of Bethlehem. They're each very short. One of them at the
near the end of Youtube series is astounding, about the eclipse at the moment of Our Lord's death on the Cross.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

how cool, God can do anything

Sorry to correct you but you're god cannot defeat chariots of iron

Judges 1:19 19 And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Since when the christian relegion is in corelation with astrology???
What you described is visibile starting tonight, its 9:30pm here, I saw it

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Not once did I say he didnt exist. Your ideal is the same I carry. It is impossible to prove and impossible to disprove.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown
Since when the christian relegion is in corelation with astrology???
What you described is visibile starting tonight, its 9:30pm here, I saw it

zilebelieveunknown,

Do you mean Astronomy?

I sent a paste of the thread to my little brother who has a great interest
in Astronomy. I had to send a correction (thanks), because of my error
saying it was Monday. Stupida....

I keep praying and hoping, he is the agnostic of the family.

link   
reply to post by colbe

Thanks. I will be sure to check it out. Was pretty cool seeing Jupiter through the telescope last night against a light sky. Banding was just gorgious with low atmospheric dusturbance. Venus too was quit beautiful, the shear ammount of light she reflects is almost blinding even with a dark filter. Mars too was looking great around 11:30 last night. Could vagly make out a white cap on the top. The sky never sceases to amaze me.

link   
Venus is the brightest planet and can be seen in the morning and is known as the Morning Star -
Sirius is the brightest naked eye star and is also known as The Morning Star,

Sirius is Isis the mother of Horus our Sun note Jesus is often depicted with a Sun Halo in iconography
Isis conceived by immaculate conception also
Isis is also known as The Black Madonna though the followers of a Black Madona were persecuted and slaughtered as heretics by The Roman Catholic Church

"...............the heliacal rising of Sirius, namely the day it becomes visible just before sunrise after moving far enough away from the glare of the Sun. This occurred just before the annual flooding of the Nile and the summer solstice..................."

en.wikipedia.org...

There are plenty of sources regarding Sirius besides Wiki also if one cares to look.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by AaronWilson

i would agree with you if you could prove God doesn't exist, but u cant.just like people of religion cant prove he exists.

It is impossible to conclusively prove that you or I exist also
To some it is just a knowing
Yet what God is or what Gods name or nature is up for eternal debate
God is a counter idea to the idea that all occurred by chance and that there was not a supreme intelligence and unconditional love at play
edit on 24-3-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

Judges 2:1-3

1NOW THE [a]Angel of the Lord went up from Gilgal to Bochim. And He said, I brought you up from Egypt and have brought you to the land which I swore to give to your fathers, and I said, I will never break My covenant with you;
2And you shall make no covenant with the inhabitants of this land; but you shall break down their altars. But you have not obeyed My voice. Why have you done this?

3So now I say, I will not drive them out from before you; but they shall be as thorns in your sides, and their gods shall be a snare to you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join