It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baldur's Gate Enhanced ed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I did a search and saw one that mentions Baldur's Gate in 2004. Also This should be in video games, its the thread area I chose.

So they are coming out with an enhanced edition
How many remember this game and will want to get it when it becomes available?

Currently they mention both 1 and 2 along with the expansions coming out on pc and iPad.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It depends on what is classified as enhanced. And if I can play it with my fiancee on my current game systems. We have fun with it on the original xbox. But to buy it again, I don't think would be worth it. Now, if they actually created a new game in the series? Maybe.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

They didn't mention the Buldur's Gate one that they released on the xbox, just the ones that came out on the computer as far as I can tell.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
They are basically the same. As is any multi-platform release. I'll look at it but without expanded content, not interested in dropping the $40 to $70 for a game I already have.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
These are remakes from the 1998 version, not the Dark Alliance ones.

I've always loved old school RPG's and I always hated, oh god hated, Baldur's Gate.
Dark alliance would of been nice on pc, I was disappointed it only came out on consoles

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I'm looking forward to it. I lost my discs years ago and it will be fun to take out Demogorgan again.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
1) its improved, not only a remake...means new quests, items etc.

2) currently playing the modded BG I+II version...hope they implemented that as well...

3) hell year i will play that game...untill the end... its my no.2 fav game of all time (no.1 is diablo I + hellfire^^)
edit on 23-3-2012 by Hessdalen because: mindcontrol

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Cool, yeah the dark alliance one I didn't really like although it was a fun game to go through with my bro.

It was like a 4 hour game.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Loved the 2 PC games and still have em and icewind dale

So is this going to be a full graphical upgrade ?

Dusting off my +3 two handed sword of berserking

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

Diablo rocked
Check out underworlds on iTunes
Practically the same game
But dungeon keeper 1 was the daddy

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme
It depends on what is classified as enhanced. And if I can play it with my fiancee on my current game systems. We have fun with it on the original xbox. But to buy it again, I don't think would be worth it. Now, if they actually created a new game in the series? Maybe.

Talk is that they're planning to release the two enhanced editions, with the possibility of a new game in the series after that.

Each of the "Enhanced Editions" will offer new quests, new companions, updated graphics and so on... but obviously won't be too high on system requirements, if they're going to run on an iPad too (unless they're releasing dramatically different editions for each platform - which I don't see happening).

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I'd like to know how there's supposed to be a Baldur's Gate 3, when your character may have chosen to become a god at the end of Throne of Bhaal? But I hear they're also redoing Planescape: Torment. I've never played it, but people really seem to love it.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
For about $20 you can get both of the Baldur's Gate games, plus expansion packs, DRM-free and playable on modern OSes from GOG.com. It's a nice little indie site, they keep the games cheap and there's a ton of stuff there.

And each game/game series has it's own forum on the site. On the BG forum you can get all the recommended mods that are easy to install and make everything a little smoother.

GOG's a good place if there's an old game you want to play. All of the old Bioware stuff is on there, Neverwinter Nights, Icewind Dale and the amazing Planescape: Torment.
edit on 3/26/2012 by SaulGoodman because: (no reason given)

top topics

join