It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Hunger Games "Conspiracy"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The book/movie 1984 is not uplifting either but it has an important message:

** NEVER ALLOW THE STATE TO CONTROL YOUR LIFE **

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nephlim
Hunger games is a story of REbellioN against a CORRUPT GOVERNMENT!!!! it is one of the most well written and emotional young adult books. the language is simple enough for a 10 year old to read but it is still a good book. It is on the surface very similar to battle royale but if you actually read the book it is nothing like Battle royale.( haven't watched the movie)

has anyone actually read the series that so easily compares it to battle royale? they overthrow the corrupt government because of the forced hunger games, so it ends up being vastly different.

so no conspiracy theory.

It's hilarious to me that when a fad comes around that is hugely anti-government, people on this site are still paranoid and up in arms about it.

Gotta love ATS - even when you give them something with an idea they promote themselves (on this site), they're still shouting conspiracy

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

But I think even the "sacrifice" motif sends a message that is skewed in a potentially harmful way.
In all the popular stories, the person sacrificing themself is "important". Their death will mean something. They don't die because they are pacifist or believe that acting in love is more important than even self-defense and survival. They die (or whatever else the sacrifice is) because they have been convinced that it's the only right thing to do.

Whereas most of us are not so important in the grand scheme of things. In a survival/apocalypse situation, it will be every person or small band of people for themselves. The notion learned in stories like Harry Potter would never enter into the heads of most people, because their living or dying will have no effect on the world at large. So they will still be likely to be selfish and protect themselves and their band no matter what the harm it does to the other people and bands around them.

Of course, this is only my personal perspective. None of this matters if you are not a pacifist

It's just that if I were writing the story, Katniss and Peeta and Rue would have chosen not to fight at all.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
the only conspiracy is profit

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
It's hilarious to me that when a fad comes around that is hugely anti-government, people on this site are still paranoid and up in arms about it.

You seem to have forgotten the problem/reaction/solution paradigm.

One should be suspicious of anything popular that seems to be encouraging rebellion, because it's probably a ploy by TPTB to get you all to do their dirty work for them....cause a problem so they can implement their solution.

I don't understand why there are so many people on this site and others like it that think rebellion, Occupy movements, etc, are a good thing. It's such an obvious ploy, it's exactly how TPTB work. As long as you are playing their game, you are losing.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by elliotmtl

In the Jesus story he did what he did out of love for humanity. Harry potter did as well, and in the end, it wasn't even his destiny, so really everyone was lead to believe he was "important" when really it was meek, mild little Neville who ended up being the "chosen one"

Usually the real heros are not the "important" ones.....they are the pacifists and the "weak ones" ie Simon from the lord of the flies.

I am a pacifist as well, so I can see why you would not be too quick to get behind a book like this.

However, not all people are in a state of mind to be a pacifist, and I think it is towards those people that the hunger games are geared.

It would not hold people's attention if the main character allowed herself to be offed. It is her struggle that people find compelling because it is a struggle that all humans face. It is a struggle to be a better human and overcome obstacles set in your path, it requires decision making, and let's face it, most humans do not always make the best decisions, but through our mistakes we learn and grow and hopefully become more compassionate people.

And then there are the people who learn nothing and only become more cruel.

It depends on the person, I suppose.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mark1167

Hunger games is nothing more than a cheap watered down version of the 2000 Japanese film "Battle Royale".
Here we go again with another over hyped teenage propaganda sensation just like Harry Potter. Some mediocre writer comes out of nowhere ripping off someone else's idea's, dressing it up in fantasy or whatever and for some strange reason get the most unbelievable advertising and backing.Then all the brainwashed teenagers go ga ga over it because if your a book writer everyone knows the most money to be made is from the market of teenagers between 12 and 16. Then you'll get all these brain dead adults jumping on the trendy bandwagon , so they have something to talk about when Joe at the water cooler goes , "hey seen the hunger game yet?" Then they can go, "oh hey I read the book." I saw it happen with harry Potter. People I new who never ever read books jumped on the band wagon so fast. I remember the looks I got from everyone when I said I had never read Harry Potter or saw the movies. It was like I was a leper or something. I see the same game being played here again. This is the only way Hollywood makes money now a days.Except for Adam Sandler movies. Which he pumps out every six months and none of them get over a 2 in rating, but for some reason they make hundreds of millions.
Watch Battle Royale. It'll make this piece of trype look like a joke.
www.imdb.com...

battle royal kicks ass!!!
disruptive class took on "field trip" then fitted with bomb collars and given weapons
winner gets their collar took off and dont go boom
battle royal 2 is basically when the original "games" owner takes a dislike to the previous winners and sets a new disruptive class out to kill them

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Here is the plot…

It is writtenin the voice of sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives in a post-apocalyptic world in the country of Panem where the countries of North America once existed. The Capitol, a highly advanced metropolis, holds absolute power over the rest of the nation. The Hunger Games are an annual event in which one boy and one girl aged 12 to 18 from each of the 12 districts surrounding the Capitol are selected by lottery to compete in a televised battle in which only one person can survive.

I dislike this film for one reason only: It’s about children being made to kill each other. There are some topics (millions of people) are better off without seeing. (Apart from that) the films plot sounds brilliant. So I’m not surprised that (together with its very high book sales) it’s been well received by critics.
It is after all very “Battle Royal” without the subtitles (which I really enjoyed). I love violent films, with good character development, with actual dynamic. I love high stakes, and when “it’s what would you do, if you were in that situation?” That can be scary, fun to millons.
But isn’t using characters 12-18 is designed to appeal to certain aspects within the numbers that make up society (–the market? Or) at the very least have the negativity controversy from this thread create “good, bad publicity” for the films fame subsequent sales?
Overall people have the right to (pretty much) anything they want in the world of fiction. But surely it’s not wise (morally at least) for the very large numbers of people who make up society, to see children die –killing each other? There are extremely sick people amongst us, (even if they are only one in 10,000) it’s why there are some taboos may make life saving, sense.
I haven’t seen research into this, but common sense makes it seem logically.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
This movie was the most disturbing story I have ever Seen on so many levels, I am stunned, I'm sick to my stomach. The worst realization is how effective the decades of mind control has been and how daunting the task of waking people up is going to be.

I agreed to take my 16 yo daughter and 15 yo son because my wife refused. I am not a fundamentalist. I am no prude. I lived 20 years in Washington DC and have seen the best and worst in people.

This moving was so blatant in the programming of
1. Social Darwinism
2. Moral Relatavism
3. The State as replacement of God
4. Satanic Human Ritual Sacrifice
5. Non-existence of Natural Law
6. Genetically Modified Organisms
7. Hyper Space Age Tech for the haves and proletariat crumbs for the masses
8. Pyschotic behavior of robotic police "Just Following Orders."

I had a very frank discussion with my kids and woke them up to many mature themes. In that respect I am happy I went and am more motivated than ever to let them know that Pacifism would have taken the power from the govt. if all the children simply refused to fight, it would have been GAME OVER.
edit on 25-3-2012 by zarp3333 because: Erp

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

To the Original statement:

No. TPTB are not trying to lower our vibrations, they are trying to make money. You see, during the European Feudal era, the local Knights, Lords and King's= Rock Stars. They used various law's to dictate what people could and couldn't wear(keeping the unwashed masses literally unwashed and in rags) so the aristocratically could look so beautiful and almost other worldly in their outfits. It was their way of staying in power.

Well when that began to fade(and the commoners began focusing on their own things), the aristocracy was forced into playing "what are the commoners interested in now" game. Simple fact is, most people are in an apocalyptic mood, and after awhile zombie movies get stale.
edit on 25-3-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I agree with the OP and I've broached the subject in other places. The only thing that came of it was me being called all sorts of vulgar names, blamed for the problems of the world and even called racist, for some reason which is beyond me, at least twice.

I'm not even going to get into all the reasons I'm against this franchise, I don't have the energy to defend myself against another onslaught. I'm just going to say this:

Why is it that the film Bully, which deals with real and pressing problems, received an R rating because of a few curses while The Hunger Games not only received a PG13 rating but there are schools which are bussing young children to see it en masse???

People need to wake up and learn to think for themselves, stop being mindless consumers and start looking at what you're consuming.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux

Why is it that the film Bully, which deals with real and pressing problems, received an R rating because of a few curses while The Hunger Games not only received a PG13 rating but there are schools which are bussing young children to see it en masse???

People need to wake up and learn to think for themselves, stop being mindless consumers and start looking at what you're consuming.

thats funny i just saw fox news say the same thing. props to you for thinking like fox. props to falling in line with what everyone else thinks.

stop being a mindless consumer and read the book.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by zarp3333

Thanks for your explaination,
Sometimes, a mothers intuition is all that is needed to know when something is bad, thus, regarding my first statement about this film. There is enough of this kind of crap already going on in our everyday lives all around us and sadly enough in our childrens schools.

I just do not for the life of me understand how a person can embrace such morals and values coming from something that very well might become our next generation and say this is awesome?

What is so awesome about putting your children out to be killed or even yourself? I don't understand why this movie is getting such rave reviews? Maybe it is the psychology that is behind this film and maybe, just maybe it isn't getting all the attention that we think it is or that is being perceived.

We all know how the MSM controls everything and we all know who owns the MSM and we all see where our world is heading.because we all know who runs the big banks and who runs the world.

So, maybe this is just another phase of the NWO plan that has been put into place to adjust the world to seeing things their way of how they want to world to be run and as it will be run, I am sure. It.s just only a matter of time now.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephlim

What you just said makes no logical sense. "Stop being a mindless consumer and start consuming." "Stop falling in line with everyone else and get into the most popular thing around right now.". Jeez man, maybe if you'd read more books meant for adults you wouldn't have so much trouble thinking like one.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
o lord, have you guys even read this full thread??

the movie is a hollywood piece of doo doo. no joke.
the book has themes similar to 1984 and the lord of the flies set in a dystopian future that uses violence in a thought provoking way to show the horror and injustice of violence. EVERYONE WHOS ACTUALLY READ IT has nothing but good things to say about it. it is a DEEPLY POLITICAL PIECE.

it is a deep, thought provoking book. when you read about the violence it makes you feel how horrible and pointless violence is. whenever the main characters go through violence they are shown as shell shocked and unable to recover for quite a while. each death is something personal. the book skips alot of gory details.

so yes, way to be like the sheep and just judge a message off a hollywood movie. dig deeper and look for yourself.

yes everyone on this site is into conspiracies for everything. maybe you should read for yourself before you judge.
to just see the violence on top and not judge whats below would have deprived us of so much good literature IF that was what was done. THANK GOD AT LEAST SOME PEOPLE CAN LOOK DEEPER. or else we wouldn't have 1984, we wouldn't have lord of the flies, we wouldn't have war of the worlds, we wouldn't have lord of the rings, etc.etc.etc.

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephlim

What do Lord of the Flies, 1984, Lord of the Rings and every book I have in the entire room in my house which is dedicated to my book collection have in common?

Not only are they better written than The Hunger Games but none of them have four pages worth of graphically descriptive passages about a young boy being mauled by dogs until he is "a hunk of meat", begging for death and then shot in the head by the heroine.

98% of my books are also written for adults.

Seriously, if you think The Hunger Games is deep and meaningful then I feel bad for you, you've obviously missed out on the joy of reading a really good book. If I knew you lived near me I'd invite you to my library and let you borrow almost anything. Some of my books are over 100 years old and out of print, I'm sure you'd find something you'd like.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowflux
reply to post by Nephlim

Seriously, if you think The Hunger Games is deep and meaningful then I feel bad for you, you've obviously missed out on the joy of reading a really good book. If I knew you lived near me I'd invite you to my library and let you borrow almost anything. Some of my books are over 100 years old and out of print, I'm sure you'd find something you'd like.

have you read this full thread?? 1/2 of my jobs have been with books, i read more in a week than most of my friends have in their life. when i was in 5th grade i was reading post college level books. when i was in 6th grade i read the three lord of the rings books in three days. 1 gigantic book a day. i read during highschool instead of paying attention to class then i'd go off to work in the public library after school. i've exhausted all the classics. conservative estimate of 4k books read in my life. conservative estimate. etc etc.

its a good book. we can leave it at disagreeing. but you must realize that there is a huge political message in this three book series that you have to look behind the violence to see. have you read all three books??
and just because its easy doesn't mean its bad, flowers for algernon is written so simply for half of it but is considered a classic.
edit on 1-4-2012 by Nephlim because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
My two cents, people who made it watched japanese film Battle Royale thought it was a kick-ass movie and decided to make something inspired by it but relate it to western world

so thats the Battle Royale and action film fans we got coming to see our film hmm who else can we rope in to make more money..conspiracy people?

so everything is just marketed to tick as many boxes to appeal to a wider audience meaning more moola baby

edit on 1-4-2012 by TheNewKid because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Why does no one consider "1984" to be designed to program us, just modern books?

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Do you think maybe you guys are taking it too serious? I have seen the movie and it was ok. I am pretty sure that the marketing is geared towards teenagers just as movies like Twilight are. That's where the money is at these days. Teenagers are the ones that are spending money to go to movies, so they just gear the marketing towards that demographic. Put a few good looking 20 somethings acting like teenagers in a movie and you have box office gold, it hardly ever matters what the content is. I found the Twilight saga to be far more disturbing than Hunger Games, but that's just my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join