It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. attack helicopter shows off then crashes in Afghanistan (VIDEO)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
People helicopters don't do well in high altitudes. They starve for lift in the thin air ,couple that fact with a possible malfunction and you get a crash

We don't know all the facts none of us were there

Please don't judge somebody's actions till you get ALL the facts

And if he was showing off I think a court marshal is necessary

Be safe people

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Man that would hurt... It look like he still had control after he hit the ground but I guess not.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Elexio

Can you please upload the f-16 fly-by at 20 meters video?

I want to see it with my own eyes to believe it.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by forklift

Loads on you tube

an M1 mirage doing it.

and a UK Gnat (this is my fave)

Also a top 10

I don't use this word alot......Awesome..
edit on 23-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by viperdave
People helicopters don't do well in high altitudes. They starve for lift in the thin air ,couple that fact with a possible malfunction and you get a crash

We don't know all the facts none of us were there

Please don't judge somebody's actions till you get ALL the facts

And if he was showing off I think a court marshal is necessary

Be safe people

Obviously the pilot had a problem with density altitude, he would have pulled the maneuver off at sea level. I'm sure he will say he was practicing some sort of needed trick.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Hats off to the corporate killers? No thanks, I'll pass on that

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
When watching it I thought the blades carved up a load of people like in 28 weeks later but Iam glad no one was hurt.
I bet you the pilot will not be flying again anytime soon.

Reminds me of a story my grandad told me...In WW2 a kids dad was a spirtfire pilot and promised to waggle his wings over this lads school during breaktime, His lad and all his mates were watching as he flew over, waggled his wings and then crashed and he was killed

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
First reply ever, not sure exactly how to word this, but to keep it short: Love your post, inspired me to search for more. Not sure if this was posted already, but it seems relavent.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Elexio

What branch of Dutch militairy are you in, if I may ask?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
i havnt read the full thread
but i can tell you the helicopter in the footage was shot at in another location when dropping troops off
he gradually made it back to base with the controls malfunctioning which is why he crashed
the pilot receieved a medal

i am trying to find the the interview with the pilot
he was on BBC breakfast yesterday morning (23/3) along with another british troop who recieved a medal for his act of bravery when a grenade was thrown at him and his colleagues he picked it up and threw it into a ditch saving him and 7 or 8 of his men.
im confused why the videos of the crash all state US when the pilot was british???

edit on 24-3-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: added info

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
ok so this is all i can find on the pilot
but it also looks like the BBC made a mistake
they said live on the breakfast show that this video is of this pilot who then received a medal ( i dont know how they get confused but they did)

RAF Flight Lieutenant Jonathan Singh, 31, also from Bristol, is to receive the Distinguished Flying Cross – the same medal won by his RAF hero grandfather Daniel Bhore, who flew Hurricanes against Japanese forces in the Second World War.

Flight Lt Singh saved his whole crew as he was flying infantry troops to a massive assault on a Taliban bomb factory.

Valour: Flight Lieutenant Jonathan Arvind Singh of the Royal Air Force
PA
Runs in family: Flying Officer David Bhore, the hero grandfather of Flight Lieutenant Singh
PA

Suddenly his Chinook helicopter was peppered with small arms that sounded like “nails being hammered through metal ” and he knew his craft was badly stricken.

“I had to use all my strength to control the thing,” he recalled yesterday. To be honest it was absolutely terrifying.”

Amazingly, he limped his Chinook back to a patrol base in a seven-minute terror flight.

He added: “My Grandad would have been very proud. Sadly he is no longer around.”

Its plainly obvious he was flying a "chinook" and the video is an "apache"
god damn BBC making me confused now

edit on 24-3-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

i havnt read the full thread but i can tell you the helicopter in the footage was shot at in another location when dropping troops off he gradually made it back to base with the controls malfunctioning which is why he crashed the pilot receieved a medal

You seem a bit confused, the OP is about an Apache helicopter wich was clearly showing off and crashed, you are talking about a British Chinook helicopter that was shot at.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by bastardo

yes i did point that out
i was confused because the BBC showed this video and then linked the crash to the british pilot who was awarded a medal
it seems the BBC was confused also

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Just grab the duct tape...

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bastardo

Airforce mate. I totally forgot to post the movie this weekend, but i'll try to put it up tonight. Btw, it is similar to other video's seen online, so it's nothing special unless you experienced it yourself offcourse.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join