It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. attack helicopter shows off then crashes in Afghanistan (VIDEO)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

What an idiot. Even if the pilot wanted to lie about the crash, he cannot
He/She's going to get it from everyone including family and especially friends
Talk about his resume if he's out looking for work

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

nobody walked away from that... imagine a car crashes gs and compare it to that

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
one less scum apache pilot. he must of been drunk or couldn't find any civilians to vaporize with his 30 mm.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
What a moron for uploading this video. He might as well post videos of his mates being shot.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
one less scum apache pilot. he must of been drunk or couldn't find any civilians to vaporize with his 30 mm.

Yeah but who will you be calling for when we are under attack someday at home!

Maybe you should watch some good old Alien takeover movies, who comes and makes our hearts grow hopeful again! the attacks from the air, they were trained to defend us they are being used as a tool, the tool does not tell the user what to do.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

In the first place only a pilot of one of these would know what we are seeing. he seems to come around and back to line up to land, like all aircraft do, just gets a downdraft at the last second.
I don't see any hot-dogging, the circle he makes seems normal landing procedure. Pilots out there?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
about $20,000,000+ down the tubes because somebody wanted to show skills that they DONT HAVE! when i see stuff like this i wonder if all the piolit gets is a written letter of naughtiness in his file. would he do that in battle? bored soliders will do stupid things................................................................................................

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
In combat zones you come in fast and set down without hovering. what i see is the pilot coming in fast and botching it but not showing off.

This is done because some of the bad guys have found out how to use RPGs as anti aircraft weapons and if you hover and land normal you stand a chance of getting a RPG up the a##

Many RPG rounds self destruct at 900 meters with a nice explosion and the bad guys know this and fire at helicopters from that range.
The best way not to be a target is to keep moving and not hover in one place as you are landing.

This was the trick AL Qaeda used during the Black-hawk Down episode in Somalia

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
LMFAO

That was hilarious especially since no one died which I find hard to believe.

If someone did die, as long as it was the pilot and not a passenger well then it still mildly amusing.

If he lived I hope he gets his ass handed to him, Imagine if he had of hit the base which by the looks of it he only missed by about 15 metres

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Jesus.

Don't they have X-box. It's cheaper entertainment if they want to play.
I mean if they were bored I would prefer they shoot a couple grand worth of munitions into goats rather than wreck millions of dollars worth of equipment we need.

damn it. That is what flight simulators are for, oh and roller coasters. That crap is expensive and we are broke.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Bored troops syndrome...

Can sometimes be deadly...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I bet this was famous callsign Crazy Horse

LiveLeak
They do pretty crazy sh1t

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Check out the guy about 24 seconds in, right where the tail rotor smashes into the floor he has to dive right.out of the way. For anyone saying he isnt showing off why would anyone in the right mind come in to land at such high speed with that amount of troops right below you?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
wow... idiot.

Still I laughed.
He deserved it. Theres no way a pro pilot should do this knowing that he wouldnt have one little nifty thing call LIFT to bring it up...

Oh well... one less cool 64 because of an idiot.

Thats what i call Karma

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
This is how you show off in an Apache.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by baerj1
reply to post by hp1229

nobody walked away from that... imagine a car crashes gs and compare it to that

Thats not what the other posts indicate. People did walk away from this it seems.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
why does it look snow covered and not sandy??

seconf line

Afghan has a few types of terrain. Valleys, mountains, fields, plains, lakes, hills and such.

It's not all desert in the middle east.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by bastardo
This is how you show off in an Apache.

I heard about this movie, some collegues were there. Yet it still doesn't beat the fly-by of an F16 who passes you from 20meters max. =)

edit: If people are interested i might be able to upload the movie here on ats. (if allowed)
edit on 23-3-2012 by Elexio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by reluctantflux
A machine that cost more money than I'll make in my lifetime, that was purchased using my money, being abused by a government employee that is being paid from a portion of my paycheck in a war that I don't support, that is against people that I have no issue with, that is used to attack people that are only attacking us because we're bombing their friends and family, and it's all destroyed for a non-training, non-combative joyride resulting in a trashed helicopter and presumably costly medical bills that will also be paid for courtesy of me.

This country needs to change.

You nailed it.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by duffdean
Check out the guy about 24 seconds in, right where the tail rotor smashes into the floor he has to dive right.out of the way. For anyone saying he isnt showing off why would anyone in the right mind come in to land at such high speed with that amount of troops right below you?

There is the thing though, we don't know a thing about piloting in a military zone. How do we know anything about this video? They could have been practicing hot landing under fire. They could have been under fire for all we know, we don't know what the guys on the ground are doing or what is being done.

People should find out before saying things like they should be dead.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join