It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. attack helicopter shows off then crashes in Afghanistan (VIDEO)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Hot-dogging and showing off appear to be behind the crash of a U.S. Apache attack helicopter in a snowy

base in Afghanistan, caught on a video now going viral in the Internet.

According to British newspaper The Daily Mail, the video appeared online several days ago and the military is investigating the incident, which reportedly claimed no lives.

A spokesman for U.S. forces in Afghanistan told ABC News the video was filmed on February 6 in Paktika province.

www.calgarysun.com...

So is THIS why their are NATO Helicopters crashing every other week over in the region?...

It states no one was killed, but it looks like one hell of a bumpy ride.
edit on 22-3-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Must be boatloads of fun to destroy things that taxpayers pay for. Hopefully, whoever was "flying" that thing is held responsible for his/her asinine behavior.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Wow, that was crazy! How the hell was no one killed? Why the hell was the Tom Cruise wanna be doing a fly by in the first place? He's dam lucky he's not coming up on manslaughter charges. Idiot...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
wow... idiot.

Still I laughed.
He deserved it. Theres no way a pro pilot should do this knowing that he wouldnt have one little nifty thing call LIFT to bring it up...

Oh well... one less cool 64 because of an idiot.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
What a shame. Those things cost an insane amount of money even when they're not being used for entertainment purposes. One can't help but think of all the lovely things that could be done with that kind of money, like taking care of our problems at home.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Geez. I can understand the need to boost morale, but don't do it with a multi-million dollar aircraft and definitely don't endanger lives.

I hope his buddies give him crap for the rest of his carrer...I wonder if that is coming out of his check?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
why does it look snow covered and not sandy??

seconf line

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2
why does it look snow covered and not sandy??

seconf line

Because it's snow. They have snow over there too.

Didn't they just have loads of it?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

because it is snow,it snows in afganistan too

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
So it is NOT the enemy destroying tanks and copters.
and it is um! friendly fire killing US troops!
well they are Fake Wars.

edit on 22-3-2012 by buddha because: Aliens made me do it.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Wow. Just more evidence of an government and military out of control. Blowing up dog's, Burning Korans, pissing on dead bodies, posing with skulls, killing civilians. Isn't war grand.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Is this what we send our military over seas to do? Play around in helicopters that cost millions of dollars like its some kind of joke.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brandon88
Is this what we send our military over seas to do? Play around in helicopters that cost millions of dollars like its some kind of joke.

Well... we used to race tanks.
But this is just stupid

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Good thing that the pilot(s) are alive, but it was pretty silly. I can imagine that it was a way to blow off the pressure of combat zone and the guys are probably pretty young but the military is now going to have their behinds.
It is what would happen here at least. You do not total costly helicopter just to scare other soldiers on the ground.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
He actually did quite well in the first round.

But the second dip unfortunately turned into a disaster.

He probably ejected before the Apache hit the snow.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by becomingaware
Geez. I can understand the need to boost morale, but don't do it with a multi-million dollar aircraft and definitely don't endanger lives.

I hope his buddies give him crap for the rest of his carrer...I wonder if that is coming out of his check?

He won't fly again. Undoubtedly and unfortunately, there probably were some injuried spinal columns in that crash.

Actually, in looking at it again you can see the body of the chopper go tumbling off to the right. Surely, people died in that crash.
edit on 22-3-2012 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by forklift

dont think helicopters have ejection systems i know they thought about it and even tested some but never deployed any in combat as far as i know. it almost looked like he bottomed out and lost his tail rotor and then lost it as he tried to control it with out a tail rotor and started to spin.either way the fact he didn't die shows some form of skill if not intelligence

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by forklift
He actually did quite well in the first round.

But the second dip unfortunately turned into a disaster.

He probably ejected before the Apache hit the snow.

The lack of an ejector seat makes that unlikely. :-)

On the first impact the crashworthiness would have paid for itself. Thats the kind of impact modern helicopter seating is optimised for.

Looks like they broke the tail rotor drive on impact or shortly after causing loss of yaw control. I'm genuinely surprised the 2nd impact didn't kill somebody. That seems near miraculous.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join